YesNoOk

Killer Instinct (XB1 & Windows 10) (Read 743842 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 10, 2013, 07:28:09 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Killer Instinct (XBONE)
#61  June 11, 2013, 06:07:51 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
TL;DR Jago bullshit.

What the fuck. How can you write such an awfully pretentious description of something that looks like complete shit?
#62  June 11, 2013, 06:11:50 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
...I didn't actually mind the redesigns and the gameplay looked kinda neat. * C.A.N walks back into the shadows *
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#63  June 11, 2013, 06:39:24 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
That's pretty much exactly how I feel. My only beef outside of XBONE is the fact that, well, the effects are all over the fucking place.
Outside of that, looks pretty neat.
#64  June 11, 2013, 06:51:44 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Also if the episodic thing is true, there might be a "full release" for retail later on.

Keep in mind I'm ignoring the whole "XBONE, ALWAYS ONLINE, etc." with this idea.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#65  June 11, 2013, 07:19:04 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Episodic fighting game!?

I'm really not liking all of these X-Bone announcements. I remember a time when, you know, games were released and that was that. I understand times are changing, but fighting games and episodes don't go well together. Sequels, yeah. Not episodes. WTF!?
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#66  June 11, 2013, 07:53:37 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
I understand times are changing, but fighting games and episodes don't go well together.
SF3. 2I to 3S, to be precise. It was meant to be as such anyway. :U

Who knows, it could be two episodes, with one half covering the part of the original roster and KI2's, while the other part could contain the remaining ones and new characters and stages and possible gameplay mechanics put into play. Shit, maybe new finishers.
Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 07:56:54 am by [Dropped]
#67  June 11, 2013, 07:55:09 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Touche!!
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#68  June 11, 2013, 07:58:52 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
I guess one worrisome thing about it being episodic would be more importantly the price. Paying from the get-go at like $30 for just a handful of content as part of the current trend of a Season Pass would be like paying for a closed beta which people already do on a regular basis now, but it's still a questionable decision all depending on how many parts they're gonna put out.

And if they miraculously put Cinder back in, my god.
I'm gonna have to choke a bitch.
#69  June 11, 2013, 10:03:37 am
SFIV also looked like shit when it was revealed.
A couple years before the release. This comes out in just a few months. You don't do a design overhaul in a few months, you go to press.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Re: Killer Instinct (XBONE) STUPID MS IS STUPID!
#70  June 11, 2013, 11:06:01 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
With the odds stacked against Microsoft, it was nice to know that there was something to look forward to on Xbox One, something fans have been anxiously clamoring for. But Microsoft couldn't stand not to fuck even this one up. Enter the free-to-play model.

Killer Instinct is a free digital-only Xbox One launch title, but you will have to pay for all the characters, which consist of both old faces and newcomers. In fact, the only character available for free is Jago, while the rest will be available for a price to be announced at a later date.

Whatever. I don't care anymore. Any goodwill Microsoft hoped to build with this revival has been chucked out the fucking window. Way to go, ass munches.

http://www.destructoid.com/killer-instinct-is-combo-tastic-and-it-s-free-to-play-255989.phtml

its getting worse and worse....
#71  June 11, 2013, 12:58:37 pm
    • USA
In fact, the only character available for free is Jago, while the rest will be available for a price to be announced at a later date.

What the fucking fuck

This is not how you make a fighting game

GOH

#72  June 11, 2013, 01:08:54 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Hahahahaha what the fuck
#73  June 11, 2013, 02:28:02 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Looking at the concept art... they went with the WORST mask design. Ugh, I'm not looking forward to see the rest of the characters.
#74  June 11, 2013, 02:30:09 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
About the only thing I think I liked was the trailer's "Available in your home" homage line.

Otherwise as I said, goodnight sweet prince
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#75  June 11, 2013, 02:40:25 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I'm actually glad they are screwing this game up so bad in a way. I was/am a huge KI fan. Loved the SNES and N64 versions. I don't want any reason at all to want this XBox.

The game looks horrible. Graphic direction, character designs, and even the fighting engine doesn't look like it was in the old games. Pay for each character? Gotta catch them all!!! Fighters will become the next Pokemon with MS...
#76  June 11, 2013, 03:15:46 pm
  • Club -SyN- in my past life
    • USA
    • negative-edge.net
#77  June 11, 2013, 04:10:38 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
Free to play?

More like Free to Pay.

This is just... I have no words anymore.
#78  June 11, 2013, 04:40:10 pm
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
Whatever happened to buying finished games?
#79  June 11, 2013, 06:14:06 pm
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
Honestly, I think a F2P model for fighting games is kind of an interesting idea, but to have just only one character available is simply awful.
#80  June 11, 2013, 06:16:54 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA