YesNoOk

Street Fighter V (Read 2927457 times)

Started by O Ilusionista, December 05, 2014, 01:44:16 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter V
#121  December 05, 2014, 08:29:14 pm
Elena, Twelve, and Eagle should be brought back 
new characters that should be created:
an MMA fighter with Brazilian jiu-jitsu style, a sambo user, a kickboxer (with a different style than DeeJay) and a Filipino Martial Arts user.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#122  December 05, 2014, 08:34:53 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
#123  December 05, 2014, 08:43:08 pm
Just give us most of the roster back ffs
#124  December 05, 2014, 08:47:43 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
TBH I could give a fuck less about tbe roster, good roster won't save a bad game.  Just look at CFJ.  I wanna see gameplay!
#125  December 05, 2014, 08:48:34 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#126  December 05, 2014, 08:51:00 pm
I just say that because I don't want them to give us old characters as DLC again, especially not if they haven't seen many changes at all to their moveset and playstyle. If they did what someone else said and gave us mostly all new characters then I wouldn't complain as long as they don't give us old ass characters for money.

The fuck I look like paying $15 for SF2 characters, know what I'm saying?
#127  December 05, 2014, 08:56:59 pm
    • Peru
TBH I could give a fuck less about tbe roster, good roster won't save a bad game.  Just look at CFJ.  I wanna see gameplay!

This. As happy as I am for a new Street Fighter, I feel a bit too old for the mandatory New Stuff vs. Old Stuff discussion :/
#128  December 05, 2014, 09:03:13 pm
Elena, Twelve, and Eagle should be brought back 
new characters that should be created:
an MMA fighter with Brazilian jiu-jitsu style, a sambo user, a kickboxer (with a different style than DeeJay) and a Filipino Martial Arts user.

filipino martial art user? eagle?
#129  December 05, 2014, 09:12:30 pm
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
I'm really liking the new art style because, generally speaking, SF4's roid infused models looked terrible IMO. Here Ryu is still ripped but not excessively bulky. I just hope some fightpads come out for the PS4 before it launches because the DS4 just isn't built for these kind of games IMO.
#130  December 05, 2014, 09:16:21 pm
Seems to be the same to me, though it does looks more refined.

Character speculation does sound fun and all, but yeah personally I'm more anxious about what will make SF5 different so that I can enjoy playing the characters I like. Hopefully increasing the damage on anything that isn't a Super, less questionable cross-ups, and upping the tempo (I enjoy moving like molasses and I'm sure everyone else does as well). And adding things that will make this game stand out from the other iterations.

Oh, and remove comeback ultras but who am I kidding that shit won't happen.
Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 09:20:20 pm by Jiinx
#131  December 05, 2014, 09:23:42 pm
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#132  December 05, 2014, 09:28:25 pm
Oh, and remove comeback ultras but who am I kidding that shit won't happen.
Maybe you didn't notice but this is a new game, it's not another iteration of SF4. There's no reaon to believe ultras will reappear. Not saying there won't be a comeback mechanic, but ultras are unlikely to be there uchanged.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#133  December 05, 2014, 09:29:04 pm
I'll just copy and paste my thoughts from Facebook:

I'm glad to know that they are definitely developing this new title. That's great news, but I have to say that so far I'm not impressed. The graphics so far look like a slightly improved version of SF4. They easily could've pulled off that look last gen. They are even still using the whole "ink" motif. I know that the majority of this will be changed in the final version, but I can't get hype for what looks like USF4+

For an announcement trailer is was very anti-hype. If Capcom knows how to do anything they know how to advertise and promote the products they care about. Maybe I'm being superstitious, but for them to willingly give a first impression with a boring trailer like this makes me worry about how seriously they are taking this new title.

Hopefully, hell I'm PRAYING, that all of my worrying is all for nothing and this game will be a welcome and awesome addition to the franchise.
#134  December 05, 2014, 09:29:46 pm
    • USA
#135  December 05, 2014, 09:30:49 pm
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
Edit: ^^ what about parring? Just because something new is introduced it doesn't mean it'll be a series staple.

If I'm not mistaken, I think I heard somewhere that they wanted to put more effort behind single player experiences going forward. Things like World Tour Mode and Dramatic battle are what I loved the most about SFA3 back in the day. I'd love to see an evolution of these or something new entirely.

As far as gameplay changes go, yeah, a faster pace would be nice. New moves for old character would also be cool too. I'd like air guarding as well, but I'm not sure how many of you are up for that.
#136  December 05, 2014, 09:32:13 pm
Supers appearing in games past ST, and EX moves appearing in games past SF3.
Right, and parry and variable combos and VS-style chains were in every game past their first one.
Ultras are tied to the focus attack, which are also likely to disappear.
#137  December 05, 2014, 09:33:00 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
I just hope some fightpads come out for the PS4 before it launches because the DS4 just isn't built for these kind of games IMO.
This is new to me.  Is the DS4 that difficult to adjust in fighters due to the d-pad being clunky or something? Just wondering here since I've been playing on DS3 for most fighters.
#138  December 05, 2014, 09:33:34 pm
That was just me being pessimistic, I really need to stop doing that.

I do believe there's going to be another comeback mechanic since it's one of the things that "made" SF4, hopefully it will be more tolerable.
#139  December 05, 2014, 09:33:40 pm
    • USA
Supers appearing in games past ST, and EX moves appearing in games past SF3.
Right, and parry and variable combos and VS-style chains were in every game past their first one.

You asked for a reason to believe they would be back, I gave you one, that being that mechanics existing in previous SF games have returned in the past.  I didn't say all of them did, which would have made this rebuttal valid if I had.
#140  December 05, 2014, 09:35:14 pm
Ultras are tied to the focus attack, which are also likely to disappear. It's a whole system, taking one and leaving the other would just break the whole concept. And obviously they're not bringing back both either. There have been revolutionary systems that came back, but that's stuff that was recognized and copied in other series as well.Focus+ultras aren't in this case.