YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat Trilogy Extended (by MKTX Team) cancellation discussion (Read 100035 times)

Started by Iced, December 28, 2015, 05:01:16 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Mortal Kombat Trilogy Extended (by MKTX Team)
#21  April 23, 2016, 09:33:22 pm
right there can eat up too much cpu ram according to my experience
Sorry, it's already impossible on this level of development.

this is a really great version of Mortal Kombat Trilogy. Keep it up.
Thanks!!) Here's Kage video with Shang Tsung MK3 walkthrough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwmXdJP1npo
#22  April 24, 2016, 12:03:40 am
    • USA
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/shinsmoke?feature=mhee
right there can eat up too much cpu ram according to my experience
Sorry, it's already impossible on this level of development

If that's the case then I have no choice but to delete it off my notebook since I can't play it. I already lost all hope for this game due to these problems I encountered with it. It's already bad enough that it doesn't support joystick & I use a PS3 controller to play Mugen games cause I'm not a fan of using keyboard for fighting games especially Mugen due to the game's A.I. always being aggressive like aggression is mandatory in Mugen A.I. well it's not!
#23  April 24, 2016, 03:37:24 am
If that's the case then I have no choice but to delete it off my notebook since I can't play it. I already lost all hope for this game due to these problems I encountered with it. It's already bad enough that it doesn't support joystick & I use a PS3 controller to play Mugen games cause I'm not a fan of using keyboard for fighting games especially Mugen due to the game's A.I. always being aggressive like aggression is mandatory in Mugen A.I. well it's not!
Never said MUGEN part isn't compatible with gamepad. It's about launcher things like menus, options and select.
And difficulty can be changed via settings obviously. Good luck with other MK projects.
#24  April 24, 2016, 06:15:40 am
    • USA
Never said MUGEN part isn't compatible with gamepad. It's about launcher things like menus, options and select.
And difficulty can be changed via settings obviously. Good luck with other MK projects.

Well I wouldn't have known that cause the matches do not load at all for me when the Mugen exe opens up. Another thing I'm not a amateur to play Mugen games on easy difficulty ok. I never said I had a problem beating the Mugen A.I. unless it's a extremely cheap A.I. that does nothing but bullshit to win a match. Also I highly doubt that the A.I. in this MKTX game behave by the difficulty setting you set it. on. Why I say this cause according to some videos I've seen on youtube Novice ladder on medium difficulty doesn't seen like a Novice ladder at all if the A.I. is already fighting aggressively & pulling out shit load of combos on you on the first match. Some novice ladder that is....that's more like a No Fux ladder as in it doesn't give a fux what game difficulty setting you set it on it's going to kick your ass anyway lol. Last but least I've done very good A.I. patches for Mugen characters in the past & a few months from now I'm going to release a A.I. patch for Borg's edition of MKP cause it sure can use a much better competitive A.I.
#25  April 29, 2016, 01:35:31 am
AI in MKTX never was connected with columns. It depends on difficulty, which you may define in settings.
Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 10:40:31 am by Le@N
#26  April 29, 2016, 01:38:27 am
    • Brazil
Nice! thanks for the news Le@N !
#27  April 29, 2016, 02:13:37 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 05:05:54 am by 【MFG】gui0007
#28  April 29, 2016, 02:26:08 am
    • USA
AI in MKTX never was connected with columns. It depends on difficulty, which you may define in settings.

Kage uploaded v1.030 already, public release available below.

Download: https://mega.nz/#!fZw1yaZa

Sucks that the AI in MKTX is not connected with the destiny columns, it would've been nice if it did though. I got to finally play it although it takes about 5 minutes to load a match on my notebook along with lag issues during the matches & 3 minutes to load the continue & battle plan screens. Other than that this is a very fun game to play however I notice that the diffculty level doesn't increase when you're midway through the game which I find disappointing in a way.
#29  April 29, 2016, 02:42:17 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
That MK3 Shang plays hella great. Great update, can't wait to see UMK3 Jade and Kitana.

Shit
#30  April 30, 2016, 07:00:05 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Aww man I can't do fatalities on Shao Kahn in 2P anymore. I loved blowing his head off with Stryker's shotgun.

Also just a silly thing but I reckon you should kinda amend Shao Kahn's ending so it says "Have a nice day" at the end just for kicks. Its funny that way. Like in MK1 Raiden and MK2 Shang's endings.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#31  June 21, 2016, 05:51:37 pm
I really love this game! It feels really professional.
I hope everything is alright for the developpers and that we will see future updates soon!
Keep up the good work guys!
#32  July 11, 2016, 06:40:43 pm
Sorry, I was little busy to post here about updates. Kage decided to close MKTX because didn't receive UMK3 graphics.
It's improssible to continue development without xTH@WK's spritesheets. And Kage waited near 4 months until UMK3 females will be finished.

I hope you will have good time with current MKTX version.

Download: https://mega.nz/#!fZw1yaZa
Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 06:43:56 pm by Le@N
#33  July 12, 2016, 04:34:14 am
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
So this is over? :foreveralone:
#34  July 12, 2016, 05:28:33 am
  • Shit
I thought I'd clarify things on this situation, to not leave the details on the game being canceled way too vague. No, I'm not part of the team, I just had a talk with Le@N about this to get a better idea of what was going on. This is more of a calling out sort of post, because I'm personally pretty annoyed by the decision that Kage took.

Even after Kage said he would continue the game if people donated to him, and even after people donated to him, just because the spriter's progress on the UMK3 characters wasn't fast enough to Kage's liking, Kage simply decided to cancel the game just because he felt impatient about the sprite progress, and simply claims to have lost interest as he moved on to making some other game of his own.

Now, the biggest problem on this is that Kage is the only one who gained money from this whole "pls. Anyone else on the team is doing it for free, ESPECIALLY their sprite artist. Spriting decently is already quite demanding, and doing proper editing of MK sprites of all things must be pretty difficult from what I imagine, yet he had xTH@WKx (the spriter) to do it for free and he STILL dared to whine about him not being fast enough. The icing on top of this shit cake is that apparently, he has no idea how to put a project on hold until further progress can be made, he just thinks canceling is the only thing that can be done.

So yeah, if Kage was doing this just as a hobby, I wouldn't question his decision to cancel MKTX... but people donated to this, hoping to see it completed, and he just cancels it because he doesn't knows how to put a project on hold. It's a shame because I was really hoping to see this completed, as I even helped to donate to the game, and of course I'm upset about this. That being said, he ran away with people's money after getting enough donations for the next update, took a shit over everyone else's support, and was unreasonably demanding to his own artist.

Thanks a lot, Kage. Now go fuck yourself with a cactus.

Shit
#35  July 12, 2016, 05:33:39 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Whoa.

I have to agree with Roach here if this is the case. Taking people's money and NOT using it to pay the others involved in the project is low, ESPECIALLY if you end up canceling it.

It's even worse when they technically don't even know what they're donating towards. At least have something like "$3/$350 to pay the artist and coder to complete a Polar Bear Sub-Zero with a fatality where he shits the enemy into a blood popsicle and licks it." Not this vague "give me money so I can continue the project" stuff.

lui

#36  July 12, 2016, 06:20:57 am
    • USA
What a shithead.
#37  July 12, 2016, 03:18:11 pm
just because the spriter's progress on the UMK3 characters
Seriously, >4 months is enough time to make whatever.

he had xTH@WKx (the spriter) to do it for free and he STILL dared
He personally didn't want to take donations. Besides, HIS leak was permament reason of MKTX problems.

they technically don't even know what they're donating towards
It's really wrong point. Many people just wanted to support MKTX without requirements. Though, I clearly said about features Kage will add in 1.030 version. Next version could include select with rotating portraits. However, Kage decided to cancel development anyways. Mostly because of complicated situation with graphic resources. Anyways, people received stable v1.030 with various additions. Besides, I clearly don't see Mr. Roach in v1.040 from Kage's message about donations. Finally, Kage clearly said about donations just for motivation. Without specific goals or whatever you wanted to to have. Just shut up already and don't leave provocations everywhere. Now I'm out of the discussion.

P,S, Those who described in v1.040 later will get something.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#38  July 12, 2016, 05:43:36 pm
  • Shit

Shit
Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 06:13:49 pm by MotorRoach
#39  July 12, 2016, 07:33:41 pm
#40  July 12, 2016, 08:05:19 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
What does MotorRoach taking commissions have to do with your team's shady practices?