YesNoOk

Smash Bros. System by K.Y-Shanxi (Read 6453 times)

Started by KarjamP, May 26, 2013, 08:28:58 pm
Share this topic:
Smash Bros. System by K.Y-Shanxi
#1  May 26, 2013, 08:28:58 pm
    • South Africa
K.Y-Shanxi, known for that pretty much well done Bowser character, had been working on making on a way to turn MUGEN into a Super Smash Brothers clone.

site:
http://www.geocities.jp/ky_shanxi/smashbrossystem/index.htm

Video:
http://nicoviewer.net/sm11037996

Unfortunately, the instructions required to use this are in Japanese, so I had to use Google Translate to read the instructions.

For what I can get of it, in order to customize the characters to support the system, you'd have to use the provided template and put that inside the characters.

You can customize their "weight" and what voices they'd use when they "ring out".

I think it's also possible to customize what type of life bar the character would use (like in one video, where the player who was using this had a Masterhand with a HP bar instead of a percentage one). I think I see that option in the template, but Google Translate makes that option more difficult to understand.

So far, the only stage I know for this MUGEN is the provided "N64 SSB Final Destination" stage, but I think it can be customised to bring in more stages.

Can anyone with knowledge of Japanese (or at least turning "Google Translate" babble into proper English) please translate for us the instructions and the template properly?

And before anyone asks, yes, I know that this post is late, but I can't find the rule stating I can only post recent stuff here. If I really can't do this, then please show me the rule.

Besides, I don't know where to put this content otherwise.
Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 09:07:54 pm by KarjamP
Re: Smash Bros. System by K.Y-Shanxi
#2  May 26, 2013, 08:58:30 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • Skype - trinitro.man
    • discord.gg/uET2xQn
I think, that should be in the same place, where the other tutorials are, since this has enourmous potential.
P.S.: I have Shanxi's Bowser, and I approve that.
#3  May 26, 2013, 10:04:22 pm
    • South Africa
I think this is more of a toolkit or a engine within MUGEN than a tutorial or how to.
#4  May 27, 2013, 12:32:51 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Yea I think I remember trying to attempt something similar at one point with Kung Fu Man. Though it wasn't based on %'s or no stage fall outs, but he did get hit further every time. Eventually to a point where he kept hitting the walls from opponent attacks, and just completely died if flown too hard. Though it was a terrible concept that really didn't go anywhere, but it was attempted nonetheless. :P

Looks like this guy did well on (re)making the engine so far. I can see that there could be more work done on this. It would be interesting if that system worked on any character where all you had to do was to add your own characters to the roster there, and they would work automatically like that. :)

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."