YesNoOk

IKEMEN Disscussion Thread (Read 689275 times)

Started by 2Dee4ever, July 01, 2015, 09:10:17 pm
Share this topic:
Re: IKEMEN Disscussion Thread
#161  February 23, 2017, 04:26:28 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
^^^^
Stuff like this makes me want to learn so I can get my hands dirty. At least the creator is updating this compared to Mugen.
#162  March 20, 2017, 05:38:49 pm
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
IKEMEN GOT UPDATED! Newest version: ikemen_2017-03.7z

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/ikemen-table-contents-please-read-first-175520.0.html

or

https://osdn.jp/users/supersuehiro/pf/ikemen/wiki/FrontPage

What got fixed? (in Japanese)

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

What got fixed? (Bad Google Translate being bad)

Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 06:00:19 pm by TheFclass97
#163  March 20, 2017, 06:20:18 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Good to see him updating the engine frequently.
Lasagna
#164  March 24, 2017, 08:00:39 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Fix not hit by priority of reversaldef
Fixed the rotation reversed when angledraw is negative display scale
Fixed that ctrl is forced to 0 when KO is done
Fixed that command entry of keyctrl helper command is not independent
Fix unhittable of superpause
Corner push does not work unless it is perfect for the screen edge
Fixed that bindtoroot etc. becomes invalid during hit pause

Not sure how I feel about the rest, but finally happy that they fixed superpause's unhittable parameter being ignored. Also the command entry for helpers was fixed, which means Jesuszilla & Vans's buffer codes finally work properly.
#165  May 14, 2017, 04:56:55 pm
    • Puerto Rico
IKEMEN has been updated (Ver. ikemen_2017-05)
https://osdn.net/users/supersuehiro/pf/ikemen/wiki/FrontPage

Changes (Original text)

Changes (somewhat translated)

#166  August 21, 2017, 10:55:04 pm
  • MUGEN MK creator & Samurai Shodown player
Any word of command line/Quick Versus functionality? Like a direct-to-battle thing with predetermined characters/stages and other parameters from -h . As well as Debug mode, logs, and other miscellanneous Mugen stuff.
Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 11:00:48 pm by Black Shroud
#167  August 21, 2017, 11:44:45 pm
    • Puerto Rico
All that is already in the engine (thoudk Idk what you mean by quick versus, when I see that I usually just think about a versus mode vs cpu or something).
#168  August 21, 2017, 11:53:17 pm
Well, why I'm asking is because I tried the   .../ikemen.exe" -p1 <charname> -p2 <charname> -s<stagename> syntax for command line and it didn't work, so some examples or documentation in case of Ikemen would be welcome. In other words, a way of starting "1P vs COM" instantly from loading screen (without menu and select), predetermined characters/stage, and a log of fight's outcome. The latter was something which got axed from Mugen 1.1 for reasons unknown.
#169  August 22, 2017, 12:07:58 am
    • Puerto Rico
Oh, well thats possible but done differently. I dont know why you would use ikemen for just 1p vs com at the start, but you basically use code similar to what I used in revival 2 when I coded in the training mode. There's probably a better method out there but this is the method I found and did. I would be more specific in code, but I'm not on my computer and I wnt back to college to focus on my studies more. So you can see how I did the training mode in revival 2 (located in main.lua) or wait for me to eventually have time and better explain it ocer5 discord or something.
#170  August 22, 2017, 11:01:39 am
I dont know why you would use ikemen for just 1p vs com at the start

I'll try to explain the basic logic.

Quick Versus (running Mugen for single-fight only) in its default form works both on Mugen 1.0 and 1.1.
Tools like Mugen Story Mode (third-party applications) took advantage of this functionality for launching fights in a fashion they saw fit (required parameters are sent in through command line, and postfight parameters are sent out through a log).

But as you can see in comments here, while this application used to work with Mugen 1.0, it fails to do so with 1.1. The reason: postfight logs (something Elecbyte does not consider to be the part of Quick Versus options) are no longer working on Mugen 1.1, no info gets out, and there is no way for a third-party app to determine the winner. The syntax is still mentioned in "-h" (help), but attempting to use "-log <logname>" on 1.1 will cause engine to search for character named "logname" instead.

It is also a common knowledge that Mugen 1.0, while supporting the postfight logs, does not support zoom. If Ikemen (which has zoom) also supported whole aforementioned functionality, it would become a good solution. But yeah, for this we would need some examples which show that we can send stuff in and out of Ikemen without having to manually navigate to anything in-engine.
Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 11:06:59 am by Black Shroud
#171  August 22, 2017, 12:20:48 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Oh, so you want to use those programs with ikemen as well. Honestly, I never used those so Idk if they work (but I know its possible if you code it in yourself).
#172  August 22, 2017, 01:26:18 pm
Well, that program was an example, a new one of that kind can be always created in case of incompatibility.
Here is other example of using Quick Versus:

Everything aside of fight itself was coded in a separate app (not Mugen Story Mode, just a new one created by game's author). But as you can see, there is no zoom (since Mugen 1.0 is used), and creator still wanted to show whole stage at once, this resulted in characters being somewhat tiny by comparison.

Suppose another kind of similar software is created for launching standalone fights in Ikemen, for that we need a way for it to inform Ikemen about which characters and stages should be loaded, and that we are launching Ikemen.exe in sort of special mode. Sending parameters through command line like Mugen 1.0  is just one of ways it could be done - we could also use an extra file Ikemen would check before the launch for any extra parameters. The information that the window should be closed after such fights needs also to be delivered somehow - and last required thing is a way for Ikemen to inform third-party application about fight's outcome (again, a post-fight log seems to be the best idea).

So a communication between two applications in a most simple way would be:
1)Application writes some lines/variables into file and launches Ikemen.exe
2)Ikemen reads these lines/variables from file and gets affected by them (if there's nothing of the sort in that file, starts as usual)
3)Ikemen skips menus and goes directly to the fight (special behavior based on variables)
4)Ikemen at some point writes some lines/variables on its own (but into a different file), and closes own window
5)Application monitors this file and once required stuff is written to it, reads it and gets affected by it

I suppose this is easier than teaching Ikemen how to react to command line parameters?

And if done, this would save much time for everyone since you could just "outsource" the arcade mode and all extra menus to the app of your liking you yourself would create, Ikemen would only be used to launch separate fights, and for netplay. Bringing extra variables/instructions from outside into Ikemen's own environment (for launching these fights) would also be much more comprehensive than Mugen's limited amount of command line parameters. For example, if you'd like a practice mode fight, you would launch a standalone fight while also setting some variable which would inform Ikemen of that, and based on that variable you would be able to code different rules of behavior which would match Practice mode.
Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 01:39:00 pm by Black Shroud
#173  September 03, 2017, 11:41:02 am
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
Can IKEMEN handle 32-bit support? on characters and screenpacks?
#174  September 03, 2017, 02:24:35 pm
    • Puerto Rico

Sadly no. But someone did say that one of the older builds (I don't remember which) did give it a shot but had some trouble with transparency.
#175  September 04, 2017, 07:50:05 am
  • RISSSSSSIIIIINNNNGGGGG TACO!!!
    • USA

@Demitri: Yo Gen! Ikemen SP can handle 32bit to a degree, I coded a menu and part of a select screen in 32bit, the only issues I would get was with Fighters factory when working with Ikemen. My SFF would get corrupted and I'd lose all the work. This doesn't occur in mugen at all, or atlest it hasn't, only Ikemen for some weird reason on multiple occasions. 

I was working on this for Rei a while back but like I mentioned above it kept on taking a shit on me. Ignore the fonts I was removing stuff from his build as I progresses, and yes I even tried a new SFF just in case the one I was using was corrupted to begin with.
#176  September 04, 2017, 03:05:32 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Oh shit. Well then... Let me semi-retract my statement... Mind telling me which version of IKEMEN is that? The best way to tell is to go into the ikemen.txt file and scroll all the way down till you see some dates. Then find the most recent looking date on that list. Thanks if you can find some time to do that.
#177  September 04, 2017, 03:14:45 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
I'm also interested
#178  September 05, 2017, 12:55:39 am
    • USA
I used Ikemen 2017/05. If there is new versions I have yet to test them out, might look at see if new ones are out. Also the fact that I got the menu and part of the select screen doesn't been it's gonna be able to handle it fully. But it's worth a shot. I have made more progress but one: I'm still noobish at Ikemen coding and two: The SFF getting corrupted.
#179  September 05, 2017, 01:32:36 am
    • Puerto Rico
Oh shit, that is the latest version (for now) of the engine... Welp, time to mess around with it when I can. Thanks in advanced : )
#180  September 05, 2017, 01:54:25 am
    • USA