YesNoOk

Maleficent From Disney released (Read 8960 times)

Started by CAMARAO, January 30, 2018, 03:31:29 am
Share this topic:
Maleficent From Disney released
#1  January 30, 2018, 03:31:29 am
    • Portugal
    • http://flyper1989.weebly.com
Maleficent From Disney released

DOWNLOAD
Re: Maleficent From Disney released
#2  January 30, 2018, 04:44:27 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Just tried her for a bit and I have to say, the sprites and the gameplay are great. Here's my feedback on her:

-Most of the portraits have incorrect group and index numbers. Lifebar portrait should be (9000,0) and any regular size portrait should use (9000,1) and (9000,2). Any special ones can use any number as long as it's the ones I didn't mention.
-Some special moves have no variation of weak, medium, and heavy attacks.
-Thunder and Sleep spell has no block fx.
-The Zs when Maleficent uses sleep spell on the right side is reversed.
-Sleep spell can be spammed constantly if it hits (Can be abused and win matches easily though time overs).
-The sounds on the Meteors exploding don't play when they hit.
-Death Curse (Spinning Wheel) should be a level 3 super move since it can instant kill if it successfully hits.
-The commands for Dragon Transformation on the movelist is wrong (It's B,DB,B, c+z, not B,D,B, a+b).
-Just a suggestion, but you should have a command to transform back using level 3 after using Dragon Transformation.

That's all for now. Thanks for the release.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#3  January 30, 2018, 07:25:14 pm
    • Portugal
Just tried her for a bit and I have to say, the sprites and the gameplay are great. Here's my feedback on her:

-Most of the portraits have incorrect group and index numbers. Lifebar portrait should be (9000,0) and any regular size portrait should use (9000,1) and (9000,2). Any special ones can use any number as long as it's the ones I didn't mention.
-Some special moves have no variation of weak, medium, and heavy attacks.
-Thunder and Sleep spell has no block fx.
-The Zs when Maleficent uses sleep spell on the right side is reversed.
-Sleep spell can be spammed constantly if it hits (Can be abused and win matches easily though time overs).
-The sounds on the Meteors exploding don't play when they hit.
-Death Curse (Spinning Wheel) should be a level 3 super move since it can instant kill if it successfully hits.
-The commands for Dragon Transformation on the movelist is wrong (It's B,DB,B, c+z, not B,D,B, a+b).
-Just a suggestion, but you should have a command to transform back using level 3 after using Dragon Transformation.

That's all for now. Thanks for the release.

Thanks for the feedback:)

-portaits - fix it
-Thunder and sleel spell block fx - fix it
-The sounds on the Meteors exploding don't play when they hit.- FIX IT
- Death Curse level 3 FIX it
#4  January 30, 2018, 10:30:30 pm
  • Lone Wolf
    • Argentina
This is really good! MUGEN needs more well made Disney characters.
also i gave the character some victory quotes, feel free to add them in an update:

[Quotes]
victory1 = "A forest of thorns shall be your tomb!"
victory2 = "Now, you shall deal with ME, and all the powers of HELL!"
victory3 = "You poor, simple fools. Thinking you could defeat me, the mistress of all evil!"
victory4 = "Fools! Idiots! Imbeciles!"
victory5 = "HA HA HA HA!"

you can also give the character some specific win quotes, im not sure how to do it
but these guys do: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/character-specific-win-quotes-165329.0.html
and to get yourself started:

"Oh, you're hopeless. A disgrace to the forces of evil."
(Evil Characters)
"What a sad attempt to prove that love conquers all.."
(Princes'/Princesses)
"The Keyblade has chosen you. Will you conquers the darkness? Or will the darkness swallow you? appearantly, its the later." (Sora from Kingdom Hearts)

"What do you see in me? a man or a beast?"
#5  January 30, 2018, 10:46:38 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Her grab causes the opponent to float in the air.
#6  January 31, 2018, 11:19:11 pm
    • USA
Okay, I'm just gonna be upfront about a few things. I realize she's meant to be a boss type. (Or I hope she's meant to be one.) But, some of the things she has are just broken.

Being able to summon minions is already pretty broken. Considering she already has projectile spam. But, she can summon 4... or I swear, I think the AI can summon 6 of them in a short amount of time. Which combined with her already ludicrous projectile game. Makes winning at that point a complete crapshoot. Unless you have a super that can hit her, AND all the minions.

You're going to have a tough time even moving once she's completely covered the floor with mooks. Also, when you play as her. She can infinite the opponent with standing light punch while a minion is behind the foe. She can also infinite them with the lighting that goes forward thanks to her minions.... Honestly, I feel this part should either be limited. Or just removed. On top of all of this, the minions mess with the camera, and your block positioning.

Diablo being able to combo break for her also seems rather silly. Since a lot of characters don't have a good way to deal with him.

The Dragon form... hoo boy. First off, the collisions on it are weird. No collisions on the feet. The fire breath being able to sometimes hit you. Even though you were nowhere near the flames. And the fact she fully heals when using this move.... Even for a boss type, that's a bit broken.

Her flaming teleport makes a pretty crazy way for her to escape block strings. Since the hitbox seems to come out almost instantly.

Her hitboxes... I feel you need to go back and fix a majority of them. In most cases, a character only needs 2 blue collisions. She more often than not has 3, some of which are pointless. Her heavy standing and crouching punches, and her crouching heavy kick make her completely invincible, with no blue collision. She also has infinite priority on a lot of her moves... although, for a boss, that's less of an issue. But it still makes no sense with the claw based moves.

She pretty often gets stuck in the air. I'm not sure what causes this. But when I fought her AI. Sometimes she'd jump. Then just... stand on the air. And start doing her standing moves in the air.

Overall.... While there's potential here. I think you need to refine her more. At the moment, she's very buggy. And has some serious issues that need addressing.
#7  January 31, 2018, 11:33:04 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
This is really good! MUGEN needs more well made Disney characters.
also i gave the character some victory quotes, feel free to add them in an update:

[Quotes]
victory1 = "A forest of thorns shall be your tomb!"
victory2 = "Now, you shall deal with ME, and all the powers of HELL!"
victory3 = "You poor, simple fools. Thinking you could defeat me, the mistress of all evil!"
victory4 = "Fools! Idiots! Imbeciles!"
victory5 = "HA HA HA HA!"

you can also give the character some specific win quotes, im not sure how to do it
but these guys do: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/character-specific-win-quotes-165329.0.html
and to get yourself started:

"Oh, you're hopeless. A disgrace to the forces of evil."
(Evil Characters)
"What a sad attempt to prove that love conquers all.."
(Princes'/Princesses)
"The Keyblade has chosen you. Will you conquers the darkness? Or will the darkness swallow you? appearantly, its the later." (Sora from Kingdom Hearts)

here are the victory quotes i want you to add:

What a massive disappointment.
How sad. You're already bested?
Hmph. You're distressed. Very good.
Hahahahahahahahaha! Oh dear, what an awful situation for you!
Now, allow me to bestow a gift upon you...Now live with the inevitability that one of these days, you will DIE, and there is NOTHING you can do to stop it!
Beg for mercy! Tremble and grovel at my feet and plead to your heart's content!
#8  February 01, 2018, 02:34:20 pm
    • Portugal
Quotes Added
AI summon minions ( FIX IT)t ( limit 4)
fire breath being able to sometimes hit you. Even though you were nowhere near the flames. ( FIX IT)

DOWNLOAD
#9  February 07, 2018, 11:56:14 am
    • Italy
A victory quote can be decided in state 180, i don't have time to try it out now.
As far as i know it is possible to decide the victory pose and the quote in state 5900 too, but i don't have the time to try it right now, and anyway i don't see any advantage in putting the paragraph there instead of state 180.

If i remember correctly it goes like this.

[State 180, specific victory quote] ;when she wins over "Savonarola" she makes a pun.
type = victoryquote
trigger1 = p2name = "Savonarola"
value = 99 ; "You have no wings, i must cut something else from you."

I still don't know how to prevent a character from using a quote designated for specific opponents toward other characters, where said quote won't make sense.

If i may suggest an elaborate baddy quote: "Justice you wanted, and justice you had."
#10  February 08, 2018, 06:05:53 pm
    • USA
I feel like some of my feedback sort of fell into the wayside.... So, I'd like to elaborate on some of the things I mentioned.

Like I mentioned, her hit boxes are odd. And in a future version, should have a reworking.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Next, as I said earlier, the minions are WAY too powerful. Combined with the fact they're counted as "player" type helpers. Anyone fighting Maleficent, and there are minions out on the field. Your character will likely face them. Leaving the player in weird block situations. Now, for a boss character, it's fine to have something broken.... But I feel like this is pushing it.

https://youtu.be/H5LKq3LlsXw?t=30

As you can see, the minions often time put you into an infinite block-string when combined with Maleficent's attacks, not to mention her AI still summons more than 4 sometimes. The video also showcases the AI glitch I mentioned, where she jumps in the air, then stands in it.

Finally, one thing I missed in my previous post.... Her projectiles don't count as projectiles. So things like projectile immune moves. Or reflectors don't work on her at all.

Anyway, I hope this feedback is taken into consideration. I see a lot of potential in Maleficent as a boss character. I just think these flaws hold her back some.
#11  February 10, 2018, 02:11:29 am
    • Portugal
I feel like some of my feedback sort of fell into the wayside.... So, I'd like to elaborate on some of the things I mentioned.

Like I mentioned, her hit boxes are odd. And in a future version, should have a reworking.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Next, as I said earlier, the minions are WAY too powerful. Combined with the fact they're counted as "player" type helpers. Anyone fighting Maleficent, and there are minions out on the field. Your character will likely face them. Leaving the player in weird block situations. Now, for a boss character, it's fine to have something broken.... But I feel like this is pushing it.

https://youtu.be/H5LKq3LlsXw?t=30

As you can see, the minions often time put you into an infinite block-string when combined with Maleficent's attacks, not to mention her AI still summons more than 4 sometimes. The video also showcases the AI glitch I mentioned, where she jumps in the air, then stands in it.

Finally, one thing I missed in my previous post.... Her projectiles don't count as projectiles. So things like projectile immune moves. Or reflectors don't work on her at all.

Anyway, I hope this feedback is taken into consideration. I see a lot of potential in Maleficent as a boss character. I just think these flaws hold her back some.

I think I fix the problem of jump and stands in it!!

DOWNLOAD
#12  February 10, 2018, 02:17:28 am
  • Literally the goddamned fun police.
    • Canada
There's, uh, also everything else he mentioned. That needs to be fixed too.
#13  February 10, 2018, 02:20:50 am
    • Portugal