YesNoOk

Close the Public Staff section (Read 7093 times)

Started by momo!, August 02, 2011, 05:12:58 am
Share this topic:
Re: Close the Public Staff section
#81  August 03, 2011, 01:22:16 am
Actually, it's time you wasted.

Yes, but you and a few others were posting here too.
Not trolling but you were the only one to bring a counter argument  that made sense and cleared things up.

@ Oxe, I can avoid being trapped be not replying to every post.
#82  August 03, 2011, 01:22:32 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
#83  August 03, 2011, 01:25:43 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
Shut up Cybaster, I've talked to 5 French people so I have your country all figured out.
#84  August 03, 2011, 01:29:00 am
    • France
Byakko, IronMugen, Cybaster, OrochiKOF97 and Vyx. ::)
#85  August 03, 2011, 01:30:26 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Cheese-eating surrender monkeys.
#86  August 03, 2011, 01:34:24 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Oh riptide, I had already told you this when we were doing the whole pm thing...

you are again talking about your old forum as if its some example of the guild and whatever. have you ever thought that perhaps you have formatted yourself to search for the same thing everywhere? thats not good, thats actually irritating.

You talk as if somehow you know more than everyone here, that have as well been in foruns for decades, that you somehow, are seeing the only truth possible,

(  .  .  .   )
We dont work that way. and you continuously bringing up those experiences( and acting on them )  just make you stand out more and more as someone that isnt good at relating to people. Is rajaa upset there? Yeah he is, but you gave him the buildup for the reaction, you had that coming.  If you think you are getting banned over that, you are mistaken, thats not how things work, but you basically have changed neighbourhood to a new town and keep talking about your old town while pointing paranoically at everyone and accusing them of being like X and Y of your old town, and eventually your neighbours will think you are a loonie if you keep that up.

#87  August 03, 2011, 01:38:57 am
#88  August 03, 2011, 01:42:19 am
    • USA
I like this thread, almost every single person I expected to fail on it failed hard so far (Yeah, that includes Volzilla, I knew he was going to come here :P). The only one left in my list is StormEX but he didn't post here yet :gonk:
#89  August 03, 2011, 01:44:34 am
    • France
I know 3 Norwegian people : 2 of them are fat tall alcoholic girls (but they're still very cool), one of them killed 80 people a few days ago.
I can conclude :
- All Norwegian women are fat, alcoholic, tall yet nice.
- All Norwegian men play WoW and kill kids during daytime.

I'm a Professional Riptistician now : I can do statistic à la Riptide and infer general knowledge from the observation of 1 to 5 samples.
#90  August 03, 2011, 01:48:24 am
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
I think Riptide isn't trying to be judgemental as to how things should work here. She's just used to a specific set of manners and rules, and can't still understand how things are in this place (and how it keeps together). Maybe I'm wrong, but I think she's just asking for an explanation, not an overall forum behaviour change.
Current release: SF vs MK, fully interactive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bM9DpmVXOA
#91  August 03, 2011, 01:59:39 am
I think Riptide isn't trying to be judgemental as to how things should work here. She's just used to a specific set of manners and rules, and can't still understand how things are in this place (and how it keeps together). Maybe I'm wrong, but I think she's just asking for an explanation, not an overall forum behaviour change.

I'm not even looking for an understanding. I can see clearly how it functions and I'm going to leave it that that.
but you are right I'm saying it doesn't follow the rules I've seen before. True there are other places that also are different but I have some idea how they deviated from the norm.
You say that 5 forums isn't enough fine that might be true, but five item isn't always too little to make a generalization.

@ Cybaster you should know more about you norwegian friends than that  :P
#92  August 03, 2011, 02:18:12 am
    • USA
Do you realize that we're talking about forums right? 5 is really a very very very small number in this case.
#93  August 03, 2011, 02:32:36 am
    • Germany
Well 5 forums is a number where you can start making assumptions from experience. Everyone does. The word 'statistics' is just completely misplaced here..
#94  August 03, 2011, 02:33:11 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
WHY! should it follow the rules you've seen before. This forum is not those forums.

We are different. That's it. If you went to japan would you expect the whole country to speak english because that was your experience visiting US, England Australia and NZ?

Argh.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#95  August 03, 2011, 03:10:48 am
    • Thailand
I like this thread, almost every single person I expected to fail on it failed hard so far (Yeah, that includes Volzilla, I knew he was going to come here :P). The only one left in my list is StormEX but he didn't post here yet :gonk:

StormEX wouldn't fail in this department.
#96  August 03, 2011, 03:14:31 am
    • USA

I forgot. I'm also waiting for Toshio to come here with his usual "let's not go off topic" comment.

God what a boring man! He's literally a square >:(

:llama:

OZ

#97  August 03, 2011, 06:18:49 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
The public staff section is nothing but condescending trolling on the part of the people who post there.
:bow:

How does it feel to know there's a party but you're not invited?

I really don't get it. The staff here is very reasonable, very open to talk to, almost completely transparent with their actions, very lenient when it comes to banning, and yet people STILL try to stereotype this staff with the old "evil and power hungry" stereotype that comes with moderating a forum.

Embrace the inner devil and fill those big evil shoes that have been left for you.
ಠ_ಠ
#98  August 03, 2011, 06:43:33 am
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
I don't think its a good idea to close the public staff section.

That section exists to show how transparent the staff are about make decisions, about people complains, power abuse and etc.

Believe me: its way better to see staff talking about the problems and to see what each one is talking, rather then to have a private area, because many people likes to play the to faces rule- they support you, but stab your back at the private area. (I'm not saying that someone here at Guild makes this, I am using another forum as an example)

At the end, I think Guild's mods & admins are making a good work with that. Every single issue I had, they supported me and answered my questions promptly.
#99  August 03, 2011, 03:24:52 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
I think threads like these are perfect evidence that the staff here is pretty lenient.

Because they have every right to close this pointless discussion that doesn't get anywhere, yet they don't. They still want to discuss it and explain the reasons behind it to you guys, even though it's probably not going to get through your thick skulls.
#100  August 03, 2011, 03:38:48 pm
    • Thailand
The only thing that I've seen so far is people feeling mocked. The truth is like Titiln said, "[If you're making stupid posts, then you're going to get ridiculed regardless of us talking about you in the Warnings thread.]"

We're not scoundrels because we're staff, we don't control people's thoughts. If we think you're doing something stupid, other people probably share the same thoughts. A title doesn't make us nonhuman, as some people seem to think.