YesNoOk

C-G-U's Palettes (Read 240230 times)

Started by XANDERAC, February 14, 2011, 11:38:55 pm
Share this topic:
Re: C-G-U's Palettes, now taking requests/suggestions.
#21  February 24, 2011, 07:19:19 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
I tested them out briefly, they shouldn't give you any trouble I hope, glad you like them. The Anime form turned out strange since I had to pretty much pick my own colours for that one, I tried sampling some, but they all came out tremendously dark, Rolento was looking either too tanned, or just black lol. I think I'm personally happy with the SFIV, Udon and Final Fight styles the most myself. I know the Revolution one has some unwanted outlining due to me having picked some shades of grey that should've been left out, either way glad you like them :p

Now onto Holy Ken....which looks to be a pain, since he's one of those characters that has the entire grid filled with unused colours, but I'll see what I can do haha.

Also
I'm starting to do that with my palettes as well as you may have saw from my Dan palettes along with the SSFIV Arcade Edition Shoto ones, so if you ever want any for any specific character let me know.

Thanks for the heads up, I certainly appreciate the assistance if I ever need it :)
Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 07:27:48 am by ChocolateGiddyUp
#22  February 24, 2011, 07:34:30 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
I love the FF one :)
These are quite the palettes you have my good man
#23  February 24, 2011, 07:38:39 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
Thanks, I might redo some of the earlier ones for other authors' I know that as far as an SFA ryu, there is also Adamskies (won't be doing them for MvC style unless asked though) and I may do the SFIV palettes for both Guy and Ryu for Pots' versions' as well, though I know his Ryu at least doesn't need the SF1.

MDD

#24  February 24, 2011, 07:46:35 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
Datkflare released a whole patch for POTS' Ryu which has a SFIV SND and all twelve of his palettes from SSFIV, including the save file ones. But hey, you should give it a shot anyways.
#25  February 24, 2011, 07:50:08 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
Nah, I could do Guy's at least, I know he had some that are similar even with his current version, personally I don't use Pots' characters myself unless I have to, like with Nakoruru, as there isn't a properly converted CVS2 version. I generally use regular Alpha/3 versions if they exist, and as far as CVS2 characters, I tend to use mostly Warusaki and H's work, I'd only be doing the stuff for Pots' for the hell of it if I did, lol. May just do adamskies then, possibly, I kinda wish I knew how to properly separate N64's EVIL ryu form from his standard, I tried going through all the palno >/< than crap, but all I ended up with was, regular ryu, with evil ryu's intro after changing everything in every file. I don't think there exists any other SFA2/3 Evil Ryu, besides Mattasaurs, which has a lot of weird MVC moves, otherwise I'd have done palettes for Evil Ryu too.

@GodofCosmic, I apologize but it's fairly late here, I started some work on your request, but I'm not happy with it, I'll scrap it and try again in the morning, but I assure you I will try and finish it.
++
After having tested him, seems like he will require more work than I had initially thought lol. He's one of those characters that has some shared colours and some that aren't so the sprite I started with, so, though you'll have to wait a tad more than I had planned, I'd rather assure you a properly working palette.
Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 12:59:57 am by ChocolateGiddyUp
#26  February 25, 2011, 03:44:31 am
  • I bet you didn't know I sprite too
Your choice of colors are nice and striking but I have one criticism...... your contrast looks too high
on your Ryu palettes for example, his brightest color on his GI and the colors after it should slowly change as you go down for a smooth official game look.

but I could be full of shit and it's my computer monitor just not displaying properly, everything looks kinds weird on it and I haven't been able to fix it, another reason why I haven't be pumping palettes out lately.... I can't tell if they are any good or not.

Keep up the good work, practice makes perfect! it won't be long before you are flooded with requests.  ;P
Palettes that will pucker your butthole: http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=118816.0
#27  February 25, 2011, 06:27:17 am
  • Cthulhu fhtagn !
Digging Ken's and Guy's palettes, nicely done.  :)

I'd like to see your take on Fido's Gen or (to a lesser degree) Juke's Rose.
#28  February 25, 2011, 07:30:46 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
@Mictlantecuhtli
I do have Gen and Rose so I may give them a shot after doing this holy ken palette, which I didn't get to work on today, but I know it'll be tedious anyhow, and I'll have to do it after work tomorrow haha.

@Cyclysm
I welcome the criticism, only helps me improve from where I'm starting atm anyhow. I know some of the Ryu palettes could use touch-ups, which is actually why I redid the original one to begin with actually lol, however the rest I left as they were, I know they need to be a bit more gradient. I was using both Rei's SFIV sample, and the official colours via eventhubs to use as references, the main issue is in the palettes themselves in some cases though, alpha palettes are a fair bit more limited, some turned out better than the rest, and overall I think that the corrections are more visible on the Guy and Ken palettes, since the Ryu SFIV palettes were actually my first crack at this. I appreciate your feedback, and considering the fact that I'll more than likely also be doing all of those palettes for Adamskies' Ryu as well, I'll keep them in mind when redoing those. I know one main issue I had with the SFIV 2-11 palettes were actually in the shading during animations to, I fixed it in the first since, I redid it again from scratch, but I think when crouching some of the shading becomes more dominant than with colour 1.

Lol, well as far as requests, so far my views are high, but the feedback has been minimal, I don't find it too hard as long as I can find the time when I'm not working, and I was off almost this whole week. Besides, if it also incorporates Street Fighter characters, it's a bonus since I'll be making those anyhow for myself later on. I like how my palettes for Rolento turned out for Warusaki's so now I'll have to go back and redo those for my Alpha version later....kills 2 birds with one stone really. It also keeps me busy with this, so I can get the most practise I can. Thanks again Cyclysm, like I said, you were in part the inspiration for me having started this (among other things as well).
#29  February 26, 2011, 02:47:43 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
Can i request some palettes for Ruckus by Sean Altly?...even though I pretty much already did here but asked so that way i sound polite...r
#30  February 26, 2011, 06:18:39 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
Did you now? Must've missed it, sorry! I'll try tomorrow I work in the morning but afterwards my weekends' free, I'll also need the character as I don't have them, which I imagine is easy to find.
#31  February 26, 2011, 06:25:14 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
#32  March 02, 2011, 12:20:45 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
So I apologize for the late reply, it wasn't intentional, but I've been busy with work...and just recovering from work lol. I work at Home Depot myself (so boring!) and they had this toilet sale, and well though they're 2 person lifts, between myself and 3 other guys we were loading them normally just by ourselves. Thing that sucked was that towards the end of the day there was an order for 50, we loaded them onto carts, when the people came to pick them up we had to put them on skids....and this was all during the last 2 hours of that day lol. I was in pain for following 2-3 days after, nothing severe, but I felt a lot of the strain shortly after...

ANYHOW, due to the fact that I haven't touched any of these palettes since the last reply I had, I haven't worked on any until now. Due to the fact that Holy Ken is the most tedious of all my requests at this time, he will also be my last priority of all my current requests, since I have to actually go back and keep checking all the sprites as the palettes is applied in Fighter Factory Ultimate/or in mugen itself.

NOW, due to my last request, I did finish those, however due to the fact that he's an original character, to be honest I was drawing a blank in terms of ideas lol

Palettes are; DIO (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, King (Tekken 3), SFIV-ish, Krauser (Fatal Fury/King of Fighters), Magaki-ish (KOF XI), Rugal (King of Fighters)

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

DOWNLOAD HERE

I actually didn't personally like the outcome of my Magaki or SFIV styled ones, and debated whether to add them or not, but whatever, the more the merrier, though the Magaki one does look the strangest by far, since I coloured the shirt the same colour as his skin  ::)

Edit: Added more a few comments further/next page.
Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 08:11:37 am by ChocolateGiddyUp
#33  March 02, 2011, 12:33:14 am
  • The cycle of life and death continues
if it's to difficult you can drop ken
Titiln said:
you need to be yourself. and by yourself i mean you need to be me. study my post history and implement it into your life. suddenly girls will want to have sex with you. thank me later and post your success stories here

MDD

#34  March 02, 2011, 12:36:54 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
I know what you were going for, but the black outline on the Dio one looks bad. Last on skin of the Krauser one needs more contrast.

The Magaki one looks good. Why get rid of it?
#35  March 02, 2011, 12:38:05 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
@GodofCosmic

Is there perhaps something else you'd like to request? I can give Ken another shot, but I know it'll be a fair bit longer than usual, since it requires some trial and error, and a fair bit of animation checks, since the colours swap a fair bit for his palette, from what I noticed.

@MalaDingDong,
The Dio one was a spur of the moment thing, and from looking at his sprite I thought it would only be appropriate to have that included too, I dunno, it was hard to think of something suitable...and since I know nothing of this character, it just made selecting the styles harder, unlike some of my Capcom sprites which are based off various appearances in other games. I still have to give them another run in mugen, I changed the krauser one a fair bit until the final one you see now, but I guess I can always go back and double check. Either way I have no intention of keeping this character for myself, not because I don't like him....I just don't really want him for anything atm lol.
Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 12:41:32 am by ChocolateGiddyUp
#36  March 02, 2011, 12:45:54 am
  • The cycle of life and death continues
can you do cvsyoko by Warusaki3?
Titiln said:
you need to be yourself. and by yourself i mean you need to be me. study my post history and implement it into your life. suddenly girls will want to have sex with you. thank me later and post your success stories here
#37  March 02, 2011, 12:49:25 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
Sure, I'll try and do it later today if I can, if not tomorrow after work :P
#38  March 02, 2011, 12:51:45 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
would you suggest doing palettes for cvsterry by warusaki3?
#39  March 02, 2011, 02:56:41 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
I'll give it a shot, after Fido's Gen, Juke's Rose, Waru's Yoko, and then I'll try and do some for Terry :)
#40  March 02, 2011, 03:54:53 am
  • I love Capcom!
do you take requests? i was thinking is you can do some pallets of Zero.

By theclone45 at 2011-03-01

By null at 2011-01-02