YesNoOk

Panty updated (3/12/2018) (Read 72083 times)

Started by シム (Shim), March 13, 2018, 08:51:17 am
Share this topic:
Panty updated (3/12/2018)
#1  March 13, 2018, 08:51:17 am
  • Sunrise Shimmy
    • Mexico
    • Skype - Shimmering Brony
    • sites.google.com/view/shim-m-u-g-e-n/home
So yeah, now I released yet another update. Its Panty, y'know, that one angel-lewd-addictive who turns her pantsu into her trademark gun.

Oh and by the way, this is a birthday release, its my 19th birthday.

Screenshots:

Update log:
1. Made many sprite fixes.
2. Made some animations less-rigid.
3. Backward jump animation has been given proper sprites.
4. Improved red and blue boxes on FLY AWAY projectile.
5. Wall jump feature implemented
6. Rolling Stone Special implemented.
7. Cosmo's Pole has been re-worked so it is an Overhead Special.
8. Made her common movements (like running, jumping and super jumping) a bit more faster.
9. Added Falling Angel Air Throw.
10. Added on the Options.txt file a switch to disable or enable the intro against certain male characters.
11. Added Minigun Hyper.
12. Added more voice clips.
13. Added EX Specials, ''ZMG (9mm)'', Rapid Fire and Rapid Fire (Anti-air).
14. Corrected Getpower parameters.
15. Corrected airguard.velocity parameters.
16. Corrected some bugs.
17. 'Bird' Taunt has been given its own directional command, and... has been turned into a 'joke' normal.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ifrte4fdedkceqi/Panty_SB.rar

And of course, any feedback is welcome.
Nep-Nep-Nep! Nep-Nep-Nep-Nep-Nep-Neeeeep!

Support me on PayPal!
Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 09:02:36 am by Shimmering Brony
Re: Panty updated (3/12/2018)
#2  March 13, 2018, 10:18:14 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA

Ok, I found a weird bug that happens against Applejack by Moku. A clone of Panty appears after any her intros is done playing. The clone doesn't appear if the intro was skipped. For some reason, it doesn't happen with any other characters except Moku's Applejack. Do you have any idea what's causing that?

Anyway, thanks for the update. I like her movements and animations are much better than her last update. Although, I'm kinda disappointed that you changed the Bangin' Up hyper as I found that hilarious, but it makes sense as you can do the move on girl characters and that's out of character for Panty. Also, the command to do on her readme it is wrong as it's Double Backlace's command, which I also can't perform either.

And happy birthday by the way.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 10:37:17 am by SolidZone 26
#3  March 13, 2018, 11:46:32 am
  • Sunrise Shimmy
    • Mexico
Oh whoopsie, I haven't tested that intro while updating... And besides, it only happens with Applejack because Panty is supposed to have a dialogue intro against Applejack... fandom-based.

By the way... The reasons why I decided to turn Bangin' Up into a sane, and safe hyper, was because, cringe, some people didn't liked it, and what if people think that I make... NSFW stuff, and also, I didn't feel like keeping the character NSFW, as I don't really think I should be making anymore NSFW stuff.

Support me on PayPal!
Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 12:01:25 pm by Shimmering Brony
#4  March 13, 2018, 12:25:09 pm
  • Sunrise Shimmy
    • Mexico
Okay guys, I kinda updated the character by fixing the two errors SolidZone 26 pointed out. Excuse me if you guys have to re-download the character by the way.

Support me on PayPal!
#5  March 13, 2018, 12:45:24 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
So that explains why certain animations on her are removed from the air file. But how exactly can you make a character who uses her panties as a weapon and enjoys having sex with men not NSFW? That backstory alone is already NSFW as is. I don't get how people wouldn't cringe to that. Honestly, I don't mind it. If you were making NSFW stuff, I'm pretty sure this would be the only one as this speaks Panty's character. It's not like the other characters you made have NSFW material anyway. I have a suggestion, you could make an alternate air and Hyper cns files that changes the Bangin' Up hyper to that one. If people don't want that, then they could just use the safe option as default. If they don't like it, that's their problem.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#6  March 13, 2018, 03:24:13 pm
    • USA
God damn, this update is amazing! Next creation, you're next!
#7  March 13, 2018, 04:03:21 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
So that explains why certain animations on her are removed from the air file. But how exactly can you make a character who uses her panties as a weapon and enjoys having sex with men not NSFW? That backstory alone is already NSFW as is. I don't get how people wouldn't cringe to that. Honestly, I don't mind it. If you were making NSFW stuff, I'm pretty sure this would be the only one as this speaks Panty's character. It's not like the other characters you made have NSFW material anyway. I have a suggestion, you could make an alternate air and Hyper cns files that changes the Bangin' Up hyper to that one. If people don't want that, then they could just use the safe option as default. If they don't like it, that's their problem.

This. You can even pull a MK3 and black out the screen in a comedic fashion. She's going to be NSFW regardless, there are many solutions to this.
#8  March 24, 2018, 01:47:32 am
    • USA
Since any feedback is welcome, I'm going to chime in as another person who does not care for the changes.  In fact, as someone who had waited a long time for PSG characters in MUGEN, and thought the older version nailed it better than I had imagined--and I know some other people who feel the same way--this is downright disheartening.  From what footage I've seen, she doesn't even swear anymore--sad.  I'm not here to call you wrong for not wanting to make NSFW characters anymore--after all, when some fans don't like it when it's NSFW and others don't like it when it's SFW, that's a call you'll have to make yourself--but if that's how you want it I'm boggled as to why you'd want to keep making Panty at all

Frankly, she's not the equivalent of characters like Deadpool or Peter Griffin, whose series are generally for mature audiences but who do have other humorous aspects to their personalities besides NSFW ones.  Panty is horny and she's foul-mouthed; she has a few more character traits but those are her only comedic traits.  Being able to turn underwear into guns is part of her character, but it's not really comedic, and since fighting game characters regularly pull weapons seemingly out of nowhere, the magical part isn't even apparent in a MUGEN character.  Sure; the characters were showing a bit more depth towards the ends of the series and they might have continued to do so if it lasted longer, but it didn't so they didn't.  If you don't want to do NSFW jokes, Panty is not your character.  If the audience you're wanting to please is not a fan of such jokes, then they probably don't like this series, anyway, so why make anything at all from it?

Admittedly, part of the problem here is that when there was objectionable stuff you just seemed to throw in more guns to replace it; you could make safe-for-work version a bit better by replacing NSFW jokes with other kinds of jokes instead, which weren't in the series but seem right for its tone, but all of that is speculative.  The bottom line is, you can make an accurate Panty, you can make a funny Panty, you can make a safe-for-work Panty.  But you cannot make an accurate, funny, and safe-for-work Panty.

My opinion is you should just move on to making characters you can make without compromising their identity over concerns about family-friendliness; there are plenty such characters.  In fact, you might actually be able to make an accurate Stocking without going NSFW, since her big obsession with sweets isn't NSFW.  She also seems to be more of a conventionally competent martial artist, so you could get a lot of potential for moves of that sort.  Of course, though, this ties in to how Stocking was generally the straight-laced, unfunny foil to Panty, so maybe that's a bit double-edged.
#9  March 24, 2018, 05:27:15 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
So is the version prior to this one now lost forever?
#10  March 27, 2018, 06:42:32 am
    • Austria
Not Necessary. Some People like me have the Prior Version of Panty
#11  March 27, 2018, 09:50:04 am
  • Sunrise Shimmy
    • Mexico
Since any feedback is welcome, I'm going to chime in as another person who does not care for the changes.  In fact, as someone who had waited a long time for PSG characters in MUGEN, and thought the older version nailed it better than I had imagined--and I know some other people who feel the same way--this is downright disheartening.  From what footage I've seen, she doesn't even swear anymore--sad.  I'm not here to call you wrong for not wanting to make NSFW characters anymore--after all, when some fans don't like it when it's NSFW and others don't like it when it's SFW, that's a call you'll have to make yourself--but if that's how you want it I'm boggled as to why you'd want to keep making Panty at all

Frankly, she's not the equivalent of characters like Deadpool or Peter Griffin, whose series are generally for mature audiences but who do have other humorous aspects to their personalities besides NSFW ones.  Panty is horny and she's foul-mouthed; she has a few more character traits but those are her only comedic traits.  Being able to turn underwear into guns is part of her character, but it's not really comedic, and since fighting game characters regularly pull weapons seemingly out of nowhere, the magical part isn't even apparent in a MUGEN character.  Sure; the characters were showing a bit more depth towards the ends of the series and they might have continued to do so if it lasted longer, but it didn't so they didn't.  If you don't want to do NSFW jokes, Panty is not your character.  If the audience you're wanting to please is not a fan of such jokes, then they probably don't like this series, anyway, so why make anything at all from it?

Admittedly, part of the problem here is that when there was objectionable stuff you just seemed to throw in more guns to replace it; you could make safe-for-work version a bit better by replacing NSFW jokes with other kinds of jokes instead, which weren't in the series but seem right for its tone, but all of that is speculative.  The bottom line is, you can make an accurate Panty, you can make a funny Panty, you can make a safe-for-work Panty.  But you cannot make an accurate, funny, and safe-for-work Panty.

My opinion is you should just move on to making characters you can make without compromising their identity over concerns about family-friendliness; there are plenty such characters.  In fact, you might actually be able to make an accurate Stocking without going NSFW, since her big obsession with sweets isn't NSFW.  She also seems to be more of a conventionally competent martial artist, so you could get a lot of potential for moves of that sort.  Of course, though, this ties in to how Stocking was generally the straight-laced, unfunny foil to Panty, so maybe that's a bit double-edged.

I did not removed any of the swearing, but, besides, another reason I repleaced the lewd hyper was because, some people considered it a rape hyper, and Panty never rapes on the anime, so its kind of out of character. And she still has the middle finger taunt, which was made into a Down-Taunt 'joke normal'... And yep, I'm not the type of person who makes NSFW stuff, I made Panty because I also whished for PSG characters to be in MUGEN and I was interested in the idea of making Panty, and I didn't minded adding the swearing, and adding a few sexual references, and also, she still has the intro against certain male characters which I disabled for default on the options.txt file, and I tried to make Panty to be in-character. Yes Stocking is my next character, so yeah you might be right about Stocking being made source-accurate as she isn't NSFW on the source.

And besides the prior version was bad, as she had some gameplay issues and others which I addresed, like the choppy animations being improved.

Support me on PayPal!
Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 10:04:17 am by Shimmering Brony
#12  April 11, 2018, 07:33:41 pm
  • This looks like a job for... the Caped Avenger!
  • All-Out Gamer and Garfield fan
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/garfieldfan-mugen/home
"Heh. The Garfield strip's funny today."
~Garfield

Sprites in avatar by Wlan Productions
#13  April 13, 2018, 11:37:07 pm
    • USA
Does this Panty still twerk?