#1  May 31, 2018, 12:42:36 am
I've got a problem here.

Code:
[State 0]
type = RemapPal
trigger1 = 1
source = 300,1
dest = 300,0+root,palno

I am aware this code is used to remap palettes depending on the palette of the root; useful for helpers that one would want to change colors depending on the character's own palette. However, it works for one character I'm working on but not the other. With the character it does work with, I'm using group 2 instead of 300. I don't want to believe the group number actually matters; could it be the type of helper being used? Or could it be possible that some other pal code is affecting this code? The helpers I've coded (both with the working character and the not working character) have no other pal code within them. It may be glaringly obvious but I can't get it working.
Re: RemapPal and Helpers
#2  May 31, 2018, 02:47:18 am
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
RemapPal can be used anywhere in your code, and it will have the same effect.  The logic of the triggers will only change depending on where you use it... so if that snippet you showed is in a helper state, then the trigger is correct...

But you could stick the same code in player states and just use "palno" instead of "root,palno" and it does the same thing.

#3  May 31, 2018, 03:24:37 am
That's all fine and good, but my issue is that it isn't working for one character when it worked perfectly for another. I can confirm this after moving the code to somewhere outside of the helper and removing "root" from the dest.
#4  May 31, 2018, 03:40:37 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
Could this other character possibly be using different numbers for their palettes?
#5  May 31, 2018, 05:07:50 am
The character in question currently is only using group 1 for their palettes. Group 300 (used in source and dest) is the group of palettes used by this character's fx.
#6  May 31, 2018, 05:48:20 am
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
RemapPal only works for characters coded 1.0+  Have you checked the char's mugen version?

#7  May 31, 2018, 05:59:47 am
I have. Currently on 1.0.
#8  May 31, 2018, 09:47:20 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Do all the pals in group 300 have the same color depth?

I'm running out of ideas on what could be causing the issue lol

#9  June 01, 2018, 06:14:05 am
I'm in the same boat as you, don't worry. Color depth is the same. I'm not sure what additional requirements I'd need when it WON'T work for a character so I'm certainly in a situation right now.
#10  June 01, 2018, 06:12:23 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
I'm in the same boat as you, don't worry. Color depth is the same. I'm not sure what additional requirements I'd need when it WON'T work for a character so I'm certainly in a situation right now.

If you PM me a link to the character I'll check it out, see if I see something