YesNoOk

Lifebar Portraits (Read 134525 times)

Started by RockHowardMX, July 11, 2016, 07:34:16 am
Share this topic:

Poll

For the Lifebar into this project, which Portrait Style do you choose?

KOF 2000
KOF 2002
Any other Style, free to comment
Re: Lifebar Portraits
#61  February 02, 2017, 04:35:58 am
  • Also in the sky, the strength of love has wings...
    • Mexico
Could use this as a base?

Oswald updated as the reference given:

And, here I do a Test to prove if you would like to see a New Style, as Swipergod told me to...

Thoughts? Any feedback is welcome as usual...
#62  February 02, 2017, 06:40:14 am
  • Whimsical
It's a nice start, but the face still needs alot of work
#63  February 03, 2017, 04:05:07 am
    • USA
Elizabeth
#64  February 03, 2017, 01:58:54 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
I'll be honest in here, MX, and it might sound rude, but I need to get that cleared out. It doesn't really feels like you're trying. A good portion of your attempts so far feel like you only intended to make the portraits slightly resemble the character you're spriting, rather than going all the way and polishing said portraits and making sure to look up reference to see if it fully matches the design of the 2002 portraits and the character you're making. That Elizabeth you made just barely resembles the design you were spriting, her hair is a complete mess, and her jaw is incredibly large and pointy.

To add to that, she's all outlined, for god knows what reason... oh wait, you're trying to make a "new" style. Let me just put it like this, buddy. This "new" style of yours isn't working. It's basically the same thing as the 2002 portraits, except it looks more unappealing. Like, seriously, compare these:

To what you're doing:

It's a serious visual downgrade, and you're doing it just because you want to make something "new" that looks about the same but worse. You want to create a new style? That's fine, that's how NEW things are made. But you should at least get a better grasp at spriting the normal KOF portraits if you want to understand what makes them work  and what makes the character designs look appealing to the eye to begin with, and you shouldn't use this project as an excuse for your new style experiments. If you're going to contribute to this project, then don't try to twist the direction it's going to.

TL;DR: Use reference, and forget the whole "new" style idea.

EDIT: Just found out that some remake of SVP Infinity has a lifebar portrait for Elizabeth. You might want to use that at least for reference:

Shit
Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 02:03:11 pm by MotorRoach
#65  February 07, 2018, 02:37:48 am
  • Also in the sky, the strength of love has wings...
    • Mexico
Thought I gave up on this? Just took a great huge hiatus of this kind of portrait, I guess, but I'm coming back to this giving y'all a bit of Michael Max into KOF 2000 Portrait Style:

Feedback are welcome, as usual...