YesNoOk

Everything Anime and Manga Thread (Read 2432216 times)

Started by ( ゚ o゚) It's Urza!, August 27, 2007, 02:30:58 am
Share this topic:
Re: Everything Anime and Manga Thread
#11661  March 17, 2017, 02:23:27 pm
  • Suika cute
    • sites.google.com/site/roysquadrocks/
LOL! Oh how I love Satania!
#11662  March 17, 2017, 07:32:03 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
thanks,I'll take a look at the translated novels, also some really minor rezero news.

pretty shitty "translation"
Re-producer tanaka indicates that the original works are still in progress, and the animation will not end in the same way! So, that is to say, the second phase should be a preparatory plan, and I believe the fans can hear good news in the near future.
#11663  March 26, 2017, 10:38:56 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-03-26/high-school-of-the-dead-manga-creator-daisuke-sato-passes-away-at-52/.113968

Writer and manga creator Daisuke Satō passed away due to ischemic heart disease on March 22. He was 52. His immediate family have already held a funeral service, and his younger sister Yūko Shinmyō was the chief mourner.

Satō's works include the High School of the Dead (Highschool of the Dead in Japan) manga with artist Shoji Sato and the Imperial Guards manga with artist Yu Ito. Highschool of the Dead had been effectively on extended hiatus since March 2011, although a new chapter did debut in April 2013.

-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#11664  March 27, 2017, 05:52:23 am
Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju is over and I'm sad it's gone. Too bad they decided to add one hard too ignore story twist that potentially changed the context of many key events over the course of the show, maybe for the worst. It didn't bother as much at first, but I get more annoyed every time I think about it. Apart from that, the finale was okay and the show is still my favorite of the season. Edged out Konosuba by a hair.

Blue Exorcist was a decent undiluted shounen romp. Liked it much more than I thought I would.
#11665  March 28, 2017, 06:19:47 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
and people were just joking a about two dianas in a recent previous episode.

I read the first 4 chapters of the alicization manga, the concept is pretty good but I am sure  they'll find a way to make it lame, since it already showed signs of making chilito special (thanks to wlivert for telling me kirito¿s mexican nickname).

and talking about cool concepts that somehow get ruined, toaru ossan, aka the anti SAO, 38 eyars old dude "gets trapped ia  videogame" except that he does not, he only plays 2 hours per day because he hasa job to keep up with , so fuck belonging to a party since they won't want him anwyay (beause of how little he plays) also fuck getting upper tier skills, sicne he is just playing, let's choose archery kickign adn crafting the lowerst tier shit just to fuck around; as expected, they form a fun combination since he is thinking outside the box.
sadly it gets bogged down by lame explanations of fictional crafting and cooking (well at least I know how people feel when watching mecha series that overexplain how do the mechas work, (sup heavy object!)), adn he beocmes a kirito deus e}x machina harem lead anyway :/ which amkes the already lwo stakes even lower
#11666  March 28, 2017, 08:08:20 pm
LWA is less grandiose than the first ova. design is a bit off from the ova and sound too.  not a bad show but i do wish that it could've been like the first ova. it was more lively more playful both character designs and the animation itself.

and we didn't  really get to know the other characters besides ursula and akko. and about diana's change of personality i like her ova version more than the tv series bland and boring little miss perfect. i would like to know who is responsible and why did they change LWA so much.
Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 08:42:25 pm by 地獄の花
#11667  March 30, 2017, 07:03:54 pm
  • Your sweet baby brother
  • Young, dumb, and full of...you know ;)
    • USA
    • dcastaneda2011@yahoo.com
#11668  March 31, 2017, 05:16:20 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
AoT s02 confirmed to be 12 episodes, shitstorm ensued, we won't even get to see levi revealing he is the colossal titan.
#11669  March 31, 2017, 05:28:20 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
What the fuck? How could they not do a two cour after four years of prep? Not enough money?

Now I feel like an idiot for not giving in and reading the manga, but I guess that's about to be shortly rectified.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#11670  March 31, 2017, 05:57:14 am
Clearly they threw the money all away because companies nowadays HATE money. They hate it more than a harem protaganist hates logic.
#11671  March 31, 2017, 07:43:12 pm
What the fuck? How could they not do a two cour after four years of prep? Not enough money?

Now I feel like an idiot for not giving in and reading the manga, but I guess that's about to be shortly rectified.

they'll probably release a new series next year. they can make more money that way.
#11672  April 01, 2017, 03:47:23 am
Maybe they'll alternate it with Kabaneri to keep the studio busy.

Regarding the Attack on Titan S2 which will start airing on April 1st, we realized that there would be dangerous situations when viewers are too excited about the anime to care about their study, work and families during the airing or while looking forward to the next episode.
Given that we wholeheartedly aim for the highest quality of the anime, we are really sorry that we induced such situations. When you are watching the anime, you will understand the words above, and we truly hope you can watch this work.
But as this information is yet shared with every single person, we hope you can share it with your families and friends if you feel like to. We will really appreciate if you can tag #shingeki when you are posting on social media.
We are deeply sorry that we caused your inconvenience.
(Sorry but I’m a total baka …)

They're excited about something alright-desudesu

I agree. They diluted LWA in the transition from OVA to tv. Disappointed about how underutilized a large chunk of the cast is and most of the story outside of the core part is bland. I'm missing asshole Diana too. :(

So they finally announced the announcement that Popteamepic is getting an anime in October. They waited till April 2nd, so it's not a joke this time.
Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 06:46:24 pm by LurkerSupreme
#11673  April 01, 2017, 10:15:15 pm
yeah asshole diana was kakkoi  in the ova. tv version of her is boring, she's too unemotional and it feels so unnatural.

this scene alone showed more character development than the whole tv series did.

sad LWA and youjo senki are the two shows i was looking forward to. meh moving on i'm currently binge watching demi-chan. i'm on episode 7 and it's fun well first 4 episodes aren't that great but at least it's improving.
Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 10:35:47 pm by 地獄の花
#11674  April 02, 2017, 02:06:01 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
New Card Captor Sakura trailer. Though it was uploaded on April 1st.  :???:

sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#11675  April 03, 2017, 05:38:27 am
New Season boys aw yeah.

AoT S2 is more Attack on Titan. Nothing much to complain about, apart from the fact it took so long. Also, that OP is too much of a bland call back to the first one, but the ED is great.

Hero Academia is off to great start by making a third of it's first episode a recap. Great way to set expectation on the pacing guys.

Alice and Zoroku might have some potential in it, but I'm still skeptical that sci-fi/slice of life will gel well enough to be entertaining. I appreciate that lead combination is at least a gruff old man and a loli rather than awkward teenage dude, though that may have it's own share of problems.

I was surprised and happy to know that there's new season of World Fool News. It's the same quirky short I remember it as.

#11676  April 03, 2017, 05:42:51 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
how is the sakura thing related to shirobako ? this season is weak besides numbers, so I might end up watching it, tho I am waiting for reviews  I am not very hopeful for this season.
#11677  April 03, 2017, 06:00:25 am
It's not directly related other than the fact that the same studio is doing the show and i'st apparently part of a series of shows about working that P.A. Works has been doing (Hanasaku Iroha technically counted towards that as well). I don't even know if the staff is the same, so it's more of a spiritual successor than anything. It could still suck, but I want to believe.
Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 06:13:23 am by LurkerSupreme
#11678  April 03, 2017, 12:35:20 pm
New Card Captor Sakura trailer. Though it was uploaded on April 1st.  :???:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VySDRbfnev4[/youtube]

there were rumours about it but i can't believe it's true. OH THERE IS A GOD.
#11679  April 03, 2017, 01:00:33 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#11680  April 03, 2017, 06:43:29 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
It's not directly related other than the fact that the same studio is doing the show and i'st apparently part of a series of shows about working that P.A. Works has been doing (Hanasaku Iroha technically counted towards that as well). I don't even know if the staff is the same, so it's more of a spiritual successor than anything. It could still suck, but I want to believe.

with how poor this season is, yeah, it's worth putting atention to see how it turns out.