YesNoOk

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Iga's CV Kickstarter game) (Read 60042 times)

Started by DatKofGuy, May 05, 2015, 11:48:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Iga's CV Kickstarter game)
#41  May 12, 2015, 01:23:19 pm
    • USA
Some people were expecting the game to look exactly like the concept art and the same is going to happen to this game once actual screenshots come out. You can't please everyone :P
#42  May 12, 2015, 01:27:49 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
It's 2.5D I don't think it's possible at this point in 3D technology to possibly make the games look at pretty as the concept arts.
They'd have to be completely 2D
#43  May 12, 2015, 02:00:09 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
I never got the problem with MN9 that others had. Something about multiple Kickstarters?

Also, went ahead and increased my backing to the SWORDWHIP edition.
i really love the idea of a swordwhip if you couldn't tell.
Combining 2 things to create a whole new weapon is one of my favourite things in video games (see:Keyblade)
#44  May 12, 2015, 02:07:50 pm
    • USA
Is not like the swordwhip is an original concept anyway, we even had one in Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow.

It's 2.5D I don't think it's possible at this point in 3D technology to possibly make the games look at pretty as the concept arts.

Which is, again, stupid peoples' fault. They didn't read that the game was going to be in 3D and thought we were going to get a cartoonish 2D game and the same is going to happen to this game.
#45  May 12, 2015, 02:24:35 pm
    • Philippines
As a megaman fan and MN9 backer I have no idea what you're talking about.
Gameplay footage they released had pretty lame looking animation for Beck, I also hated how you have to dash through enemies after you kill them

Vanillaware. Their budget was smaller too.
#46  May 12, 2015, 02:32:28 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I liked the dash aspect. Made it feel faster.

Anyway, I wonder why they can't put an insanely large stretch goal in these games for doing it in 2D instead of 2.5D?
#47  May 12, 2015, 02:40:59 pm
    • USA
Which game made by Vanillaware is in 3D yet it looks like 2D?

I liked the dash aspect. Made it feel faster.

I too liked that mechanic. The game is about score attacking and chaining to get the best rank possible so it's designed to keep you moving and avoid getting hit while keeping your enemy chain.

People complain about megaman clones and then when one game people thought it was going to be just another clone ends up with a mechanic to make it wildly different, people complain anyway. You can't please everyone :P
#48  May 12, 2015, 02:52:37 pm
    • Philippines
My bad, I misread the post. Dragon's Crown is just the first game that comes to mind when I think of a game that looks as good as the concept art. Anyways Xrd looks kind of like the concept art while the game is fully in 3D. Not made by Vanillaware though.

I never complained about Megaman clones and I'm pretty sure that people funded MN9 partly because they were hungry for a new Megaman. I just hate the dash mechanic in that game cause you have to dash through every single enemy and Beck glows bright blue every time you do it.
#49  May 12, 2015, 03:34:45 pm
Looks nice. I'd back it if they didn't already have a publisher.
#50  May 13, 2015, 11:51:31 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
I hope this gets a  PSVita port
#51  May 14, 2015, 03:22:15 pm
  • Decepticon Leader
    • USA
This KS blew up. Very happy to be part of something like this. Go IGA, go!

・・・・・・・・⑨
#52  May 15, 2015, 07:54:44 pm
It hit two mil overnight!
Re: Sword or Whip? Iga's CV Kickstarter game returns?
#53  May 15, 2015, 08:15:04 pm
  • For honor!
There's just something about that exploration and grinding away to get powerful enough to defeat a certain boss or thinking of strategies to beat that boss without going to the Librarian to look up how to beat it. I remember first laying eyes on Olrox the first time he transformed into that green disgusting, horrifying creature. I thought holy shit he's pissed now. Games lack this feeling these days. There are only a few exceptions to that though like God of War.
That is the first time I ever read about anyone having to grind and figure out strategies to defeat the bosses in Symphony of the Night.

Only thing that turns me off about this is the crafting system. Seriously, what is it with Kickstarter and crafting systems? Anyways I can't wait to fight a bunch of those elk spider lion things in the screenshots.
Iroha stripped for me
#54  May 15, 2015, 10:50:54 pm
  • *Insert text here*
    • USA
^
Eh, I'm not too bothered about crafting systems in KS, although it does annoying after a while when you see it.

I'd really like to see how they handle co-op in this game, since I've got a buddy that's also into the vania games as well. Definitely keeping a eye on this.
#55  May 16, 2015, 05:11:17 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
well the reason I said that is the first time I went through it I had to grind for higher levels and better weapons to beat the bigger bosses. after the 1st time playing I didn't need any of that
#56  May 16, 2015, 11:37:13 am
    • USA
There's a new digital backer tier of $60 that gives you the previously physical-only backer exclusive content along with the soundtrack and a PDF of the retro strategy booklet.

The price is kinda stupid though, I may as well just ask for the physical one instead with shipping costing $5 more bucks and they will give you a steam key along with the physical disc anyway so even if your package is *lost* (Fucking third world countries) you'll still be able to play your game just fine with your steam key.
#57  May 20, 2015, 04:52:20 pm
    • USA
We're happy to announce that all backers at $60 or above who choose PC copies of Bloodstained will be granted beta access via Steam. What does this mean for you?

Get a chance to play early builds of the game.
Help the development team squash bugs and make the best Igavania possible.
See the game's development from a different perspective.
Provide valuable feedback.
All $60+ digital and physical PC copies will be eligible for the beta, but the beta version will only run on Windows. It's definitely going to be the biggest group of beta testers IGA has ever worked with, but he and the team are looking forward to your help.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/1235465
#58  May 26, 2015, 11:59:27 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Today’s big news is a surprise so late-breaking we’re still pleasantly shocked ourselves. (It all came together last week.) The Alchemist’s Treasure sleeve ($100+ tiers) will feature special cover art by Ayami Kojima.

That's awesome. Too bad she couldn't work on the actual game.... oh well...
#59  May 26, 2015, 07:33:54 pm
Through the keyhole, you can make out a $2.75 million stretch goal that IGA's been excited to reveal for some time. More than all the other stretch goals this is something the Kickstarter has made possible: He's going to make this his biggest game ever. His original plans for the castle were conservative, but in keeping with the kind of work he's been able to do before. But that was all the way back at $500,000.

His ambition has grown along with the campaign, and at $2.75 million he's finally ready to commit to making this the biggest castle he's ever designed. (He estimates that the world will be 25 percent larger than it would have been if the Kickstarter had only just reached its goal.)

Now it's time to build. And in the eye of the storm you can almost hear the scrape of brick on brick...

Get hype.
#60  May 27, 2015, 09:18:24 am
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
Wii U stretch goal reached.
Hopefully a 3DS stretch goal is somewhere around.