YesNoOk

Converting music to work on MUGEN for stages (Read 4368 times)

Started by Cartoonfanatic, August 31, 2007, 08:20:05 am
Share this topic:
Converting music to work on MUGEN for stages
#1  August 31, 2007, 08:20:05 am
  • Heh, I create palettes. Tell me if you want some.
Here's just a short tutorial of how to use music in 48kbps, I know there are better tutorials, but here's mine, nice and simple.

Here goes:

1.Open your music with iTunes or drag your music over to your iTunes library.
2.Click on "edit" option on the top left corner in the iTunes program and go to preferences.
3.Then, you will see a few selections/options, click on advanced then importing.
4.Under "On CD insert", go to "Import Using" and select "MP3 Encoder" from the selection of options.
5.After that, go to "setting" under "Import Using" select "Custom" and you'll see "Stereo Bit Rate", select 48 kbps, after that click OK.
6. Go back to your library and right click the music you want changed and choose "Convert Selection to MP3". The music should appear under the original song in 48kbps.
7. Put your music into the sound folder.
8. Open the stage.def file and paste sound/themusic'stitlehere.def where it says:
[Music]
bgmusic =

There you have it, if you want all songs changed in your library, click edit then there's an option that will say "Select All" or press Ctrl + A. Then right click the songs and press Convert Selection, though it may get messier. Please tell me if there's any problems with the tutorial.
Check out my palettes guys! Click below in my sig if desired!
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=66166
Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 09:14:01 am by Orochi_Hadou
Re: Get music to work on MUGEN
#2  September 03, 2007, 04:33:41 pm
  • my avatar is there, look harder.
wow that is a handful  ;D

i have heard of different ways to get it to work.

1. go to wherever you download your music to(like if you use limewire, then go to your source folder w/ the songs in it.)

2.copy the song you want to use and paste it to your sound folder in your mugen folder.

3. If you are setting the song to the stage, open the stages .def file and go to bgmusic = sound/nameofmp3.mp3  OR type in sound/ then go to your music file then rename and copy it. then go back and paste it after sound/ then add .mp3 at the end. Again, remember the format.
sound/nameofmp3.mp3

4. it is the same for the system folder if you want to set the music to title music
you have to open the system folder in your data folder, then go to where the previous title music was, and change it.
It should say
title.bgm =  data/nameofmp3.mp3.
just paste
sound/nameofmp3.mp3 over it.

If this does not work for you, you can put your music into the data folder, then create a folder in the data folder called snd and put the music in there.
then if you put in music it would be

data/snd/nameofmp3.mp3

then do steps 3 or 4.
Easy stuff.
I need a revolution.
Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 12:32:41 am by ravenous31492
Re: Get music to work on MUGEN
#3  September 03, 2007, 09:27:13 pm
  • Heh, I create palettes. Tell me if you want some.
Cool that helps too, nice tut.
EDIT: I edited the topics name and my first post.
Check out my palettes guys! Click below in my sig if desired!
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=66166
Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 09:14:37 am by Orochi_Hadou
Re: Converting music to work on MUGEN for stages
#4  December 26, 2007, 10:57:20 pm
Re: Converting music to work on MUGEN for stages
#5  January 08, 2008, 04:17:37 am
Srry about that cuz that has a free trail.

I found a free full wma to mp3 go here www.jodix.com