YesNoOk

Haruhi (from Choiyer's Haruhi) (Read 51703 times)

Started by Zero-Sennin, July 26, 2010, 12:15:24 am
Share this topic:
Haruhi (from Choiyer's Haruhi)
#1  July 26, 2010, 12:15:24 am
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu

For those that aren't very fond of her: My apologies for causing the MUGEN Screenshot thread yesterday to become more concerned with her than anything else.

I did run around fixing a lot of the stuff that my beta-testers pointed out, but I know I probably missed something here or there. Here's to hoping.

Also, this character is my first REAL attempt at writing AI. It turned out pretty nicely IMO--as I said to my beta testers, Haruhi managed an even fight with Vans' Iori half of the time. This is something that I would like (hell, I should just say need) real feedback on, because while I know it's not BROKEN, I don't know if it's good.

Anyway, for those that are curious, here's what's next:

*Ryoko Asakura and maybe Mikuru Asahina (while they're all part of the original request that got me started on the Haruhi characters Choiyer has made, I've been thinking about more original conversions to flesh out my library of creations. I've done a lot of edit characters recently, and it feels like I'm losing my original creative edge just a smidge).

*AI updates for my characters once I'm sure that I've got a decent understanding of how it works
or
*AI updates for Project Lensman, which would probably take a while but would probably get more people to PLAY the damn thing.

*The destruction of the default hitsparks for all of my characters that use them. Either I get CFJ sparks or steal some from POTS, but they will be done. (On this subject, does anyone know how to get the default sparknos at the top of a CNS to work? I tried it once before but it just wouldn't take and it drove me nucking futs.)

And in other news:
*Sent Rina-chan an email about the Kyko thing. Not stressing it too much right now, though.

But enough of all that.

Head on over to http://zerosenworkshop.x10hosting.com to get Haru-chan. And for god's sake, feed me feedback so that I can go for AWESOME!

~ZS
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> because you messed up?
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> well that's a fucking shame
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> pick up your sucks

I don't provide old versions of my characters once they're updated. Please don't ask me for them.
Re: Haruhi (from Choiyer's Haruhi)
#2  July 26, 2010, 01:39:42 am
  • The life of a dish is not an easy one.
    • USA
    • mugenplate.webs.com/
Ran into a bug when facing GM's Ken. When she did the super where her and Konata take the foe to another room, the super was done off screen but both her and Ken came back on screen when the super was done.
Stuff
#3  July 26, 2010, 01:41:27 am
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
Ran into a bug when facing GM's Ken. When she did the super where her and Konata take the foe to another room, the super was done off screen but both her and Ken came back on screen when the super was done.

Did you use it in the corner?

I disabled Screenbound so that the animation played properly if you happened to be very close to either edge of the screen. If I hadn't, she, Konata, and the enemy don't go far enough in front of the door.
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

I don't provide old versions of my characters once they're updated. Please don't ask me for them.
#4  July 26, 2010, 01:43:31 am
  • I'm just a Moo
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/user/CoztheSexyBeast666
You edited Choiyer's Haruhi? :o

What a twist!

I didn't expect that. XD
No
#5  July 26, 2010, 01:44:06 am
  • The life of a dish is not an easy one.
    • USA
    • mugenplate.webs.com/
Yeah it was done in the corner. Well other then then that bug, I haven't really found anything else. She feels a bit odd at first, but after messing around I got used to her format. But thats just me being used to the "MvC style" the other Haruhi had. :P
Stuff
#6  July 26, 2010, 02:54:20 am
  • Recreation
#7  July 26, 2010, 03:23:00 am
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
I liked how you implemented my winquote ideas.

I saw them in the thread and was like "Mosaic's been anticipating this release for a while, I should totally take these since I have no idea what the HELL I should put down for winquotes."

Turned out pretty nicely. :)
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

#8  July 26, 2010, 03:26:06 am
  • Recreation
"Mosaic's been anticipating this release for a while, I should totally take these since I have no idea what the HELL I should put down for winquotes."
I lol'd.
Yup.
I'm liking this Haruhi lots.

Now I need to find some flaws in the actual release now.

And does Mikuru beam still pierce through multiple enemies?

#9  July 26, 2010, 03:27:56 am
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
And does Mikuru beam still pierce through multiple enemies?

Oh, wait, THAT'S what you were saying before? Damn, I'm an idiot.

The short version is yes, it does. On the one hand, it IS the Mikuru Beam. On the other, that is kind of cheap. If I figure out how to fix it, I will.
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

#10  July 26, 2010, 03:46:02 am
  • Recreation
The short version is yes, it does. On the one hand, it IS the Mikuru Beam. On the other, that is kind of cheap. If I figure out how to fix it, I will.
Add like a charge time to Mikuru.
If she's hit during that time, she cancels the beam and chickens out.
#11  July 26, 2010, 06:49:21 am
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
Add like a charge time to Mikuru.
If she's hit during that time, she cancels the beam and chickens out.

...Makes it easier to block but not single-target only.

The "hitonce" attribute of the HitDef doesn't work either. Anyone have any ideas?
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

#12  July 26, 2010, 08:14:45 am
    • Hungary
    • seravy.x10.mx/Wordpress
Yay Haruhi, time to download.

Edit : The AI does need updates indeed, and a lot. Looking into the files I see about 80% of attacks don't have any AI coded into them and work only from mugen's automatic random keypresses.
Also, the AI guards way too much on easy levels.

Other stuff worthy of notice :
1. The guarded damage of the balls is too much
2. Some Clsns of attacks seem oversized. For example z button kick (state 220) hits even though Haruhi's feet isn't anywhere close to my character.
3. I know infinite priority is bad, but covering all the clsn1s with an even larger clsn2 is taking a bit too far, isn't it? The clsn2 is supposed to be the smaller one.
4. The AI is completely messed up an unusable this way.
5. The super-spark always appears at the same position (above Haruhi's head) for all attacks. I think it should be positioned to a place where it makes better sense for each attack, for example for the one using a sword it could be on the top of the sword, etc.
6. Mikuru can get turned into a clone by taking a hit from a T type attack.
7.Guarded damage from Mikuru beam is a bit too much. Hitting multiple opponents is not a problem, laser beams are supposed to do that. A guard.kill=0 is also nice to have on it, however.
8. Nagato has the exact same problems as Mikuru (6 and 7)
9. The ball is also turning into a clone from hits if hit during a hitpause. Nothitby and hitoverride on it should have -1, or pausetime should be 0,10, or ignorehitpause=1 should be added.
10. The sword super misses if the opponent is too close and isn't wide enough.

I'm a bit too impatient so I'll fix some of these myself.

Get the fixed version here :
http://mugenevolution.co.uk/seravy/Testdata/zeroharuhi.zip
It addresses the following problems :
-Has a completely rewritten AI, with detailed explanation on how it works.
-Guarded damage of the ball, Mikuru Beam and Nagato's attack is reduced
-Cloning bugs from the ball, Mikuru and Nagato removed

Problems 2,3,5,10 still exist, the rest are fixed.
Feel free to use it as your own (but please do give credit).
Only the .CMD and .CNS files were changed, nothing else.
I didn't test it much, but it seems to work properly so far.
Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 10:49:24 am by Seravy
#13  July 26, 2010, 11:09:32 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Seravy, how much time do you spend on Mugen each day ? o_O (same could be said about zero-sennin, seeing how fast he pumps out chars :P)

Anyway, very short feedback :
- Batter Up! projectile could rebound on the ground instead of going through it.
- Dynamic Entry! in the air doesn't feel natural in terms of change of vels, but hey, that's for gameplay.
- Air S.O.S. JOUST's FX has shadow when hitting the opponent (ignorehitpause missing).
#14  July 26, 2010, 11:51:26 am
^ this

and what happened to the SOS crash?

no evasion roll?
no you know what move when you press z to cancel shoulder throw?
I can do 3 mikuru beams is that normal?
IMO maybe it's better if mikuru and yuki supers are combined with the old sos crash.like kyosuke's in cvs

this haruhi has potential and If done right it might be better than choiyer's....
#15  July 26, 2010, 12:28:14 pm
    • Hungary
Seravy, how much time do you spend on Mugen each day ? o_O
Actually, after fixing up all those things I feel like doing more   ;D
I wonder, shall I make my own version of Haruhi hmm...just like I did with Lelouch.
#16  July 26, 2010, 02:44:39 pm
yes please.
#17  July 26, 2010, 03:07:47 pm
    • Hungary
I've added
Do you want me to make a Suzumiya Haruhi character the same way as I did with Lelouch? (From Choiyer's)
poll to my site. I'll make Haruhi if the yes votes get the majority.
Until there is a result, I'll do the updates I planned on my characters (less predictable AI for Lelouch, etc)

I've downloaded Choiyer's Haruhi meanwhile...it will be interesting to make a good character from this...thing. I don't think I'd want a Shana striker on my Haruhi...nor a Konata...guess this will be one of the very few times when I'll be removing moves instead of adding more. Of course, knowing myself I'll probably add some new ones as well.

Oh, and Zero-Sennin, don't worry, I won't touch your version if I do make one, I'll start with empty cns files,and use Choiyer's version as reference and SFF/AIR data source as I usually do.
#18  July 26, 2010, 04:04:20 pm
  • Recreation
Oh, and Zero-Sennin, don't worry, I won't touch your version if I do make one, I'll start with empty cns files,and use Choiyer's version as reference and SFF/AIR data source as I usually do.
So basically you're going to throw out the coding like ZS does?
Nice.

Is it going to be more....
Well....
Projectile based?
#19  July 26, 2010, 04:24:29 pm
  • I hate coding helpers.
Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 04:27:50 pm by Zzyzzyxx
#20  July 26, 2010, 04:33:56 pm
    • Hungary
Is it going to be more....
Well....
Projectile based?
Chances are she'll have strikers more projectiles less, but it really depends on what kind of ideas I have, and how many of the original attacks are worthy of keeping. In Lelouch's case I could keep most of his attacks so his moveset is similar to the original, but in Nanoha's case I had to think up new ones because the originals were unusable/ not enough (all attacks were fullscreen beams and stuff, no variations at all, just powerful stuff only)
What's sure is having a danmaku bar, and grazing. I'll probably keep her ability to reflect projectiles as well. Everything else is undecided yet. Of course, first it needs to be decided on the poll whether I'm making it or not. Oh and one more thing is 100% sure...all the pervert stuff from the SFF will go away.

Do you mean...

... this?
Hmm...might as well add that, yeah. For a super, obviously.
#21  July 26, 2010, 06:33:36 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
Ohhhh, wow. Leave for a few hours and everyone explodes all over the thread in a nice, awesome way.

OK, first things first. Prepare for quotes.

STUFF

I appreciate the effort, Seravy, I really do. So, here's what I've decided to do.

The helper alterations and damage reductions, I'll add into the character myself based on the corrections you made, because I've been doing fixes since release and it'll help me remember what to do next time. You get credit for all of the bugfixes, no doubt.

I've tried out the AI that you've written, and it's pretty good. I'll take a close look at it and figure out what I want to do, but ultimately, my goal is to try and write it myself. Understand that I am not begrudging your work--your notations make sense and I can put them to good use.

Thanks a lot, really.

^ this

and what happened to the SOS crash?

no evasion roll?
no you know what move when you press z to cancel shoulder throw?
I can do 3 mikuru beams is that normal?
IMO maybe it's better if mikuru and yuki supers are combined with the old sos crash.like kyosuke's in cvs

this haruhi has potential and If done right it might be better than choiyer's....

SOS DAN Attack was listed as a to-do item. I've done it more or less the way Choiyer did (debating about the fancy sparkles and stuff, but they'll get in there once I get the rips out of Choiyer's SFF).

No, no power charge or evasion roll. The former is not something I like to put in my characters anymore, though I have done it on occasion. Same sort of goes for evasion roll, but I'm normally more flexible with that particular feature.

Molester grab is out. Konata's team up is more than enough compensation for that.

The Mikuru Beam spams were an error on my part. Don't worry, I've got that sorted out.

Anyway, very short feedback :
- Batter Up! projectile could rebound on the ground instead of going through it.
- Dynamic Entry! in the air doesn't feel natural in terms of change of vels, but hey, that's for gameplay.
- Air S.O.S. JOUST's FX has shadow when hitting the opponent (ignorehitpause missing).

-Will be done.
-:wacko: Glad to see we're in agreement.
-I'm on it.

*phew*

Didn't forget anything, I trust?
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

#22  July 26, 2010, 06:50:05 pm
  • Recreation
Didn't forget anything, I trust?
Backdash also counts as a jump, allowing you to do short hopping aerial attacks.
That does include DYNAMIKO ENTERY.
Allowing for easy surprise DYNAMIC ENTRIES when enemies least expect it.

And it could use a bit more combo ability.
What about the specials to supers canceling?

And SOS Joust has fast startup after the superpause, and goes across the screen pretty fast.
Any enemy that isn't blocking during the superpause is basically screwed.

And to be honest, I don't get why enemies fly really high when they get jousted.
#23  July 26, 2010, 06:58:54 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
And to be honest, I don't get why enemies fly really high when they get jousted.

I've got a thing for dramatic flair, truthfully. If you play Project Lensman, Kaneda's superpunch super does the same thing, heh heh.

I just tried out a horizontal equivalent though. Just as satisfying, so I'll keep it, slow down the startup, and add special->super canceling as well as fix the back dash. :)

Considering what I've been hearing about my chip damage values lately, I might as well ask. What do most people use for theirs? At this point, I'm considering ~1/3rd damage as my new standard as opposed to 1/2, but if smaller is better, I don't mind going down further.
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

#24  July 26, 2010, 07:01:36 pm
  • Recreation

I've got a thing for dramatic flair, truthfully. If you play Project Lensman, Kaneda's superpunch super does the same thing, heh heh.

I just tried out a horizontal equivalent though. Just as satisfying, so I'll keep it, slow down the startup, and add special->super canceling as well as fix the back dash. :)

Considering what I've been hearing about my chip damage values lately, I might as well ask. What do most people use for theirs? At this point, I'm considering ~1/3rd damage as my new standard as opposed to 1/2, but if smaller is better, I don't mind going down further.
Well, you gotta show us screenshots of the amount of chip damage compared to the amount of real damage.
Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 07:05:57 pm by Kawaii-Desu♥
#25  July 26, 2010, 07:11:00 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
I can list the values straight out as they are now. I started lowering from 1/2 to 1/3rd (a little bit) with this release, but it's not supposed to be precisely 1/3rd or anything like that.

These are coming from the copy of the character I have, so if it's different from the release's values, don't be surprised.

SOS Joust (ground) = 200 unblocked, 80 blocked
SOS Joust (air) = 200 total, 80 when blocked
Molester Team Up Special = 200 when it connects (the first hit does no damage on block)
Yuki Striker = 210 unblocked total, 65 when blocked
Mikuru Striker = 200 unblocked total, 90 when blocked.

SOS DAN Attack does 300 damage-- it is unblockable if the first hit connects, but the first hit does no damage to begin with and is blockable to boot.
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 07:14:22 pm by Zero-Sennin
#26  July 26, 2010, 07:29:02 pm
  • I hate coding helpers.

1/2 for chip damage in the current days is absurd, there isn't any game that uses these value, try something between 15-20%.

And...

Do you mean...

... this?
Hmm...might as well add that, yeah. For a super, obviously.

It was actually a joke  --; Actually I regreted after posting it.
Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 07:47:18 pm by Zzyzzyxx
#27  July 26, 2010, 07:46:44 pm
    • France
For cheap damage, I usually go around 10% for normals, and up to 15% for supers. I can, in rare cases, go even higher up to 30 or 40%, but only if it's for a Lv2/Lv3 super which main purpose is to have high block damage.
#28  July 26, 2010, 07:54:16 pm
  • Recreation
For cheap damage, I usually go around 10% for normals, and up to 15% for supers. I can, in rare cases, go even higher up to 30 or 40%, but only if it's for a Lv2/Lv3 super which main purpose is to have high block damage.
You mind as well make it unblockable if it's supposed to have like 30/40/50% block damage.
#29  July 26, 2010, 07:58:53 pm
    • Hungary
What do most people use for theirs?
Depends on the move.

Most normal and special attacks and projectiles : 0 (zero)
Some normal or special attacks and projectiles : 1-10 (only where it does make sense, like a hit with a baseball bat/hammer, or a sharp projectile like a knife, and only if the move cannot be used in a spamming fashion).

Some slow special moves where the only reason for using the move is the high guarded damage can have much more, but those must be slow enough to get interrupted easily (as you can't guard well against them)...however, making unguardable attacks from these is a better solution.

Generally, no chip damage or very minimal (5-10% or less) is best on non-supers.

Supers are a completely different thing altogether.
They can have any amount, IF that is reflected in the other parameters of the attack.
For example
Expensive, medium damage, slow, interruptable : any amount is probably ok, even completely unguardable would probably work if it's slow enough.
Expensive, but high damage and fast or uninterruptable : no place for guarded damage here. It's powerful enough without it.
etc...
costs, restrictions, damage, speed, interruptability, invincibility frames (f there are any), area of attack (from punch up to a fullscreen explosion) and chip damage together needs to result in a balanced attack.
If you want high chip damage on your super, increase the power cost, or nerf some other parameters (make it slower for example).

Think about it this way :
If you are guarding and still take some damage, then guarding is an inferior strategy to attacking back (and hoping you'll hit first), or dodging. In normal mugen, guarding or attacking should be equally desirable because there are all kinds of characters, and it isn't guaranteed that all opponents do have a fast enough attack to interrupt yours instead of guarding and taking damage.
High chip damage promotes more aggressive gameplay (attacking is better than guarding), which works out in a full game where every character is coded to work in that environment, but not in normal mugen where some (probably many) characters will have trouble handling it.

Overall, chip damage is an extra you are supposed to pay for (in the slowness or higher power cost for example), not something added to every attack for free.

It was actually a joke  --; Actually I regreted after posting it.
Don't worry, I'll keep the original Mikuru beam. Those huge laser beams are getting boring, too many characters have them.
Although, seeing how there are 2 No and 0 Yes votes so far, there is a good chance I won't even make a Haruhi.
#30  July 26, 2010, 08:00:57 pm
  • Recreation
Although, seeing how there are 2 No and 0 Yes votes so far, there is a good chance I won't even make a Haruhi.
Don't let 2 no's and a yes stop you from making a Haruhi if you want to.
#31  July 26, 2010, 08:14:08 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
So the general consensus is that chip damage should rarely exceed 20 or so percent, if at all.

I'll get to dropping damages now.

Also, after looking over Seravy's code, I've decided that as it stands now, I might as well work it, almost wholesale, into the release. I'm making my own changes to how certain things function, but it will look very similar to what he originally wrote. Now, I know he catches a bad rap around here for his character making style (and I'm NOT going into that, nor do I want to start a debate about it here), but I like what he's done, he's made a clear effort to explain what he's done, and I can work with it.

...I think I had something else to say, but I forgot....
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

#32  July 26, 2010, 08:16:32 pm
    • France
You love me, that's what you wanted to say. :gaykiss:
#33  July 26, 2010, 08:24:04 pm
    • Hungary
Don't let 2 no's and a yes stop you from making a Haruhi if you want to.
They won't but there are like 30 other characters I want to make just as much or some even more...so unless there are at least 50% on the yes, I'll do those 30 characters first and Haruhi will have to wait for half an eternity. That is, if there are enough votes to even consider the result...if there aren't, then I'll probably not make it now, and keep focusing on Touhous.
(I've already did most of the characters that were really important for me...the ones I didn't, I have a reason not to do yet. So I can afford to make what people ask for first.)

Now, I know he catches a bad rap around here for his character making style (and I'm NOT going into that, nor do I want to start a debate about it here), but I like what he's done, he's made a clear effort to explain what he's done, and I can work with it.
One thing you might want to consider is that the AI I made is a "strict" AI. It will always do what's good, or there is a chance for doing nothing for a bit of time on lower levels. If you want it to be less predictable or want it to make mistakes on low levels, you'll need to add some stuff, but that part is the "extra", it's not really necessary in an AI, but will make the character more interesting to fight against.
#34  July 27, 2010, 04:15:17 pm
  • GO GO DARK BARRIER!
    • USA
    • Skype - gamefreak202020
    • www.youtube.com/channel/UCYefk6BEg3rLhUjhCJ3x7ew

Choiyer is a butthurt faggot.

KEEP IT UP ZERO-SENNIN! Also, are you ever gonna update your Izuna? ;_;

Also, Seravy, with my history of fighting your crap, I can safely say, DON'T MAKE YOUR OWN HARUHI. Unless of course you WANT another R-Team Massacre.
- lulz, NeoGeoPocketColor Adel.
~~~~
GF202020 a.k.a. gamefreak202020
#35  July 27, 2010, 04:25:50 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA

KEEP IT UP ZERO-SENNIN! Also, are you ever gonna update your Izuna? ;_;

Also, Seravy, with my history of fighting your crap, I can safely say, DON'T MAKE YOUR OWN HARUHI. Unless of course you WANT another R-Team Massacre.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!  ;D :D

Choiyer's response is hilarious! Besides we are fixing Haruhi to more tolerable levels.

Guess he would like us to bash Haruhi around until the end of time!

Another thing, get rid of the perverted moves that we hate! (i.e. the molester grab and the "fingering")

And one more thing, glad to see GF202020 around here.

Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#36  July 27, 2010, 04:34:54 pm
    • France
LOL Choiyer, aka the guy who butchered several of IronMugen's characters.
#37  July 27, 2010, 05:15:59 pm
  • Gaps? Where we're going, we don't need gaps...
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org

LOL Choiyer, aka the guy who butchered several of IronMugen's characters.

Nice double standard there Choiyer. Too bad you dont own any copyrights to the Haruhi franchise so you can't do shit without putting yourself in legal jeopardy, at least under US law, but I'm assuming JPN law isnt much different. Still doesn't change the fact you've joined the ranks of Shinra358, Anamochi, and Omegabros.
#38  July 27, 2010, 05:19:19 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
LOL

LOL

LOL

LOL

LOL!!!!!!
Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 05:26:19 pm by Jesuszilla
#39  July 27, 2010, 05:21:47 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
The molester moves I don't really mind since they are in character for Haruhi, but still they are not done very tastefully from a gameplay standpoint since they take like forever.

Also lol Choiyer doesn't know about MFG rules.
#40  July 27, 2010, 05:22:21 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
He also doesn't know that you either make it fight or you make it fuck. You can't do both.
#41  July 27, 2010, 05:27:35 pm
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
#42  July 27, 2010, 05:47:47 pm
    • USA
Also lol Choiyer doesn't know about MFG rules.

so do every asian coders most likely

Its not just MFG anymore. Most places have adopted a similar policy (MI, for instance). Its not so much the fact that Zero-Sennin made a (better) edit of a closed source character, its the fact that Choiyer's being a pussy about it.
#43  July 27, 2010, 05:50:53 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Even so, dont you think its in bad form to insult the guy like that?
Calling him a "butthurt faggot" is just adding wood into the fire with no actual need to do that.
#44  July 27, 2010, 05:56:51 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
yeah gays don't all have a pissing fetish like he does

in b4 "BUT HE WAS REQUESTED TO DO THAT"
#45  July 27, 2010, 05:58:47 pm
    • France
#46  July 27, 2010, 05:59:52 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#47  July 27, 2010, 06:01:25 pm
    • USA
#48  July 27, 2010, 06:11:01 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
#49  July 27, 2010, 06:44:50 pm

Rough translation of the Japanese text:
Haruhi is fixed. With Live Alive, it drains power and corrected the fact that KO was not possible. I corrected also pallet and AI.

The bold part made me laugh, since in addition to not fixing the legion of problems the character had before, he added a new super involving K-on! that does ~80% damage and also does monster damage when blocked.

But hey, at least he corrected pallet and AI! ::)
#50  July 27, 2010, 07:09:18 pm
  • Madman
  • Honorary Asshole
cmon, im still beating the crap out of Choiyer's with GM's Terry

Continue with the Good Work Zero-Sennin ;D

Choiyer sucks and now he knows that your haruhi is better, he's Butthurtin like a Bitch after a double penetration in the ass
#51  July 27, 2010, 07:37:44 pm
Choiyer needs to fuck off. Guess it's okay for him to ruin other characters but God forbid anyone correct his retarded mistakes.

Choiyer, translate this: You're a hypocritical worthless sack of shit and the MUGEN community would be better off without you in it to gay it up. Find something better to do with your time like actually fixing up your characters so they aren't total shit if you don't like it when other people do it.
#52  July 27, 2010, 07:42:00 pm
    • USA
Choiyer needs to fuck off. Guess it's okay for him to ruin other characters but God forbid anyone correct his retarded mistakes.

Choiyer, translate this: You're a hypocritical worthless sack of shit and the MUGEN community would be better off without you in it to gay it up. Find something better to do with your time like actually fixing up your characters so they aren't total shit if you don't like it when other people do it.

In before "N"th wave of Choiyer beatdown vids on YT.
#53  July 27, 2010, 09:13:45 pm
    • Hungary
I wonder if the two NO votes for making my Haruhi were coming from Choiyer or not, seeing his reactions...

Hmmm, I guess not, both votes are from US IP adrssses.

Bad luck Choiyer, chances are, there will be two people editing your Haruhi instead of one, as the Yes is winning now on the poll (although it's the "yes, but make others first" one, so it'll probably happen months or possibly even years later)

You're welcome for advertising my characters anytime you wish...although if you plan to, please wait for today's updates I'm about to upload now. There are 25 characters for you to beat now, good luck!

PS : More hate for Choiyer means less remaining for me. Keep it up :DDD
#54  July 27, 2010, 09:15:52 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Slit your balls, we still have more respect for Choiyer than we do you. At least he has less striker and projectile SPAM.

And NOBODY wants to use your stuff. Why do you think we chose to make fun of your video?
#55  July 27, 2010, 09:24:23 pm
  • My power is maximum
  • Never order spooky spaghetti
    • USA
and there's Don Drago's patch which....wait, he never released that.

MYLP.
#56  July 27, 2010, 09:25:56 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Em why what.
#57  July 27, 2010, 09:35:01 pm
    • Hungary
Whoa, so many nice people here, lol!

Why do I feel like installing a forum engine to my site, listening to feedback there and abandoning mugen guild forever, I wonder...
#58  July 27, 2010, 09:35:23 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Well go on, do it.
#59  July 27, 2010, 09:37:05 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
do it and make me mod
#60  July 27, 2010, 09:41:41 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
OK, OK, everybody, cool out a little bit. Choiyer's mad, so let him be mad. Nothing to be done about that. I know how we at Guild get when we see people catching the INTERNET RAEG, and it's not worth looking like an asshat over this and derailing the topic further.

Plus I don't want to see a "let's mock Seravy" thing crop up here, I said that already. Whatever issue anyone has with him is better addressed privately, we've all heard the arguments in public and it doesn't change anything either way.

So, let's drop the insults and be a little mature. Please?

[/scoldingteacher]

Anyway, right now I have some people testing out Haruhi's AI, so I'm letting her sit a while as I continue my dialog with Rina-chan about the Ky-chan voices.

After some thought, I don't really know if I feel like doing Asakura--I started but I'm not getting "the vibe" like I normally do from characters that I'm having fun editing, and when I stop having some kind of fun with editing then I do a shitty job with the character. That being said, I'm going to drop her (and Mikuru, too, probably) from the WIP list (sorry Mosaic  :( ) and focus on something else.

Also, are you ever gonna update your Izuna? ;_;

Actually I did consider creating Kilik from WindyxWindam after making Izuna, and at some point I was thinking of going back to her. Maybe that'll come down the road.

~ZS
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

#61  July 27, 2010, 09:46:50 pm
#62  July 27, 2010, 09:55:58 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
I'm sorry, I just can't stop cringing. ;~;
*keeping original voice forever and everrrrrrr*

Her Samus and Zelda voices in the "Brawl Taunts" are pretty nice, I'll ask her to stick to that range once we have a free-flowing communication going. Just momentai, dude. 8)
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

#63  July 27, 2010, 10:02:14 pm
B-but I hated Brawl Taunts... ;~;
And Street Fighter Club was worse, though she did get Cammy nicely.
Also lol C.Viper scream
#64  July 27, 2010, 11:42:26 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala

:laugh:

If someone rage is laugable now it's not Choiyer's.
#65  July 28, 2010, 01:04:33 am
Don't really see how telling someone they're a sack of shit means I'm raging or anything. Wait, that's cause I'm not. You do know you don't have to be full of righteous fury to say things like that? Well, you do now, so don't worry.

Also I am unfamiliar with MYLP. Google turns up a bunch of acronyms that I am positive do not apply to this context.
#66  July 28, 2010, 02:58:38 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Oh, ok. Still, blowing up and insulting someone (Mind you, you're NOT supposed to act that way on this board) because of a mugen character kinda gives that impression.

Try to keep the discussion about ZS's Haruhi and not as much about Choiyer from now on, people.
#67  July 28, 2010, 03:08:08 am
  • I changed it to match my WIP
    • USA
OK, OK, everybody, cool out a little bit. Choiyer's mad, so let him be mad. Nothing to be done about that. I know how we at Guild get when we see people catching the INTERNET RAEG, and it's not worth looking like an asshat over this and derailing the topic further.

Plus I don't want to see a "let's mock Seravy" thing crop up here, I said that already. Whatever issue anyone has with him is better addressed privately, we've all heard the arguments in public and it doesn't change anything either way.

So, let's drop the insults and be a little mature. Please?

[/scoldingteacher]

Thank GOODNESS someone's mature about this.

Now how long before your Noel is out? I've been waiting for a BB character that doesn't suck, isn't an edit or is a beta.
Spoiler: Works In Progress (click to see content)
#68  July 28, 2010, 03:29:04 am
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
Thank GOODNESS someone's mature about this.

Well, I did say it: we've heard it all before and all it does is get people offended. It's just easier to get on with our lives.

Now how long before your Noel is out? I've been waiting for a BB character that doesn't suck, isn't an edit or is a beta.

I haven't looked at Noel in a while, to be honest. I guess it's because at the time I started messing around with her, Tunglashor's ripper couldn't get all of the data and all of the sprites, so things, like the circles for the intro where she calls her guns, are missing, as is animation data that I really could use for reference.

Add on the fact that (as far as I know) no updates for said ripper have been released AND that I don't have Blazblue (CT or CS) to get the feel I need for Noel, and...yeah.

Plus all of her voices are in Japanese, and while I do understand a little of the language I might be hard-pressed to match sounds properly. (And I WOULD like to release an ENG voice pack too, y'know what I mean?)

Therefore, no release date is on the book. The last thing I want is to make another Mariah. If I did that I'd be really mad at myself.
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

#69  July 28, 2010, 03:33:00 am
  • I changed it to match my WIP
    • USA
I haven't looked at Noel in a while, to be honest. I guess it's because at the time I started messing around with her, Tunglashor's ripper couldn't get all of the data and all of the sprites, so things, like the circles for the intro where she calls her guns, are missing, as is animation data that I really could use for reference.

Add on the fact that (as far as I know) no updates for said ripper have been released AND that I don't have Blazblue (CT or CS) to get the feel I need for Noel, and...yeah.

Plus all of her voices are in Japanese, and while I do understand a little of the language I might be hard-pressed to match sounds properly. (And I WOULD like to release an ENG voice pack too, y'know what I mean?)

Therefore, no release date is on the book. The last thing I want is to make another Mariah. If I did that I'd be really mad at myself.

Okay.

So that Mariah attempt was YOURS? Wow... I remember wanting to edit it myself, but I had even less knowledge of JJBA. Not to mention that Kong's rips were confusing as hell.
Spoiler: Works In Progress (click to see content)
#70  July 28, 2010, 05:51:07 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen don't attempt it.
#71  July 28, 2010, 06:00:27 am
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen don't attempt it.

"No release date on the books" and "the last thing I want to do is make another Mariah" is more or less my way of saying "it's not gonna happen anytime soon if ever, so don't hold your breath".
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

#72  July 28, 2010, 06:17:17 am
Why would you needs updates of the ripper when every sound and sprite is hosted on DustLoop.

Just askin'.
#73  July 28, 2010, 06:17:45 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
To get an idea of how they fit probably.
#74  July 28, 2010, 06:19:00 am
We got Xenozip's frame vid for that.
#75  July 28, 2010, 06:27:27 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Fuck that nigger.
#76  July 28, 2010, 07:13:21 pm
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
Any reason why this is 1.0 only?
#77  July 28, 2010, 07:24:30 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Cause it uses 1.0 exclusive code and that's the version of mugen you're supposed to be using anyway.
#78  July 28, 2010, 07:44:25 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
I can think of maybe two damn things that's worth switching to 1.0 and being an ass about.

1.1, on the other hand, would be understandable.
#79  July 30, 2010, 03:44:17 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
I can think of maybe two damn things that's worth switching to 1.0 and being an ass about.

1.1, on the other hand, would be understandable.

What are the advantages that 1.1 supposed to bring about?
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#80  July 30, 2010, 04:12:00 am
    • USA
#81  July 30, 2010, 04:46:41 am
Also no envshake on explods and shadow-shearing.
And the rendering engine is fucking godly from reports.
#82  July 30, 2010, 09:29:31 am
    • France
Yep, stages which run at 20fps now smoothly run at 60fps on my PC.
#83  August 01, 2010, 03:11:25 am
  • Recreation
Yep, stages which run at 20fps now smoothly run at 60fps on my PC.
What kind of stages.
And I'm back from my break ZS.
Do I still have to test that Haruhi you PM'd me?