YesNoOk

Microsoft COC Change: Watch your mouth Ralphie (Read 4657 times)

Started by Flowrellik, April 02, 2018, 01:21:14 pm
Share this topic:
Microsoft COC Change: Watch your mouth Ralphie
#1  April 02, 2018, 01:21:14 pm
  • Raging Fist
https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/microsoft-code-of-conduct-language-updated/
Apparently, Microsoft has now changed the Codes of Conduct, banning profanity and nudity on pretty much all their programs (Skype, outlook and onedrive included). Now stated in other sources they said they don't intend on doing anything intrusive as spying to ban people so long as no one complains. This change is going to happen on May 1st this year.
Opinions on this guys?
Re: Microsoft COC Change: Watch your mouth Ralphie
#2  April 02, 2018, 02:01:06 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
My opinion?

This idea is stupid and might kill off whatever support they have for their Xbox and Online gaming services. I mean, people cuss and swear all of the time within online gaming and over the mic (which is the reason why I do not have a gaming microphone). Banning swearing is like banning cars in America, it is ridiculous.

Also, what right does Microsoft have to go through my PC and zap any file they might object to? At least I use LibreOffice, so they can't get to me on that. And I don't use any of their other programs like Skype and Onedrive, so they can't get me there either. The only thing they can get me on is their OS and their Edge program.

Although, they say they are taking a purely reactive approach, so if no one complains, then they can't find you. I will hold them to that closely.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
Re: Microsoft COC Change: Watch your mouth Ralphie
#3  April 03, 2018, 12:49:45 pm
meh i don't use them much anyway, and if i do it's just job related.