YesNoOk

(TIMES SQUARE W.I.P.) HEROES GENESIS - Save the cheerleader... (Read 218249 times)

Started by Fob1aZ, July 15, 2014, 12:36:56 pm
Share this topic:
(TIMES SQUARE W.I.P.) HEROES GENESIS - Save the cheerleader...
#1  July 15, 2014, 12:36:56 pm
  • "Some People Are Born To Be Extraordinary"
    • Italy
    • fab.marchetti86@gmail.com

Hello everyone! :) My name is FobiaZ, from Italy. I'm in the Mugen world for more than 10 years and someone could know me for my collaboration with MugenPixart Team, an italian group which's developing Saint Seiya and Samurai Troopers mugen games. By the way I'm here to show some stuff about a personal mugen project, called HEROES GENESIS.

My purpose is to create a 2d fighting game about HEROES, an American sci-fi tv drama series created by Tim Kring and appeared on NBC from 2006 to 2010. The story is about some people around the world who discover to have extraordinary abilities; while some of them hide the thing and try to have a normal life, others try to understand the origin and the reason of their powers. These individuals are destined to save the world, but they will have to guard their backs from a mysterious company that observes them behind the scenes, but above all, from a terrible serial killer who hunts for specials...

Actually my project is going very slowly. I'm working alone and I'm not an expert drawer, so I've searched some good SNK-like characters to use as "starters" for the game characters. The first character I've developed is the main character and my favourite, Peter Petrelli, althrough I hope to develop at least another character and release a first demo of the game. After that, if I'm lucky and I can find some help with the graphical part, I could reach the final goal of 9-12 characters in order to have a full game which tells the events of the first season of the show. Here below you can check the project's main updates and gameplay details:

Characters:

- Peter Petrelli (100%)
- Hiro Nakamura (100%)
- Claire Bennet (10%)
- Nathan Petrelli (1%)
- Gabriel Gray / Sylar (1%)
- Niki Sanders (0%)
- Noah Bennet / H.R.G. (0%)
- Mohinder Suresh (0%)
- Matt Parkman (0%)

Bonus / Secret Characters:

- Claude Rains (1%)
- D.L. Hawkins
- Ted Sprague (0%)
- The Haitian (0%)

Stages:

- Deveaux Building (100%)
- Kirby Plaza (100%)
- Times Square (50%)

Screenpack:

- System (100%)
- Opening sequence (0%)
- Ending sequence (0%)

Gameplay Details:

- Unique Passive Abilities for each character (f.e. Health recovery for Claire, Immunity to time-based moves for Hiro etc.)
- Extendable Special Moves (extensions add more damage and facilitate combos strings; extend a special move requires 1 power bar)
- Breakaway (when juggled, you can accelerate your fall and evade further enemy's combos; this action requires 2 power bars)
- Defensive mechanics (when grounded, you can delay, roll forward or backwards or raise fast and counterattack; these actions require 1 or more power bars)
- 1 Extraordinary Move for Character (a finishing move which could change in relation of character's palette\version)

Future Possibilities:

- Introduction dialogues for\with each character
- Collision Moves (characters collide, and the one who presses the right button in a certain time wins while the loser is damaged)
- Story Mode with Unlockings (using Mugen Story Mode by Kamiloxnumetal)

Screenshots:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Comment please! :)

Mirror topic to MugenPixartTeam here (italian forum)
Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 03:22:06 pm by F0b1aZ
Re: HEROES MUGEN PROJECT
#2  July 15, 2014, 01:28:48 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
This is a very nice idea, and you seem to use a good base for Peter.

However, it's better to focus first on this first character only, and not try to create too much stuff at the same time.
The goal would be to :
- create a full character to show the gameplay system,
- have the whole game system well coded in this character so you can use it as a template for the next characters,
- see how much work it is to sprite and code a full character, so you can tone down your expectations a little (because 10 chars for a beginner spriter is really a lot, I can tell you).

Hope to see more anims soon, as well as a potential movelist for Peter (or would he be like Twelve in SF3, or rather Rogue in MVC, stealing powers from his opponent, since he's a sponge ?).
#3  July 15, 2014, 02:26:59 pm
    • Italy
This is a very nice idea, and you seem to use a good base for Peter.

However, it's better to focus first on this first character only, and not try to create too much stuff at the same time.
The goal would be to :
- create a full character to show the gameplay system,
- have the whole game system well coded in this character so you can use it as a template for the next characters,
- see how much work it is to sprite and code a full character, so you can tone down your expectations a little (because 10 chars for a beginner spriter is really a lot, I can tell you).

Hope to see more anims soon, as well as a potential movelist for Peter (or would he be like Twelve in SF3, or rather Rogue in MVC, stealing powers from his opponent, since he's a sponge ?).

Hi Star Fucker! Thanks for the compliments!

Yeah, I'm working only on Peter Petrelli in order to develop the basic code for the next ones. I know it will take time but I'm sure it will be a good game if I develop all my ideas!

About Peter's movelist, he will have all characters' auto-abilities (one thing I forgot to write is that every character will have an auto-ability active during all the match: f.e. Niki will have a shield just like Colossus, Claire the ability to recover a portion of life after first k.o., Hiro the immunity to time-based attacks) and 1 Special Move taken from each other character (f.e. Telekinetic Push from Sylar, Time Slowing from Hiro, Lift from Nathan etc.), but less powerful\effective: in this way Peter won't be too much almighty.

By the way in the future I would like to develop a "Fugitive" version of the char: since in that season he can absorb one power at once and have full control of it, he could have different single-power-based movelists selectable by palette and intros (f.e. palette 001 he shake hands with Nathan absorbing his power, palette 002 with Matt etc.). How you can read, I'm forward-looking and have clear ideas about the project! :D
Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 02:35:47 pm by FobiaZz
#4  July 15, 2014, 07:09:19 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
This is looking awesome. I never thinking seeing Heroes in MUGEN.
#5  July 16, 2014, 02:25:03 pm
    • Italy
#6  July 17, 2014, 12:53:18 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
I never thought too. :) I think the world of MUGEN needs characters like these ones.

I thinking the same way bro. Keep it up. I'll be watching the whole progress. :thumbsup:
#7  July 18, 2014, 02:33:15 am
  • Just your regular user
  • The Dragon is Here!
    • Mexico
    • twitch.tv/dragonofcourage90
Are going to put the finishing moves in the same style of Guilty Gear and BlazBlue?
The Dragon is here!
#8  July 18, 2014, 10:47:12 am
    • Italy
Are going to put the finishing moves in the same style of Guilty Gear and BlazBlue?

Hi Dragon! I don't know the mechanic of BlazBlue and Guilty Gear finishers because I never played them (I just saw gameplay videos). I thought something like x-ray moves btw If you know how BB & GG finishers work (requirements to activatation, power, gauge etc.) could you please explain me in this topic? It could be very useful!
#9  July 18, 2014, 03:10:29 pm
  • Just your regular user
  • The Dragon is Here!
    • Mexico
    • twitch.tv/dragonofcourage90
For Guilty Gear, you can activate it by pressing the four attack buttons and then execute the proper command, make sure you gained enough power gauge before activate it or elsewhere your character loses a bit of life gauge unless you press the four attack buttons to deactivate it. It can be used once.

For BlazBlue, in your "match point", make sure you got the power gauge is full and then check if your opponent is at least 35% of his/her lifebar to perform it. Once you complete the specific conditions, execute it with the proper command. As of Chronophantasma, you don't need the burst icons.

I recommend you to use the BlazBlue method.
The Dragon is here!
#10  July 18, 2014, 06:43:57 pm
    • Italy
For Guilty Gear, you can activate it by pressing the four attack buttons and then execute the proper command, make sure you gained enough power gauge before activate it or elsewhere your character loses a bit of life gauge unless you press the four attack buttons to deactivate it. It can be used once.

For BlazBlue, in your "match point", make sure you got the power gauge is full and then check if your opponent is at least 35% of his/her lifebar to perform it. Once you complete the specific conditions, execute it with the proper command. As of Chronophantasma, you don't need the burst icons.

I recommend you to use the BlazBlue method.

Ok therefore BlazBlue finishers are bond to enemy's health, althrough I would prefer to avoid those dipendences from lifebars in favor of a smart gameplay, Btw I'll consider it eventually. Thanks! :)
#11  July 19, 2014, 05:39:51 am
  • wumbo
    • USA
    • jacksonqjones@gmail.com
    • captmugen.weebly.com
The guy's coat (on the standing sprite goes down to his legs but you cant see any of the coat between his legs, just saying.
Other than that its pretty nice
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#12  July 20, 2014, 04:15:09 am
    • Italy
The guy's coat (on the standing sprite goes down to his legs but you cant see any of the coat between his legs, just saying.
Other than that its pretty nice

Hi 21! There is the coat between the legs but is a bit short. and dark. I'll extend it later. ;) Thanks!
#13  July 24, 2014, 02:57:50 pm
    • Italy
Here is the new standing with improved lower coat part:

Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 05:44:46 pm by FobiaZz
#14  November 20, 2014, 12:36:22 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
No problem man, take your time. ;)

And nice progress! :thumbsup:
#15  November 27, 2014, 01:15:17 pm
    • Italy
Thanks! :)
#16  November 28, 2014, 10:07:31 pm
Wow, this looks awesome, really liking those peter petrelli sprites

Monkey D. Luffy W.I.P Thanks to C.R.O.M Lando
#17  December 02, 2014, 02:21:07 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Sweet
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#18  December 06, 2015, 09:18:44 pm
    • Italy
Wow, a year is gone! Oo By the way, I was able to draw the entire walking animation for Peter! :D
Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 01:08:15 am by F0b1aZ
#19  December 09, 2015, 06:33:18 pm
  • Young Coder
    • USA
for something like this i think you should get the boring stuff out of the way first the the get hit required sprites.
mugen or nothin

#20  December 09, 2015, 06:38:54 pm
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
liking the progress
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#21  December 10, 2015, 12:45:52 am
    • Italy
for something like this i think you should get the boring stuff out of the way first the the get hit required sprites.

You're right, usually i start to draw / restyle gethit sprites after basical movements (walk, jump) 'cause they're similar each other.
Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 09:29:29 pm by F0b1aZ
#22  December 10, 2015, 02:44:00 am
  • Young Coder
    • USA
mugen or nothin

HEROES MUGEN PROJECT
#23  January 31, 2016, 09:09:22 pm
    • Italy
Hi all! I'm sorry for my long missing from the site, I'm actually really busy with MugenPixart Team's Saint Seiya Legend Mugen Project and a new, real-life job! ^^

By the way, I'm still on Peter's basical movements, the only thing I have to do is the walking backwards animation and a pair of frames for the intros (I've drawn 3 intros, 3 winposes and the time over lose), once I'll finish these ones I'll start coding the character.

Another thing: during Xmas Holidays I've drawn and coded the screenpack. :) It's for Mugen 1.1 and includes scores and fonts from original TV series. Some pics:

I hope to code soon Peter to make a good video of my WIP! :)

Have faith, I'm still alive! ;)
Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 10:23:10 pm by F0b1aZ
#24  February 01, 2016, 10:51:41 am
  • The Yatagarasu will be coming in any moment.
Hi Sir! I am so amazed to see your work on Heroes project and I really love it! I always imagined a few Heroes characters in KOF style after a few months I learned about Mugen, but that was 8 years ago. Great to see you work on the project! ;D I'm sure I will keep on eye on this project much.
Titiln said:
focus more and stop thinking about things like the internet or titties

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.
Re: HEROES MUGEN PROJECT (NBC Tv Series)
#25  February 18, 2016, 02:45:48 pm
    • Italy
Hi Sir! I am so amazed to see your work on Heroes project and I really love it! I always imagined a few Heroes characters in KOF style after a few months I learned about Mugen, but that was 8 years ago. Great to see you work on the project! ;D I'm sure I will keep on eye on this project much.

Thanks Enso! ^^
Re: (NBC Tv Series) HEROES MUGEN PROJECT
#26  March 13, 2016, 05:38:20 pm
    • Italy
Project updates:

I've drawn and coded all basic movements for Peter, plus the guard (in the future I'll assign a button to do it), intro poses, victory poses (one of them triggers with perfect win) and time over lose (where he's near to explode). I've also included in-game messages in MvsC style (I'm not really sure to put all of them, I think I'll left just the "first hit" and "danger" ones). Hope to post a video soon.
Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 09:28:54 pm by F0b1aZ
Re: (NBC Tv Series) HEROES MUGEN PROJECT (-> PETER 1ST VIDEO!)
#27  March 14, 2016, 07:33:20 am
I love how you got started with adding some animations for Peter and completed the screen pack. Hope to see more.
Titiln said:

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.
Re: (NBC Tv Series) HEROES MUGEN PROJECT (-> PETER 1ST VIDEO!)
#28  March 21, 2016, 06:53:49 pm
    • Italy
I love how you got started with adding some animations for Peter and completed the screen pack. Hope to see more.

Thanks Enso! ^^ I hope to show you more in the next days, if job allows me to do it! :)
Re: (NBC Tv Series) HEROES MUGEN PROJECT [-> PETER 1ST VIDEO!]
#29  June 30, 2016, 12:10:00 pm
    • Italy
Hi all guys! :D

I'm back to report you I've finished to draw and code Peter's frames when hitted (the 5XXX group, for experts). Probably I'll add some new frames in the future for custom states like strangled (by telekinesis or super-strenghten hand), frozen or burned, however by now I'll proceed with punches and kicks.

I've also started to draw some frames for Claude Rains, the invisible man, who'll be the trainer in the game (I'm curious to find out how to code it) as long as his stage, the Deveaux Rooftop (I've used frames from various SNK stages and previous works of mine, the only thing I have to do is re-draw the statue and add some staffs and pigeons on the wall).

To celebrate the update, here below you can see a comic-like screenshot of the game, with balloons and quotes from the show! :)

TRIVIA: Can you remember the name of the episode? :D
Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 01:00:00 am by F0b1aZ
Re: (NBC Tv Series) HEROES MUGEN PROJECT [-> PETER 1ST VIDEO!]
#30  June 30, 2016, 12:16:17 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
I really hope the sprites are unfinished, because there is much pillow shading going on here...
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#31  July 01, 2016, 01:56:11 am
    • Italy
I really hope the sprites are unfinished, because there is much pillow shading going on here...

They're finished imho, as I said I'm not an expert drawer. If someday someone would like to improve them he'll be welcome.
Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 08:21:54 am by FobiaZz
#32  July 05, 2016, 08:25:40 am
Claude's pants looks pillow-shaded. The lighting for KOF has to hit light from diagonally above if you want to make a KOF sprite style. Even his shoulders and arms on his coat. Use character references such as Iori, Mr. Big, Robert, whoever for the clothing reference to shade. I'm not an expert on KOF style though but I understand the way KOF sprite style works. You just gotta imitate the shading of clothes, skin, and even proportions of chars. Good luck.

Godsend?
Titiln said:

#33  July 05, 2016, 03:25:33 pm
    • Italy
Claude's pants looks pillow-shaded. The lighting for KOF has to hit light from diagonally above if you want to make a KOF sprite style. Even his shoulders and arms on his coat. Use character references such as Iori, Mr. Big, Robert, whoever for the clothing reference to shade. I'm not an expert on KOF style though but I understand the way KOF sprite style works. You just gotta imitate the shading of clothes, skin, and even proportions of chars. Good luck.

Godsend?

Ok I'll check for the lights. No, it was not Godsend! :P
#34  July 06, 2016, 01:25:42 pm
    • Italy
Probably I could do it better, but I'm not an expert drawer, so I'm not good at emulate other styles.
Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 01:28:36 am by F0b1aZ
#35  July 09, 2016, 12:19:05 pm
OK. I didn't know you can't emulate that style, but I'm rooting for you on this project. Keep up the good work, man. I think if you can't emulate, you can frankensprite.

http://irwt.iammanyninjas.com/sprite-kof.html

Trying my best to help you on it.
Titiln said:

#36  July 09, 2016, 05:50:26 pm
Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 05:54:12 pm by Sin-
#37  July 11, 2016, 12:12:38 pm
    • Italy
Thank you guys! I'll fix these things for both characters!
#38  November 02, 2016, 03:29:26 pm
    • Italy
Hi guys! I recently found the time to reprise the project, and I finally fixed the pillow shading on Peter's coat (thanks againt to Enso and AlexSin for notice).
Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 01:00:59 am by F0b1aZ
#39  November 02, 2016, 09:32:28 pm
Now there's another thing that doesn't look good in the new sprites (in the coat) and it's called staircase banding. In the link I gave you above search for that term (or for "fat pixels"), it should show you a picture.
The problem with the sprites is that you're trying to make the outlines too evident, but you're doing the wrong way, so try to break the lines a bit.
@MotorRoach: (sorry for notifying you) had an image showing how to do that.
#40  November 02, 2016, 09:45:23 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Or Google search it and get these two images as results:

This is a generic forum signature.
#41  November 03, 2016, 12:35:44 pm
    • Italy
Oook I understand guys!

If I go for just Fix 1 only, it will be enough good? 'Cause the Fix 2 expects the use of extra colors and I would like to avoid that.
#42  November 03, 2016, 12:41:45 pm
the chars are great, I loved the first series,and Peter Petrelli could be a good base for...Marty McFly!!!!!!

#43  November 03, 2016, 02:49:54 pm
    • Italy
#44  November 03, 2016, 04:03:32 pm
Hello My friend
For Now too many project. ..And not enough time..
I don t think i Will make more robots

#45  November 04, 2016, 05:04:15 pm
    • Italy
Hello My friend
For Now too many project. ..And not enough time..
I don t think i Will make more robots

No one better than me can understand you...I'm so busy I don't know if I'll go on with the Saints!

#46  January 09, 2017, 06:13:37 pm
    • Italy
Slowly, very slowly, Peter proceeds. I've done light and strong punches (I'll do a 3rd punch too, for combos).

Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 10:08:04 pm by F0b1aZ
#47  February 24, 2017, 10:49:44 pm
    • Italy
Hi everyone! :D

For those who are keeping an eye on my project, you'll glad to know that the first character of the game, Peter Petrelli, is almost complete. :)

The percentage of completion is 70% right now. I've drawn and coded all basic movements and poses, all punches and most of the special moves, as well as their corrisponding enchanced versions (I remember that the character won't have hypers but powered-up versions of his special moves, just like in the latest MK games).

This weekend I'll start drawing the kicks. After these ones, I'll proceed with the last special move and, at last, the extraordinary move (the Move with the M upcase, 'cause it will require 3 bars of energy and it will be awesome in both visual and destructive term).

I'll share a video with you once the special moves will be completed, so you'll find out what this character can do in-game! :)

Stay tuned!!!

Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 01:02:05 am by F0b1aZ
#48  February 24, 2017, 11:05:04 pm
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
had no idea this was going on. this is gonna be awesome! im keepin my eye on this!
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#49  March 02, 2017, 09:53:51 am
    • Italy
Thanks! ^^
New #50  May 23, 2017, 11:04:33 pm
    • Italy

YATTA'!  :sugoi: At last I did it: I created my personal Mugen channel on YouTube Streamable account and loaded the first video for Heroes Mugen Project, starring the main protagonist of the series: Peter Petrelli!

Here you can see a showcase of Peter's special moves (you can press start to view all movements), as well as the attack mechanic of the extended moves. Just like in the Mortal Kombat latest installement (MK11), the extensions can be activated during a special move by a single command to add more damage and facilitate combo strings. The final move, the Extraordinary Move, now can be activated when life is equal or lower than 25% and can be used only once in a match (just like MK11's Fatal Blow).

N.B. The one showed is the "Season 1" version of the character, therefore based on the season 1 of the tv show in which Peter owns different "powers" represented by special moves of various types taken from other characters. By the way, I've almost finished to develop other 3 versions of the character: "Season 2" and  "Season 3" versions (with different special moves, always of various types) and "Season 4" version (which can use only one type of special moves at the time, stealing it from the enemies). I'll show them in future videos.

See ya!  ;) :goi:
Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 03:31:25 am by F0b1aZ
#51  May 24, 2017, 04:46:18 am
I love the progress you got so far. Peter sprites look like they have been improved. I really love the abilities he has. Quite creative.
Titiln said:

Re: (NBC Tv Series) HEROES MUGEN PROJECT **PETER 2ND VIDEO (pag. 3)**
#52  May 24, 2017, 11:45:05 pm
    • Italy
Thank you Enzo! Glad to see you always following in those years! T T ^^
Re: (NBC Tv Series) HEROES MUGEN PROJECT **PETER UPDATES (pag. 3)**
#53  November 13, 2017, 08:58:29 am
Great work!

The fingers covering on the front side on his right hand (viewer's left) need to be refined to make it look like KOF. Also, the parallel of his right forearm looks out of place. The crease on the right side of his coat would need some little gradient in order to make it stand out. There are some fat pixels around that exist.

Keep up, man.
Titiln said:

#54  December 11, 2017, 11:44:54 pm
    • Italy
Great work!

The fingers covering on the front side on his right hand (viewer's left) need to be refined to make it look like KOF. Also, the parallel of his right forearm looks out of place. The crease on the right side of his coat would need some little gradient in order to make it stand out. There are some fat pixels around that exist.

Keep up, man.

Thanks Enso!

Actually I'm focusing on beta testing to delete any possible bug before start coding the infamous AI. Once I'll have finished all this coding things, I'll go fix those fat pixel once for all! ;)
Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 09:44:49 pm by F0b1aZ
#55  December 12, 2017, 07:47:23 pm
Great work!

Keep up, man.

Thanks Enso!

This weekend I've completed all the FX and now I'm focusing on beta testing to delete any possible bug before start coding the infamous AI. Once I'll have finished all this coding things, I'll go fix those fat pixel once for all! ;)

On the way, I've also added a variation to the character (selectable though the Start button) which modifies some special moves into brand-new ones seen in Heroes Vol.2 (f.e. Phasing and Electricity taking place of Invisibility & Radioactivity) just for experimentation. Here's an image:

Could the Start mode feature his evil version, it could just be an all clothes dark pal swap like in that one episode.
#56  December 13, 2017, 09:19:08 am
    • Italy

Could the Start mode feature his evil version, it could just be an all clothes dark pal swap like in that one episode.

It's a good idea! :) Btw I'll leave at least two dark palettes in the good version since Peter goes "bad" in a short period during Season 1 too.

#57  January 16, 2018, 12:58:54 am
    • Italy
PETER COMPLETED! :D

At least, Season 1 version :).

What's next? I'll work on another character to make it fight with Peter, thereafter I'll release a first demo of the game!

Stay tuned and, if someday you want to help me to complete this game, I'll appreciate it! :)
Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 10:15:46 pm by F0b1aZ
#58  January 18, 2018, 05:41:16 am
    • Italy
Poll added! Who is the next character you would see in the game? Vote above and comment here. :)
Re: HEROES MUGEN PROJECT (NBC Tv Series) LET'S POOL!
#59  January 23, 2018, 07:41:35 pm
  • M.U.G.E.N. Where dreams are made...
    • Mexico
    • www.sanctuarysoldiers.com
Hiro Of Course!!!! glad to see ya man

CLICK FOR DEVIANTART´S

Just Looking for some Real Fun...
#60  January 27, 2018, 06:31:20 pm
    • Italy
Hi Tsao-ri!!! :D Thanks for the vote! ^^ Good luck with Hyoga, your work is incredible!
#61  January 28, 2018, 04:16:48 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Hiro was one of the reasons I loved this series. I really would love to see him in Mugen one day, so that's my vote.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#62  January 30, 2018, 10:36:50 pm
    • Italy
Hiro is the favorite for now, I see! :) So I'll make some sprites soon. For the clothes I'll use as reference this screenshot taken from the official mobile game. See ya soon!

Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 10:28:15 pm by F0b1aZ
#63  August 15, 2018, 11:01:40 pm
    • Italy
Hi there! The project proceeds veeeery slowly, but it's still active!

I'm going further with the winner of the poll, Hiro Nakamura. It's a challenge for me 'cause it's the first time I'm working on a character armed with a sword...btw I'm studying characters' sprites from Last Blade and Samurai Showdown to make it.

Basic animations sprites are done, and I'll begin with gethit sprites soon. I've also made sprites for the special move which slows or freezes time (already seen in Peter).

EDIT: In the last days of vacation I've created a new stage: Kirby Plaza! Hope you like!

Some pics:

See ya!
Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 10:31:21 pm by F0b1aZ
Re: HEROES MUGEN PROJECT (NBC Tv Series) HIRO SNEAK PEEK
#64  August 15, 2018, 11:41:11 pm
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
"Yatta!"

Hiro, my favourite character in Heroes.
Awesome to see you back, and this is good. I really can't wait to see more, as always.
The study on the Last Blade, and Samurai Shodown is a great thing to do, might make a lot more creative moves and more solid smooth animations.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
Re: HEROES MUGEN PROJECT (NBC Tv Series) NEW ENTRY
#65  September 01, 2018, 10:53:51 pm
    • Italy
Veeery small project update: Mohinder Suresh will be a playable character!

I don't know which kind of moves will have, but he deserves to appear in the game 'cause in the tv series is one of the main characters and its storyline is interesting. If you have suggestions you can post them here! :)

P.S. Pool updated!
Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 11:09:53 pm by FobiaZz
Re: HEROES MUGEN PROJECT (NBC Tv Series) POLL UPDATED
#66  September 10, 2018, 04:35:15 pm
Hiro needs a lot of work on shading, creases of clothes, sword, and some others. The end of the sword looks like it got cut off.

The stage looks like it's too square-y in different places. But I also know it's very difficult to do in stages.

So far, you did a good job on those sprites. I know spriting is difficult. But you can do it. :) Keep up.
Titiln said:

Re: HEROES MUGEN PROJECT (NBC Tv Series) POLL UPDATED
#67  November 17, 2018, 12:23:45 pm
    • Italy
Hi everyone! Here we go with few updates on the screenpack and a first view of the third character in development, who won the last poll: Claire Bennet, aka the Cheerleader!

Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 10:30:49 pm by F0b1aZ
Re: HEROES MUGEN PROJECT (NBC Tv Series) Claire & screenpack updates
#68  November 17, 2018, 03:02:51 pm
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
I love it, Claire looks pretty cool.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
#69  January 17, 2019, 11:23:14 pm
    • Italy
#70  January 18, 2019, 12:05:13 pm
There's a lot of sprites that need to be improved including the shape of the face and stuff. But so far, this is good work.
Titiln said:

#71  February 13, 2019, 11:14:33 pm
    • Italy
There's a lot of sprites that need to be improved including the shape of the face and stuff. But so far, this is good work.

Yeah, you're right. I hope someone will help me with all this stuff someday! :)
#72  May 06, 2019, 05:29:49 pm
    • Italy
Hi guys! Did you miss me? :P Here are some Hiro Nakamura's updates:

1) Sword fixed (previously resembled a light saber, my fault);
2) Gethit sprites completed;
3) 2 new special moves ongoing (sword-based attacks) in addiction to Teleport and Time Stop, for a total of 4 special moves;
4) Extraordinary move ongoing (Hiro teleports behind the enemy and stabs him; needs blood FX and a little fix on sword's height);
Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 01:20:34 am by F0b1aZ
Re: HEROES MUGEN PROJECT (NBC Tv Series) Hiro updates
#73  May 06, 2019, 06:18:56 pm
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
YATTA!!! :D
This is epic, love it, and the stance looks pretty awesome, so does the sword.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
#74  May 07, 2019, 12:54:51 pm
    • Italy
#75  August 05, 2019, 12:19:38 am
    • Italy
Hi everyone! Here's a recap of the works.

Hiro: The character is about 70% done. I've completed the EX move and coded the last 2 special moves, btw punches and kicks are still missing (I've found a video about a real japanese sword artist, I'm trying to reproduce graphically his skills).

Peter: I've completed the Season 1 version of this character months ago, by the way I've almost completed both Season 2 and Season 3 versions (with different moves) and working on Season 4 version, totally different: in this version Peter can copy just one ability at time from the enemy (plus 2 of its signature special moves) though an unique grab-like special move, in the same way of Rogue from MvsC. The real challenge has been to create all special abilities he could steal, but I've almost added all the moves acquireable from season 1 characters.

Claire, Nathan, Sylar and Claude: I've scratched their standing animations, but I want to finish Peter and Hiro before continue them.

Thanks to the fans of the project! I hope to show you something soon. Bye!
Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 09:55:22 pm by F0b1aZ
Re: HEROES GENESIS - Peter Gameplay and Attach Mechanics
#76  November 11, 2019, 02:07:09 am
  • Future Funk Punk
    • Canada
Great stuff man  :bjugoi:
Re: HEROES GENESIS - Peter Gameplay and Attack Mechanics
#77  November 12, 2019, 05:04:59 pm
    • Italy
#78  November 12, 2019, 10:00:16 pm
  • M.U.G.E.N. Where dreams are made...
    • Mexico
    • www.sanctuarysoldiers.com
Excellent  work my friend, looking forward to Hiro :) i like him very much, also great job on the codes :)

CLICK FOR DEVIANTART´S

Just Looking for some Real Fun...
#79  November 18, 2019, 12:58:51 am
    • Italy
Excellent  work my friend, looking forward to Hiro :) i like him very much, also great job on the codes :)

Thanks Tsaori! I'm very proud of the code, and surprises aren't finished yet! :)
#80  December 08, 2019, 05:52:12 am
It's excellent so far. I love it!
Titiln said:

#81  December 12, 2019, 07:51:34 pm
    • Italy
#82  May 29, 2020, 08:22:07 pm
    • Italy
The Exploding Man vs The Master Of Time And Space! Who will win? (A taste of incoming video)

Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 12:36:28 pm by F0b1aZ
#83  June 01, 2020, 09:47:23 pm
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Awesome, looking forward to the video!
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
#84  June 01, 2020, 11:21:16 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Nice to see this project is still alive.
Is that Kensei?
#85  June 02, 2020, 09:32:51 pm
    • Italy
New #86  June 18, 2020, 09:39:08 pm
    • Italy

Finally, the Japanese swordsman shows himself in a video!

Winner of the first poll (about 2 years ago) in which I asked which character you would have liked to see in the game after Peter, Hiro Nakamura is probably the most famous character in the TV series (his sentences "Save the Cheerleader, Save the World" and "Yattà" are very popular among fans and less fans). His power is space-time manipulation, which allows it to freeze time and teleport (useful for controlling the battlefield and avoiding attacks). In addition, Hiro wields a sword to compensate for his lack of offense.

In this video you can see his basic movements, special attacks (with enhancements), extraordinary move (which can be delayed), as well as some defensive moves common to all characters and taken by MK11: rolling (forward or backward after the fall), breakaway (accelerates the fall, avoiding the combos), get up attack (fast attack after the fall) and the perfect block (which can be followed by a get up attack). Currently these defensive moves consume the same bar as the offensive moves, but I plan to separate it into two different bars in the future.

Hiro is almost complete (only punches and kicks are missing, with the exception of the crouching punch). In the next video, I will show Peter again (with a new variant) and the combo system.

See ya! ;)
Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 03:33:20 am by F0b1aZ
Re: HEROES GENESIS - Hiro Gameplay and Defense Mechanics
#87  June 22, 2020, 04:33:42 pm
  • AVP Project
    • Spain
    • sergeusmugen.blogspot.com
GREAT! love it! Nice work with this char, and all the project
#88  July 11, 2020, 06:40:41 pm
    • Italy
Thanks a lot!
New #89  August 11, 2021, 05:20:11 pm
    • Italy

Sometimes they come back!

As I promised about a year ago (such a shame  :mhmm:) I show you the combo mechanics in this video. Peter's combos are ready, Hiro's ones not yet due to lack of graphics (the last week I was able to draw some punches, so is close to be finished). Also, the Peter shown in this video is the Season 2 version, with some new special moves (Super Strenght instead of Flight, for example) and an all-new Extraodinary Move (based on a removed scene from the Season 2).

My hope for the future is to finish at least these two characters and release a demo. Not easy, due to the studies and the hot of this days  :P. Wish me good luck!  :)
Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 03:34:42 am by F0b1aZ
Re: HEROES GENESIS - Combo Mechanics
#90  September 05, 2021, 10:20:45 am
Nice work! Peter could have the ability to teleport or heal, probably depending which opponent he's facing. Maybe, let's say, for example, Peter faces Nathan and he does the flight. We know his power is mimicry. Question is, how is he gonna perform an imitation while confronting the opponent? Sorry for saying this due to much sprite work. But so far, it's great work on the video. I love how Peter goes. I guess you are one-man army on the Heroes project or is there someone helping you with it?
Titiln said:

Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 10:23:57 am by Enso
#91  September 08, 2021, 01:47:51 am
    • Italy
Nice work! Peter could have the ability to teleport or heal, probably depending which opponent he's facing. Maybe, let's say, for example, Peter faces Nathan and he does the flight. We know his power is mimicry. Question is, how is he gonna perform an imitation while confronting the opponent? Sorry for saying this due to much sprite work. But so far, it's great work on the video. I love how Peter goes. I guess you are one-man army on the Heroes project or is there someone helping you with it?

Hi Enso! Glad to see you around after all this time! :)

About Peter, actually the versions I've shown (S1 and S2) can do 6 special moves (each taken from a character) for all the match, no matter who's the opponent or his/her ability.

A version not yet shown (S4) starts the match with 2 special moves of a single ability (just Flight, or just Super Strength, it's random), plus a special throw witch allows him, if succeeds, to replace those 2 starting special moves with 2 taken from the enemy. Very cool, but it's very long to complete! :lol:

The idea you had is good and legitimate, and can be realized for S1 and S2. Instead of 6 special moves, Peter could have 5 of them, plus one which changes automatically depending from the opponent. In case the opponent's ability is already present in those 5 moves, he'll acquire another move; if the opponent hasn't abilities, instead, it will have a "powerless" move to compensate! :) Do you like?

Thanks for the appreciations! I'm officially one-man army, but some time ago All-Star Platinium gave a hand drawing some sprites for Claire. I'd try to contact him and/or look for others to help!
Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 01:06:18 am by F0b1aZ
#92  September 10, 2021, 07:11:28 pm
    • Italy
Here's a demo of Hiro's and Claire's palettes, among with the unpixelled scratch of a new stage: Times Square. ^_^

Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 10:32:15 pm by F0b1aZ
Re: HEROES GENESIS - Save the cheerleader, save the world! :)
#93  February 22, 2022, 10:41:10 am
    • Italy
HIRO COMPLETED!  ;):goi:

Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 09:48:34 pm by F0b1aZ
#94  February 22, 2022, 06:18:14 pm
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Awesome, congratulations! YATTA!  ;D
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
#95  February 24, 2022, 10:35:59 pm
    • Italy
Awesome, congratulations! YATTA!  ;D

Thanks dude! Wow, you're from Norway! It is cold? :D

Now that Hiro is complete, I'll do some bug testing for both Hiro and Peter, then I'll finally release a beta of the game! :D

THREAD EDIT: I noticed I've lost a lot of images, so I've shinked the thread by modyfing or deleting old messages. ::)

Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 10:41:42 pm by F0b1aZ
#96  March 12, 2022, 06:50:09 pm
    • Italy
I'm tryin'..!

Re: (TIMES SQUARE W.I.P.) HEROES GENESIS - Save the cheerleader...
#97  March 21, 2022, 08:29:19 pm
    • Italy
The biggest is done! :) By the way I noticed I was drawing it too much big!  >_<  I had to resize all to 25%  T_T

Missing:

- Advices on various squares (they will be various quotes from Heroes universe, from Vote Petrelli to 9th Wonders).
- People.
- Cars.

Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 09:33:52 pm by F0b1aZ
#98  May 03, 2022, 01:55:44 pm
Wow! Long time no look on this thread! I didn't know you updated it weeks ago!

Now with the Heroes history with you from that day you started Peter till you finished both him and Hiro, so it's "Yatta!" for Hiro. Now it's time to save the cheerleader! If the final product comes, that would mean you have/had saved the world. LOL

You can find those stuff from Beat 'Em Ups, RPGs, Shooters (horizontal and vertical shooters), and stuff to add as backgrounds. Or do you want them to be made from scratch?
Titiln said:

#99  May 10, 2022, 10:00:39 pm
    • Italy
Hi Enso! Glad you give a look here sometimes! :D

Yes, Peter and Hiro are completed and Claire is on the works! After that I'll release a public demo...it's 7 years since I've started it all! :')

Thanks for the advice about the stage! I've found some cars in a SNK stage, all I should do is adapt them to the stage's style :P.