YesNoOk

Ad fly (Read 50459 times)

Started by JustNoPoint, June 24, 2016, 05:47:10 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ad fly
#61  October 03, 2016, 07:36:58 pm
look at the rates page i linked to and combine those numbers with the total downloads (except the appliable number is probably lower, i don't know if he splits the money with the other creators and i don't know when the site started counting total downloads, but it probably counted before he started using adfly)
#62  October 03, 2016, 11:17:10 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Regardless of O Ilu's financial status, the safety of people's accounts has to come first. I can't think of a compromise that wouldn't negatively impact O Ilu, but as one of the largest English-speaking MUGEN hubs, that's not something we're supposed to figure out in the first place. It's harsh, yes, but keeping everyone's computers safe takes precedence.
#63  October 03, 2016, 11:33:00 pm
  • Why do the avatars have to be so damn small :c
    • USA
    • brawlyoshi@gmail.com
No one (in the staff) said we should reconsider this. Everyone's trying to convince Ilu to abandon it, and the outcome is quite clear if he doesn't.

Judging from their posts, I assume Iced and Just No Point are still adamant about keeping brazilmugenteam unblacklisted. The only mods who believe in the contrary are Orochi Gill and Person Man (the latter converted after I made this original post).

I wouldn't be surprised if they were still biased as they let O Ilu do this for years on end without being reprimanded, and this whole thing would've never had happened if I hadn't brought it up (and it would've died quickly too if Titlin and Red Navi had never said anything).
Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 12:00:09 am by BrawlTheMan
#64  October 03, 2016, 11:44:49 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
^my bad.

ftr I'm against adfly in any way or shape and still think backing off from a full ban was a dumb idea.
#65  October 04, 2016, 12:12:07 am
I wouldn't be surprised if they were still biased as they let O Ilu do this for years on end without being reprimanded, and this whole thing would've never had happened if I hadn't brought it up (and it would've died quickly too if Titlin and Red Navi had never said anything).
in all fairness the gray area they had was for everybody that used adfly for their own content, not specific to ilu. the idea that such a gray area existed in the first place seemed insane to me, considering the mugen archive thread made it seem like adfly was the next black plague.
#66  October 04, 2016, 12:19:26 am
Judging from their posts, I assume Iced and Just No Point are still adamant about keeping brazilmugenteam unblacklisted.
Their posts are dated 3 months back, this thread was revived and moved here when someone asked about O Ilu's site specifically. They haven't posted about it much since.
Also judging from their old posts, they're not so much adamant about keeping BMT links clear as they are about not policing too much. This isn't a "double standard" issue, they just don't know what to do with adfly links as a whole.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#67  October 04, 2016, 01:30:09 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
I actually loathe ad referrers as a whole

I have ad fly blocked entirely on my end
#68  October 04, 2016, 01:32:22 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Judging from their posts, I assume Iced and Just No Point are still adamant about keeping brazilmugenteam unblacklisted.
Their posts are dated 3 months back, this thread was revived and moved here when someone asked about O Ilu's site specifically. They haven't posted about it much since.
Also judging from their old posts, they're not so much adamant about keeping BMT links clear as they are about not policing too much. This isn't a "double standard" issue, they just don't know what to do with adfly links as a whole.
This pretty much.

Weve always taken things to votes, and while my opinion hasnt changed.
(IE I think that people that do this are fucking over their fans with ridiculously unsafe procedures for profit margins of cents) I dont want to go around over-policing eveyrthing.

at the time it was decided to lock out mugen archive over their practices and how they were using other people work to generate profit , and they'll remain locked out, the behaviour of their admins and their sheer disrespect for everyone shows that was the right choice.

About bmt and the like? Lets see.
Imo what happened in the release thread was good, people got angry about the choice and started using URL Decrypters, while warning the author of the dangers of using what he uses. If the author chooses to ignore , well thats again them fucking up their fans. But at least we should guarantee that whoever accesses them from the guild is properly warned about the links potential dnager.
Seems like the bare minimum.
#69  October 04, 2016, 03:26:24 am
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Hi there. It seems that, even unintentionally, I ended up causing some discomfort here.
I was busy and this forum got blocked at my job, so I wasn't able to reply.

Its kinda funny how the subject gone from Ad Fly, to my financial status and to if I am well-connected here, but I will skip this subject.

The moment someone we like...
Are you sure about this? I don't think so, lol. Its quite the opposite...Some people who posted here have clear grudges against me (without a reason, may I say) and loved to poke at me, but, again, I will skip this subject.

First, I would like to thank everyone who posted here, specially JNP which had a long discussion with me, trying to explain the situation to me.
Second, I decided to remove the AD REFERRALS ARE FORBIDDEN from my site. Yes, it helps me to pay my host but maybe I can find another way to make it.

I decide to make this not because I could get blacklisted here since I won't mind too much (sorry if I sound arrogant, its not my intention). Its more a matter of respect to many people who like my work and had messaged me about this.

So I will be removing all those links from my website, but this will take time until I clear it. I hope you guys understand.

Thanks everyone.
#70  October 04, 2016, 04:02:07 am
    • Morocco
Mugen Archive specifically is hosting other people's content without their permission while also hiding it behind dangerous, virus infested ads. It's the combination of both things that puts it over the line; I agree that we should be careful and try to avoid policing the community but there are still some things that are beyond the pale.

Mugen Archive is my no 1 go to for downloads.

Can you guys give me an alternative to this site ?
#71  October 04, 2016, 04:10:59 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I have a fine one I use called Google

Barring that, you can always use the request board to find things that you are looking for or the Does it exist? topic

Be advised, I run occasional clean-up on that topic and if it takes me two seconds to Google your answer I will be nothing nice
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#72  October 04, 2016, 07:44:28 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
#73  October 04, 2016, 02:10:36 pm
MFFA keeps all works in one thread for convenience. Every version of a certain character will be in the thread of the game in question (ie: every Yoshitora in the SamSho thread).

I dare you to use Adfly without protection.
#74  October 04, 2016, 03:23:13 pm
    • Morocco
MFFA keeps all works in one thread for convenience. Every version of a certain character will be in the thread of the game in question (ie: every Yoshitora in the SamSho thread).

I dare you to use Adfly without protection.

Aah ok.

Upon second sight MFFA is not bad at all actually.

Well, the topic of adfly is really none of my business, lol, all that matters to me is that with antivirus I can safely download in adfly links haha ^^

So where's the problem with it really xD It's like doing business with a malicious person : the guy is wicked, but you don't care coz you made your business that's all that matters for you xD
#75  October 04, 2016, 03:23:58 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

P.S : The request is still up to provide me with a better alternative to Mugen Archive, if anyone know one. Thank you and good day my friends. :)
This is not up for discussion, dont advertise mugen archive here either, they re black listed for a reason.

This is not a thread for your requests on warehouses.
#76  October 04, 2016, 03:40:36 pm
I guess to further elaborate, while most of the userbase here are adults, Mugen is very much a teenage thing. Of course most teens don't own their computers and use their parents or what have you. They probably can't install just "anything" (even if that anything would improve the safety of the cpu) and there's a fair chance they wouldn't have the permission to install Adblock or any other web safety feature. You can see where this would be a problem if they're were to download from Adfly on a regular basis.

We think about the children here. :)
#77  October 04, 2016, 06:39:29 pm
    • Germany
This is not up for discussion, dont advertise mugen archive here either, they re black listed for a reason.

This is not a thread for your requests on warehouses.

Iced calm down, he was just asking for a alternative, because of the Adfly stuff and all of you pretending that the "Site we are not allowed to talk about" is the literal Devil.
#78  October 04, 2016, 06:40:34 pm
Well, like he said, this is not the place to ask.
#79  October 04, 2016, 06:47:25 pm
    • Germany
Well, like he said, this is not the place to ask.

Maybe not, but it would probably ended in a lot of unnecessary drama, if he created a new Topic instead.

Mods and Admins of this site overreact are a little about all this stuff right now.
#80  October 04, 2016, 08:29:58 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
If a user wants to know whats the best warehouse, the best place to do it is not in the middle of a feedback thread asking about bans on adfly.

Anyone attempting to derail a feedback thread would have had their posts fully removed. I only erased those where he tried to go offtopic about having people prove to him what warehouse is the best.
Hardly seems a overreaction or "unnecessary drama" nor was anyone "NERVOUS" that you have to ask them to calm down.