YesNoOk

Contributor Suggestion Thread (Read 1344519 times)

Started by Cybaster, September 03, 2007, 09:26:13 am
Share this topic:
Re: Democracy Thread
#41  October 09, 2007, 02:01:24 pm
  • Master of the palm and foot.
    • randomselect.piiym-net.com/
#42  October 09, 2007, 02:37:04 pm
  • Coming Soon?
to be a palette contributor you have to make 20 different palettes for Hoshi's Cammy...at least.
Latest Yoshi alpha ready for feedback Aug 15th check here for details...
#43  October 09, 2007, 05:22:23 pm
  • Heh, I create palettes. Tell me if you want some.
to be a palette contributor you have to make 20 different palettes for Hoshi's Cammy...at least.
Aww man, I've only made one palette for Cammy at Random Select.
What about Tee Hee Hee (also known as hjk)? Here's an example of his work, he makes A.I's:
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=66839.0
He should be a contributor also. What about palette creators, can they be considered contributors?

Oh hell no. His patches end up making characters play in ways human players can't.

I do think though palette creators should at least get contributor, if the vast consensus is their work is good.
Oh, the thing is I've never tried his A.I patches, at least someone replied to my suggestion.
Check out my palettes guys! Click below in my sig if desired!
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=66166

hjk

#44  October 09, 2007, 08:56:28 pm
  • Watch my fro grow as you go, go, go, go, go.
    • Afghanistan
What about Tee Hee Hee (also known as hjk)? Here's an example of his work, he makes A.I's:
He should be a contributor also. What about palette creators, can they be considered contributors?

Oh hell no. His patches end up making characters play in ways human players can't.

I do think though palette creators should at least get contributor, if the vast consensus is their work is good.

Huh, you didn't download any of the newest Patches did you? You didn't read what I said, did you?
Why I chose to hold my tongue I don't know, but I'll keep tryig. :omg:

1 - I have changed my style to be human possible. When I made Terry and Vice, No way, I was having fun with teh code.
As I said, if your read, Hinata will be updated so that Humans can do all of the same things the AI can. If you would have read you would have seen that under the "Flaws" section.

2 - How can you say that when you know that there probably isn't a single AI in all of Mugen that is completely Fair to the player  ::) .

I just need to ask, what have you done well KFM. I've seen you bash other creators tons of times, but I've downloaded your chars and I can only say that the only one that has impressed me (at least) is Hashimoto.
Yeah, I'm mad, yeah, its a crime against god... sue me. If you want to talk crap to anyone and take low blows whenever you can, back it up.

I'm sure you could make a quality creation, but you either make them Private or just choose not to do so for some style reasons I guess.

I'm probably only reacting because its you, being you who accused me of releasing a patch against your wishes when I didn't. You who didn't have the common sense to think it out before posting that shit. And you who somehow got your cronies to back you up when you knew you were wrong. (I didn't make that patch, I didn't like that patch, I wouldn't have made a promise to you, and I wouldn't have had it released.)

I'm flattered but really, I don't deserve it.

I have a long way to go to become a PotS or a Fervicante.

And for all of you that are going to come in and post about 'what you know about me',              I will assure you that you have no idea.
LOL, Caddie's the man!! ;)

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)
hjk vs. 99% of MFG. I will win.

RIP Poo Bear Tell my Dead Homie isson, for the year my partner.
Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 09:23:07 pm by Tee Hee Hee
#45  October 09, 2007, 08:59:36 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
ummmm he hosts random select thats more than enough for the rank
he hosts and is trusted to host many peoples works and used to hhave one of the largest databases
he (i think) was one of the first to set the morals and standars for the community
(not trying to start a fight or anything)
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan
Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 09:02:56 pm by Laxxe23

hjk

#46  October 09, 2007, 09:02:06 pm
    • Afghanistan
he has set the standards for much of the mugen community
he hosts and is trusted w/ many peoples works
(not trying to start a fight or anything)

Edit: Suprisingly that's wrong

No, Eli hosts RS. And hosting is not worth a rank.
used to hhave one of the largest databases
That he stole from Guild. Literally, for the longest time he still had all the Guild links and stuff.=P

Edit: (to your edit)

he (i think) was one of the first to set the morals and standars for the community

If that is true, he should follow them as well.

Personally I have tried to follow them from the beginning about a year ago, I was what I 'lived' by until my first argument (which was coincidentily that same Kung_Fu_Man post).

I decided to take a submissive approach at first, but I was just infuriated.

I'll admit this:

I am a person who seeks closure for everything.
Call me crazy, but I have a tendency to organize things to get the information I want, even if it takes months. I don't ever really forget, and because of that I am sick. I don't even know why but every argument disturbs me forever and the only way I can stop it is to seek and end in the ways I see fit. I have never posted in an argument just to post, I post with something always behind it (but honestly I need to stop)
There are some serious reasons why I hate incorrect labels because I don't think like anyone else. I guess you could say everything I do has something has an agenda.

Posts like these I find particularly amusing and 'uneducated'

I wouldn't worry about it, Sic. It would've happened anyway. If things don't go hjk's way, he acts like it's a crime against God. It's happened EVERY FUCKING TIME.

It's funny because I feel as though if I were to admit what really went into those posts, I don't know what action would./should be taken to deal with me and my faults.

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)

Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 05:55:24 pm by Tee Hee Hee
#47  October 09, 2007, 09:48:12 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
The only time I can remember every single word of a discussion that took place several months ago is with the girl I love or my 2 best friends. :D
Yeah, they think I'm a psychopath because I can remember little details I should have never remembered. :P

Also, not trying to fight, but KFM also made a number of quality stages that you wouldn't even want to count (and that's in the creating point of view).
Concerning his characters, except Hashimoto, you feel they aren't so good because most of them are betas which have yet to be finished.

Nevertheless, it's true that your AIs are becoming more and more fair, Hinata's one being the "best" one. But as I told you, there's still some road to go before being able to label it as fair.

Also, IMO, some AIs are 100% fair, because they fight as any human player could. Just take Lucy by fervicante and On.Off as example, or even some of POTS' ones (not Shin Gouki, obviously).

hjk

#48  October 10, 2007, 12:16:19 am
    • Afghanistan
The only time I can remember every single word of a discussion that took place several months ago is with the girl I love or my 2 best friends. :D
Yeah, they think I'm a psychopath because I can remember little details I should have never remembered. :P

Also, not trying to fight, but KFM also made a number of quality stages that you wouldn't even want to count (and that's in the creating point of view).
Concerning his characters, except Hashimoto, you feel they aren't so good because most of them are betas which have yet to be finished.

Nevertheless, it's true that your AIs are becoming more and more fair, Hinata's one being the "best" one. But as I told you, there's still some road to go before being able to label it as fair.

Also, IMO, some AIs are 100% fair, because they fight as any human player could. Just take Lucy by fervicante and On.Off as example, or even some of POTS' ones (not Shin Gouki, obviously).

Cybaster/Demitri Maximoff you're the best man.  :sugoi:

I compleyely forgot about the stages. That's two things that I'm down for :wall:.

CRAP :omg:... KFM, the Mugenarok Crew, You, Ziltama, and I think it was Mantovao have created my favorite stages. The Trial Force Team has some Great ones too.

I guess I really do go blind when I get angry. This one wasn't part of somethig else, but wow, I didn't realize that flaw in my design was really this bad.  --;

Indeed I 100% agree.  :thumbsup:

Hinata is still a bit broken but has to go through some updating. I personally think that Haohmaru is probably the most 'fair' that is until I properly update Hinata.

I need to add in some fall downs after the hits so she isn't constantly juggling (which is both a player and CPU problem) like Raffine and PotS suggested I remove.

I also have to get rid of that incorrectly set dodge state :wall: as sicatrix suggested.

I also need to add in some chains for eeh player as well, and I especially need to change what you mentioned, making the moves more power appropraite. Got some stress ahead.

Hopefully the new Terry AI contains no flaws. I am making him as CMD (player) and CNS accurate as possible.

DMK

#49  October 10, 2007, 01:14:55 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
If I could kinda get back on topic.

Can I perhaps bring Yeti's stuff to the board?

http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=63013.0

2 characters and with each update getting better.

Very few bugs if any at all at each release.

1 stage converted. No real animation but it is of nice quality and great for Super Jump characters.
#50  October 10, 2007, 01:36:22 am
    • France
Definitively +1 for bwdyeti. :)
#51  October 10, 2007, 03:45:09 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
No, Eli hosts RS. And hosting is not worth a rank.
used to hhave one of the largest databases
That he stole from Guild. Literally, for the longest time he still had all the Guild links and stuff.=P
Just the 1st to commit his life to that stuff.
#52  October 10, 2007, 03:52:34 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA

Also only if the work is for WIP in which the creator actually asks for said palettes to be made. You don't want to be handing out contributor to people who made the 100th alternate palette for Shin Gouki.

supermystery

#53  October 10, 2007, 12:06:16 pm
Indeed but at least they get recognised for contributing stuff to the M.U.G.E.N Community thats what the contributer title is all about, contributing stuff that is useful for creators and players alike.

You don't want to be handing out contributor to people who made the 100th alternate palette for Shin Gouki.

A very good point though
Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 12:10:05 pm by supermystery
#54  October 10, 2007, 12:12:22 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Haha, we get rid of the Creator title, so in return people want to make the Contributor title more elitist. ;D
I say give it to a palette maker if he's done them in both quality and quantity.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#55  October 10, 2007, 01:40:07 pm
But what's the actual use of the contributor rank ? What purpose does it have ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.

DM

#56  October 10, 2007, 02:12:19 pm
    • Brazil
    • www.rickiecreations.paodemugen.com.br
#57  October 10, 2007, 02:26:04 pm
Last I heard, this forum was supposed to remove that.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.

DMK

#58  October 10, 2007, 04:44:21 pm
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Shouldn't matter that much.

You do something you do something.

Pallates arn't that hard but overall making decent ones with good shadeing, context and if it helps get rid of one process the character maker has to do and after a good couple of times doing so should they be mentioned for it.
#59  October 11, 2007, 12:34:28 am
    • France
But what's the actual use of the contributor rank ? What purpose does it have ?
Just for status, I suppose.  ;P
Yeah, and when the guy (or girl, mind you) has the purple star, there's 80% chance I can have an interesting discussion with him.
If he doesn't have it, there's 80% chance he's a dumbfuck. :ninja:

Anyway, concerning palette maker, they should have quality+quantity.
#60  October 11, 2007, 01:44:53 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
following the "having an interesting discussion parameter" sounds better, imfo.