YesNoOk

Helper based projectile hitoverride help (Read 2855 times)

Started by krudelu, August 16, 2018, 12:05:01 pm
Share this topic:
Helper based projectile hitoverride help
#1  August 16, 2018, 12:05:01 pm
  • (>owo)><(owo<)
Hello,

I was working on getting helper projectiles destroy each other and so far, I'm able to get the ones with velocity collide and destroy each other properly like HP projectiles destroying SP projectiles and HP projectiles colliding with each other destroying each other

However, now that I'm trying to get to have the traveling projectile collide against a helper based projectile that's fixed in one spot, here's where I ran across a problem for at least colliding a Special projectile that's just in place against a traveling super projectile.

I'm trying to get the special projectile that have fixed position destroyed when it collides with the traveling super projectile but when the special projectile that's in fixed position (non traveling one) and the traveling super projectile collide, if the special projectile hit the super projectile  with it's tip of the hitbox, it was able to destroy the super projectile but when it wasn't hitting the super projectile with it's tip, that's the only time it gets destroyed.

Here are the hitoverrides in their respective states

For the fixed position special projectile:
Code:
[State 10012, override]
type = HitOverride
trigger1 = 1
attr = SCA, AA, AP, AT
stateno = 1002
time = -1
slot = 1
ignorehitpause = 1
Note:this one have attr = S, SP in it's hitdef and 1002 is the destroyed state

For the traveling super projectile:
Code:
[State 10012, override]
type = HitOverride
trigger1 = 1
attr = SCA, NA, NP, NT, SA, SP, ST
stateno = 2001
time = -1
slot = 1
ignorehitpause = 1

[State 10012, override]
type = HitOverride
trigger1 = 1
attr = SCA, HA, HP, HT
stateno = 2002
time = -1
slot = 2
ignorehitpause = 1
Note:this one have attr = A, HP in it's hitdef and 2002 is the destroyed state

So far, the problem is applied to the super projectile that's traveling slower (maybe that's why I'm able to have time be able to hit it with it's tip but I wanted this projectile to remain in this kind velocity)

I already applied different stateno for different hitoverrides with different attr to put them to their respective stateno when hit by specific attr but it's just that for some reason when hit by the tip, it can destroy projectile with attr that's not supposed to be destroyed. I don't know if there's something I might be missing here that it doesn't want to behave how I wanted to be.
Re: Helper based projectile hitoverride help
#2  August 17, 2018, 03:28:32 pm
  • (>owo)><(owo<)
Here's a video to describe the problem above just in case:

Also, when it comes to the order of states, I tried rearranging them and it still doesn't solve the issue

I know that I've been editing on a certain full game but I'm just trying to learn here

Sorry for ending up being very hasty on this one since while I can't seem to find any solution to this problem, I've been working on other moves for a meanwhile and I'm trying not to end up forgetting about this issue

Also, if there's additional info that I may need to add, please let me know since I'm not sure what else I may need to get checked to see if the problem persist somewhere.
Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 05:13:21 pm by krudelu
Re: Helper based projectile hitoverride help
#3  September 01, 2018, 01:04:56 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Reading your first post, I though that the moving projectile wouldn't have the same clsn boxes for hit and attack. That's exactly what I see in the video.
I would tell you to edit P2's attack so that the blue box isn't there. P1's attack is hitting it clean. So if you take away the blue box it wont be able to be hit. P2's attack may not be defined properly too. Look into that.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv