YesNoOk

Hi moderator, i need your help urgently (Read 31450 times)

Started by vegito1991, May 24, 2017, 05:48:59 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Hi moderator, i need your help urgently
#21  May 25, 2017, 05:26:23 pm
  • Winmugen FTW
    • El Salvador
I dont get it... Why even report years later lol
#22  May 25, 2017, 05:28:40 pm
  • An I.K.E.M.E.N guy
  • Yo
    • USA
I'm not trying to be that guy but didn't the people who made kof wing use assets from KOF Zillion to make its Screenpack and kof creations by other people? With you logic wouldn't Kof Wing be just as bad and need to be removed? Then all of mugen would have to be removed because people use characters and sprites from SNK and other official companies effectively "stealing" from them. It isn't a big deal imo because people can use the assets of others work to make it better or to help them start on their own project. So like the people who made KOFW they will be able to use a screenpack or have an asset to start on making their own.
#23  May 25, 2017, 05:42:10 pm
Then all of mugen would have to be removed because people use characters and sprites from SNK and other official companies effectively "stealing" from them.
Ugh no. Don't say that ever again. It's fucking retarded.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#24  May 25, 2017, 05:44:31 pm
    • Singapore
I'm not trying to be that guy but didn't the people who made kof wing use assets from KOF Zillion to make its Screenpack and kof creations by other people? With you logic wouldn't Kof Wing be just as bad and need to be removed? Then all of mugen would have to be removed because people use characters and sprites from SNK and other official companies effectively "stealing" from them. It isn't a big deal imo because people can use the assets of others work to make it better or to help them start on their own project. So like the people who made KOFW they will be able to use a screenpack or have an asset to start on making their own.

KOFZ creator did gave permission to KOFW creator 3 years ago when she requesting the screenpack, both of them buddy some more. They will never simply shared the materials without creator's permission. When they want to add other people's materials, they will always "ASK" for permission  and "NEVER" shared out without permission.
#25  May 25, 2017, 05:54:32 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico

and this is part of why the rules got changed 10 years ago.
#26  May 25, 2017, 06:01:03 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
"Our policy is never removing "stolen" content. We just don't enforce creators' rights here." And this statement, is basically encourage the members of this forum go and steal other's project and shared out the materials without creator's permission. What kind of sense/logidc that make you think this is right especially you guys implement this policy years ago. I just don't get it, this is ridiculous.
Pffft, we don't encourage anyone to do anything. We are realists. Even if we banned the user from this forum he could find other outlet to release his "stolen" works. So what would be the point of that punishment? The "stolen" works would still exist and be available for download. You can't police the internet and we're not interested in trying.

If you're petty enough fill false DMCA takedowns on your own, we're not gonna "protect" your "property".
#27  May 25, 2017, 06:43:06 pm
  • An I.K.E.M.E.N guy
  • Yo
    • USA

KOFZ creator did gave permission to KOFW creator 3 years ago when she requesting the screenpack, both of them buddy some more. They will never simply shared the materials without creator's permission. When they want to add other people's materials, they will always "ASK" for permission  and "NEVER" shared out without permission.

Oh then I apologize.

But the point I'm trying to make is that if we actually do this rule where we ask everyone it becomes a pointless search. What if someone who wanted to make say a Geonitz for mugen would they have to go and ask the original voice actor to use the voice. Or anytime someone wants to make a mugen fullgame they would have to ask Elecbyte for the permission to use the engine. It just down spirals into a week or two of just asking people some that dont want to be bothered with. I understand giving credit to show that you got this work from other people so you don't claim it as your own. But how was this guy going to find the creator of KOFW to release the screenpack just like how would someone find an old SNK voice actor just to make a mugen character. It just ends up being a huge game of find the needle in the haystack that no one wants to play.
#28  May 25, 2017, 06:50:08 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I hate to be "that guy" but there is a 2 sides to this. The time spent making the content is what is "stolen". Wow it's been a long time since we had this discussion!

Think of it like this.

Someone drawing commission work that uses company IPs doesn't have to ask permission to do so. You still shouldn't take their art and sell it yourself.
Or duplicate their art or whatever.

EDIT: Doesn't even have to be commission even. DeviantArt is a good example.
Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 07:20:59 pm by Just No Point
#29  May 25, 2017, 08:25:44 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
I dont get it, mugen creators let all this shit go to there
heads about ideas n shit. Yall stole ideas from snk, another
Dude stole your ideas stolen from snk, stop the shit please
Most of mugen is stolen ideas maybe 10-15% of content
Is original
#30  May 25, 2017, 08:38:41 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Is that directed at my post? Keep in mind I understand the logic but don't agree with it in regards to MUGEN. Everything I make is free to use I don't even ask for credit.

But the fact is it's still an art theft if you take without permission. That's why I only use stuff from ppl I know that are open and basically none of the Japanese :p

Or I used to. I'm pretty much to the point where I don't have to look at other's code anymore so that makes things a lot simpler. I'd probably be the next chuchoryu forgetting whom to credit!!!
#31  May 25, 2017, 08:43:43 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Is that directed at my post? Keep in mind I understand the logic but don't agree with it in regards to MUGEN. Everything I make is free to use I don't even ask for credit.

But the fact is it's still an art theft if you take without permission. That's why I only use stuff from ppl I know that are open and basically none of the Japanese :p

Or I used to. I'm pretty much to the point where I don't have to look at other's code anymore so that makes things a lot simpler. I'd probably be the next chuchoryu forgetting whom to credit!!!

Its directed to vegito who claimed a couple times last page his friends
idead were stolen
#32  May 26, 2017, 12:44:54 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I love mentioning how one of the last straws for the rule change was when one japanese creator started forbidding people from posting screenshots of his character ( and he was far from being the only one, but that one did not even seem to have a semblance of a logical reason)