YesNoOk

JNP's Thread (Read 367803 times)

Started by JustNoPoint, September 16, 2015, 11:15:44 pm
Share this topic:
Re: JNP's Thread
#21  September 17, 2015, 06:50:48 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Updated all the Filter icons. Moved Portraits Icon. Removed the full game hi res icons. Keeping the Lifebar icons as they've been used fairly decently.
If you still see the old ones try to refresh.

I added these icons

But for some reason it's not saying they are uploaded when I try to add them in the admin panel. Which is odd cause they're right there. In the same folder as the rest of the icons. And the old ones updated when I added them in so IDK what's going on. I sent a message to Val asking him.

Also it appears as though the smileys folder isn't in the same folder he gave me access to. So hopefully we can resolve that too.
I did add all the smileys we currently have to the pop up box so something is finally finished on the user end at least!

Once Val gets the filter icons figured out I'll ask him to organize them more along the lines of this

in your releases and found releases
Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 07:12:15 pm by Just No Point
#22  September 17, 2015, 07:49:24 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Added NNID
#23  September 17, 2015, 09:27:22 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009

(or (motion)n(/motion)) has a broken image (now that I just noticed).

Edit: Just testing out the avatar tag.
#24  September 17, 2015, 09:28:49 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
#25  September 17, 2015, 09:32:05 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Any potential for the undocumented smileys?
#26  September 17, 2015, 09:37:13 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I don't think so. I finished moving them all to the pop up box earlier.
#27  September 17, 2015, 09:38:10 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
Question: What fonts do the motions used? I might make one for the "n" image.

edit: Well uhh... made one. (Not sure if this is any helpful, but it's simple enough, since "neutral" is pretty much nothing on the directional command).
Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 09:52:16 pm by Zemilia
#28  September 17, 2015, 09:46:32 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
 :nicepost:

yo sick
#29  September 17, 2015, 09:57:54 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Question: What fonts do the motions used? I might make one for the "n" image.

edit: Well uhh... made one. (Not sure if this is any helpful, but it's simple enough, since "neutral" is pretty much nothing on the directional command).

It's better than a broken image. I'll use it. It'll be a few hours till I get home and can upload it though.
#30  September 17, 2015, 10:17:53 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Excuse me, but I would like to know if you are up to possible smiley suggestions and if yes, then what the requirements are.
Thanks in advance!
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#31  September 17, 2015, 10:29:23 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#32  September 17, 2015, 11:01:15 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Excuse me, but I would like to know if you are up to possible smiley suggestions and if yes, then what the requirements are.
Thanks in advance!
In most cases smileys must fit the style of the MFG smileys. Specific exceptions allowed. Like :mrox: that has story behind it.
#33  September 18, 2015, 03:13:19 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Okay Valodim fixed the issue with me adding new icons. So a sound icon was added to Edits and Addons 1.0+ and Filter tags were added to the MUGEN Class board.

Val kinda vanished so we're still pending my ability to upload Smileys (He said he was looking into it) and for Valodim to rearrange the filter icons in 1.0+ releases and found releases boards. (He'd previously told me that wouldn't be an issue after I finished it all)

Also to note I saw this in the admin panel
Allow boards to be ignored Checking this option will allow users to select boards they wish to ignore.

So let me know how this works. We have a lot of boards and if you find you never use a board this will allow you to hide it and customize your MFG experience. From what I gather anyway.

Hope it works well. I assume it will not hide the posts from them in the Newest Post area or if you check What's New but I dunno

Also replaced the n icon in the motions tag

EDIT: You'll see that mrox and quit smileys are currently broken. Val copied the smileys forum but forgot to change the directory it looks in. He had to take off though so To Be Continued
Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 03:56:31 pm by Just No Point
#34  September 18, 2015, 06:09:50 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I want to remind all the users that are making things or learning HOW to make things to give ideas on things that might assist learning and creation in general. How can stickies be improved? How can the forums be less overwhelming? How can we organize things better?

As you are using the forums to aid you? Note anything that you feel could be improved.

Most of my changes now are coming from me building my own characters. From things I think would aid ME as well. I just try to share the info by making tutorials and such as I move forward because I wish someone had already done these things. We all learn in different manners so what works for me may not work for you. So be sure to express your thoughts and I'll weigh in on it and see if it may be worth a try. I don't mind ideas to flop. It's the process to see what sticks and what doesn't that helps us evolve.

This is why I made MUGEN Class. The Sprite Projects board. The MFG SF project and the upcoming new tutorials and possible boards I intend to make in the near future.

Heck if you fear posting your idea in public PM me. I totally believe in the proverb about teaching a person to fish will feed them a lifetime. But I think if he has access to big nets and boats he can catch even more fish for life too!!!
#35  September 18, 2015, 08:38:19 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Read.
You may suggest smileys too
Hmm...must have somehow missed that part...but thanks.
In most cases smileys must fit the style of the MFG smileys. Specific exceptions allowed. Like :mrox: that has story behind it.
Hmm...those simleys don't really fit the graphic style of the other MFG smileys, sadly, but maybe they are "historical" enough to be warranted an addition or something.
Eh, I will just suggest two smileys now, and I would like to know what you guys think of my suggestion and how I could possibly improve said suggestions (replace ";" with ":" for those smileys):
    ;feels; (ripped from a sprite by Jango)
    ;kappa;

I mainly choose those two because of how easily recognizable those two are, and both have their own share of functions (like the TwitchKappa marking comments that are sarcastic but don't necesarily look sarcastic).
Anyway, would like to know if those two are good enough. Thanks in advance!
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#36  September 18, 2015, 09:41:17 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
    ;kappa;

I mainly choose those two because of how easily recognizable those two are, and both have their own share of functions (like the TwitchKappa marking comments that are sarcastic but don't necesarily look sarcastic).
Anyway, would like to know if those two are good enough. Thanks in advance!

You DO know that the twitch EULA explicitly prohibits the kappa smilie from being used off-site, and that they have gone after other message boards for incorporating it, right?
#37  September 18, 2015, 10:43:52 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Don't really think Wojak has much of any relevance to the MUGEN Community itself.
#38  September 18, 2015, 10:50:29 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
:kappa:
Ugh
#39  September 18, 2015, 11:27:14 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Yeah, those don't have a history within MUGEN like the quit and mrox smileys that don't fit. The requirements for a non standard smiley will be much more difficult and subjective.
#40  September 19, 2015, 08:13:42 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Any possibility of adding a Twitter handle section to profiles or nah.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?