YesNoOk

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread (Read 830494 times)

Started by Erroratu, November 01, 2016, 08:51:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread
#2241  September 11, 2017, 04:08:07 am
none of the women in umvc3 are mcu
#2242  September 11, 2017, 04:09:37 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
With the exception of one (She-Hulk, which is a fair argument but she's not in a movie) all the ladies on the Marvel side are X-Women. So that wasn't happening.

It's a fair question for the Capcom side, so let's go down the list.

Jill: Well at least Chris is still a gun man, Jill's has had a few appearances since where she's not an acrobatic sexpot anymore so that would be a stretch.
Trish: Be thankful it would have taken more work to put Donte in and count your blessings.
Amaterasu: Game had last release 5 years ago from divison they're probably trying desperately to forget about.
C.Viper: Not in the current game they want to push, don't even know if she was particularly loved in the game she was in.
Felicia: Cui bono? That's not a character they want on ESPN and nobody in the fandom is gonna be satisfied with what they'd have to do to make her one.
Tron Bonne: It's a good question, and it's probably gonna come down to her not being a mainline Megaman or X character.
Hsien-Ko: Also a good question, and I'd be surprised if she doesn't show up at some point.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#2243  September 11, 2017, 04:10:56 am
there could be a case for she hulk but with gamora being in the game they probably didnt want two green women
#2244  September 11, 2017, 04:12:14 am
    • USA
Good point, and you'd go with the green woman with synergy over the one with none.
This time
This time
#2245  September 11, 2017, 04:22:51 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Tron Bonne's probably the easiest to understand out of any of them, really.  With all the attention they're giving to the Mega Man X series, they probably didn't want to divert too much attention away with a Legends rep.  If the story they're cooking up would have us believe that all of the Capcom games happen in one shared universe, they wouldn't want to have to reconcile two completely separate Mega Man canons and timelines on top of all that.

lui

#2246  September 11, 2017, 04:27:38 am
    • USA
I wish the marvel side had like an x-men or ff rep or two, but I'm okay with not having them for the launch if Capcom can't do it.

the roster is okay. its not amazing but it's not terrible either. I'll take what I get
#2247  September 11, 2017, 05:07:56 am
    • Brazil
To begin with, they openly stated that nothing prevented them from adding X-Men characters (except their own stupidity), so, Phoenix, Storm and X-23 all classify as poorly chosen cuts, they're just like the other cuts except that we know the stupid reason they removed those specifically. Also, what about Spencer, Haggar, Chris, Frank West, Nemesis, Arthur and Firebrand? How many of these are promoting a new or recent game? They're all just poor choices.
#2248  September 11, 2017, 05:11:45 am
if the game was relegated to promoting upcoming/recent capcom releases then it'd just be sf5 characters, monster hunter, the dude from re7 and frank west

lui

#2249  September 11, 2017, 05:12:14 am
    • USA
Capcom stated that their rosters isn't just limited to mcu which can expand to idk new warriors or whatever, but they never said they can or cant add in xmen.  this is typical coy pr talk. Capcom can't just throw marvel under the bus and say "oh marvel wont allow us to use xmen because they don't wanna promote the movies"

they have a business relationship so they cant do anything that would discredit marvel other than try to be coy and vague about the roster. if you can't grasp that then try not to explain why Capcom is doing the things its doing because it just makes you look overly grumpy and aggressive as a result.
#2250  September 11, 2017, 05:22:59 am
    • USA
    • thelivewire48@gmail.com
Same
Capcom can't just throw marvel under the bus and say "oh marvel wont allow us to use xmen because they don't wanna promote the movies"

they have a business relationship so they cant do anything that would discredit marvel other than try to be coy and vague about the roster. if you can't grasp that then try not to explain why Capcom is doing the things its doing because it just makes you look overly grumpy and aggressive as a result.

This right here is what people refuse to acknowledge, they rather just bitch and moan and say it's capcom, and only capcom's fault that the roster is the way it is

#2251  September 11, 2017, 05:26:19 am
    • USA
They're all representatives of classic franchises that would take the bare minimum work to put in.

Spencer is the Bionic Commando which is one of the few classic franchises Capcom has that they've shown even the barest bit of interest in keeping around, and although they should have probably put classic Spencer in over hot-dog arm, I understand why he's in.
Chris is the Resident Evil man whether people like it or not, he's the only character they bothered to have return in 7, he's getting his own DLC within months. Like Spencer, I probably would have made him look like he did in 6, at least (7's Chris is an unknown quantity) but it's no surprise he's in.
Haggar represents Final Fight, which is another of the few classic franchises Capcom bothers to reference (you're gonna get tired of me saying this).
Nemesis is the most memorable enemy in Resident Evil and their go to villain to represent the franchise in this and other crossovers.
Frank West was just in the latest Dead Rising this year, so you probably should have left him out of your argument.
Arthur represents Ghouls and Ghosts, which is another of the few classic franchises Capcom bothers to reference. He's also arguably one of their most recognizable classic characters this side of Megaman.
Firebrand also represents Ghouls and Ghosts, which I don't know if I've mentioned this is one of the few classic franchises Capcom bothers to reference and, like Nemesis, is probably the only other character besides Arthur anybody remembers.

And as mentioned at the start, they are all fantastically cheap choices to make.
This time
This time
#2252  September 11, 2017, 09:33:34 am
"We're not limited to the mcu" is just the explanation for having Gamora in her comics outfit instead of her movie design, and Nova. It means nothing else.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#2253  September 11, 2017, 01:10:41 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#2254  September 11, 2017, 01:12:44 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#2255  September 11, 2017, 03:04:37 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
So, all in the name of copyright. This really hurt Capcom in many ways, they can't port all the old characters, or even make new ones from Fox's IPs. "We're not limited, but if we did add them, Disney would have us by the balls", is what I get out of this, sad but that's what happens when parents fight over rights to Marvel characters. If i'm wrong about any of this, then crap...just saying what i'm hearing right now.
#2256  September 11, 2017, 03:23:56 pm
The question is why you haven't heard of this the last 10 million times it was explained in the last couple years since Marvel decided to cut down exposure on the stuff they don't own the movies for.
#2257  September 11, 2017, 04:26:04 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Tron Bonne's probably the easiest to understand out of any of them, really.  With all the attention they're giving to the Mega Man X series, they probably didn't want to divert too much attention away with a Legends rep.  If the story they're cooking up would have us believe that all of the Capcom games happen in one shared universe, they wouldn't want to have to reconcile two completely separate Mega Man canons and timelines on top of all that.

Except Legends is on the same canon/timeline as the Classic/X series, so this argument is invalid.
#2258  September 11, 2017, 04:52:30 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Is it?  I genuinely thought it was a separate timeline or something like EXE.

Either way, it's still a different series and they clearly want the focus to be on MMX.
#2259  September 11, 2017, 05:47:08 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Zero series bridged them, but yeah Legends is post apocalyptic world where
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#2260  September 11, 2017, 06:06:29 pm
putting tron bonne in the game would have meant the game has 4 megaman characters (counting dlc sigma) which is way too damn much for a dead franchise