YesNoOk

Retiring of this... sort of... (Read 30215 times)

Started by Basara Lapis, December 30, 2016, 04:20:14 am
Share this topic:
Retiring of this... sort of...
#1  December 30, 2016, 04:20:14 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Guys, I've to make an announcement to all of you, since admins to common users here:

I'm retiring from this. No, it's not the typical "I'm retiring out of MUGEN" or something like that, it's more serious. This year has been complicated for me about time, my 1yo son and my obligations in real life (especifically my little self-created business that is BabyFan, geek clothes line for babies) weren't allowed me to work in MUGEN in general, since new/updated MUGEN stuff I made to my work here for COTM and Guild Database. To exemplify me more, I barely posted on Guild these months, only appearing once a month or even less.

So yeah, basically I left my moderator position for COTM (Gui, you have the total command now), as well I left the torch I took to continue Nunor's job on the Database. I'm still motivated to do these jobs, but my time isn't enough to continue manage them as I did before, so I prefer to be "depowered" and pass the torch to others who can continue what I left, especially about the Database. For the latter, I'm preparing a last update I got worked since months (like September) but I couldn't release before, you'll read about that in the Database thread in a few minutes.

About my work as MUGEN creator... I've never retiring of this, MUGEN is one of my most longing hobbies I got along with Cosplay. Probably you'll know about me in the future, but not sure when I'll finish something to release. But yes, I'm not inactive, maybe for a time, but not forever ;)

Finally, I want to thank @Just No Point: and @Iced: for trust in me for the jobs I got here in the forum, and also @【MFG】gui0007: which became my partner-in-crime about modding and managing COTM. Many thanks to you, seriously. And also thanks to all who trusted in me all of these years managing COTM and Guild Database.

That's all. Just thanks ;) Basara's out...

PS: Mods, if you think this fits more in All That's Left than here, you can move it there, no problem about that ;)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 04:39:23 am by Basara Beat
Re: Retiring of this... sort of...
#2  December 30, 2016, 04:44:21 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Thank you for all you did Basara! I hope you will find more time in the coming years. Maybe when kiddo goes to school? :P Enjoy your time and you're always welcome here.

On the flip side, anyone interested in replacing him on the database or the COTM?
#3  December 30, 2016, 05:19:52 am
  • #1 Boss Lady
    • UK
Much support and love for you and the bay-bay!
#4  December 30, 2016, 06:01:29 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
During all the years I've been making fun of you, you in return have been a really nice guy. You are still a good friend and always will be. But now, you're a father too. I want you to go home and be a family man, to have roots of your own. With your family you will be able to find those roots and live normally like any family man should do. Believe me, my dear, your future lies with your family and not with a bunch of elitist asshats that hate fun. One day, you shall come back. Yes, you shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to us that we are not mistaken in ours. Goodbye, Basura. Goodbye, my dear.

tl;dr: Stay the fuck in or fuck the fuck off. No? Okay, fuckity-bye!
Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 06:07:08 am by Bastard Wolf
#5  December 30, 2016, 06:57:07 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Best of Luck...
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#6  December 30, 2016, 06:59:48 pm
Thanks, man. Hope you're enjoying life!
#7  December 30, 2016, 08:05:44 pm
  • No waifu no laifu
    • USA
    • srsnugglebunz@gmail.com
Best wishes for you and your family, Basara!
#8  December 30, 2016, 08:11:46 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
You're always welcome around here Basara. Keep in touch! :)
#9  December 30, 2016, 08:18:57 pm
    • Argentina
We've never got to talk a whole lot but I always considered you a good friend. It made me so happy when I read that you were going to be a father because it's a huge step for a couple. I hope you don't go crazy with those geek clothes for babies and enjoy your time with your family.

Thanks for everything you've done for this community we call Mugen. See you around, Basara. :)
#10  December 30, 2016, 08:35:56 pm
Good luck out there. Basara, thanks for putting my spritesheets on your site.
Nice knowing you and your creations were great. I wish you good luck.

Adios.
#11  December 30, 2016, 11:36:07 pm
It's hard to run a company, so good luck!
And thanks for your hard work!
#12  December 30, 2016, 11:48:57 pm
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
I've always liked your characters, Eric in particular is my favorite and I still play him a lot. There is also XXX and XXX2 which are good too, along with that the Akuma clones were nice and interesting edits as well :)

Gonna miss your work, but it's for a good cause. Enjoy your life as a family man!
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#13  December 31, 2016, 12:36:50 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
good luck hope we can keep contact by other means.
#14  December 31, 2016, 01:43:31 am
    • USA
Eric will always be my favorite MUGEN characters. It's been 7 wonderful years of MUGEN and yet another amazing character says goodbye. I pray for the better and success for you my brother. Thank you for all the Memories!
#15  December 31, 2016, 03:37:25 am
all the best, hoping someone will take over your Bishamon and finish him  :)

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#16  December 31, 2016, 08:16:24 am
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines
good luck at your life bro and also happy new year
#17  December 31, 2016, 02:08:53 pm
  • Give me Tea, or Cake!
Never mind, "New Year, New You". It's a case of "New Year, Just carrying on being awesome!"

All the best to you and your family for the future!
#18  December 31, 2016, 06:27:56 pm
Best wished Basara! Have a nice end and a great start (as we say here) ;)
#19  January 01, 2017, 01:18:32 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
My best of wishes goes out to you for your future, Basara. You are always welcome here.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#20  January 01, 2017, 06:52:06 pm
  • This will do....for now
    • USA
    • Skype - mellilla2003
    • www.youtube.com/user/smoke072
Best of luck to you Basara, hope you had a great year!
Switch: SW-8428-1825-4399
New #21  January 02, 2017, 04:38:29 am
  • Great Mind - Improving Skills
  • Low Level raising his power!
    • Skype - andersonscarecrow
I've joined MFG recently compared to others. Some have been here for almost 10 years and it's crazy, but yet I always checked here from time to time to know more about some projects I followed ( even some really crappy ones ) and I always saw you comment and be part of it before, even though I never directly spoke to you ( or I believe so ).
Best of luck for all you aim at. Stay awesome.
Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 12:13:00 pm by LightScarecrow
#22  January 02, 2017, 02:37:57 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Best of luck for you and your family ma'fella. See ya! :')