YesNoOk

Rule Idea for the News-Threads? (Read 6450 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, July 28, 2016, 09:52:37 pm
Share this topic:
Rule Idea for the News-Threads?
#1  July 28, 2016, 09:52:37 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
I wish there could be a rule that people like Lars had to post the news or at least a part of them instead of something like "good news" followed by 1-2 links that say absolutely nothing about the kind of the news.

Yup, minor complaint about a really small but sometimes annoying problem.
Re: Rule Idea for the News-Threads?
#2  July 28, 2016, 10:15:50 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
No.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#3  July 28, 2016, 10:20:18 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Couldn't you just solve that minor problem by putting him on the Ignore List? Did this really merit an entire thread?
This is a generic forum signature.
#4  July 28, 2016, 10:32:37 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
A thread that could be benefitting for the news threads in general is too much for you but it is okay to put someone on ignore because some posts.

Awesome logic.
#5  July 28, 2016, 10:36:07 pm
The ignore feature is shit.
I know what I'm talking about, I use it, there must be a million names on mine, but it's shit. Do NOT recommend it as a default response for anything.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#6  July 28, 2016, 10:38:48 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
The ignore feature is shit.
I know what I'm talking about, I use it, there must be a million names on mine, but it's shit. Do NOT recommend it as a default response for anything.

Alright, I've only been here for two years, so enlighten me.
This is a generic forum signature.
#7  July 28, 2016, 10:48:49 pm
No. stay focused on the subject.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#8  July 28, 2016, 11:23:25 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
I agree the ignore feature needs some improvements. I'd rather it hide a user's entire existence—don't show them as the latest reply, don't show them in the latest posts sidebar, don't even have that stupid "click to show post" thing because that only piques curiosity. I want it to go on as if they weren't even in the forum. Hell, that alone would satisfy me, I can do with their posts being shown in quotes.
#9  July 28, 2016, 11:25:23 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Val needs someone that knows PHP to convert us back to the vanilla SMF that is actually being used again.

Till then we won't get anything new sadly :(
#10  July 28, 2016, 11:28:55 pm
We already have a punishment for people who can't post news links properly: they get called out for bot-like behavior. It's annoying to click on something only to find that's it's irrelevant. If they can't handle that justifiable criticism and decide to blow up about it, that's their problem.
#11  July 28, 2016, 11:32:46 pm
Until an admin admonishes someone for calling someone else a bot at the first complaint or report.
#12  July 28, 2016, 11:38:41 pm
this doesn't need a rule, this needs a staff member to tell lars to stop making shitty posts because at this point he's almost the only one making posts that bad. his posts are not informative and he never replies to posts directed at him asking for clarification. basically, he's shit
#13  July 29, 2016, 12:30:29 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
agreed, the other bots alreayd learned and usually post stuff that is relevant to the topic or say what the links are about.