YesNoOk

Tails (From Tails' Adventure) (UPDATE SEPT. 7, 2017) (Read 17005 times)

Started by GenericFurryDude, July 27, 2017, 11:31:34 am
Share this topic:
Tails (From Tails' Adventure) (UPDATE SEPT. 7, 2017)
New #1  July 27, 2017, 11:31:34 am
  • Oh okay
    • genericfurrydude.weebly.com/
UPDATE (Sept. 7, 2017): Added an air dash, as well as a few more balancing changes, adding a strong variant to all specials. Changed Sea Fox a bit, too.

I hated this Tails.

He's the least favorite character I've ever made (which may or may not be saying a ton given the really stupid shit I've made). His entire design as a fighter was to be based on the game this particular one came from, having different abilities to choose from and using what you have to work with to get through the challenge ahead. Pretty much everything I did with the character I didn't like. The sheer lack of balance between his three movesets (it was more like 2 1/2 since one of them combined several elements from both) and overall poor decision-making lead to an extremely lousy character.

So I decided to update him. The update isn't exactly an entire rework more than it is me picking my favorite elements from each playstyle and putting them into one, so if you had the previous version you should feel right at home. It also includes some bug fixes and tweaks to better suit the character and make him more fun to play.

Spoiler: Some more screenshots (click to see content)

Download at my website: http://genericfurrydude.weebly.com/

Feel free to list your thoughts on the character if you want, as I'm willing to fix any weird or heavily disliked things in the character.
idk I'm going home
Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 01:51:15 pm by GenericFurryDude
Re: Tails (From Tails' Adventure)
#2  July 30, 2017, 03:59:03 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
This update is really fun to use! It's a shame the three variants didn't work out in the end, that was an interesting idea. Still though, I'm enjoying this quite a bit. It's cool to see a Tails that's more gadget oriented.
#3  August 10, 2017, 06:07:50 pm
  • Why do the avatars have to be so damn small :c
    • USA
    • brawlyoshi@gmail.com
I know this is a bit of an old post, but it's still fairly high on the list of releases, so I don't think I'm hurting anybody. Tails Adventure is my favorite Game Gear game, so this makes me a very happy boy. Feedback:

- Seafox Hyper doesn't combo like it should.
- I feel he would benefit from an airdash, maybe something like Veanko's Tails where the focus attack button makes him fly.
- I feel like the specials could have more variation. I don't see much of a difference between the LP and MP bomb. Also, I recommend making it so that two buttons activate the EX move, since the hypers are done with double quarter circles.

Again, thanks for the char. Really impressive that this was done without custom sprites.

Edit:
Some other stuff I found:

- I feel he could use a damage buff.
- Also, I think that either the napalm bomb should be destroyed when hit with a projectile, or have the bomb itself not hit the opponent at all, Tam-Tam's ground fireball thingy.
Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 07:22:11 pm by BrawlTheMan
#4  August 28, 2017, 06:31:17 am
  • Oh okay
1. Seafox Hyper doesn't combo like it should.
2. I feel he would benefit from an airdash, maybe something like Veanko's Tails where the focus attack button makes him fly.
3. I feel like the specials could have more variation. I don't see much of a difference between the LP and MP bomb. Also, I recommend making it so that two buttons activate the EX move, since the hypers are done with double quarter circles.
4. I feel he could use a damage buff.
5. Also, I think that either the napalm bomb should be destroyed when hit with a projectile, or have the bomb itself not hit the opponent at all, Tam-Tam's ground fireball thingy.

1. I am aware of this. I'm very unhappy with how I executed this super, and have improved upon it.
2. An air dash is something I will consider in the future.
3. Noted for later. Having a "strong" variation of each special would be greatly beneficial for the character, and it's something I wish to put in a future update.
4. I actually never thought this was the case, but I have made changes to this.
5. I've been meaning to give Napalm Bomb a piece of my mind for a while. It's taken a hefty cut.

With (some, not all; the rest will come later) of this info at hand, I have now updated Tails to a [hopefully] more comfortable state. My website still works, so you should be able to download the update there.

Feedback would be great as always, as I'm looking to improve upon my own work all the time.
idk I'm going home
Re: Tails (From Tails' Adventure) (UPDATE AUG. 27 2017)
#5  September 07, 2017, 09:12:48 pm
  • Oh okay
Updated Tails today. He now sports an air dash and strong variations of specials (more in the changelist). He should be even more comfortable to play now.
idk I'm going home