YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat 2 MUGEN v1.1 (Read 92511 times)

Started by Juano16, December 26, 2009, 12:07:41 am
Share this topic:
Re: Mortal Kombat 2 MUGEN v1.0
#21  December 30, 2009, 08:20:39 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Awesome work Juano. This is the best MK project done so far.

Although some of these changes can make the game much more fun:

- Giving noob siabot his original moves from UMK 3 and the later games.
- Adding Ermac.
- Changing smoke to his robot form.
- Adding more moves for the ninjas from the first mortal kombat movie. They were so awesome. Scorpion and reptile in perticular.
- Giving jade seperate moves

#22  December 31, 2009, 01:50:16 am
@T-Rex: I think that what he meant to make is a remake of MK2 in Mugen (with a few LITTLE tweaks, like combos)... The ideas you suggested are too far from the idea.
#23  December 31, 2009, 04:40:53 am
  • I'm a llama!
@T-Rex: I think that what he meant to make is a remake of MK2 in Mugen (with a few LITTLE tweaks, like combos)... The ideas you suggested are too far from the idea.

No they are'nt. A remake implies changes that remain true to the source yet add a twist to the whole project. Giving different movesets to ninjas are a change for the better, as cloning offers little variety in gameplay. Noob Saibot and Smoke can definetely use different moves and I'am sure many would agree with that. Adding the cyborg smoke may drift from the main idea so I concede on that point(although it would be nice to have atleast one robot).  

Ermac was technically in Mk 2 as he was present throughout the first two tournaments as a hidden character. He even appears in Shoalin monks as a secret boss in the shrine stage which is a nod to his mysterious presence which were speculated as rumors.  

The moves from the MK movie are'nt out of source either. The ninjas in the first movie were based on their MK 2 persona and their moves were not special attacks like what was seen in the later MK games. They were melee attacks that fitted the fighing style of MK2.
#24  December 31, 2009, 02:24:03 pm

No they are'nt. A remake implies changes that remain true to the source yet add a twist to the whole project. Giving different movesets to ninjas are a change for the better, as cloning offers little variety in gameplay. Noob Saibot and Smoke can definetely use different moves and I'am sure many would agree with that. Adding the cyborg smoke may drift from the main idea so I concede on that point(although it would be nice to have atleast one robot).  

Ermac was technically in Mk 2 as he was present throughout the first two tournaments as a hidden character. He even appears in Shoalin monks as a secret boss in the shrine stage which is a nod to his mysterious presence which were speculated as rumors.  

The moves from the MK movie are'nt out of source either. The ninjas in the first movie were based on their MK 2 persona and their moves were not special attacks like what was seen in the later MK games. They were melee attacks that fitted the fighing style of MK2.

Well, I believe Juano doesn't think like you.

MK2 had no robots, and I agree on that completely.

Ermac wasn't even a character before UMK3, that whole Error Macro thing is ridiculous.

About the MK Movie moves, sure, they are nice, but it's the movie, not the game. The game had it's moves, and they are to be respected. There are many other MK2 Mugen "REMAKES" that have these moves (and many other ridiculous ones), and I'm cool with Juano not doing any more than he already did.
#25  January 01, 2010, 02:21:20 am
  • I'm a llama!
Well, I believe Juano doesn't think like you.

way to pull a psychic. I mean really, I should have seen that coming. "OH FUK HE KAN LUK AT UR MINDS".

MK2 had no robots, and I agree on that completely.

Do you find it difficult to read my posts?

I just said "it would be cool to add atleast one" because it would be more enjoyable to have a robot then having a clone ninja. Only one god damn robot. My original statement:

Adding the cyborg smoke may drift from the main idea so I concede on that point(although it would be nice to have atleast one robot).  

God, some people can be so dense at times..

Ermac wasn't even a character before UMK3, that whole Error Macro thing is ridiculous.

I don't remember MK2 featuring stages from MK1, Shang Tsung having a transformation intro, Scorpion having his own stage with the song taken from The Pit 3, all this stage material taken directly from UMK3. Its called creating a "remake".

About the MK Movie moves, sure, they are nice, but it's the movie, not the game.

No shit sherlock. I absolutely missed the fact that ed boon had nothing to do with the movie and its scripts at all.

The game had it's moves, and they are to be respected.

Oh like the creators did for MK:SM which is essentially a remake of MK2 and emphasized those perticular moves only.. oh wait.

There are many other MK2 Mugen "REMAKES" that have these moves (and many other ridiculous ones),

Name me one project that has anything remotely similar to the movie melee moves done by Scorpion, Subzero and Reptile or atleast featuring their perticular designs from the movie for that matter.

and I'm cool with Juano not doing any more than he already did.

Oh sure, he has satisfied everyone here. Its a full game, and I don't think there are many bugs in it at all.

So, now what? leave it like it is or add features that will make it more interesting?  

Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 04:12:56 am by Tyrannosaurus rex
#26  January 01, 2010, 05:27:54 am
the game have a lot of minor bugs, the only major bugs that i noticed is the liu kang air fireball and the battle plan super bug when you choose the arcade mode with player 2

but my main complain is the poor AI in the game  :-\ , i need to practice more in code AI for the chars

im fixing little bugs that im finding and others that the ppl report, for now, im polishing the actual stuffs, fixing ones, recoding others, but im not adding new stuffs like new chars, new attacks or changes in the engine

there is some left stuffs that i not fixed before the launch, and im working in that, for example im working in stuffs to have different palletes in the chars, bacause in the v1.0 there isnt second pallete, only a dark effect.

i not want to enter in the polemic about "original Arcade" VS "inovation" is impossible make everyworld happy

for now thats my idea with the game, remember i not feel it like a complete version yet
#27  January 01, 2010, 06:33:36 am
  • That's awesome!
    • Canada
I don't like dark palettes and did I tell you that there is a bug in team where the full game can freeze due to scorpion's spear because it just
hit two opponents in team mode and it freezes. Fix that so it can hit one opponent. Oh and add a stage for noob as his dorfen.
#28  January 01, 2010, 10:36:25 pm
    • www.evilmugen.altervista.org
very nice, juano, you are a great author!
happy new year
#29  January 03, 2010, 10:34:08 pm
    • mkscratcher.mugengermany.com/
Great Project, I escpecially like how the Combat Tree worked out.
Don't know what else to say, other than I am looking forward to more stuff of yours  ;)
#30  January 10, 2010, 02:39:40 am
  • That's awesome!
    • Canada
Are you gonna update shang tsung mk2, soul/female/cyborg ninja?
#31  January 10, 2010, 10:29:56 pm
Hahah, this T-Rex guy is hilarious...
...Oh well.

Anyways, Juano, the only thing I see here missing is a slightly better AI...
Oh, and could you turn down the volume on the MK 1 stages? I know I can do it myself, but you should do it for the next version.

EDIT: I always forget to mention.
When you do SubZero's decapitation fatality on a female, it sounds like it's a male. Just wanted to point it out.
Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 10:39:34 pm by wladodragovic
#32  January 11, 2010, 08:34:30 am
  • Victory Means Nothing ... The Fight Is Everything!
Ar you kidding ?  --;

Initializing...
Allocating game variables
Reading configuration file...OK
Initializing timer...performance timer enabled...frequency 3579545...OK
Initializing keyboard...configuring...OK
Initializing input engine...OK
Initializing sound...OK
Initializing graphics...gameCoord 790x508...render mode 0_0...trying 790x508x16 mode 0x1...success...OK
Setting callbacks...OK
Initializing font...OK
Initializing game variables...OK
Loading system fonts...OK
Loading options...
Initializing pads...failed
Reinitializing input engine...OK
Remapping keys...OK
Reinitializing input engine...OK
Options loaded OK
Loading system...
  Load system file system.def...OK
  Load system spr...OK
  Load system snd...OK
  Load system fonts...OK
  Load system anim...OK
  Load [Title Info]...OK
  Load [Option Info]...OK
  Load [Select Info]...OK
  Load [VS Screen]...OK
  Load [Victory Screen]...OK
  Load [Demo Mode]...OK
  Load [Continue Screen]...OK
  Load [Game Over Screen]...OK
  Load [Win Screen]...OK
  Load [Survival Results Screen]...OK
  Load [Default Ending]...OK
  Load [End Credits]...OK
  Load TitleBG...VersusBG...VictoryBG...Error loading VictoryBG
SelectBG...OptionBG...OK
  Loading fight data
    Opening fight data file data/fight.def...OK
    Reading [Files]...OK
    Loading fonts...OK
    Load fight anim...OK
    Reading [Lifebar]...[Turns Lifebar]...[Simul Lifebar]...[Powerbar]...
    [Face]...[Simul Face]...[Turns Face]...
    [Name]...[Simul Name]...[Turns Name]...
    [Time]...[Combo]...[Round]...[WinIcon]...OK
    Allocating explods...OK
  Fight data loaded OK
System loaded OK
Initialize OK
Set up graphics...timer...OK
Playing storyboard mk2logo.def: scene
Storyboard playback finished OK
Finished playing storyboard mk2logo.def: scene
Initializing character info...OK
Initializing select screen...finding characters...
  Error reading character file: chars/blank/blank.def

Reuben "Reu" Kee

You will not be forgotten my friend !

programm

#33  January 26, 2010, 09:39:05 pm
How did you makethe real fatalities? I use some characters from that MK anthology and I must say his work was pretty unimaginative and lame - stages that basicly combine same sprites in different ways, characters with almost no differences, just useless spam of characters. Unlike him you did a gr8 job, and having characters with the real fatalities would be better. That reminds me, in MKanthology all fatalities were decapitating with uppercut or some random move - again very boring and unimaginative.

Bad server. Links broken.
Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 09:54:33 pm by programm
#34  January 26, 2010, 10:42:13 pm
How did you makethe real fatalities? I use some characters from that MK anthology and I must say his work was pretty unimaginative and lame - stages that basicly combine same sprites in different ways, characters with almost no differences, just useless spam of characters. Unlike him you did a gr8 job, and having characters with the real fatalities would be better. That reminds me, in MKanthology all fatalities were decapitating with uppercut or some random move - again very boring and unimaginative.

Bad server. Links broken.

i know, all my downloads are down because the server was closed, im gonna reupload all to mediafile or 4shared in another moment

mmm, about the fatalitys, how did i created?, well i coded all, dont compare with anthology, because are different engines, i didnt base in mkp 4.1

#35  January 26, 2010, 11:07:55 pm
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA

Well to be fair in MK2 Smoke would leave a clue referencing Ermac "Ermac who?" much like Jade's clue which references Chun Li from Street Fighter "Chun who?"
#36  January 31, 2010, 03:45:27 am
i reuploaded the v1.0, is the mirror link in my page
#37  May 26, 2010, 10:39:29 am
Link is broken. Page in signature also broken. Please reupload.
#38  May 27, 2010, 07:15:57 am
Link is broken. Page in signature also broken. Please reupload.

sorry, i forgotten to put the link to the 4shared mirror
the server was erased, but a friend give me another, then im uploading to that new host, im gonna reupload all my mugen stuffs there, but also i will launch too the little update of this game, the v1.1, i didnt do much stuffs there because i didnt have much time, but the changed that i remember about the new version is:
  • Now i use SFFv2 for shang, then now i have 2 palletes for each morph, no more dark effect for the chars
  • I fixed some problems like the liu kang's air fireball that doesnt work, a bug in the animation of teleport punch of one of the ninjas where appear a kintaro's sprite, and maybe there is other attacks that i dont remember
  • I remember that i remade some stuffs in the AI of the char
  • A friend made a gameover and credits
  • I recoded the noob's spine ripo fatality to have better movement of the head
  • Noob isn't now a chameleon, he now only have the spear, slide, invisible, air trow from the other ninjas, now he have some of his umk3 moves, he have the cloud attack and teleport trow, I will code the shadow trow today
  • The ninjas have now run sprites (made by a friend)
  • I dont remember if i added the intro of the arcade (the history and blablalbla), if not, now the game have it, if yes then discahrd this point
  • Two new stages, a clone of the pit 2 that have different background and color swap, and the sky temple, both was made by friends, pd, the sky temple have stage fatality
  • I remade the effect of the punch of the pit 2 stage fatality, now is more like arcade
  • I dont remember what other change or fix i did  :S

i will make another video about that changes to the launch of the update, it will be when i reupload my page, also i will upload the little update in my soul ninja umk3 (he have a bug fixed in the deep freeze fatality, and i added an ingame movelist), he is the one of my chars that i updated  :'(

EDIT: i remember now another change

I added some codes to be used for the fight, like disable trow, disable special moves MKA announcer and a klassic kombat mode (some stuffs in basics are bit more like the arcade)

and now raiden have his mk1 light effect while he is stand
Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 08:24:57 am by Juano Borsalino
#39  May 27, 2010, 09:25:03 am
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
this update sounds pretty cool ^^
#40  May 28, 2010, 03:54:35 am
  • That's awesome!
    • Canada
You forgot to upload the WINMUGEN chars and an add-on finish him music for stages. Reupload that.