YesNoOk

CVS Maxima POTS/Infinite by Falcon Rapper  (Read 119109 times)

Started by Falcon Rapper, May 23, 2017, 02:43:36 am
Share this topic:
Re: CVS Maxima POTS/Infinite by Falcon Rapper
#101  May 25, 2017, 01:35:39 am
  • The answer lies. In the heart of battle.
    • France
    • nakutou@live.fr
It'd be sad to see you go, to be honest.

I really love what you're doing.
#102  May 25, 2017, 01:36:30 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Just a thought.....
Since Maxima is technially an andriod/cyborg wouldnt it be cool if he had a metallic sound for his damage sounds....like Warmachine and IronMan.
He's pretty tight though, I like him

Yes, I even thought of this, put "envshake" and sounds during walk and run and change the "jump dust" sound, but I thought it would look very much like Mr. Infinite's SVK version, where I preserved the standard sounds of the POTS style, only changing its weight and speed.
your ground and guard hittimes are exactly the same so you don't get a disadvantage for attacks that are guarded.
you should use your standing CLSN for turning and walking, some of the CLSN looks weird, its not consistent almost
looks different on all frames of animation in a lot of his anim.

I see you like snk, infinite style  and your pumping out chars quick, I would advise to take a little bit more time and DO your own
CLSN, I understand it could be boring for some but its an important part of your character and if you take time to
fix them your chars will benefit and come out a lot better.

Most of the CLSN I usually get from chars already ready, I copy and paste in the FF3 notebook. With the exception of "gethit" (5000-5945), in the rest I just copy and paste existing chars. If the person uses the char to play, he does not repair the mistakes, if the person lowers the char to be looking for a mediocre mistake, then it gets tricky, I think it's better then to come out complaining not only with myself, but also with Mr. M.M.R. And the other developers of the char I created (all listed in the credits, see in readme.txt... If this really did bring a significant bug, I would certainly change it, but no, so I will not change it, so please stop looking for insignificant things and relax a bit, life is beautiful ... :D

The CLSN is not insignificant...its the most important part of a character.  That comment you made
gives me the impression you don't know how fighting games work.

If you want a COTM trophy so bad you better stop half assing your chars and take time to make them correctly.

I do not want a trophy, if I get it all right, otherwise life goes on, what I want is to leave a legacy, that is, convert the maximum chars from KOF to CVS. By the way, you have been saying that cln's are wrong... Speak the animation that I check and correct, now I came hunting defect where it does not exist I think it's a bit annoying, it's not the first time that you have to keep looking for a small thing In my chars. If the problem is COTM or COTY or even the COTW est already, it's simple, I can stop posting here and post it in other forums where there are not so many people who want to appear at the creations of others...

Your leaving a legacy of half assed work that other people did, I'm just pointing
Out clsn because alot of you guys and who you look up too would repeat the
Same mistakes.  I'm just giving you feedback that would make your characters
Better, CLSN is very important keep that in mind.
#103  May 25, 2017, 01:39:51 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Clsn isn't important to him though. It was good feedback at first but now you need to dial it down because you're being way too pushy.
#104  May 25, 2017, 01:42:20 am
  • #1 Boss Lady
    • UK
^This. Strive to always improve though, don't pull a chuchoryu  ::)

MEMO knows what he's talking about. Character's decent but don't shrug off good critiques as nitpicking, he's trying to help you make better characters.
#105  May 25, 2017, 01:46:46 am
He does mean well at heart.
#106  May 25, 2017, 02:00:43 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
We all want everyone to give their best of course. But everyone has a different definition of best too.
#107  May 25, 2017, 02:04:55 am
  • Niigasan
Clsn are kinda important mane, trust me I hate doing them but getting them alteast just right makes the character play a lot better , they dont have to be perfect by any means
#108  May 25, 2017, 02:09:17 am
  • É nóis! :D
    • Brazil
    • www.facebook.com/groups/MugenFDR/
Dude the question is: All CLSN's have been fixed ... But, if Maxima is a machine, I am not. I'm just a human being, I can hit and miss. An example: When I made Rugal, the Kaiser Wave's CLSN2 was too high, where Staubhold left the feedback and I adjusted it correctly. The question is: Which CLSN is incorrect? That simple. I apologize because I have a strong temperament. I try to do my best, even this often not pleasing.
#109  May 25, 2017, 02:25:03 am
    • Brazil
#110  May 25, 2017, 03:20:05 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Great, just great Falcão! Thanks for another nice job, will do a vid tomorrow. :)

I think Kim and Choi are missing a fat little friend

HELL YEAH!! :D

nice  why dont do a shermie?

Cruz will do her. ;)

What the hell just happend in this thread!?

You are a racist,

@Walruslui, sorry but i can't stop laughing at this. :XD:

Also funny that some take TheFclass video too serious. Man, TheFclass just have a personal sense of humor. jk ;P

But seriously, i can tell for myself that Falcão is a good one that always pay attention for feedbacks, he doesn't have an inflated ego or something like that, he just had afraid that someone could offending him because of your works, despite that no one offending him here.

Falcão, keep cool and keep doing your best. :)

lui

#111  May 25, 2017, 03:43:55 am
    • USA
not sure why you're bringing that up when all of that rei bullshit has been calmed down by now. you're just risking to bring it all back up again, tho I know it's funny to think about since I still haven't received an answer like usual. it's best to just leave it
#112  May 25, 2017, 05:06:38 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 05:09:57 am by Memo

DW

#113  May 25, 2017, 05:54:39 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
You're wasting your time. Best just to let sleeping dogs lie.
#114  May 25, 2017, 06:05:26 am
  • Niigasan
I mean, he literally said let him know which hotboxes need fixing cuz I'm sure not every one of em needs fixing.
#115  May 25, 2017, 06:19:01 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
I mean, he literally said let him know which hotboxes need fixing cuz I'm sure not every one of em needs fixing.

The best animation he has is the standing, I would personally
Redo all of them but its not necessary, the ones that should be
Fixed are the anim with the jumpy frames that have no consistency
You'll see them.  But its cool I'm personally making him a patch
With everything re done to show falcon what I mean instead of
Just typing away, almost done too.
#116  May 25, 2017, 08:02:53 am
    • Brazil
Ok lets go...

Maxima by MMR - Edited by Infinite

Maxima by me

Basically, I used the same CLSN's just had to slow the animation after the blow to have no advantage ... I think every creator should use the method in which he understands that it is better for the development of the char, I hope you understand, It is not easy to edit sprite by sprite, photoshop helps a lot, but does not do it all alone. Generally when doing the sprites I am already adding them to FF3, where I always leave a char such as the base so that it has an accelerated process. Even so, I always check the same, to avoid some bug (although they happen, whenever I can I'm correcting them). I do not know if this is right (copy the animation of a char already ready), but it is the method that I used in the creation of Maxima (Unlike Choi, which I did one by one), always giving credits to which created the same, In this case, both MMR, Infinite, Aomura and Ahuron (in the sprites and animations of the sfx of the Bunker Buster).
That is clear, is the form that I fit better, each creator does in a way and I think that all forms must be respected, since in the end the result comes as expected, not to mention that are things that go unnoticed during the course of game...

#117  May 25, 2017, 08:49:33 am
You... How can you be so good making your chars POT's Style?
Anyway... I dare you to do Hinako and Malin from KoF, if you can!

Don't do that shit, don't request people making stuff for you in a roundabout way.
#118  May 25, 2017, 09:56:06 am
  • (>owo)><(owo<)
Basically, I used the same CLSN's just had to slow the animation after the blow to have no advantage
You can also just adjust the ground.hittime to manipulate advantage on hit and guard.hittime to manipulate advantage on block.

Also, about his stand medium punch for your Maxima, I believe that the animation is from far standing fierce punch in KOF. As you can see, the way they designed the hitbox for kof is meant to also hit crouchers unless they have a small profile when they crouch.

The hitbox for your Maxima's standing medium punch for you Maxima doesn't do that

Also, I'll share something you might wanna try. You can search for framedata and apply their hitstuns based on the framedata. I understand that you're going for POTS style so I think coming up with different advantages can be a thing but when doing that, try to base it from the original framedata and then take some liberties to whether increase the advantage or decrease it to fit the style.

About the hitboxes, if you end up using someone's character as a base, I suggest to sometimes check on hitboxes from original games and redesign the hitboxes from the characters you're using the base from base on the original hitboxes from original games.

Well, I guess it's alright to take some liberties in terms of designing hitboxes but don't forget to think about why you're making modifications to it design wise in terms of gameplay.
Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 10:28:16 am by krudelu
#119  May 25, 2017, 11:07:30 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
How come maxima has 3 animations numbered 1050?
You have 3 vapor cannon animations all with the same
Number 1050. I'm pretty sure mugen can only read 1 of
Them, I'm surprised this doesn't crash mugen.

Edit*
Nevermind I think its a FF bug
Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 11:16:54 am by Memo
#120  May 25, 2017, 05:19:20 pm
I noticed, Maxima's skill has no guard point.
I think that the guard point is characteristic of Maxima.
I want you to implement guard point.