YesNoOk

Rotten Core by Team Aiduzzi - Crowdfunding Campaign (Read 63902 times)

Started by Aiduzzi, May 02, 2016, 01:51:58 pm
Share this topic:
Rotten Core by Team Aiduzzi - Crowdfunding Campaign
#1  May 02, 2016, 01:51:58 pm
  • Antonodi'!
Hi guys! I'm Aiduzzi.
I don't know if you already know this, but today I'm starting a crowdfunding campaign with my team: Team Aiduzzi! (not really original, isn't it?  ;D). That's for a game called "Rotten Core".

Now I get to the point. I'm here to talk about this project. As you maybe know, this game will be implemented with a sort of hybrid version of Mugen (we'll use part of the code of a modified Mugen engine combined with other professional engine such as Unity). I was contacted by a producer who contacted Elecbyte and bought a licensed version of Mugen from them. Actually, this game is a collaboration with Elecbyte. :)

The idea is to use my old chars and complete the roster with 4 other chars (8 if we reach streatch goals). Plus, we want to add new mechanics of gameplay to make this game more interesting. Background and all explosions will be HD, and totally original. The game is for PC (Steam) and if the campaign goes well, even for consoles (PS4/Xbox One).

We would like to make this topic as a place to talk about this project. I came from Mugen, and Mugen community is very important for me and for dev team.

If all goes well, We'll give you a funny and mad game with funny and mad characters.   ;)

If you like this project please support us, or maybe share this project with your friends.
Thank you very much my friends! :)

We're going to launch a little contest very soon, so stay tuned!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/rotten-core-a-bizarre-old-school-fighting-game/x/12844359#/
Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 01:57:54 pm by Aiduzzi
Re: Rotten Core by Team Aiduzzi - Crowdfunding Campaign
#2  May 02, 2016, 02:12:32 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
Aiduzzi?
OH MAN How are you!! :) I wanted to say thank you for your chars!
I'll check your new project, dude! It's good to see you back! You've awaken great memories in me. :p
#3  May 02, 2016, 02:30:38 pm
I was going to ask you if Ubu could get a sprite update, but you've already answered me:
3. All characters, voices, stages and visual effects (explosions) will be original?

Yes. We want to draw these ones from scratch. All characters are original (we want to fix Ubu and make him original), all voices are original, all stages too. We want to draw new original explosions and replace them or some other, new ones.

The new characters are so twisted it's amazing! And Embargo is too funny, especially his curse.
Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 02:38:25 pm by Sin-
#4  May 02, 2016, 02:35:52 pm
  • Spriter-in-Training
  • Learning new ways to sprite
    • USA
    • Skype - altherprimus
Seeing this stuff is awesomeness considering as how I never have a MUGEN without your chars.  Expect a donation or two from me in the upcoming months.
Xan (on Skype) said:
Because fuck logic it's mugen

The reason I don't post more is because 1: I rarely have anything to say, and 2: I stink at saying it XP
#5  May 02, 2016, 02:47:18 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Yes! This is great news. I hope it goes splendid, if you eve rneed any help I can give , hit me up Aiduzzi, Ive been a fan of your originality for years and its amazing seeing you put your talent out like this.

HQ

#6  May 02, 2016, 03:20:33 pm
Huge fan of your previous work! Great to see you back!

Will the game also work on mac? via wineskin at least?

Constructive Feedback:
Art wise - I think the indiegogo campaign feels a bit rushed to me (starting from the logo to the artwork that seems to be filtered with the cutout filter by Photoshop - it is a shame as your artwork has so much potential and filters make the artwork look worse in 99 out of 100 cases)

This artwork here is what you should go for:

With the theme you have going for the game, the screenpack is way too joyful (especially the lifebars). So far the game concept looks more like mugen pack than a fully fledged concept of a game to me. To be honest, usually games have trailers and concepts that are en par with Borghi's BlackHeart game
http://www.theblackheart.com.ar/
I'd also recommend using low res- effects and pixelated backgrounds instead of these hi-res ones. The clash of resolutions is something that makes the fighters look totally out of place + it would literally save you 12.000$ based on your information- HD Projectiles, Explosions and Backgrounds ($12,000)

Anyways good luck! if you need help, I'm also here!

EDIT because I really think this has so much potential!
Go take your time, create all the artwork with love to detail! No simple blend background like the placeholder cover, no simple fonts that everybody is tired of (like used in "CORE" or the lifebars etc) Let me make a mock up for you to show what's possible- I'll post it later ;)
Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 03:25:16 pm by HQ
#7  May 02, 2016, 06:20:11 pm
  • Antonodi'!
Thank you guys for your appreciations!  ;D

HQ your feedbacks are very interesting. I think you're right on many points.
About artworks: Maybe you're right, but it took me a long time to draw those artworks you posted. And in a campaign for a videogame you have to draw so many artworks! Sometime you have to do something that is more easy and fast to draw! ;) But I promised that in the final game you'll get the best artworks that I'm able to draw, especially for the story mode.

About the screenpack and lifebars. Well, consider that they are still a very WIP. So they are not on their final version. Any suggestion is well accepted ;)

About low res stages. You point of view is interesting, and maybe you're right. But we talked with some important persons who works on videogame's industry and they said that his res stages make the game more... oh well, "saleable". We want to work so much on stages. Make them very spectacular to see. But if we'll see that our efforts on hd stages is useless or maybe harmful for the game, we'll take your good suggestion.

P.S. As always, I'm very sorry for my pitiful english.  =(
Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 06:23:20 pm by Aiduzzi
#8  May 02, 2016, 06:23:15 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
#9  May 02, 2016, 06:35:24 pm
    • USA
Yeah, I didn't want to be a party pooper so I avoided the thread for a while but I would seriously check things out there and see if everything's truly alright. I remember when I was contacted by a guy who supposedly had the rights to a Breakers remake a while ago. I got the fuck out of the deal as soon as I found out how little idea the guy had about... Well, pretty much anything. It was a legal disaster waiting to happen.

I assume you already contacted the Elecbyte staff by yourself though, and possibly got some replies to know that everything's 100% alright because this could be quite serious otherwise, as it involves money.
#10  May 02, 2016, 06:43:50 pm
  • Fight for your life! I need a new challenger ;)
    • Italy
    • luca.darkmaster@gmail.com
    • Skype - eventorizon
    • www.mushashugyorpg.com
Hi Aiduzzi, I'm a supporter :)
And I'd like to contact you but I don't know how. Can you drop me a personal message maybe? Dunno why, but I can't. I've got an interesting proposal for you.
Musha Shugyo, the Fighting game in a Box! Support it on Ulule and learn more on http://www.acchiappasogni.org/msrpg/?page_id=59
#11  May 02, 2016, 06:47:11 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
You can send pms now, your account was unverified.
#12  May 02, 2016, 06:49:15 pm
    • Italy
    • Skype - eventorizon
    • www.mushashugyorpg.com
Musha Shugyo, the Fighting game in a Box! Support it on Ulule and learn more on http://www.acchiappasogni.org/msrpg/?page_id=59
#13  May 02, 2016, 06:58:25 pm
  • Antonodi'!
Yeah, I didn't want to be a party pooper so I avoided the thread for a while but I would seriously check things out there and see if everything's truly alright. I remember when I was contacted by a guy who supposedly had the rights to a Breakers remake a while ago. I got the fuck out of the deal as soon as I found out how little idea the guy had about... Well, pretty much anything. It was a legal disaster waiting to happen.

I assume you already contacted the Elecbyte staff by yourself though, and possibly got some replies to know that everything's 100% alright because this could be quite serious otherwise, as it involves money.
You're doing the right thing Red. I have to confess that I was skeptical as you when I was contacted for the first time.
Just one thing, I was not the one who contacted Elecbyte. As I said there is a producer who spent his money to buy an licensed version Mugen for commercial use. ;)

Thedarkmaster try to send me a PM. If not, I'll be glad to answer here ;)
#14  May 02, 2016, 07:00:58 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Before I toss money on this, because I want to, I would really like to see documented proof that this is in fact possible. It sounds sketchy if there was a middleman involved and you never got into contact with Elecbyte themselves, who have been MIA for the better part of a year now, iirc. I didn't even know they sold licensed versions of the engine. If that were the case why was this not a publicly available option to the rest of us :(
#15  May 02, 2016, 07:08:13 pm
    • USA
Just one thing, I was not the one who contacted Elecbyte. As I said there is a producer who spent his money to buy an licensed version Mugen for commercial use. ;)

That's precisely the problem though. You should make sure that everything is right on your own, don't just rely on your producer. You're the public figure of the team, if something goes wrong all the heat will only land on you.

Not even Borghi was able to contact them and his game is one of the most known mugen games outside of the community.
#16  May 02, 2016, 07:09:03 pm
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
Before I toss money on this, because I want to, I would really like to see documented proof that this is in fact possible. ut sounds sketchy if there was a middleman involved and you never got into contact with elecbyte themselves, who have been MIA for the better part of a year. I didn't even know they sold licensed versions of the engine. If that were the case why was this not a publicly available option to the rest of us :(

Agreed. Get this proof for your own sake as well.

Additionally, I've noticed in the video that you're using a lot of assets from commercial games (including frankenspriting), which could cause some legal issues. I would recommend re-tracing your own sprite-sheets so that you don't have to start completely from scratch. That'll hopefully help you keep a unified art-style as well. Your own style is honesly way more interesting than the one shown in the video (which is good looking in its own right)

I hope this doesn't come off as rude. I wish you a lot of luck.
Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 12:08:26 am by Graphicus
#17  May 02, 2016, 07:09:31 pm
    • Italy
    • Skype - eventorizon
    • www.mushashugyorpg.com
Before I toss money on this, because I want to, I would really like to see documented proof that this is in fact possible. It sounds sketchy if there was a middleman involved and you never got into contact with Elecbyte themselves, who have been MIA for the better part of a year now, iirc. I didn't even know they sold licensed versions of the engine. If that were the case why was this not a publicly available option to the rest of us :(

I wouldn't be that concerned Umezono! After all, it's a crowdfunding campaign with months as a life span. If a copyright issue or something like this should arise, it'd happen for sure before the end of the campaign. The indiegogo project would be closed and you'd have your money back :)
I already run a pair of crowdfunding campaigns myself, it's relatively safe.
#18  May 02, 2016, 07:11:33 pm
    • Italy
    • Skype - eventorizon
    • www.mushashugyorpg.com
Aiduzzi I sent you a PM :)
please let me know!
#19  May 02, 2016, 07:13:37 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
I don't know, that would raise false hopes and ruin my confidence in the project. I think a issue like this that could slap the whole thing with a C&D right when it picks up steam, should be resolved before they start accepting people's money. I'm confident my money would get refunded but I wanted to give it away in the first place and I can't do that if this is illegal.

Also, @thedarkmaster: don't double post. Use the "edit" button.
#20  May 02, 2016, 08:37:30 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Looking at the game you could take some inspiration from guilty gear for the stage and lifebars
The Psx version
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 08:44:06 pm by City_Hunter
#21  May 02, 2016, 08:43:28 pm
    • Italy
Hey there, Aiduzzi!
here's Ganassa,
I'm an italian artist, i just found your work via Multiplayer.it.
I'm interested in some sort of collaboration, contact me on my mail (just google me, you'll find my blog and stuff).
See you!
#22  May 02, 2016, 08:54:44 pm
  • Antonodi'!
Additionally, I've noticed in the video that you're using a lot of assets from commercial games (including frankenspriting), which could cause some legal issues. I would recommend re-tracing your own sprite-sheets so that you don't have to start completely from scratch. That'll hopefully help you keep a unified art-style as well. Your own style is honesly way more interesting than that the one shown in the video (which is good looking in its own right)
Graphicus if you go on the campaign page, you'll that it's written that all explosions, voices, sfxs will be draw again from schatch (and in HD). ;) About "frankenspriting"... I think you mean Ubu which was originally an edited fighter (but with a lot of sprites made by me!). As we said in the crowdfunding page, Ubu will be fixed to become an original character (and as I said, there A LOT of sprites not ripped but made by me. Actually I think that Ubu ripped sprites are not more than 30%, so it will be an hard work but not an impossible one). All you can see in the video is just to give an idea of the game. You that a video for a crowdfunding page is very important. We needed to show it. I cannot work alone in a big project like this, and obviously I cannot make all the changes without a decent budget.  :( I'm not a stupid, I don't want to use even an half of sprites that belongs to something else.

All of you guys are right. I hope you'll be able to contact Elecbyte very soon to confirm that what I said about our license is true. Mugen is something that I love, I don't wanna stole nothing from it.
#23  May 02, 2016, 09:09:18 pm
if you're gonna ask for money on this then why not go for a proprietary engine to develop your game? or make your own? there's lots of engines out there that bypass all of mugen's limitations, especially the online multiplayer limitation.
you seem like a trusted user, but contracting Elecbyte is just too hard to believe.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#24  May 02, 2016, 09:39:23 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
All of you guys are right. I hope you'll be able to contact Elecbyte very soon to confirm that what I said about our license is true. Mugen is something that I love, I don't wanna stole nothing from it.

Shouldn't be the other way instead? You should be the one showing proof of that authorization or license granting, not us.
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#25  May 02, 2016, 09:40:47 pm
#26  May 02, 2016, 09:42:58 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Yeah dude, getting Elecbyte to answer is an issue we find and the reason why we want to see the licensing. Not because we dont want it to happen but because none of us that tried to contact them usually gets an answer from them.

If someone got it then its a matter of minutes to show that it exists. Aidu, please make sure that this license is not something you were TOLD that exists but that you yourself sees with your own eyes. As you are giving your face for the project this is very important for your sake as well.

Also if you managed to get a license you should consider contacting Borghi, who was trying to get it for quite a while.
#27  May 02, 2016, 09:44:22 pm
    • Zimbabwe
Anyway, the Indigogo campaign page explain that Mugen code source will be tweaked to get more custom stuff related to the new game mechanisms.
So if Aiduzzi get the source code, it's because Elecbyte sent it to him, no?
#28  May 02, 2016, 09:46:35 pm
  • ORA ORA!!!
if you're gonna ask for money on this then why not go for a proprietary engine to develop your game? or make your own? there's lots of engines out there that bypass all of mugen's limitations, especially the online multiplayer limitation.
you seem like a trusted user, but contracting Elecbyte is just too hard to believe.

That's a good idea. You can make a demo gameplay with the actual work to call the attention of some programmer, that's not easy too, but can be a way.  Make disclosure in game foruns, FB, etc.
#29  May 02, 2016, 09:53:45 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Anyway, the Indigogo campaign page explain that Mugen code source will be tweaked to get more custom stuff related to the new game mechanisms.
So if Aiduzzi get the source code, it's because Elecbyte sent it to him, no?

There is no proof of anything yet.
#30  May 02, 2016, 09:58:58 pm
    • Zimbabwe
Yes, I understand.
Aiduzzi probably does not have the source code yet.
#31  May 02, 2016, 10:11:49 pm
  • Antonodi'!
Well guys, I have contacted the project manager, Jeremy Patterson. He said the he's waiting to release more information until we make sure we are not violating any nda's (non disclosure agreement) from Elecbyte. Just to be sure. But keep in mind that the response may take a while due to the Elecbyte contact is in a time zone where it is night. So be patient!  ;)
#32  May 02, 2016, 11:52:48 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
That either seems extremely sketchy or extremely naive. The project manager of all people should be the one who knows without a doubt right away. Additionally, Mane6 was publicly able to disclose that they could use Fighter Maker and then whatever the Skullgirls engine is called, so this just seems more shady than it initally was.

EDIT: I'm not saying it's out of the question though, mainly because the campaign IS fixed funding.
Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 12:01:15 am by J.A.N.G.O.
#33  May 03, 2016, 12:14:55 am
what boggles my mind is why would someone go through the trouble of making original sprites and assets for a fully fledged fighting game then decide to use them on mugen.
use any of the hundreds of engines out there that are 1000 times better than it, especially when it comes to multiplayer.
and you can actually sell it right off the bat with most of the money going to you.
you would face no problems with licensing or needing to contract an inactive dev which if they responded they would obviously gonna ask for royalites from your game.
#34  May 03, 2016, 12:24:47 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
i got in contact with aiduzzi's team, and they are looking into having elecbyte post a announcement regarding the matter.

Bea

#35  May 03, 2016, 01:31:20 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
One, if you are using Mugen, remove those PSN and XBOX One stretch goals NOW.
You can't port this "engine" to run there. Even less so with the amount of money you are allotting for this "tasks".

Two, get rid of this bug ridden mess of an engine and have someone cook something that meets your requirements in Unity or Unreal. It would be way more productive that way. And there is this whole license mess going on too.
So, get rid of mugen and develop this in a real engine.

Edit:
$103,000 development of Rotten Core for PlayStation Network
$119,000 development of Rotten Core for Xbox One

Seriously, if you guys think that 32K is enough for this task, even if you somehow have the source code, you are absolutely wrong.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 01:41:37 am by Bea
#36  May 03, 2016, 01:54:59 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Yeah, XBone and PSN are not going to happen with MUGEN.

I'm with Bia here. Get someone to make an engine to do just what you need. You could probably even sell licenses to said engine and make some money off of that as well.

But someone saying they have a MUGEN license? Highly suspect. Wouldn't trust the guy who said it with $1.
Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 02:08:47 am by Jesuszilla

HQ

#37  May 03, 2016, 08:21:56 pm
Ok this is really going out of hand. Close to everything in this project literally screams SCAM now.

You seem to be the only valid point in there, but then again, you are not based in the US right? So how can the team/company be based in Phoenix, Arizona (as mentioned on the press page)

Why are there no company details mentioned?
Why develop with Mugen? Especially when some of the things you want to achieve with it is not possible (even with recoding it - based on the information of Bea & Jesuszilla)

Why are there so many team members and what is their REAL job?
- You do/ did all the graphics
- Someone "has" the licence from Elecbyte
- Someone will need to recode the engine
- Someone will need to code the characters (according to the press page that is you as well)

Looking at your press page, you mentioned:

Jeremy Patterson Project Manager/Art Producer

M. Aiduzzi Lead Programmer

Gary Strothers Graphic Artist/UI designer

Mimi Von Lace Social Media/Marketing Manager

Joshua Patterson Programmer

Roberto Alencar Graphic Artist

Fernando Valencia Valle Graphic Artist

Why do you work with these people to begin with if 100% of all that is currently visible is made by yours truely?
Why is Jeremy Patternson the guy that created the campaign? What prior experience do all these other members have? Do they have portfolio pages? Contact data? More information will make it much easier for people to trust you and the project.

I'm still interested in helping you improve this project, but as said, let's get professional here. If this is a serious project, sell it as this and form a company with these people. Act like it

#38  May 03, 2016, 09:50:08 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Yo scam is a very loaded word, I doubt anyone here is trying to scam anyone, but they might not realize the ammount of work they are setting themselves for or are promising.

HQ

#39  May 04, 2016, 01:15:59 am
True Iced.

YET - the facts so far are (and I hope they get resolved - I didn't mean to diminish Aiduzzi's great work, but the amount of big question marks concerning this project are just too much for any professional game project in the making - THAT wants to be crowdfunded)

- No proof of a Licence from Elecbyte. (so far - hey, usually this is the first thing you show around when you start a crowdfunding, a thing you have by your hand within 2 minutes if the question arises)

- No need for a Licence from Elecbyte, seeing how the goals they have set, don't work on the engine by our beloved Elecbyte. (so far- hey I'm not a coder, but I trust Bea's and Jesuszilla's judgment enough to also wonder if the makers of the project have seen the source code to begin with?)

- There's no company listed on the homepage, no adress, no nothing. If one wants to get a project like this done (for that amount of money), well then you go ahead and form a LLC, right?  A legal represantation, that allows for contract work, etc? Something that investors can "trust"?

- There's no prior work, besides the one by Aiduzzi. No portfolios, no cv's, etc. I tried googling the team, with very little success. I don't believe they are, but they could be random names, people that lied to Aiduzzi?

- The overall indiegogo feels VERY rushed, which is a shame. Why the rush? why the lack of professionalism towards the ONE thing that could lead to the success of their dream project?! Just look at the work you and Balthazar did on the first trailer of HYPER DBZ & that wasn't even to gain funding.

SCAM is a dishonest way to make money by deceiving people - seeing that the goals they listed simply don't work the way they advertise, I'm afraid to say it, but hey, that's either SCAM or complete lack of professional behavior, which in any case is not the thing people in general want to invest.
In addition the overall budget sure is calculated in a way I can't understand at all:

- 6000$ for Perk Creations? Isn't that supposed to be already within the amount people finance the project?!
- 12000$ for Hi- Res Explosions, Backgrounds, that clash.
- 1000$ for SFX? Isn't SFX already Explosions etc?

Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 01:19:03 am by HQ
#40  May 04, 2016, 01:37:05 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
If it was a scam, then Bia wouldn't have pointed out how underbudgeted they are for their PSN and XBOne goals (which aren't achievable with MUGEN anyway).

Also "explosions, etc." is covered in graphics. The term "high resolution" applies to graphics, not audio.

I don't think the project itself is a scam so much as the case of Aiduzzi working with people who clearly don't know what they're doing. I hope to god you haven't signed any contracts yet and signed away your creative freedoms to these guys, Aiduzzi.
Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 01:41:32 am by Jesuszilla

Bea

#41  May 04, 2016, 02:14:25 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
I really doubt they are trying to scam anyone, but they are a bunch of nobodies in gamedev that jumped on a crowdfunding and on trying to gather funds on a crowdfunding platform.
They didn't even list their competences on the crowdfunding page, their experience, etc.
How many projects Jeremy Patterson delivered as a project manager? Did he even ever worked as a project manager?

And 87K is way too much for a bunch of people no one knows to ask, yet not even close to be enough to fund the endeavour they set for themselves.
IF (BIG if) this project gets funded, which it won't as the first and second days are some of the most important to ensure the crowdfunding success and they have 310 USD to their name so far, this will be yet another indie game funded by the community that fails to deliver.

Just to show how lost they are, let me bring the 310 USD number up again. This is a definitive sign that their social media manager is not doing their work.

So, please, for the good of everyone involved, cancel this, try to get a real engine to work with and spend days reading stuff on the TIG Forums to see if this is what you really want and to learn how to do crowdfunding right.
Also, read this: http://www.junction-shark.co.uk/2016/01/15/why-we-havent-tried-crowdfunding-yet/

I bear you all no ill, but I have lead too many projects to see that this one is doomed from the get go.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

#42  May 04, 2016, 06:13:31 am
    • USA

Oh my God, that was Jeremy Patterson! The very same guy who contacted me and then proceeded to contact other people over here when I told him that I couldn't work on this. His license is probably for an engine called PAINTOWN, not actual mugen.
Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 01:54:32 pm by /Red/
#43  May 04, 2016, 06:33:41 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
... Wait... seriously? That fuckboy?

Sorry, Aiduzzi, but you're getting scammed by this bozo. I'd stop everything ASAP and find someone more professional. Take heed to the advice Bia and I gave you (especially Bia's advice since she's been in the game far longer than I have). Again, I hope to god you didn't sign any of your creative rights away because you are way too good for this shit.
Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 06:39:53 am by Jesuszilla
#44  May 04, 2016, 09:11:42 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Holy fuck. EDIT: Removed vitirol
Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 12:48:45 pm by J.A.N.G.O.
#45  May 04, 2016, 01:11:24 pm
  • Antonodi'!
Alright guys, I think that all of you are right. JP, the project manager says that he has contacted Elecbyte and we must wait for an official annunce from them. But I have to be honest with you. I'm very skeptical. As HQ said about he license, we have by our hand within 2 minutes if the question arises. It's not happening. Elecbyte is very slow to move when someone ask them something. And honestly I don't wanna be part of this anymore. I accept to be laughed as bad developer, a pitiful graphic artist, but I don't accept to be called thief or scammer. Even if you'll prove that we have a license, bad words are spread all over the world, so we'll have no chance to raise a decent amount of money and I'll always be regarded as a criminal. And it hurts.
So I asked the project manager to stop the crowdfunding, and I'll hope he will do that.  I'll try to post something about the license when Elecbyte will show itself. But for me this game is now dead, and Aiduzzi dies here. All I can say is that I'm very sorry to have wasted your time. As I said I'll not post here anymore except for post a proof our license, and after everything that's going on, I'll hope there is a real one. As you know I'm not the leader of this project but just an idiot artist. Thank you for your attention and as always sorry for my bad english. 
#46  May 04, 2016, 01:19:08 pm
    • Zimbabwe
Aiduzzi, come one.
No one here think that you tried to steal our money or something.
The point is not here!!
It's better to stop something that could be fishy at the beginning, to prevent the damages to happen.

Take your time, think a little bit more on your project, speak to people that know what they are doing,and build a much more solid project!!
You should not be ashamed or something, we all begin at the same point when we start new things. :)

Bea

#47  May 04, 2016, 01:21:29 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
He wouldn't even need an official Elecbyte statement to at least show he was telling the truth.
E-mail proof, payment proof would do and if he really had it, he would have an official document saying so that he could scan and show everyone.
All that takes minutes to do.

Stopping this project right now is the proper thing to do.
If you want to break in into the indie development scene, I suggest finding someone who can work with Unity/Unreal, team up with them to do a few small games to sell on Steam or Google play and after you know that you can deliver a game project successfully, attempt something like this again, but with a serious team this time around.

The resources are there. On TIG, you will find many people in need of an artist. Post a profile there, some proof of your sprite work and you can even land a few commissions that will help with future indie development endeavours, and with a crowdfunding project, as then you will have a name to yourself within the indie scene, and they will help spread word on it.
Heck, I might have work for you in the not so far future.

Keep your head up, learn from the mistakes done here, use the resources that were presented and keep on going.
Next time, when you are ready, and with a solid team behind you, everyone here will applaud and offer support to your crowdfunding project instead of being suspicious.
Also, marketing is key. Learn how to sell yourself and your skills to the community. Ask tips from Iced, Balthazar and other people around here who can put together a presentable video and portfolio.

Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 01:25:21 pm by Bea
#48  May 04, 2016, 01:24:55 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Aidu, you got our trust, you have always been a trusted member of the community and no one here thinsk you want to scam anyone.

But at the same time no one wants to let anyone take advantage of you.
With preparation and a solid team you can probably do a very solid game. Dont be discouraged by setbacks, but try to cover the bases before launching your campaign next time. Legalities and technologies being used should be set before you announce it.

Hit me up if you need to talk anyway. But dont feel like people think you are any lesser over this.
#49  May 04, 2016, 02:35:19 pm
    • USA
You were here a handful of years before I even made my account on this site. While I'm not a particular fan of your work in general (Mostly because I simply do not keep in touch with mugen releases at all, nothing related to what you do or your style) I am still quite aware of how known your name and work is in the community. I'm not sure if it's because of you reading through the thread too fast or because you misinterpreted something but at no point anyone here called you a scammer or anything remotely close to that. The closest thing anyone said related to your own stuff is that you should get rid of the edited sprites (Which you already were going to do anyway) and that's all.

I spent a few minutes reading again very old private messages and I think there's either a tremendous miscommunication among your team members or someone's fucking up big time on purpose. I'm not gonna outright blame Patterson on malice or anything but he seems to be quite bad at managing the information and licenses in general, and that will hurt the entire team big time.

The last time he contacted me was around a year ago. He already had you on his sights back then and asked me how to contact you. I just told him that I didn't know you and that he should ask someone else. Before contacting you he talked to several other MFG members trying to convince them to make a Breakers clone, of which no one accepted due to several different reason. I feel like all of this is partially my fault because I shrugged off the guy when he first contacted me, I told him to get someone else at the Guild and well damn..., I should've told him that his idea was ridiculous to begin with so he would've stopped instead.

Prior to that, he wanted to make an iOS remake of Breakers. He seemed to be in contact with the Paintown engine's developer as far as back then and was told that the engine was close to 100% complete, that it was completely separate from MUGEN and that it could run on Android devices. He was also told that it was similar to MUGEN, although he never had a clear of how much due to him not knowing how MUGEN works to begin with. His initial plan was for a guy to code the entirely of Breakers on MUGEN and then port it to Paintown, but that was a plan that was bound to fail since the beginning due to not being a mere "drag and drop" process.

I had no idea how close both engines really were back then but my guts told me "nowhere close" and I abandoned ship right away. That plus the fact that he wanted to sell a Breakers clone was fishy enough to me. I am not sure which license would be harder to acquire, if MUGEN or Breaker's considering how obscure that IP is (Who even HAS the license for that fighting game nowadays?).

So, all of this mess left me with a few question:

* So, what's the point of getting Elecbyte's license when Paintown is completely separated from it and share nothing with no other engines? (As in, no other licenses needed besides Paintown's).

* Are they making you code all the characters on MUGEN with the premise of later port them to another engine? If yes, are you aware of how easy or hard that will be?

* How do you even GET the license when Elecbyte is MIA? There are a few projects with 100% original assets yet the people behind those MUGEN games were never able to get in contact with them. Not even Borghi was able to.

* Is it true that Patterson actually got the license to sell a Breakers' remake on Android? While he never told me that, I was informed that this is what he told to at least one of the people on this site when he tried to hire him many months ago.

Putting aside all of that. If you really want to have a closer control of your project the easiest thing you can do right now is back away and learn how to use an easier to license and far more modern engine, I really recommend to skip the easier engines and more limited engines and jump straight to Unreal Engine 4. If you're not in a hurry, a person around here is currently working on a template to create fighting games using UE4 and, putting aside how his videos are kinda cringy at times, he seems to know what he's doing. You could definitely use that to help you create your fighting game.
#50  May 04, 2016, 02:59:56 pm
i can say from experience from my college project that you DON'T want any incompetent people to work with you, especially on such a large scale project like this.
not anyone who comes to you and acts like he knows what he's doing can be trusted. ask yourself this: if the majority of the work is on me and the guy is doing nothing but "acquire licenses" and claim to manage the project but gives nothing of value or interest, then do i want such a person with me?
#51  May 04, 2016, 08:07:49 pm
  • Antonodi'!
Guys that's what it was posted on Elecbyte's Twitter. It's too late now for game's campaign, but at least I can be a little calmer and think that I'm not a thief...

https://twitter.com/elecbyte
#52  May 04, 2016, 08:20:09 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Holy shit you actually got elecbyte to respond!? That's impressive if nothing else.
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
#53  May 04, 2016, 08:21:13 pm
  • Hit em with a combo!
Hello everyone. My name is Jeremy Patterson. Yes we are working with Elecbyte and they will hopefully be able to make another announcement on their official website once it is back up and running. Keep in mind that they are still in retirement and working on other projects at this time. Myself, Aiduzzi and the other members did not create this project to scam anyone. We just wanted to bring a new fighting game to the lovers of the genre. We thought that the mugenguild community would welcome such project with open arms. I will answer anyone's questions by pm to this account concerning this project, my relationship with Elecbyte and my past work with Visco on their ports of Breakers Revenge. I will answer as best as I can as long as the subject matter does not violate any non disclosure agreements between myself and Elecbyte. Also, if you message me I will chat with you by Skype if you have that capability. I have already chatted with a few members of this forum by Skype. Thank you for your time. This will be my last public message. Thank you.
Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 08:32:19 pm by Sho Kamui
#54  May 04, 2016, 08:22:49 pm
    • Zimbabwe
Aiduzzi, nobody here is saying that you're a thief.

Also, what "support" means? You can sell the project? they sent you the source code of the engine?
I would not recommend to sell something if they does not specify it CLEARLY. :)

Also, great job, Elecbyte are not really talkative, so you are doing some miracle.
#55  May 04, 2016, 08:23:37 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
yeah, i talked to jeremy patterson about getting an announcement by elecbyte over skype. guess he pulled through, hopefully this becomes far more professionally and competently handled though. i don't feel confident about sinking money on the team at current, even though i'm a huge fan of aiduzzi. keeping a close eye on how this develops, hopefully i will be pleasantly surprised. best of luck to you aiduzzi.
#56  May 04, 2016, 08:27:05 pm
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
its amazing how your work caused them to rise from the dead so heres hoping this goes somewhere
#57  May 04, 2016, 08:31:05 pm
we are a jaded bunch and we have been through countless shady projects, especially ones that claim to have some sort of licence from elecbyte. they've never done such a thing before, and they barely communicate with community. so it was with in reason to be skeptical.
i guess i'm gonna be the first to eat my words and tell you that i am sorry and i hope your project works out.
#58  May 04, 2016, 08:37:19 pm
  • Antonodi'!
thank you Umezono but honestly I don't think this game has a future. I've received a lot of messages or emails where people say that we're thieves or scammers. And bad words and prejudices are more stronger than what's true. At this point, for everybody we're just scammers who are stealing Elecbyte's source code. And I don't know if I'm enough strong to rise up again a campaign that was killed.  :'(
#59  May 04, 2016, 08:44:24 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Honestly, Aiduzzi, this could have been avoided with a better, more competent team.

I know you are just an artist, but your face is attached to this project and you are obviously going to take the heat. I would like to believe you didn't know what you were getting into and just got roped along for the ride. Either way you have to learn from this.

You should've asked for concrete proof of the licenses before the crowdfunding started, and if there were NDAs, done what I had done personally: told Patterson to get an announcement out by Elecbyte, preferably one displayed by your funding page.

Your team should be totally transparent. There is no credentials or names to faces for any of them.

You need better and more responsive media outreach. Whoever your "media person" is should've thought through posting a  crowdfunding program for what is perceived to be a closed source program. And they shouldn't have shipped out a trailer of such terrible quality.

Most importantly, whoever crunched numbers for your team gave you unrealistic (some of them impossible goals).

You should consider a different engine as well.

I'm sorry it had to be this way man, but it was all easily avoided.
#60  May 04, 2016, 08:44:37 pm
    • Zimbabwe
 "At this point, for everybody we're just scammers who are stealing Elecbyte's source code"

Who told you that?
You put on the campaign page that you would custom Mugen source code. It means that Elecbyte would share it with you, no?
So this is not a steal or something.
#61  May 04, 2016, 08:58:18 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Well this is all great news! I was really worried you were getting screwed over, Aiduzzi, and like everyone else, I'd absolutely hate to see that.

Glad Elecbyte is backing you! I'm even more impressed that you actually seem to have gotten a license. I might be interested in one, myself, (particularly if I am allowed access to the source code) so please let me know any details!

However, like others stated, a lot more could have been done in advance to ensure backer confidence. It may be wise to suspend the campaign for now and come back to it later when there is more to show, because this much "heat" early on isn't quite good for the project at the moment, even if it appears to be settling down.
#62  May 04, 2016, 09:01:59 pm
  • Antonodi'!
I'm sorry it had to be this way man, but it was all easily avoided.
As I said we made many mistakes, that's indisputable. I'm just saying that Elecbyte's message is useful for my soul, but at this point, useless for the campaign. I'm not complaining anyone than myself.
#63  May 04, 2016, 09:04:53 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Don't be so discouraged. The campaign can be suspended and brought back. Project's not dead yet, just it wasn't off to a good start. That's development for you, particularly game development.

HQ

#64  May 04, 2016, 09:10:48 pm
Hello everyone. My name is Jeremy Patterson. Yes we are working with Elecbyte and they will hopefully be able to make another announcement on their official website once it is back up and running. Keep in mind that they are still in retirement and working on other projects at this time. Myself, Aiduzzi and the other members did not create this project to scam anyone. We just wanted to bring a new fighting game to the lovers of the genre. We thought that the mugenguild community would welcome such project with open arms. I will answer anyone's questions by pm to this account concerning this project, my relationship with Elecbyte and my past work with Visco on their ports of Breakers Revenge. I will answer as best as I can as long as the subject matter does not violate any non disclosure agreements between myself and Elecbyte. Also, if you message me I will chat with you by Skype if you have that capability. I have already chatted with a few members of this forum by Skype. Thank you for your time. This will be my last public message. Thank you.

Hi Jeremy.

If you read through this topic, you will most likely find a lot of valid criticism and question marks that you, as the project leader should respond to.
This should definetly not happen just via pm, but officially and publicy in here and probably also on your indiegogo campaign. After all you want people to believe in you and your project.

The MFG community is open to projects like this, but the doubt mentioned in here is still highly valid. In addition as a professional I would highly adverise you to keep away from passive agressive statements such as: "We thought that the mugenguild community would welcome such project with open arms."

The non disclosure agreement is a joke, especially since neither you nor Elecbyte are an existing companies? Or are they?
If they are, it would clearly help to state that, also on your homepage.

What is your profession? What is the deal with Elecbyte? Do you have the source code - there are lots of questions that should be answered.
#65  May 04, 2016, 09:15:16 pm
  • Emotionally and Mentally Exhausted
  • Heheh, so that's the deal!
    • USA
    • nigelbkny@gmail.com
    • Skype - nega_ridley75
Game Development can be quite the hassle when things don't seem to work out as intended. Though since Elecbyte are backing you up to help you out from what I'm seeing with the others, I gotta say that I hope things don't mess up in this. Seeing these characters in action was the best moment anybody could ever asked for and I'm sure there's people out there rooting for it's success. Good luck Aiduzzi, I can't wait to see Giano and the others return again in this project.
#66  May 04, 2016, 09:24:19 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
"We thought that the mugenguild community would welcome such project with open arms."
We did.

We just value aidduzi, and as such we worry when someone makes wild claims to be able to port mugen for IOS , ps4 and xbox one while using him as a face.

When that kind of things are brought up by someone that others have said to be around for a while making claims of having several other licenses and to go port them to IOS, it makes it seem like someone didnt really study whats possible to do and how.
These are things that a project manager should be supplying without many a shade of doubt, and theres no need to be all salty over it. You cant possibly believe that other communities would just trust you unconditionally when you make claims about code that are effectively impossible. It makes you look sketchy when you do that.

Aidduzi, my offer for help is still on the table, I think you should regroup rethink and reshape an approach before trying again, but things should be shaped more in advance. Im a huge fan of your work and I believe you can do something worth releasing to the world.

If you want to talk hit me up.
#67  May 04, 2016, 09:43:19 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
And as for why people initially thought of you as sketchy, Jeremy, keep in mind that for the majority of the time the MUGEN community as a whole has been active, Elecbyte has been inactive. So when someone says they got in contact with them, especially when it's related to something that tons of other people have contacted them about and either been turned away or not receiving any response, of course that looks highly suspicious to each and every one of us who's been around long enough.

Bea

#68  May 05, 2016, 12:28:58 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
I stand by everything I have said here.
You guys have much to learn and to prove if you intend to ask for that much on a crowd funding campaign. No one knows you all, you never released any games, doesn't have your resumes there, nothing.
How do you expect to people to give you money with those credentials? The age of easy money for game development projects on crowd funding platforms died in 2011.

Study the resources that you were presented, build a convincing resume, try to release a game, even a free one and then try again.

And Jeremy, you, as a project manager, have a duty to respond publicly to concerns regarding the project you are leading, if you want people to have any trust on you and your team.
No project manager worth their salt says they won't address public posted concerns in public, only in private. That is extremely unprofessional.

#69  May 05, 2016, 12:50:53 am
    • USA
    • morbidjoe666@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Kik : morbidjoe
aside from the situation with the money donations I do love your characters
I need more PSN friends
#70  May 05, 2016, 01:09:00 am
  • Antonodi'!
You guys have much to learn and to prove if you intend to ask for that much on a crowd funding campaign. No one knows you all, you never released any games, doesn't have your resumes there, nothing.
How do you expect to people to give you money with those credentials? The age of easy money for game development projects on crowd funding platforms died in 2011.

Bea, let me say that I don't understand your point of view which I think is wrong. The problem here is not that, as you said, this game is trying to make "easy money" , the problem is that this game has never got off the ground!. And that's not because people don't like this game (and if you don't like it, I don't have nothing against you) but because the debate was just on "what was stolen". As I said, we made mistakes, but even if are Naughty Dogs and you're going to build a crowdfunding campaign for Uncharted 4, you'll get nothing if all people don't talk of the gameplay but only that the engine was stolen and Nathan Drake's left hands is stolen from MGS Big Boss! ;) You can seems professional as you want, but if people don't speak of your game, you'll never have a chance even if your C.V. is full of successes!  ;D
#71  May 05, 2016, 01:18:14 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
People will focus on talking about the game when there is confidence it can be made is all Bea is saying. We believe in your work Aiduzzi. We know you. But ppl outside of this forum may not know you as well and we sure don't know the other members. Is it so odd we'd doubt the legitimacy of the MUGEN license when Elecbyte has NEVER done this in the past 16 years they existed and go for YEARS with no way to contact them or us hearing a peep.

Some of us donated to their engine and we still don't hear a peep. Not that they owe us anything. It just made it harder to believe that portion. With that out of the way you should focus on getting more info on the team out and build confidence in the project :)

Bea

#72  May 05, 2016, 01:44:28 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org

Bea, let me say that I don't understand your point of view which I think is wrong. The problem here is not that, as you said, this game is trying to make "easy money" , the problem is that this game has never got off the ground!. And that's not because people don't like this game (and if you don't like it, I don't have nothing against you) but because the debate was just on "what was stolen". As I said, we made mistakes, but even if are Naughty Dogs and you're going to build a crowdfunding campaign for Uncharted 4, you'll get nothing if all people don't talk of the gameplay but only that the engine was stolen and Nathan Drake's left hands is stolen from MGS Big Boss! ;) You can seems professional as you want, but if people don't speak of your game, you'll never have a chance even if your C.V. is full of successes!  ;D

And yet here you are, proving my point that you all are wholly unprepared for this endeavour.
One, Naughty Dogs is a widely known developer, whereas you are a bunch of people no one in the scene knows. Your presentation video was extremely amateurish, the whole page is poorly put together and your social media manager isn't even here posting to ease our concerns or talking with the media, and it has been 3 days since you launched the campaign. And the 3 iOS games Jeremy company published aren't even listed there as proof of competence.

And you have to understand that the crowdfunding platforms aren't the same as they were 5 years ago. People expect more proof and need confidence in the team behind the project to open their wallets.
I am pointing out why your indiegogo campaign will fail and giving you links to valuable resources, where other indie devs have shared their experiences, what worked, what didn't, how much they've sold so you can learn and prepare better before attempting again.

I don't have anything against you or your game. I have a quarrel with how the whole campaign is being miss managed.

Edit: Do you even have a press kit for your campaign?
Surely you do and you sent it to some major gaming sites, right?
Post it here for us to see!

Edit 2: Another thing you can do to improve your campaign and check your success chances is to look at the most funded ones here: https://www.indiegogo.com/explore/gaming#/browse/gaming?quick_filter=most_funded&location=everywhere&project_type=all&percent_funded=all&goal_type=all&more_options=false&status=all

See how they all list previous games and/or experience? And how Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm only raised $118,243USD, even though it was a project by 3 former SNK employees who already had developed Yatagarasu.
This is what I am trying to point to you. Drop this now, recoup, prepare better and try again when you are ready. Even then you have a good chance to fail because 87K is a lot of money to ask when you don't have anything released so far.

Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 03:11:05 am by Bea
#73  May 05, 2016, 05:19:07 am
  • The Mad Editor
    • Philippines
#74  May 05, 2016, 09:34:17 am
  • Wataaaaahhhhh
    • France
I very like your work Aiduzzi, and I hope this game will be a reality.
But I think Bea is right, you should change the engine to work with Unreal or another prgogram. And show more details so people will see the work you will put in it.
http://mugenguild.com/forum/iron-muscle-bomber.400
Rahhhhhhh, AI is so hard to deal with !!!!
#75  May 05, 2016, 12:31:14 pm
  • Antonodi'!
I very like your work Aiduzzi, and I hope this game will be a reality.
But I think Bea is right, you should change the engine to work with Unreal or another prgogram. And show more details so people will see the work you will put in it.
I think it that talking of Mugen was our biggest error. If you read my first post in this thread you'll see that this game is not only Mugen. This game uses Unity too. But nobody talks about it.  :mwhy:

Bea what you said is right but, as I said that's not the point. Maybe we're just a bunch of novices, and we don't know nothing about videogames. Maybe as you said our campaign is wrong, our video is shit and we're even unpleasant guys  ;D but what I asked is to fail because the game is broken, crappy or not funny and not because the game is a crime. That's all I asked for. Anyway if I said something wrong to you, I'm very sorry. My english is not so good and all I just wanted to do is to make you understand my point of view, nothing more ;)

P.S. Do you really think that our presentation video is extremely amateurish?  :mwhy: Everyone who saw it (included some professial videogames    journalists) said that it is awesome!  ;D
#76  May 05, 2016, 12:43:19 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

P.S. Do you really think that our presentation video is extremely amateurish?  :mwhy: Everyone who saw it (included some professial videogames    journalists) said that it is awesome!  ;D

Yes its pretty terrible. The thing carrying it are your sprites but there is zero planning to it. Bea is right about that. You could do much better to make it look decent.
#77  May 05, 2016, 01:14:38 pm
i thought it was good, a little bit long maybe.
i think it should've had an introduction by the team or a voice over. you should've emphasized that the game needs funding in it, otherwise people will watch it and say "cool" and just click away.
basically you should've shown people yourselves talking about the game and explaining things about it and that it needs funding, this video is your first impression on the people, it should contain a summery everything about the game. as you shouldn't assume that everyone will read the description in the campaign.
i see that you guys are getting more backers, good luck with that :)

#78  May 05, 2016, 01:19:46 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Aiduzzi already announced he cancelled the project. So he pulled the plug.

And there are way more things missing, theres no proper intro to what is happening or whats going on, the stages look like they are a bunch of recycled elements , which make no sense. theres no previous work shown by the devs for that ammount of money, there are very recognizable sprites elements in the video that could have been avoided with a more to the point video that shortened how much of those were shown on screen. Hdbz had way less material to show and the trailer was fully prepared to showcase what the game concept would be if it was finished. Theres no reason for this to look so poorly considering how much work they have and how they have the license for martial masters, breakers revenge and even a license for mugen.  Why make a video that reflects none of the shifts they can code in and offers no concept of what changes they will implement considering all that.

With a bit of foreplanning they could  really reap some heavy backers but even on eventhubs the comments recognize several elements shown and dont know much of what to make from it. ~

Aiduzzi should really focus on reading some of those posts instead of just going on about it being a crime, which it doesnt make much sense. Criticism has always been key in doing anything.
#79  May 05, 2016, 01:26:19 pm
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
Aiduzzi already announced he cancelled the project. So he pulled the plug.

And there are way more things missing, theres no proper intro to what is happening or whats going on, the stages look like they are a bunch of recycled elements , which make no sense. theres no previous work shown by the devs for that ammount of money, there are very recognizable sprites elements in the video that could have been avoided with a more to the point video that shortened how much of those were shown on screen. Hdbz had way less material to show and the trailer was fully prepared to showcase what the game concept would be if it was finished. Theres no reason for this to look so poorly considering how much work they have and how they have the license for martial masters, breakers revenge and even a license for mugen.  Why make a video that reflects none of the shifts they can code in and offers no concept of what changes they will implement considering all that.

With a bit of foreplanning they could  really reap some heavy backers but even on eventhubs the comments recognize several elements shown and dont know much of what to make from it.

Sadly, this is true... I just hope that Aiduzzi can try again i the near future... Just give it time and maybe some more practice and planning. Take it as experience, and I hope he learns from it (for better).

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#80  May 05, 2016, 01:27:51 pm
oh yeah fei long's chest on that old man and freeman from garou on the ring girl, they did sorta stick out like a sore thump.
he said he will revise them didn't he?

Bea

#81  May 05, 2016, 01:37:08 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Bea what you said is right but, as I said that's not the point. Maybe we're just a bunch of novices, and we don't know nothing about videogames. Maybe as you said our campaign is wrong, our video is shit and we're even unpleasant guys  ;D but what I asked is to fail because the game is broken, crappy or not funny and not because the game is a crime. That's all I asked for. Anyway if I said something wrong to you, I'm very sorry. My english is not so good and all I just wanted to do is to make you understand my point of view, nothing more ;)

I am not saying that the game is a crime. I am saying that the engine that you picked is a extremely poor choice, and I am also pointing out why your campaign is failing to gather heavy backers and why it won't meet it's target.
Mugen is a mess and will thoroughly limit what can be done. If you are using Unity, then use it to run the fighting game logic as well. At least Unity has a free Indie dev kit for the PS4 that is easier to secure than the 2,5K USD official dev kit, which also requires you to have a publisher backing you up.

The team that was gathered has no experience and it shows. You can't find social media work done by the social media manager nor I could find any programming work done by the listed programmer, be it game development or not. If you do some web search, you will end up finding their public Facebook pages and what people see there doesn't inspire confidence that the team can complete this project.
And you guys are asking people to invest money on you to get a game done.

If you want to succeed on a crowdfunding campaign without being a big name, without having a big name involved on the project or without weirdos that want to do strange things to ponies, you need to look professional. Your team need to inspire confidence to backers. We need to see previous work, it doesn't even need to be gaming related, but we need to see that people in your team have completed and shipped projects.
And yet your page doesn't list a brief resume of each member of the team.

Think about it, learn from those mistakes, retreat, recoup and then relaunch when you are better prepared.
You are in the 4th day of your campaign and you have 441 USD raised.

With this, I rest my case.

#82  May 05, 2016, 02:24:54 pm
  • Antonodi'!
oh yeah fei long's chest on that old man and freeman from garou on the ring girl, they did sorta stick out like a sore thump.
he said he will revise them didn't he?
Guys You're from Mugen Community! Ubu is born as an edited character, some parts of his sprite is ripped; in the community everybody know it! ;) Explosions and a big amount of sounds effects are ripped too, we wrote it in the campaign page that we will change all these stuffs but now I know that nobody read the campaign page. So maybe it was stupid do not explain it in the video too. As I said we made many mistakes but to make all these stuffs we need money. Each one of my chars has about 800 sprites. There are about 2000 explosions sprites and hundred of SFXs and voices. I cannot do it all by myself! :( 
P.S. Just one last thing: No freeman sprites was used to create Ella. Ella as Giano and Kuando is completely original! ;)

i think it should've had an introduction by the team or a voice over. you should've emphasized that the game needs funding in it, otherwise people will watch it and say "cool" and just click away.

When I see a video with a man with a t-shirt who talks in his living room about his project, well that's the video that I skip without any hesitation  ;D
Seriously, maybe I'm wrong, but I want to give my money for a project I want to see a trailer, a cool and spectacular trailer, not a man who talks. I like that video, I wouldn't change one bit of it for anything. ;)
#83  May 05, 2016, 02:28:05 pm
#84  May 05, 2016, 02:28:43 pm
    • Zimbabwe
Then good luck with your next project, Aiduzzi.
I wish your vision of things will bring you success!
#85  May 05, 2016, 02:44:16 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I see you are just ignoring people answeirng your questions now, so I guess a blind eye to the issues raised it is.

Good luck surviving any attempt of steam with that attitude dude, you gonna need it.
#86  May 05, 2016, 02:52:11 pm
  • Antonodi'!
I see you are just ignoring people answeirng your questions now, so I guess a blind eye to the issues raised it is.
Iced I'm not ignoring what all of you are saying. I understand what you mean, and I said that all of you are saying is right. I'm just explaining my point of view. ;)

Thank You Sin and Hephaistos , thank you very much! :)

Well, for a "dead man" I'm talking too much!  ;D Thank you for all your appreciations and for all your criticisms. They will be very useful for the future. If there will be some news I'll be glad to share them with you. :) Bye!
Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 05:50:55 pm by Aiduzzi

BC

#87  May 05, 2016, 07:30:33 pm
    • UK
Hey Aiduzzi your characters were always inspring to me as a mugenite and were some of the first characters i ever downloaded back in the day. Dont be discouraged by criticism or negativity, dont give up on the project because people tell you to. I do agree about gaining peoples confidence before opening wallets, so why not release a free demo when it gets to that stage? And maybe even re-campaign.

I actually have known jeremy almost a year he is an honest guy and ive done a few comission works for him. Maybe asking for all that amount of $ in the campaign wasnt the most realistic of things and i do think it needs re-thinking without rushing. And i do think a solid resume would help but you have to start somewhere i guess.

I agree it shouldnt be mugen though! Im in the middle of developing my own fighting engine and im sure i would find it way less hassle than trying to fix a mess of code that was done by someone else. Mugen and unity isnt a good mix just keep it pure. :mthumbs:
Accepting commissions
#88  May 06, 2016, 04:28:02 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
I did a little research (or rather, I compiled research others in IRC managed to find), and.... Sorry, not sorry, Aiduzzi, but absolutely none of these people have the proper credentials to work on this. In addition, there's a hell of a lot of nepotism involved.

The lead programmer is Jeremy's brother or cousin or something (not sure of the relation), and his credentials, according to Facebook, are...  Youtube University For Future Stars and.... Mailing fliers? What the fuck? Even Alexlexus has more background than this guy because at least he's done MUGEN work.

The social media manager is Jeremy's wife and is a makeup artist. I do not even need to explain to everybody else what is wrong with this. If YOU don't see what's wrong, let me break it down: this doesn't seem like a person who would relay feedback properly to the rest of the team. Just because she uses Facebook or Twitter doesn't mean she knows how to use it properly for a business. Business social media != personal social media.

And back to Jeremy, his post here was basically "I won't post here anymore because I thought you guys would like and back this." Because, you know, that's exactly what a project manager should do, not listen to the majority of the people who would be backing your project.

If you don't know the major problem with nepotism, then Google "Chaos Wars" and look how awful the acting is. Now apply that to every other aspect of the project. That is what will happen to this if you don't get people with the right background and knowledge.
#89  May 06, 2016, 04:48:37 pm
well good thing it was canceled before a disaster happened, i guess.
Aiduzzi i hope you regroup from this, and make this game without those shady people. better yet, get iced to help you with it, he's the one with the most experience here as he managing the hdbz project.
fuck those guys man, you don't need them, refer back to my previous post here about incompetent people.
#90  May 06, 2016, 04:50:22 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
My main concern is whether or nto aiduzzi signed the rights to their characters to them, I was near to getting on a busines deal with jeremy but I backed out once I was asked to sign stuff.
#91  May 06, 2016, 05:12:59 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Criticism and discussion of what people think is umprofessional is okay.

Starting to shout names and accusing people of crimes out of the blue is not. Gennos avoid posting like that.

Post removed.
#92  May 06, 2016, 05:54:03 pm

I'm only just getting an understanding of it all. I can't help but to add my thoughts even though it won't add much of wasn't already said.

I thought the trailer was cool, but it was definitely something that can be picked apart by people who look at details, clashing art assets being the main thing.

Shame about the legalities causing such a problem. I'm not really in the know of a lot of things, but I do trust the judgement of the people here, they're like the few smart people that I know of in life. I echo the sentiment that it's important to have everything situated before pursuing an endeavor such as this, though you don't have to be a genius to know that. As for Mr. Patterson, I'm not going to read into anything he's said or question his merits, don't know him well enough. Just that what I hear about him is discouraging.

I'd love to see this project take off, I say this as someone who in all honesty has no idea of your work within Mugen. I don't keep up nor am I insightful of history. But it's plainly evident that the team isn't full of standouts who you can have complete faith in, and I don't want to back a project for people I don't trust.

I'd hate to see you give up on this, but that decision's entirely up to you.
#93  May 07, 2016, 06:02:35 pm
    • USA
The thing about the trailer is that it tells you nothing. It would be a good trailer, if it came out after the game was funded and people knew what rotten core was. It tells you absolutely nothing about the story(again, noone knows what this is), the gameplay(you kinda have to infer from what was shown, but when not explained it looks plain.  Not to mention when you go through in the names for mechanics when you don't explain how it works then it just gets confusing), or what makes the game so special in the first place.

People aren't gonna want to see exciting visuals if the game isn't something ready for them to buy, it's a game they have to put money into for a chance for it to be made. Most (if not all) of the successful campaigns had a guy or a team talk about what they want for their game with gameplay in the background.
#94  May 07, 2016, 09:44:34 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Not that this is might sound like a huge concern, but I'm hoping some of the cast's visuals can be updated. Ella's animations are decent, but I feel the shading itself could use much more anti aliasing, in order to look smoother and more detailed. And Ubu is a nice design, but his sprites are... yeah, given the evident use of SFA/KOF sprites, he really needs a complete remake.

Here hoping you can find a team that can help you programming a new engine that doesn't causes you copyright problems.

Shit
#95  May 08, 2016, 09:22:36 am
  • Emotionally and Mentally Exhausted
  • Heheh, so that's the deal!
    • USA
    • nigelbkny@gmail.com
    • Skype - nega_ridley75
Seeing that the entire project has been cancelled, Maybe it was a little too soon to get it all going... I do agree with Bea that MUGEN isn't really the best idea to start putting into work for huge projects and the sprites may seem old but as usual they're like vintage items you store to look and admire from so revamping them might get interesting with a good story. Unity can be a good idea to start things off, the business stuff though you gotta make sure you got the right team.

With just the right ingredients the project can make eye-catchers for anyone new to fighting games or to fans alike. All ideas start off somewhere, so planning and sorting things out with a dedicated team members or not can be a good start depending on the situation. Don't give up hope yet though, wait for the right moment to strike in. I'm a huge fan of your work and I wish you the best of luck Aiduzzi.
#96  July 18, 2016, 01:59:47 pm
  • Part time Creator!!!
  • Need motivation...
    • Germany
#97  July 18, 2016, 02:30:31 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
???

what ?

it says that it's closed , it was only 2% funded