YesNoOk

Vote for who you want in SF4 (Read 20981 times)

Started by videoman, February 23, 2008, 05:59:41 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

Which character are you voting for?

Dudley
10 (14.1%)
Dan
20 (28.2%)
R Mika
7 (9.9%)
Fei Long
15 (21.1%)
Necro
2 (2.8%)
Sakura
17 (23.9%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Re: Vote for who you want in SF4
#81  March 02, 2008, 11:30:44 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
+
DOA: Jan-Lee
World Heroes: Kim Dragon
Re: Same for your "cords" if you had the need to reply.
#82  March 04, 2008, 12:23:00 am
  • Bounty Hunting.....FOR PROFIT!

SNT

#83  March 04, 2008, 12:32:15 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
No Ibuki makes the poll fail, she's still my number one want.  I voted Dan, but I want Dudley as well.

As for others, Makoto and Hugo, then leave 3rd Strike be.
#84  March 04, 2008, 12:37:34 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
No Ibuki makes the poll fail, she's still my number one want.
You should be happy, if a char is in that poll it probably means it was scratched from the game already, plus Ono has mentioned her as a possible console char.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.

SNT

#85  March 05, 2008, 03:49:32 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
You should be happy, if a char is in that poll it probably means it was scratched from the game already, plus Ono has mentioned her as a possible console char.
That is another way of looking at it.  Also, dismissive acceptance is being pushed aside by cautious optimism.
Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 03:58:02 am by Chosis
#86  March 05, 2008, 03:55:33 am
    • Portugal
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.

SNT

#87  March 05, 2008, 04:09:36 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
#88  March 05, 2008, 04:21:41 am
  • Master of the palm and foot.
    • randomselect.piiym-net.com/
Ono didn't select these characters one by one, he says. "They all made the cut individually as one group. It's important, because this game is starting its life in the arcades, where you have a limited time to sit and play. You don't want people flushing their 100-yen coins down the toilet; you've got to give them some level of familiarity."

This bit annoys me a little, because when you look under the surface it's a problematic move. When you just shove every character in just to give a sake of "familiarity", you're really not thinking "okay why is this guy coming back, and what could be done to take care of issues regarding him from previous entries in the series?" The characters become the equivalent of a trophy wife: she's there, she's still got the same old conversation, you might've prettied her up a bit, and she's only around so you feel comfortable.

Which brings me to the other thing: it really makes Ono sound like he isn't very confident in his game.
#89  March 05, 2008, 06:23:15 pm
  • Wandering....
Ono didn't select these characters one by one, he says. "They all made the cut individually as one group. It's important, because this game is starting its life in the arcades, where you have a limited time to sit and play. You don't want people flushing their 100-yen coins down the toilet; you've got to give them some level of familiarity."

This bit annoys me a little, because when you look under the surface it's a problematic move. When you just shove every character in just to give a sake of "familiarity", you're really not thinking "okay why is this guy coming back, and what could be done to take care of issues regarding him from previous entries in the series?" The characters become the equivalent of a trophy wife: she's there, she's still got the same old conversation, you might've prettied her up a bit, and she's only around so you feel comfortable.

Which brings me to the other thing: it really makes Ono sound like he isn't very confident in his game.

Does he have a choice better formula to use for character choices other than familiarity itself?
at this time and point in the aspect of franchise survival?

But i agree he was not that confident because the SF franchise was not that good in the fighting game scene as of now.

So it leaves him no choice but to use the popularity and familiarity thing.

#90  March 07, 2008, 04:33:31 am
i want Sakura in B/C Chun-li is already in it and she is my fav! ;D
#91  March 07, 2008, 05:09:29 am
  • Master of the palm and foot.
    • randomselect.piiym-net.com/
Shak, you say "Street Fighter" , people automatically know what games you mean. There's no question about that. He goes on about how Street Fighter III hurt because of lack of familiarity yet overlooks that the Alpha series did well before 3 came about, and no version of the first two games in that line had all those guys in it. Same can be said for the Marvel vs. series. And so on.

Basically the arcade is pretty much dead at this point. It's a fun diversion, but it doesn't pay anymore. You'll find SF2 being hammered on at the airport by the guy waiting for his flight, or the laundromat by the guy drying his clothes. So on and so forth. At least in America anyway.

Ono's being far too careful. It's nice to have all the cast in there, always is. But the game will probably end up seeing an SF4-2. And with all their returning eggs in one basket already...
#92  March 07, 2008, 05:21:11 am
    • Portugal
But what Alpha lacked in SF2 it delivered in SF1 and FF. :o And it didn't even lack that much to begin with, SFA2 (don't recall SFA1 being a success so I'll judge by 2) had *counts* 7 chars from SSF2T, not to mention Guile's buddy people were curious about. Looking at that game's roster I only see three original chars, even, out of 18.
#93  March 09, 2008, 05:57:29 am
  • ◄ フェニックス・エンドソング►
    • Indonesia
I just want Kairi to be back into SF, he's such a cool & easy to play character IMO
#94  March 09, 2008, 09:10:24 am
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
EX chars. are owned by AKIRA so unless they bother to get a license (which I highly doubt they will), it's not possible.
#95  March 09, 2008, 09:45:23 am
  • The Cobra Commander Is Back
    • Canada
I'd love to see Mike Haggar