YesNoOk

AD004 and Uno Tag System (Read 8743 times)

Started by Robnius, June 19, 2018, 02:30:31 pm
Share this topic:
AD004 and Uno Tag System
#1  June 19, 2018, 02:30:31 pm
I dont know if this has been asked before in this matter, but I was wondering If I could get the attention of someone on this issue:
Uno Tag System

Pros
Has a different assist for ground and anti-air moves. (2 moves, one assist)
Has a Dual Hyper Move with Change (2 moves, one call)
Has Chain Hyper with Change(2 moves, one call)
Has Attack Tag In, so that you can continue with a combo when you tag in
Fast pace battles (Tag, Assist, Hypers)
And of course, Uno Mode

Cons
Limited ONLY to 2 characters. If you select 3, 2 will be in simultaneously

AD004
Pros
Can have up to 4 players and tag between them. (For some of us, this is awesome)
Can select first character at the beginning on the round (Visually, mugen still does this natively)

Cons
One assist and that's it. (However, you can alter the trigger for a second one) Ground + Anti-Aerial
No Team Hypers
Tag In doesn't attack
Slow pace battles
I tried going through both codes. Uno is Extensive and ADD004 has too many things together in a single file.

The request. Uno She has said he would like to work with ADD004 to implement certain things on his code, but he lost the source material in a PC crash.

Can't we as a community, get together and come up with a global solution to this?

Take Uno Tag and make it so that it can be used in with more than 2 characters? ADD004 has like player detectors for the numbers or something.

Or help with ADD004 to be able to add Change Attack, and Dual Hypers?

I love UNO Tag, but Im more inclined to add stuff to ADD004. I really like that system. It has lots more features that just Tag.

Right now, my only solution is to have the 2 systems in place for each character. When I wanna play UNO Tag, I select a different motif that only has the UNO_Tag.def.

Any help will be appreciated.
Re: AD004 and Uno Tag System
#2  June 19, 2018, 02:45:14 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
#3  June 19, 2018, 10:12:32 pm
Would it be possible if someone can help me add the player detection to UNO TAG?

In ADD004 there is a code that detects and I think it assigns and ID so that when you hold Back or Forward you can change to the other partners.
Uno Tag doesnt have that and thats why it can be used for more than 2 players at the time. 

If you do 3 on 3 with Uno Tag, You start with one, but when you Tag, 2 characters come in at the same time.

Is this something you guys can help with? That way, I can patch the chars with UnoTag first, then patch them with ADD004, then disable the ADD004 Tag system.

Its the only way to use Uno Tag with more than 2 characters in conjunction with ADD004.

I have been reading the ADD004 code for days and still cant figure out how to make my own states for the TagSystem.

Please, help.
#4  June 20, 2018, 11:29:41 am
    • Brazil
    • concurseiro190@gmail.com
Would it be possible if someone can help me add the player detection to UNO TAG?

In ADD004 there is a code that detects and I think it assigns and ID so that when you hold Back or Forward you can change to the other partners.
Uno Tag doesnt have that and thats why it can be used for more than 2 players at the time. 

If you do 3 on 3 with Uno Tag, You start with one, but when you Tag, 2 characters come in at the same time.

Is this something you guys can help with? That way, I can patch the chars with UnoTag first, then patch them with ADD004, then disable the ADD004 Tag system.

Its the only way to use Uno Tag with more than 2 characters in conjunction with ADD004.

I have been reading the ADD004 code for days and still cant figure out how to make my own states for the TagSystem.

Please, help.

I always Desire a Mix of these tags. Hope someone is able to make It.
Uno tag with  options like 2/2, 3/3 and 4/4.
#5  June 20, 2018, 12:58:27 pm
    • USA
What is stopping you from trying? Still seeing this in 2018 is sad..
I always Desire a Mix of these tags. Hope someone else will make what I like

OP
Well it is possible, nothing to it, but to do it. Look at the example posted above, the way he does his double teams is similar to how it'd be in mvc. Some examples to look at would be Pots(Ryu/Ken double team) Mouser(Ngbc dual assaults). So "AFTER" you make the team attacks, you just set the triggers for it. If you just want a character to come out & use predetermined attack, make that a condition.

UNO
Pros
Has a different assist for ground and anti-air moves. (2 moves, one assist)
Has a Dual Hyper Move with Change (2 moves, one call)
Has Chain Hyper with Change(2 moves, one call)
Has Attack Tag In, so that you can continue with a combo when you tag in
Fast pace battles (Tag, Assist, Hypers)
And of course, Uno Mode

Add004
https://streamable.com/qcmn7
This is all the above mentioned. Start with add, drop Uno, start at the top of the list and go down. I've already posted numerous tips as well on that add004 board, as well as the above mentioned post which has the solution.

Dual Hypers are simple in concept lol. Every time I'm asked how, its in this video. I watch/play the source. I set the setting to slo-mo & watch it over & over again. Once you have your idea, all you have to do next is implement it. Start by trying it, once you get stuck, thats how you find out what you are doing wrong.
https://youtu.be/0WEBS-uKwdY?t=8m4s

Hmm..
Uno tag is too "free", you can switch out of everything with no boundaries, don't really need much explanation for this. Feels too "mugen" ironic yes yes, but you get what I mean. Pandora Uno mode is something I originally wanted to do, still on the fence, but as with anything its just another move. There is no secret way to go about doing any of this, you just have to set the condition of how you want them to function. If you wanted these to function as in a Vs. game you'd simply change the conditions of the call outs etc, timings, values etc. You have to learn to walk first, trial and error. Make a topic for it, post your progress. You said you've already been trying its a start, don't be like anyone else wishing & praying someone else does it. A LOT of you have been wanting that, why not as you say, come together and work towards that goal. The examples I gave, as well as Uno itself is what I built everything off for my system. It's not going to universally work though, I say this because add004 uses a ton of vars because well its more than just a tag system.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Posted: June 20, 2018, 02:54:18 pm
Here is an example for the MVC heads. So just imagine this with all your pause times/FX etc. In this, its instant, I just happen to prefer ngbc styled double teams with the first hit starting it. You can even do triple or quadruple attacks if you wanted.
The one pots did in mugen first from Namco X Capcom

You "could" have no limits, I choose to limit my dual assaults, so when assist is unavailable it can't be used. You can also put the next assist at 0 to infinitely use it. Again, no secrets to do this, you just have to do it, if that makes sense. Though its going to be harder for you to do this kind of stuff if you don't know the basics.
Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 02:54:18 pm by ;x
#6  June 21, 2018, 07:15:40 pm
Ok, I can mix Add004 Features with UnoTag system. But Still Can't get what I really want which is 3vs3. Still 2 characters jump in at the same time when tagged.

Is there a way someone can help me get this to work with UnoTag?

This is from Add004, Common1.CNS

This code registers and Id's the characters so that you can swap them when tag in. I can use 3 characters and swap between them by pressing FWD or BACK and then the y+a.

Uno Needs this to be able to do 3 on 3. This is the only thing UnoTag is really missing.

Please guys? Or at least, direct me on the direction on what should I look for on the UnoTag code.

Thanks