YesNoOk

Characters that are "Private" (Read 44569 times)

Started by aznpikachu215, September 27, 2016, 08:37:03 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Characters that are "Private"
#61  September 29, 2016, 07:53:54 am
  • Ore no kobushi ga MAKANI MOERO!
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/aznpikachu215
Just a quick note, I'm doing this discussion because of curiosity and to be friendly with the people here, not once have I had any intention to talk trash or to flame anyone here.
#62  September 29, 2016, 05:08:07 pm
#63  September 29, 2016, 07:03:27 pm
Hi, The project is stopped since long time ago because lot of MUGEN memory troubles that made it unplayable without explode, i can't tell you that it's cancelled because we don't know if we will keep working on it someday but we are not working on it right now, sry.

I can't say I know a lot about MUGEN's coding issues, but is memory really that much of an issue that it would cause an explosion?
#64  September 29, 2016, 07:37:42 pm
  • $-$**Dreaming**$-$
    • South Korea
    • https://blog.naver.com/PostList.naver?blogId=blood72&from=postList&categoryNo=159
A certain korean mugen community i used to be in few years ago, so many creators just post videos of private kof edits. But they are all the same stuff over and over again. Even now i see it still the same on some other youtube communities. Kofm lvl 12345 shining orochi gustab kyo clone ourple blood flame lol zomg edition private edits.

And its funny bcoz when the private kof chars get leaked in the past those korean blog would be so serious like it is a religion that these private chars were leaked is so bad. But when you try them, you see they are broken and have missing states and hitsparks because they mostly only work in kof fullgames.
#65  September 30, 2016, 12:44:38 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafĂ­o.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Hi, The project is stopped since long time ago because lot of MUGEN memory troubles that made it unplayable without explode, i can't tell you that it's cancelled because we don't know if we will keep working on it someday but we are not working on it right now, sry.

I can't say I know a lot about MUGEN's coding issues, but is memory really that much of an issue that it would cause an explosion?
Ummm I think they are talking about explodes being used in mugen and its memory limitations not actual explosions lmao

They could have died

No, they're not dead. Abysswolf is more active in his Tumblr page and Orkimides pops up from time to time in DeviantArt.

Well that's good news.

#66  September 30, 2016, 12:53:33 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Then they should have said "explod."
#67  September 30, 2016, 12:58:09 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
main 3 reasons why things are private:

1. Char isn't finished
2. Char isn't good
3. Author is a 12-year old who likes to dangle shit in front of the people (also 12-year olds) that want to have "rare chars"(how can something on the internet be rare I'll never know), chances are this is combined with 2.

Kofm lvl 12345 shining orochi gustab kyo clone ourple blood flame lol zomg edition private edits.

I've seen there are people out there that just use mugen to try and make the biggest most unbeatable thing and I can't see the appeal of it at all.
#68  September 30, 2016, 01:10:16 am
    • USA
A certain korean mugen community i used to be in few years ago, so many creators just post videos of private kof edits. But they are all the same stuff over and over again. Even now i see it still the same on some other youtube communities. Kofm lvl 12345 shining orochi gustab kyo clone ourple blood flame lol zomg edition private edits.

And its funny bcoz when the private kof chars get leaked in the past those korean blog would be so serious like it is a religion that these private chars were leaked is so bad. But when you try them, you see they are broken and have missing states and hitsparks because they mostly only work in kof fullgames.

Koreans tend to do that a lot, not sharing with other people. Look at the Kyo edits and Orochi edits, lol.
#69  September 30, 2016, 04:15:21 am
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
main 3 reasons why things are private:

1. Char isn't finished
2. Char isn't good
3. Author is a 12-year old who likes to dangle shit in front of the people (also 12-year olds) that want to have "rare chars"(how can something on the internet be rare I'll never know), chances are this is combined with 2.

Kofm lvl 12345 shining orochi gustab kyo clone ourple blood flame lol zomg edition private edits.

I've seen there are people out there that just use mugen to try and make the biggest most unbeatable thing and I can't see the appeal of it at all.

Pretty much this, I've had found some private/rare characters in the past... (Mainly from youtube links where people tend to leak them and where I find them at) really you're not missing much just different effects and sometimes different moves. There are some private characters that are pretty neat in terms of coding/FX but they are usually backed up with some of the most horrible brokenness I've seen in a mugen character but it's nothing to really get your panties in a curl over though, You're better off downloading a proper version of the character anyways.
#70  September 30, 2016, 03:42:57 pm
    • USA
The most edit I've so far are the Kyo edits. AI practically the same, just new super moves. And walking animations that are picked up from sprite animations.
#71  October 01, 2016, 05:54:15 pm
Not big on the Private stuff screne, POTS, Jmorph, Infinite (new stuff) Divine Wolf,Chazzanova got me coverd on all fronts.
#72  October 05, 2016, 01:01:55 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
I make various edits and corrections (ie: hitbox corrections, extra attacks, coding corrections, etc.) to characters/stages I've downloaded, but I feel like not releasing them because they don't truly belong to me.  I also feel like I'm nowhere near good enough like a lot of other content creators here, and feel a bit intimidated to release the edits I have.  I also have no way of sharing them anyway.
#73  October 06, 2016, 01:43:06 am
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
I make various edits and corrections (ie: hitbox corrections, extra attacks, coding corrections, etc.) to characters/stages I've downloaded, but I feel like not releasing them because they don't truly belong to me.  I also feel like I'm nowhere near good enough like a lot of other content creators here, and feel a bit intimidated to release the edits I have.  I also have no way of sharing them anyway.

Same here, whenever I see that a some sprites of a character that doesn't look right, more often than not I go to Fighter Creator to rip said sprites, edit them and put them in the folder. Other times I changed an entire sprite sheet to put something of my preference, like charging this MK3 Ermac to having the MKP Ermac sprites just because I really love that edit, or XXX2 changed to a Ken with color units so he doesn't have only one color (I made them very dark, but still you may get the idea).Then there are other things such a palette over saturated or has too much contrast.

Or even just adding cutting room floor stuff, MK2 characters for example had some special effects for certain moves and poses in the original game that never made it to launch, but files were found and I added them to Juano's Shang Tsung, it makes those sprites look flashy.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#74  October 06, 2016, 02:14:30 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
got a lto of nude character no one else has, though I still ahve no idea how my nude chunli leaked
#75  October 10, 2016, 08:17:09 am
  • The Best of Both Worlds
  • SuperStar
Hello everybody.
I just think about a creation becomes private because: the creator just not want to share it because many or one reasons.

#76  October 10, 2016, 09:03:45 am
Remember that Evil Kyosuke was private at that time or what about the time that Evil Homer was going to be private?
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#77  October 11, 2016, 09:39:20 pm
  • $-$**Dreaming**$-$
    • South Korea
    • https://blog.naver.com/PostList.naver?blogId=blood72&from=postList&categoryNo=159
I renember evil kyosuke. There was a edit of mr fongs Kim kaphwan dark kim aswell that was private. It had 2 strikers
#78  October 14, 2016, 01:53:44 am
    • USA
#79  October 14, 2016, 02:25:50 am
  • $-$**Dreaming**$-$
    • South Korea
Dont worry. You weren't missing much.
#80  October 14, 2016, 02:40:36 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Wow, that was the most disappointing "Shin" edit I've ever seen.