YesNoOk

General HDBZ Discussion topic (Read 832579 times)

Started by Iced, May 15, 2015, 11:27:53 am
Share this topic:
Re: General HDBZ Discussion topic
#941  September 12, 2017, 04:27:12 am
So, two things.

First, I just wanted to sincerely say how much better these characters play now. I've been around since before the original Goku release, but haven't played with any HDBZ stuff since... I don't know, late 2016 at the earliest, possibly 2015 even. They feel a lot more cohesive, and I like the semi-standardization of the emotion modes a lot. Playing them now doesn't just feel like an incremental upgrade, but something more significant, Goku especially.

Secondly

The link to Babidi on Balthazar's site isn't updated. The site says the character was updated on April but the files date back to 2015.

This is still true. Can I get my hands on the updated version of Babidi, please?

edit: I guess I could just download the fullgame and see if it's separable from it. Let's try that.

edit2: Okay yes that works fine.
Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 04:55:41 am by Snakebyte
#942  September 13, 2017, 09:50:56 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Must have forgotten about Babidi. Updated his file now, thanks for pointing it out.
#943  September 23, 2017, 12:41:43 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Armentis made some sprites, but has anyone ever thought of making Puar a playable character?
Since he is a shapeshifter he could be like Skull Girl's Double, and use other characters animations for attacks.
The ideal animation, movement and guard could be sprites of Puar.
Since he flies he can always be in hitting range.
It would be a quick way to develop another character.
Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 12:48:12 pm by Alpha Proto
#944  September 27, 2017, 05:10:04 am
    • Puerto Rico
I saw a post that said broly z2 would be a hassle because of size, would it be possible to make a base form Broly z2 like his base for in the Raging blast games i think that's the only dbz game where his base form is playable it. would be truly a dream come true for me for that to come into fruition.
#945  September 27, 2017, 05:17:03 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Size has no bearing on Broly making it to Z2. The only thing that stops a char from making it is the lack of a spriter wanting to sprite said character.
#946  October 12, 2017, 01:59:01 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
So...
Compared to my regular (and - characters and stages aside - pretty vanilla) Mugen, the full Hyper DBZ game is often plagued with performance issues (slowdowns, general choppiness an so forth) for some reason. Sure, I could always put the characters and stages in my regular Mugen where they'd work fine, but I was wondering if this is a common issue and if there's something I can do to improve the performance.
#947  October 12, 2017, 09:14:54 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
HyperDBZ video configuration may be different than in your vanila mugen. My recommendation, check the mugen.cfg settings in your vanilla and change them in HDBZ
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#948  October 12, 2017, 10:55:52 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Thank you. I feel a bit stupid for not thinking of the obvious solution, but at least the game now works as it should.  :)
#949  October 24, 2017, 11:41:30 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
:guitarist: Bug time :guitarist:

Buu
If the opponent is KOed with "Pain Train" and Buu uses the toilet transformation winpose, the (untransformed) opponent is still visible beneath the toilet.

Edit: Also, strange things can apparently happen if Buu is KOed while the opponent is turned into candy. Had this happen while fighting Golden Freeza as Buu. Once the game finally recognized that the round was over, G. Freeza just slid across the screen while voiceclips of him talking to his dad were played. Not gamebreaking, but hilarious.

Edit 2: At the end of his transformation intros (after he's finished laughing), you can move Buu around even when the round hasn't started yet.

Piccolo vs Mr. Satan
Not sure which character's fault it is, but when I played as Piccolo and activated his powermode just as Mr. Satan threw out a Capsule Surprise, two additional Piccolos were visible during the superpause where the capsule would have been.

Babidi
If Babidi starts his level 3 and manages to start charging his power before the orb hits the opponent, he can keep charging all throughout the super. His charging aura can even be seen inside his crystal ball (depending on his position on screen).
Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 10:19:18 am by Toni
#950  November 15, 2017, 06:54:27 am
  • Standalone Tester for Famicom Fighters
    • USA
Ever since Jmorphman released Demitri, I've been Midnight Blissing all my characters. Only two characters in HDBZ have minor glitches with this move (Note: Not a major priority, since there is no character in HDBZ that actually has any MB type move yet. Still, it would be nice to address this in the next update.):

Babidi is invisible:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Satan works (and looks quite funny) but the last couple of frames in the animation are misaligned:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 07:03:37 am by Cyborg Sun
#951  December 17, 2017, 11:13:31 pm
How about adding DBZ ME2 theme song? Nostalgia overflow :)

btw. does anyone know where MugeNow guys got this theme song from? Was it composed for this game or it's a music ripped from another game?
Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 11:19:06 pm by K4thos
#952  December 18, 2017, 12:59:32 am
It's Hikari no Will Power. I think it was originally in Ultimate Battle 22; it was also in Final Bout.
#953  December 20, 2017, 07:07:10 pm
  • pew pew
    • sniris5@gmail.com
I still have mugen edition 2, a really slightly different version that doesn't include the clip of Ultimate Battle 22 running in the back. Even added a bunch of Hyperdimension inspired sprites for larger roster. brilliance right there
#954  January 19, 2018, 08:06:44 am
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
I've just downloaded the updated Champ's Edition from the Gotenks release video and noticed some minor things:

- The Saibamen are no longer multicolored despite this still being activated in the config.txt file.
- It's still called version 4.1 in the title screen.
- Intro2.mp3 is still glitched (around the 2 second mark).
#955  January 19, 2018, 01:10:56 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
About the version number, it's not meant to be an official update. The updated chars are betas and don't have all the planned updates that should be shared across them all. The only 2 updates we prioritized are the new otg fix and neutral throw. Another example of a tweak we intend to add to all but only few have here are throw tech and jumping attacks only hitting overhead on the way down. Not up. Some moves haven't been balanced either. But had we not updated the chars with these preview betas Gotenks would have been having a lot of issues :p

I'll look into the intro and get Rawk to look into the saibamen
Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 07:18:44 pm by Just No Point
#956  January 19, 2018, 06:47:20 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
I figured as much. Still, I think it helps with reporting bugs. Plus, the addition of two characters is not exactly insignificant, either. ;)
Speaking of which; the way they were included in the select.def (with no stage and order preselected) makes them randomly appear even in arcade mode (as the order defaults to 1 if omitted). Not a big deal with Buu or Gotenks, but quite jarring with the extra Golden Freeza or the training dummy.
#957  January 19, 2018, 08:12:52 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
That was an accident. I wasn't even aware. I had someone I'm training upload the game while I was at work. Seems they accidentally had their select.def and training in it on accident XD

Should be getting fixed. He feels pretty embarrassed but I remind him how often I make mistakes and much more frequently! Oh dear so many mistakes I make!!!
#958  January 20, 2018, 07:15:42 am
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
There's more: there are additional FreezaZ2, PiccoloZ2 and SatanZ2 folders inside the regular folders of the respective characters. More interestingly, if the date of the files are any indication, the folders within the folders are the newer versions of said characters and the select.def is pointing to the wrong (outdated) ones.
There's also an additional BabidiZ2 folder inside the regular BabidiZ2 folder, but they seem to be identical, so no harm done there except making the download bigger.

Just... what happened here?  :laugh3:
#959  January 20, 2018, 01:09:14 pm
  • Fate's Persona
  • Words hurt more than blades.
I've noticed that too,when i downloaded the full build beta patched recently with Piccolo.i thought it was just a small mistake and didn't want to bother Z2 team about it,you guys must have gotten a headache with all this. XD
~ A swift blade makes monsters tame. ~
#960  February 05, 2018, 08:22:43 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Don't have a PS4 yet but seeing some high level and professional level matches on DBFZ  I honestly feel like passing up on Namco's.

I feel this fan game would be more fun.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.