YesNoOk

How to end a round / Why isn't the round ending (besides AssertSpecial)? (Read 2347 times)

Started by thepacifist, March 24, 2017, 10:31:34 pm
Share this topic:
How to end a round / Why isn't the round ending (besides AssertSpecial)?
#1  March 24, 2017, 10:31:34 pm
Can anything besides AssertSpecial keep a round from ending? As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm trying to tweak one ending for Alucard's Batman (the one where he ties the opponent up and leaves them hanging from a rooftop) and one for Loganir's Wonder Woman (where she takes Thor's hammer). I think both are nice but run a bit long and can't be canceled out with a button press like normal winposes. I'm trying to either shorten the time of these winposes or insert some code to allow me to cancel them out. I'm using Mugen 1.0, but this was an issue in earlier versions as well.

In my own attempt to figure this out I've learned that AssertSpecial can prevent a round from ending. However, I don't see any flags preventing the round from ending in the code (just flags for NoBarDisplay, nofg, noshadow). That's why I'm trying to figure out if anything besides AssertSpecial can keep a round from ending. I could be wrong and missed an AssertSpecial in another part of the cns file that wasn't clear to me to be part of the winpose I'm looking at (I'm just going off the debug info to see what states I should look at). But that's why I'm asking. Should I still be looking for an AssertSpecial or is there something else I'm missing?

A lot of explodes last a long time, but those wouldn't keep the round from ending, right? I tried reducing their time, but the round still doesn't end. Also, Batman appears to be in a custom state, not a normal winpose state for this winpose. Wonder Woman is confusing b/c her debug info says she's in State 0, so I'm not sure what to do with that.

Any help here would be much appreciated! If it's helpful, I can describe more precisely what state for each character I'm talking about if anyone wanted to take a look at the code themselves. I'd post the code, but again, I'm not sure if I'm looking in the right area.
Re: How to end a round / Why isn't the round ending (besides AssertSpecial)?
#2  March 27, 2017, 06:51:11 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Well fighting against Evil Ken and Evil Ryu's AI, they LOVE to keep attacking after the round is over.
I think that P2 has to go into the lying dead statedef. As for P1 I'm not exactly positive if it has to enter a particular state. I'd imagine state 0. If you could lock both P1 and P2 into custom states, keep them in the air with neutral physics, I _think_ mugen would wait for them to "come down" to end the round.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv

2OS

Re: How to end a round / Why isn't the round ending (besides AssertSpecial)?
#3  March 27, 2017, 07:07:57 am
  • 608 Wannabe
  • Ich schicke dich zur HOELLE!! STIRB DU FEIGLING!!
    • Egypt
this was one of my last posts before i super hibernated lol

1. the winner not being in state 0
2. the loser not being in state 5150
3. a persisting ctrlset to 0
4. possibly other shit that im not directly aware of

as for the evil duo roundstate=2 wasn't one of their ai triggers when it should have been