YesNoOk

Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out) (Read 2856988 times)

Started by Iced, July 15, 2012, 03:54:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe: DC on suicide squad watch
#3421  April 20, 2017, 03:00:55 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Debrii?

Wasn't that girl who used splinters to kill a Reaver in the Logan film?
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#3422  April 20, 2017, 03:40:05 am
that cloak and dagger trailer looked boring as fuck (i have no previous knowledge about the characters at all)
#3423  April 20, 2017, 04:04:22 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
There's even more news today! Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck, a directing duo, have officially joined up with Marvel and will direct Captain Marvel.

The lineup for the New Warriors TV show has been announced
Ooh, this is pretty good lineup (with an out lesbian character! I think this is the first Marvel Studios property with an out queer character, and it's still too little, too late, but dang, I'm still excited): besides Squirrel Girl, who was already known, you've got the big core New Warriors, minus the two characters who are too tricky to include: Namorita (the cousin of Namor, whose rights are all mixed up) and Nova (who is probably getting a solo movie down the line, and in any case, there's probably stuff involving the Nova Corps for Guardians 2 and Avengers 3/4), you've got two of the newer(ish) characters who didn't really get a fair shake before they were unceremoniously killed off and/or dropped into limbo, and then you've Mr. Immortal from the Great Lakes Avengers. I'm not so sure about that last one, but perhaps it could lead into a GLA show or something. But yeah, this is a pretty good lineup, I'm excited for this!

There is no such thing as too much Squirrel Girl.
This is true, but also, there is no goddamn way Squirrel Girl is being promoted too much; Marvel's been pretty even-handed with her, especially when you take into account how they usually promote characters who are experiencing surges in popularity. Like jeez, there aren't 3 different Squirrel Girl ongoings while she's simultaneously also a member of 3 different teams! We're not at Wolverine or Deadpool levels, they're not even coming close to Iron Man levels yet!
Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 06:37:43 am by Jmorphman
#3424  April 22, 2017, 03:06:38 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Yeah, people just see that she's become extremely popular in a short amount of time and equate that with over-saturation, but in all honesty they've been pretty reserved in how and where they use her.  At best, she's gotten a dedicated spot in every "all of the super heroes are here" splash page that pops up, but she's actually been merchandised shockingly little for how popular she is.
#3425  April 25, 2017, 07:44:00 pm
  • SNK is life
Just a quick reminder of the upcoming Marvel Movie schedule after the whole "Zoe Saldana spoiled the subtitle to Avengers 4" turned to be false

KEY RELEASE DATES
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 release date: May 5, 2017
Spider-Man: Homecoming release date: Jul 7, 2017
Thor: Ragnarok release date: Nov 3, 2017
Black Panther release date: Feb 16, 2018
The Avengers: Infinity War release date: May 4, 2018
Ant-Man & The Wasp release date: Jul 6, 2018
Captain Marvel release date: Mar 8, 2019
The Avengers 4 / Untitled Avengers Movie release date: May 3, 2019
#3426  April 27, 2017, 10:55:16 pm
i just got back from gotg2 and it wasnt as good as the first one but still really good, drax remaining one of the funniest characters
#3427  April 29, 2017, 01:06:34 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I liked it, at first i was like "well its a bit too much like the first" then after a day it felt even better because it was well structured and scenes like
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
that are usually really cheesy on other moviies in this one
#3428  April 29, 2017, 01:38:22 am
Ah, right, I saw it last Tuesday.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 01:47:29 am by Byakko
#3429  April 29, 2017, 11:07:39 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Yeeeeah it was pretty great.

Also goddamn there's a lot of fine as hell alien women in these movies. Abduct me next darnit!
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#3430  May 02, 2017, 09:28:39 pm
  • SNK is life
I cry at end, but funny all the other tiem yes. Really liked :beam:
#3431  May 03, 2017, 03:12:36 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA

Fuck, I really need to catch up on the Netflix series.
#3432  May 03, 2017, 03:17:31 pm
4-way DD1 corridor fight scene ??
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#3433  May 03, 2017, 03:43:05 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Holy shit that looks great
#3434  May 03, 2017, 11:08:00 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Runaways incoming
#3435  May 05, 2017, 03:58:01 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
First Teaser of Marvel’s Inhumans
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#3436  May 05, 2017, 08:42:06 pm
that was fucking trash

if youre not going to show any footage dont make a "teaser"
#3437  May 06, 2017, 02:59:10 pm
#3438  May 07, 2017, 01:06:13 am
    • USA
Yep, first time we've seen anyone besides Black Bolt (and the only pictures of Black Bolt were some photos shot while they were filming)

But yeah, these are real real real bad. Even their rendition of Medusa is somehow jaw-droppingly awful, even though all that it really needs is a purple dress and a giant wig! I mean, I guess Crystal and Maximus are fine (I still feel like there's something missing in both cases, though), but then again, that's really only because those are the only two characters that are supposed to look normal.

The Inhumans should look weird and unsettling (they are, after all *Inhuman*): these live action looks fail spectacularly at that. :-/

The first look at the Runaways cast came out too:

Since they're all civilians (and never end up adopting costumes anyways), there's not really much to say about this. Molly has been aged up to a high school freshman (presumably have to avoid dealing with a child actor), which may screw up her dynamic with the rest of the characters, but I guess it depends on how it all plays out. And I'm not exactly surprised that they made Gert skinny, but it still sucks a whole bunch.
#3439  May 07, 2017, 05:31:08 pm
    • Poland
Inhumans indeed looks pretty bad. I was worrying since Scott Buck is showrunner, and after what he did with Iron Fist I don't have high hopes for good script :-/

But worst part is that they actually made Serinda Swan (medusa) look ugly. It looks like they tried really hard to do that.

In case you don't know her she was so great at Zatanna in Smallville and since then I watch out for her roles.

How can you change THAT:

into some orange ugly chick ? Seriously.
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#3440  May 10, 2017, 03:06:40 am
    • USA
So uh, Guardians of the Galaxy 2 was like, way way better than the first? In pretty much every way? Sure, the first one was newer, funnier, and more refreshing—and thus had more novelty—but (especially compared to its sequel) it was ultimately a lot of style, but little substance. I've cooled a lot on the first GotG since it came out, but I was still surprised at how the second one managed to overcome pretty much every big problem the first one had!

Spoiler: spoiler time (click to see content)