Random Topic V10 (Read 651794 times)

Started by Orochi Gill, July 09, 2016, 05:00:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Random Topic V10
#1781  January 11, 2017, 06:48:01 pm
  • I'll eat you.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
You guys should probably try and learn more about what you're talking about before making any bold claims.

The 35 page dossier published by BuzzFeed is, in fact, a series of memos collected by a former member of British Intelligence as opposition research, commissioned on behalf of anti-Trump Republicans (and later, by Democratic-aligned groups). This document has been circulating in political, news, and intelligence communities for months now, and some of the memos as far back as last summer. Since none of the information was able to be verified at the time, it was not published anywhere, nor included in any intelligence briefings.

That is, until recently, when US intelligence agencies completed their investigation into the matter and found some of the sources contained in the memo to be credible; they then started including some the information in intelligence briefings to the president and president-elect (in the form of a 2 page synopsis of the larger, 35 page memo). The existence of both the memo and the synopsis were first reported by CNN publicly yesterday, before the BuzzFeed publication. The original CNN story, the BuzzFeed release, and the subsequent reporting by (good) news organizations all have stressed that much of the information contained in the memos is not only unverified, but in some cases unverifiable.

So uh yeah. Not really anything that can be descirbed as "fake news".
#1782  January 11, 2017, 07:45:16 pm
  • Why do unis cram all tests in one month
  • Pet your nearest animal
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
The 4chan post is all the way back in November 2016 mate,the shitty fanfictions were apparently checked by CIA and mostly proven fake. (Its obviously all fake tho,based on the source)
#1783  January 11, 2017, 07:46:33 pm
Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 08:08:36 pm by Niitris
#1784  January 11, 2017, 07:58:52 pm
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Because the guy that leaked the news from the intelligence reports,John McCain,is a big Anti Trump guy and hates Russia's guts,and was probably hoping to throw some shade on 'em both
#1785  January 11, 2017, 08:09:01 pm
  • I'll eat you.
    • USA
McCain sent the memo to the FBI in early December (but they and the other agencies already had it). There's no real reason to assume he's behind this most recent leak.

The 4chan post is all the way back in November 2016 mate,the shitty fanfictions were apparently checked by CIA and mostly proven fake. (Its obviously all fake tho,based on the source)
Again, this memo dates back to at least summer of last year. It is entirely possible that the piss thing came later (or it could've been there before that 4chan post was made because that anon is the one who made it up, which is what that anon asserts), but the memo contains far more than weird fetish shit.

It isn't known what the intelligence agencies found credible in the 35 page memo, only that some portions were found to be verifiable. If I had to bet, the piss stuff is not being taken seriously by anyone in the know.

But obviously, it's the most fun thing in there, so it's naturally getting the most attention by the general public.

Why are intelligence reports get "leaked" anyway like, wtf? This is implying it's true.
It's not an intelligence report; it's unreleased opposition research. The actual intelligence report is only 2 pages and covers only some of the material contained within the larger 35 page document.
#1786  January 11, 2017, 08:15:07 pm
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
But obviously, it's the most fun thing in there
Among other things yea

Again, this memo dates back to at least summer of last year. It is entirely possible that the piss thing came later, but the memo contains far more than weird fetish shit.
Yea I looked over the full stuff and the beggining couple of stuff have a way more serious/proffessional tone,so a good bunch of 'em seem to be before the 4chan thing
#1787  January 11, 2017, 08:22:29 pm
It's not an intelligence report; it's unreleased opposition research.

Well, the larger document also had "intelligence report" on the title. :P

If Buzzfeed had so much doubt about the authenticity of it all, then why publish it in the first place? Because "letting the readers decide" sounds like a convenient excuse to generate clicks.
#1788  January 11, 2017, 08:24:20 pm
is that waifu excerpt from what buzzfeed posted?

i really really want the 4chan angle to be true but the evidence isnt very convincing to me. maybe the anon will come through and post the email exchanges, but until then idk
#1789  January 11, 2017, 08:46:08 pm
  • I'll eat you.
    • USA
I'm talking specifically about intelligence reports from one of the official government agencies; this is from a third party. It's important to differentiate the two, especially since this all deals with two separate  (but related) documents, one from each category.

If Buzzfeed had so much doubt about the authenticity of it all, then why publish it in the first place? Because "letting the readers decide" sounds like a convenient excuse to generate clicks.
It's been in the hands of news agencies for a good while now, and up till yesterday everyone who had it (which includes BuzzFeed) didn't report on it for exactly that reason: there was no way of verifying any of the outlandish claims contained within.

What changed was the CNN report revealing that US intelligence agencies had thoroughly reviewed the memo and found some of the information included in it was credible enough to be included in intelligence briefings. That then prompted BuzzFeed to release the full 35 page memo, which contains both the outlandish, unverifiable stories as well as the stuff found credible.
#1790  January 11, 2017, 09:12:32 pm
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
It's not an intelligence report; it's unreleased opposition research.

That's exactly what it was, and it worked. Here's to hoping they feel some real backlash.
This is effectively #PizzaGate for the anti-Trump crowd. All we need now is some Russian with a strong aversion to piss and lolis to investigate a suspected pee-party hotel with an AK.
#1791  January 11, 2017, 09:15:03 pm
  • 0% Hawaii
  • My shoe commands more respect than you.
    • Guatemala
#1792  January 11, 2017, 09:25:57 pm
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Oh my god I didnt know it was him that said that
Fucking lmao
#1793  January 12, 2017, 09:50:03 am
    • Japan
All there is to know about the Trump's piss "scandal"

#1794  January 12, 2017, 11:21:29 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Maybe it's late for me but I don't get it
#1795  January 12, 2017, 12:48:18 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
I think its the Trump haters drinking the piss of the fake news.
#1796  January 12, 2017, 02:11:05 pm
damn i should tweet trump about this new hentai series coming up it's really good.
#1797  January 12, 2017, 04:22:17 pm
    • Japan
#1798  January 12, 2017, 05:19:22 pm
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
#1799  January 12, 2017, 05:41:41 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
soenoe actually photoshoped trup faces in a hentai doujinshi, like hell I remember the name, tho.
#1800  January 13, 2017, 12:45:12 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?

well, this thing is awful.