YesNoOk

entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 1324268 times)

Started by Titiln, June 18, 2011, 03:16:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread
#4241  December 07, 2017, 01:25:26 am
good
#4242  December 07, 2017, 01:30:05 am
  • Raging Fist
Pikapool's in da house!
#4243  December 07, 2017, 01:45:33 am
wtf
I still wouldn't watch a pokemon movie but I'd at least check out a clip of that.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#4244  December 08, 2017, 09:43:09 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Just saw the new Jurassic Park trailer. There's that one scene I think they shouldn't have shown.

Best to avoid it if you can.

I'm trying to avoid the Infinity War trailers too.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#4245  December 08, 2017, 09:52:44 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
can't say I blame you, I even wanted to make a thread about how some Trailer spoils the movies, like in the case of Thor: Ragnarok
#4246  December 08, 2017, 12:06:54 pm
  • Shun Goku Satsu
can't say I blame you, I even wanted to make a thread about how some Trailer spoils the movies, like in the case of Thor: Ragnarok

I've noticed for a while now that trailers nowadays include the best/most important parts just to entice viewers, rather than the studio spending time making a good trailer that doesn't reveal too much but still makes you want to see the film.
#4247  December 09, 2017, 08:27:03 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman

first trailer for the Phil Lord and Chris Miller animated Miles Morales movie:

the animation looks fucking great
#4248  December 10, 2017, 04:36:32 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA

I understand the purpose of making her eyes like that to show she's not like everyone else, but it's not going to stop it from being distracting.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#4249  December 10, 2017, 04:56:04 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
So, the motorball arc didn't make the cut.

That's probably for the best, considering the movie has to fit Ido's job as a hunter (and successfully frame him as a villian), Makaku stealing bodies, what's his name getting thorn to pieces and possibly Alita's origin story in 90—150 minutes.

And yeah, those eyes are disturbing.
Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 05:13:18 am by Foobs Sese Seko Nkuku Ngben...
#4250  December 11, 2017, 02:05:02 am
  • I must be allergic to money cos I never have it
The way they could legitimise the reasoning of the size of Alita's eyes is that she could have been made originally as a 'fad' model from Zarem, where anime eyes were popular among cyborgs and robots there.

I don't like the music used in the clip. It's too 'teen romance'. They just used it because it had the word 'angel' in it. I think it would have been better if they used some of the original anime music.

Rev.  ;P
3d rocks!
#4251  December 12, 2017, 01:03:33 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Watching The Gifted. It's getting better.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Can't wait for Legion.

And Agents of Shield.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 01:51:33 pm by rgveda99
#4252  December 20, 2017, 09:02:05 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
first pic of Hawk and Dove from the Titans show

As a H&D fan.. I like it, I like it a lot
#4253  December 21, 2017, 04:27:24 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico

funny thing I just watched scarlet johanson in the shell and the trailers had all teh good scenes and watching the movie was futile becaue of that.
#4254  December 21, 2017, 06:59:12 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
first pic of Hawk and Dove from the Titans show

As a H&D fan.. I like it, I like it a lot

Why are they going for Hank Hall & Dawn Granger? Is there some conspiracy to make the world forget about Hank Hall & Don Hall?
#4255  December 30, 2017, 02:08:40 am
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
Trailer for the upcoming movie Mom and Dad, movie about parents going insane and trying to kill their children, starring Nicolas Cage as one of them, directed by the guy who made the Crank movies :D

This movie has everything to Just be a perfect over the top and fun movie
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#4256  January 12, 2018, 07:39:13 pm
  • Lone Wolf
    • Argentina
So.. Teen Titans GO To The Movies is a thing now. honestly i have mixed feelings for the show, as someone who likes the original series i should be pissed but there are a few good episodes out there like "The Night Begins to Shine" and i like shows that make fun of themselves its like finding a gold nugget on a pile of shit so i am a bit curious. also the villain who appears in the trailer is a guy named "Balloon Man" an obscure villain from the Golden Age that appeared once in Metal Men #24 and never came back afterwards. honestly the fact that they brought him back just to be used for a fart joke is sad and pathetic

"What do you see in me? a man or a beast?"
Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 04:32:25 am by Kreutz Warrior
#4257  January 12, 2018, 07:42:35 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
Dc had one job (which was not to make a Teen Titans Go made for TV movie) and the failed.
#4258  January 13, 2018, 02:59:57 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Forgot to post the trailer.

The problem with Teen Titans Go, besides it generally being of the typical focused on pure randomness bad show that got too big for its own good and congesting the network so much that its killing off creativity, is it can't stop being ironic.  It's wrapped up in so many layers of irony that that's all it can be.  It takes so many pot shots at better shows, about it trying to be a better show, and people wanting better shows, with the show's script and very actors making fun of people wanting something better, without any actual focus on trying to be better or funny about it.

It was annoying enough that this was the follow-up to the objectively better previous show that had a plotline to follow and had questions left unanswered or at the very least felt not properly addressed, but its since then turned into a self-aware smug joke pointed at everyone else for not giving it a chance.  If it was just left to its own devices instead of everyone focused on how bad it is, it would have been over with by now, and people could move onto something new.  Or at the very least its popularity would bring D.C. to do more animated programs of higher quality, with TTG covering any risk costs.  But alas, now we got a movie who's story is about if everyone gets a superhero movie these days, then even the worst superheros should as well, and it's focused on bringing the superhero movie genre to a crash.  I'm sure there's going to be a joke or two how D.C.'s movies aren't matching up to Marvel's, so this is D.C.'s countermeasures.
Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 03:13:26 am by Long John Killer
#4259  January 13, 2018, 03:45:20 am
  • Lone Wolf
    • Argentina
Yeah agreed. im not saying the show is good, by all means its terrible. but there are some good episodes that appeal to my weird sense of humor like "Meatball Party" where everyone wants Raven to eat a meat ball for the first time or that one where the Justice League interviews new members and Beast Boy turns into a cow and spits milk on all the judges including Wonder Woman (i cant believe they got away with that) its not the worst CN show, that spot belongs to "The Problem Solverz" and to be fair the show has some cool references not just towards the old show but also DC Comics in general like Jason Todd's
urn of ashes next to a fucking crowbar

overall its a guilty pleasure of mine

"What do you see in me? a man or a beast?"
Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 04:34:17 am by Kreutz Warrior

lui

#4260  January 13, 2018, 06:33:31 am
    • USA
dudes its a kids show. a kids show. i watch it with my family and my little cousins. its not meant to be taken so seriously and the show even pokes fun at that so many times. it's supposed to appeal to kids with little nods to the DC lore that older fans can look out for when watching with kids. c'mon now.
Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 06:37:22 am by Walruslui