YesNoOk

Soul Calibur 2 HD Online (Read 46179 times)

Started by Moon Girard, July 20, 2013, 12:24:04 am
Share this topic:
Re: Soul Calibur 2 HD Online
#41  July 20, 2013, 07:39:21 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Talim feels alright in 3 as well. Preferred her SC2 costumes though.

Yeah I remember thinking wtf is this at her SC3 and SC4 costumes, those probably put me off using her moreso than I already was.  Not like I would have anyway since vampire Raphael and all.
#42  July 20, 2013, 07:40:30 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
But fighting games are starting to show up on PC ore recently, so I wouldn't count it out yet.

Valid point. But it comes down to budgeting and I would think Namco is going to produce the console/online versions first and then see what happens. I'd personally love to see this on the PC, even if all I would want to do is mod/rip stuff from them. Time will tell I suppose.

Yeah I remember thinking wtf is this at her SC3 and SC4 costumes, those probably put me off using her moreso than I already was.  Not like I would have anyway since vampire Raphael and all.

I remember recreating all of those awesome SC2 costumes in SC4. That was a lot of fun. I am also one of the very few fans who hasn't played 5. I felt as if the gameplay got a little stale in 4. Which explains why my mind is blown with this SC2 announcement. The gaemplay is still solid to this day and isn't a broken mess, at least in my opinion.

Lets hope the online holds up. Judging by Tag 2's performance, I don't think we have much to worry about. ::crosses fingers::
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#43  July 20, 2013, 07:41:34 pm
  • TEHUH NAYUME EZ HUWK KOO MAWUN
    • Canada
But fighting games are starting to show up on PC ore recently, so I wouldn't count it out yet.

PC Ore sounds like it would be really rare if it existed.

Can't wait to play nothing but Nightmare.

Harmony is harmony is harmony is not with us, harmony is not with us. Living hell is coming.

3DS FC: 0232 - 8852 - 3659
#44  July 20, 2013, 07:42:47 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK

SC2 P1 Talim had the midriff thing going, P2 had the hair bun things and P3 had a good colour scheme.

PC Ore sounds like it would be really rare if it existed.

Bah, walked right into that one. Blindly.

There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#45  July 20, 2013, 09:16:21 pm
  • GO GO DARK BARRIER!
    • USA
    • Skype - gamefreak202020
    • www.youtube.com/channel/UCYefk6BEg3rLhUjhCJ3x7ew
Any word on price/release date?
- lulz, NeoGeoPocketColor Adel.
~~~~
GF202020 a.k.a. gamefreak202020
#46  July 20, 2013, 09:18:35 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#47  July 20, 2013, 09:58:48 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Well, ain't this a nice thing to hear about. I had the PS2 version of SCII and I always wondered if there would ever be any chance of facing someone in this game.

With this being online, now my dreams can come true. All I ask for is that they keep the single player stuff as well. I know online is nice and all, but I happen to enjoy beating the CPU every now and then as well.

Oh, and if possible: Can they make Spawn cross platform? I want to use him at least once since I never played the Xbox version.
#48  July 20, 2013, 10:03:58 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
Well, ain't this a nice thing to hear about. I had the PS2 version of SCII and I always wondered if there would ever be any chance of facing someone in this game.

With this being online, now my dreams can come true. All I ask for is that they keep the single player stuff as well. I know online is nice and all, but I happen to enjoy beating the CPU every now and then as well.

Oh, and if possible: Can they make Spawn cross platform? I want to use him at least once since I never played the Xbox version.

With pure specluation, Spawn is a possibilty since His creator Todd McFarlane also created the design for Necrid. If Necrid is in, then it wouldn't too much of a stretch. But, as of yet, there has been no spotting of Necrid so it's up in the air.
Link on the other hand is very doubtful.
#49  July 20, 2013, 10:13:03 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA

With pure specluation, Spawn is a possibilty since His creator Todd McFarlane also created the design for Necrid. If Necrid is in, then it wouldn't too much of a stretch. But, as of yet, there has been no spotting of Necrid so it's up in the air.
Link on the other hand is very doubtful.

Wouldn't shock me if Necrid is in. As hated as he is, he was the only cross platform guest fighter in the game. I wouldn't be shocked.. Link, on the other hand, won't be in this.

Which is OK by me because if I wanted to use Link in a fighter, I'd go play SSB Brawl.

Zeo

#50  July 20, 2013, 10:54:43 pm
  • A long time around.
#51  July 20, 2013, 11:22:52 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
I loved Yunsung in SC4,why the hate?
#52  July 20, 2013, 11:42:50 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Because he is a fucking Hwang rippoff/clone nobody wanted.
#53  July 20, 2013, 11:56:16 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Taken right from X-Box 360 Achievements.org:

Namco Bandai has announced that Soul Calibur II HD Online is coming to the Xbox Live Arcade to celebrate the game's 10th anniversary, meaning you'll be able to revisit what is arguably the best game in the series to date, all presented in shiny HD with new online battling modes.

Soul Calibur II HD Online will feature the same online modes you'll find in the current Soul Calibur games, with the likes of Arcade, Survival, VS Battle, Time Attack, Team Battle, Practice and Weapon Master all available to partake in. Characters such as Ivy, Siegfried, Taki, Voldo, Talim, Kilik, Sophitia, Maxi, Mitsurugi, Astaroth and the rest of the crew are all in, present and correct in HD, with bonus character Heihachi included too (he was originally a PS2 exclusive).

Licensing issues mean that Todd McFarlane's Spawn from the original Xbox version and GameCube exclusive Link from Zelda almost definitely won't be in the game, but the chance to play Soul Calibur II once again in HD with new online modes is too good a prospect to pass up.

And screenshots HERE:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/soul-calibur-2-hd-online/showimg-1/

#54  July 21, 2013, 12:07:04 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Siegfried? Well, I guess if somehow Necrid can't make it in.

Hang on, one of the shots is of Inferno in Astaroth's stage. Is he gonna be properly playable now?
Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 12:10:27 am by MightyKombat
#55  July 21, 2013, 12:22:18 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Inferno, AKA Calibur's Mokujin/Edge Master was always properly playable, you just had to unlock him. But with the way things are nowadays, I'm going to safely assume that Namco will already have everything unlocked right from the get-go, like Tekken Tag HD on the PS3. Also, I could deal without Spawn and Necrid, thank you. I always thought they should have included Medieval Spawn instead of Vanilla Spawn here as a Medieval theme fits perfectly with SC2's time period. While Heihachi is rad and all, Namco should have went straight for the Arcade Roster along with Assassin, Berserker and Lizardman. Having Heihachi without Link or Spawn, while completely understandable due to liscencing issues, makes me feel a little cheated.

Ah well. I'm hooking my X-Box up tonight and getting to practicing/remembering my movelists and strategies. :devilish:

#56  July 21, 2013, 12:28:51 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Not in SC2 he wasn't. I am very certain you couldn't play as Inferno in SC2 at all without hacking so seeing him outside of his home stage here pretty much hints he might be actually usable this time.

I was gonna laugh at them mentioning Siegfried (Since he wasn't in SC2, or he was as Nightmare and as his 3rd costume" but if Necrid can't get in I'm sure they could put Sieg in anyhow.

He's not Talim though.
#57  July 21, 2013, 12:36:59 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
:omg:

Shit!! I meant Charade. Why the hell did I think inferno...

#58  July 21, 2013, 12:38:20 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Well they're both mimic characters.

I'd prefer if they drop Charade and brought back Edge Master or Olcadan though. I liked those guys, especially Olcadan.
#59  July 21, 2013, 12:40:02 am
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Is Olcadan the bird brain guy?
Since i liked him a lot too
#60  July 21, 2013, 12:41:17 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Yeah, Olcadan was the anthropomorphic O RLY owl.