YesNoOk

How do I create an algorithm that recognizes the attributes of an enemy's spawns (Read 1012 times)

Started by Fighting Toys Freak, March 08, 2019, 01:56:08 am
Share this topic:
How do I create an algorithm that recognizes the attributes of an enemy's spawns
#1  March 08, 2019, 01:56:08 am
  • New changes, new me!
I know that the M.U.G.E.N software has no known trigger commands that detect specific attributes associated with the opponents' helpers and projectiles, such as "enemynear, helper(700), p2bodydist X", "enemynear, projdist X", etc.

Could anybody propose any algorithms that can detect the distance of the opponent's helper and projectiles from the player, the speed of any opponent's helper, and whether or not an opponent's attack lacks a guardflag parameter (unguardable) while still having the chance to make contact with the actual player?

All suggestions will be considered.
Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 02:58:20 am by Fighting Toys Freak
Re: How do I create an algorithm that recognizes the attributes of an enemy's spawns
#2  March 08, 2019, 05:34:54 am
    • Peru
I am not entirely sure of how functional this would be, but you could perhaps type in enemynear, ishelper and see if it takes you anywhere. Not sure if it would work, though. I haven't used ishelper much, if at all.

If not, the only way I can think of is by registering said values from P2's helpers with ParentVarSet and then reading them from P1 with enemynear,var(x). But of course, this is only viable if you're developing a full game and are in full control of all the characters.
Millie, "Ozy and Millie" said:
"I think there are really three types of people: "Glass is half-full" sorts of people, "Glass is half-empty" sorts of people,
and people who will spit into the glass until that's fixed."
Re: How do I create an algorithm that recognizes the attributes of an enemy's spawns
#3  March 08, 2019, 11:50:27 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv