YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734095 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#1921  January 21, 2020, 11:02:57 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org

Conversely, while not a full character as such, they went with Sans to rep UT.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#1922  January 21, 2020, 11:53:03 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
To be fair, I would consider the Sans situation to be something of a special case per se.
#1923  January 21, 2020, 01:00:18 pm
    • Brazil
The thing is I don't think Fire Emblem's characters have that much popularity to justify any of them being added over the protagonist. If it was a very popular character, like how Pikachu was playable in Smash 64 instead of Red, then its justifiable, because Pikachu ended up becoming the mascot of the franchise because of the anime, so his popularity outshined Red's, but in Fire Emblem, there is no character even close to be in that situation.
#1924  January 21, 2020, 01:06:47 pm
Well people want Isaac (or mathew) from golden sun and literally no else despite way more interesting characters to choose from particularly the villians. I personally wanted either Sveta or Saturos to rep golden sun but it seems like everybody else wants a bland quiet boi.
#1925  January 21, 2020, 01:24:28 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Enough talking about Byleth, okay? What is done, is done.
Yeah. I was upset at first, but now I'm starting to like him/her.
Can we talk about the season 2 of Smash?
What are we expecting this time?
This is fate.
#1926  January 21, 2020, 01:36:21 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org

A Pokémon from SwSh, probably Cinderace.

I don't want it, but I'm expecting it.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#1927  January 21, 2020, 03:21:43 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
A Namco-Bandai rep just so the rest of the Namco Mii Costumes can be released.  KOS-MOS, Jin Kazama, someone from God Eater, someone from Tales, someone from .hack.

We are getting Kubfu to promote the new expansion pass and you can't stop them.
Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 03:28:51 pm by Kirishima
#1928  January 21, 2020, 07:14:40 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
Who I want: Sora(even though i know he has no chance lmao), Pyra, Dante, 2B(yes, yes not a "good girl", i know) and Eggman.
#1929  January 21, 2020, 08:06:36 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
My biggest hope has to be Dr. Eggman, and it's been like that ever since the Sm4sh days.

An ARMS character would be really cool, too! (Twintelle?)
Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 10:13:15 pm by NDSilva
#1930  January 22, 2020, 12:45:22 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Nier: Automata is still on my to-do list (Apparently you have to play the whole game through three times to get the true story, which consistently pushes it back further down that list), but I don't recall 2B being as obtusely sexualized in the actual media pertaining to the game, nothing that couldn't be mildly edited to fit into Smash like Corrin, essentially the same issue with showing two much skin on the legs.  The fanbase on the other hand, that's a whole other story.  However, 2B kinda fits that same outlier case that Sans has, Automata is just a spin-off but apparently one hell of a successful spin-off that eclipsed the original to the point I don't even remember the name of the guy from the original, just the story on how they designed two versions of the guy for Eastern and Western audiences.

If they want anime swordsmen so badly though, I'll take one with, like, 7 swords all floating around telepathically over another guy with blue hair.  Soul Calibur made her seem neat.  And there aren't many robots on the roster, for what that's worth.

I jest, but really, the anime swordsman thing wouldn't be remotely as big a pain as it is if they were from other series, Cloud is exceptionally better than everything past Marth and Roy because it covers a whole other series with its own fanbase.  Even if they did get shafted with the song variety given.  And yeah, I'd adore them adding Sora, Crono, Dante or something just NOT FE's sword users.

Dunno who to actively expect, the only one I cared about that went out of their way to decomfirm was 343 saying no, Master Chief won't be in Smash.  Which is a shame, but I suppose that prevents people who don't play Doom and Halo throwing up arms about two green space marines making it in, if DoomGuy shows up.
#1931  January 22, 2020, 01:30:33 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
For Nintendo reps give me Skapon, Urban Champ, Kururin or something from Advance Wars.

Only swordfighter I want is Adol Christin. Only Namco character I want is Klonoa.

Also f*** all these modern characters people want, I'd rather have more classic characters (as in, anything from 5th gen and before).
#1932  January 22, 2020, 01:39:34 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I'm still pulling for Porky Minch, but that dream is looking farther and farther away.

I maintain that Travis Touchdown would be an amazing addition, and timely with No More Heroes 3 on the horizon.  Western indie games have been getting a surprising amount of representation in Ultimate, so I wouldn't rule out seeing an indie rep in the next pass.  But since the biggest ones of the past couple of years (Shovel Knight, Shantae, Undertale, Cuphead) are already spoken for in one manner or another, I'm not sure who would be most likely.  Hollow Knight?  Hat Kid, maybe?

I don't want it, but I'm expecting it.
I feel like Rillaboom wouldn't be a terrible addition, if only to be the Grass-type equivalent to Greninja and Incineroar.  I bet Sakurai could do some cool shit with a fighter who uses a drum as a weapon.
#1933  January 22, 2020, 01:55:06 am
When it comes to indie reps, the one that comes to mind is Gris, tho that it likely reserved for a Spirit event.
#1934  January 22, 2020, 02:32:23 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Also f*** all these modern characters people want, I'd rather have more classic characters (as in, anything from 5th gen and before).
Isn't the 6th generation the timeframe around 2000?  That's 20 whole years you're skipping, that's not only just barely under Smash's lifetime, but over the age for someone to have gone from birth to adulthood and then some to gloss over.  PS2, Gamecube, Xbox and I guess Dreamcast sorta makes that list, and they all have plenty of classics.

Also isn't Half-Life from around that generation, if from PC and not console?  Because I'd kill for Gordan Freeman.  Oh, the things you can do with a Gravity Gun, it'd be F.L.U.D.D. supercharged.  Half-Life's had weirder crossovers, it showed up in Final Fantasy XV.  For God knows what reasons.
#1935  January 22, 2020, 06:11:33 am
    • Brazil
How funny that you would use "classic" and "modern" as a classification for those characters. Do you even know that those words mean? I don't think so, allow me to clarify that for you: classic literally means "judged over a period of time to be of the highest quality and outstanding of its kind", while modern is something "relating to the present or recent times as opposed to the remote past", simple Google search. The reason I'm bringing this here is because some people, like you, think "classic" is something old and rotten that existed only back in the days movies had no color and sound, which isn't the case, a classic thing can be something from the latest console generation before the current (modern) one, which means that characters from the PS3, X360 and Wii era have already given us classics, regardless of what you think. So you have to forgive me for calling bullshit on you complaining about people asking for characters that are mostly from the PS2, Xbox and GameCube era and saying they're somehow not classic.
#1936  January 22, 2020, 02:11:54 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
#1937  January 22, 2020, 11:48:40 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
IMO, I feel that Fighter Pass 2 will be a 2-2-2 pattern: 2 Nintendo characters, 2 characters from well respected games and 2 from newer games

Nintendo Characters

Sword/Shield Rep - With incoming DLC for this game, it makes a ton of sense to get a rep from this game in ASAP
Waluigi - Like I said before, might as well give the goober a chance.

Well Respected Games

Dante - With the arrival of DMC3 Special Edition on the Switch, I thought that it was the perfect moment. I was wrong.. Still, hype for the series is at an all-time high.
Scorpion/Sub-Zero - Another thing to think about when it comes to adding characters is the impact on gaming a character has. While not well known to Japanese fans, the Mortal Kombat series is well loved in America. It also gives them a chance to put in another character from a Mature rated series... but with a twist. You could pull ideas and moves from Injustice to help round these characters out.

Newer Games

Indy Game Rep - There's plenty of choices for this rep since the major choices (Sans, Shovel Knight, Shantae) are all taken via Assist Trophies, Spirits or even Mii Costumes.
Wild Card - Like the name says.
#1938  January 24, 2020, 06:19:44 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Pointless wall of text
It is fine to disagree with someone's opinion. Now, if you want to contest said opinion you can do so by presenting proper arguments (like Long John Killer did) without resorting to a condescending tone to insult the person's intelligence/knowledge.

No, I don't think something from current or previous generation can be considered classic. Yes, I think the Pong Paddle of the L block from Tetris has more merit for being in a game like this than a pile of blocks from Minecraft or some dudebro from whatever ultraviolent FPS/crime simulator.

Another thing to think about when it comes to adding characters is the impact on gaming a character has.

This more or less sums up my opinion.

#1939  January 25, 2020, 04:04:06 pm
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
If they were considering a Gen 8 rep, a possibility it might not even be one of the starters but one of the new Pokemon. It all depends on popularity they've gained. Rillaboom seemed like a very interesting choice as it can potentially become the first standalone Grass-type fighter. Using its drumsticks and drums to fight sounds something that wasn't done before for Smash. I know this is crazy but supposed they added Hsien-Ko from Darkstalkers. I mean she has crazy stuff up her sleeve and if she was in Smash, there's no telling if any of the items she has are Bob-ombs, Killing Edges, Death's Scythe and maybe a Fake Smash Ball. I would go "AIYAA" myself if that was to happen.

At this point, there's really no need to get our hopes that high since he already said these 6 fighters have already been selected. So for now, if you have the Fighters Pass, enjoy your roster of 82 fighters when Byleth is released.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#1940  January 25, 2020, 06:25:06 pm
Can't wait for the "there's too much monkeys!" stuff.

Although, Toxtricity has been getting some popularity lately.  Not every Pokemon rep has to be a starter after all.  It could have an interesting moveset involving sound-based specials and it's also a Poison type so there's much creativity to be made from it.

Spoiler: Worth pointing out (click to see content)

Defiantly my choice.