YesNoOk

MugenHook - upgrade your M.U.G.E.N! (Read 1441177 times)

Started by ermaccer, September 20, 2019, 03:01:11 pm
Share this topic:
Re: MugenHook - upgrade your M.U.G.E.N!
#141  November 23, 2019, 07:20:43 am
    • Poland
Random select would need to be replaced with a new solution to make it useable for anything, it is not even random. I cannot use any data from it as it switches too fast, you can make sounds work with Random cells but only if you use very slow switch time, and that is not that good looking.
#142  November 23, 2019, 10:42:27 am
    • Japan
Umm, that's a shame.
If it was implemented, it would have been usable in the tournament video ...
#143  November 23, 2019, 11:19:11 pm
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Would there be any way to have a score system implemented with this and have it output to a log file?
#144  December 03, 2019, 06:53:37 pm
  • BOOM!
  • I'm a magen dade who knows how to code somewhat
    • USA
it ain't working for me at all
That will happen to you if you don't wear your seat belts, so make sure to wear your seat belts.
#145  December 03, 2019, 06:54:08 pm
  • BOOM!
    • USA
That will happen to you if you don't wear your seat belts, so make sure to wear your seat belts.
#146  December 03, 2019, 07:04:15 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#147  December 03, 2019, 07:29:09 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
Here's a couple of ideas if possible:
If it's possible to implement a change for the characters shadow into ovals.
Stage interaction implementation would be nice if its possible without the need to make a fullgame.
Implementing something similar to Training by Stupa would be a nice feature addition for training mode.
Character color/palette preview/selection in the select screen would be nice.
#148  December 03, 2019, 07:54:11 pm
  • MvC Adict!!
    • Argentina
    • marvelvscapcomextreme.000webhostapp.com
Here's a couple of ideas if possible:
If it's possible to implement a change for the characters shadow into ovals.

You can do that kind of shadow like an explod into the cns of each character, Beximus did that in Capcom Universe proyect.

Some ideas:
- Would be great to disable skip for INTRO and WIN battles. I would like to generate the "after win" code like MvC, disable the win pose pressing start button and continue punching when the enemy is dead.

- Would be great to add the simul and turns mode in training mode.
Marvel vs Capcom Extreme (find the MvC2 characters project right here too!):
marvelvscapcomextreme.000webhostapp.com

Follow the project on:
www.instagram.com/marvelvscapcomextreme/
www.youtube.com/c/MarvelvsCapcomExtreme
www.player.me/marvelvscapcomextreme/

I recieved messages of users that want to donate from paypal or patreon, if you consider that this is a nice and very dedicated project, you can donate any amount that you want right here:
www.paypal.me/marianoemeschini
#149  December 03, 2019, 08:10:07 pm
  • Raging Fist
One thing that would be super sweet to have is a means of placing alternate versions of one character onto one character slot and you can choose them by holding start and pressing left or right, like for example Ryo: Regular, but when you hold start you can get Mr. Karate II, or Fatal Fury WA Ryo.
#150  December 03, 2019, 09:51:59 pm
  • BOOM!
    • USA
there might be something wrong with ultimate asi loader or something because mugenhook isn't enabled for me at all
#151  December 19, 2019, 07:23:39 am
  • The need situation makes the man
    • Mexico
    • www.facebook.com/mike.funkyman
Hello

I want to colaborate with Mugenhook project, I have nice ideas can expand Mugen a little more

I was studying the developing of Mugenhook and ASI plugin, but the thing is ASI plugin are thinked for GTA games but, if I want to develop a ASI plugin for mugen, how settings do I need in the plugin SDK for mugen?

Because I want to add LibOPNMIDI and Tinysoundfont to mugen for adding MIDI arcade nostalgia

And other questión, its posible to add Winmugen the ASI plugin toó?

Thanks in advance
#152  December 25, 2019, 08:54:59 pm
    • Brazil
I will use Google Translator, so I hope you understand. Finally, someone bothered to bring individual animations and sounds to the selection screen. This is amazing, and enriching for MUGEN. So thanks for the work. I want to report some issues.

I tried anyway to make MugenHook work on my Mortal Kombat - Solano Edition, but it works only partially. I thought it might be a problem with my project, so I tested it on the official MKP, the MUGEN defaut engine, also on M.U.G.E.N 20th Anniversary, and the problems persisted. Mugen Hook does not work for me, and no matter what I do. I did all the correct procedures. I have all the sounds, the animations, all perfectly configured in the cfg folder. What happens is that the animations on the selection screen appear (in slowdown) but then disappear quickly. As for the name sounds being said, some cells work well, but in others the sounds are not reproduced.

Re-scale characters are not working either

(A suggestion: The sounds played by system.snd on the selection screen sound very low. It would be perfect if you had an option like the "volumescale" parameter to be able to increase the playback volume of this file.)

LINK
[https://youtu.be/nvf8yIcx7k0]
Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 09:21:57 pm by SolanoMK
#153  December 26, 2019, 09:59:18 pm
I will use Google Translator, so I hope you understand. Finally, someone bothered to bring individual animations and sounds to the selection screen. This is amazing, and enriching for MUGEN. So thanks for the work. I want to report some issues.

I tried anyway to make MugenHook work on my Mortal Kombat - Solano Edition, but it works only partially. I thought it might be a problem with my project, so I tested it on the official MKP, the MUGEN defaut engine, also on M.U.G.E.N 20th Anniversary, and the problems persisted. Mugen Hook does not work for me, and no matter what I do. I did all the correct procedures. I have all the sounds, the animations, all perfectly configured in the cfg folder. What happens is that the animations on the selection screen appear (in slowdown) but then disappear quickly. As for the name sounds being said, some cells work well, but in others the sounds are not reproduced.

Re-scale characters are not working either

(A suggestion: The sounds played by system.snd on the selection screen sound very low. It would be perfect if you had an option like the "volumescale" parameter to be able to increase the playback volume of this file.)

LINK
[https://youtu.be/nvf8yIcx7k0]

Hey I think I might be able to help on Your issues. I watched your video and this is what i came up with.

So from what i know so far is that, the first person you put for animated portraits (IE for your case, Scorpion) the engine will set whatever you have first in your animated portraits  as the default guideline for the rest of the cast unless you specify otherwise. In order to specify otherwise you have to do what you did with your lui kang and input his data separatley below scorpion and for others you repeat the process. Alot of times with mugen chars their standing animation isin't  always identical across the map. What do i mean?

Spoiler: Where you may have went wrong according to your video (click to see content)

If You Need more info ill put below in a spoiler what i did to put in the Deadpool.

Spoiler: Putting In Deadpool (click to see content)

So it all sums up to how the character is made. Will their standing animations go from 0,0 to 0,11? or will they repeat or jump to other specific frames. You'll have to figure it out in fighters factory for each character. Id recommend atleast putting a character that has a traditional standing  and select animation (Usually its animation number 181 for select and 0 for standing) so that even if you don't do every character in your screenpack, atleast they wouldn't look too bad when you scroll over them.

I hope this helps. I'm Just now getting into Mugen Code myself so this is the most can try to help with. Goodluck!

Edit: Also here is a link to a video so you can see my setup with some of the same issues as your own so you can see what i was talking about
https://streamable.com/f30du

As you can see, Chung Li has Errors as well as the cast towards the bottom. I got lazy and decided not to finish them or fix their issues but we have alot of the same issues form what ive seen. :sweatdrop:
Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 10:26:55 pm by ~XKiraYam~
#154  January 02, 2020, 10:37:41 am
    • Poland
0.5.0b Released!
Changes:
  - .air files should now load no matter the animation begin block name case (eg. both begin action and bEgIn ActiON should work)
  - Added experimental Fight Log feature from 1.0, currently it supports totalmatches and stage only
  - Crashes on select screen with many characters should now occur less frequent/not at all (needs more testing)
  - Added proper Windows XP support, suppose it is beign used in custom arcade machines.
  - Frame loader now works always, doesn't require animated portraits.

https://github.com/ermaccer/mugenhook/releases/tag/0.5.0

Hello

I want to colaborate with Mugenhook project, I have nice ideas can expand Mugen a little more

I was studying the developing of Mugenhook and ASI plugin, but the thing is ASI plugin are thinked for GTA games but, if I want to develop a ASI plugin for mugen, how settings do I need in the plugin SDK for mugen?

Because I want to add LibOPNMIDI and Tinysoundfont to mugen for adding MIDI arcade nostalgia

Thanks in advance

Well, .ASI files are just DLL libraries with extension changed, however the ASI loader i use for mugen requires a InitializeASI function to be present in the .dll, other loaders might just use DllMain.

WinMugen and Mugen 1.0 port are I think possible, just someone needs to find required adresses (pattern scanning won't work, 1.0 used a different compiler).

Fight Log is beign worked on. I found everything from 1.0 in 1.1, but please test and report the results of current version.
#155  January 16, 2020, 06:38:13 pm
  • The true fight begins now..get in the tournament!
  • Danzey legendary tournament is the final fight!
    • France
    • danzey-legendary-tournament.blogspot.fr/
0.5.0b Released!
Changes:
  - .air files should now load no matter the animation begin block name case (eg. both begin action and bEgIn ActiON should work)
  - Added experimental Fight Log feature from 1.0, currently it supports totalmatches and stage only
  - Crashes on select screen with many characters should now occur less frequent/not at all (needs more testing)
  - Added proper Windows XP support, suppose it is beign used in custom arcade machines.
  - Frame loader now works always, doesn't require animated portraits.

https://github.com/ermaccer/mugenhook/releases/tag/0.5.0

Hello

Thanks in advance

Well, .ASI files are just DLL libraries with extension changed, however the ASI loader i use for mugen requires a InitializeASI function to be present in the .dll, other loaders might just use DllMain.

WinMugen and Mugen 1.0 port are I think possible, just someone needs to find required adresses (pattern scanning won't work, 1.0 used a different compiler).

Fight Log is beign worked on. I found everything from 1.0 in 1.1, but please test and report the results of current version.

MAN ! You are so GREAT!!!! thank you so much for your release and work ! fight log should be the same with mugen 1.0 ( my wish is you can copy the mugen 1.0 code to generate a fight log to your mugenhook 1.1) i will test it. for sure

my older name was danzey,now i'm SHIN DANZEY
FOLLOW ME ON YOUTUBE AND my Website
Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 08:45:33 pm by Shin DANZEY
#156  January 16, 2020, 09:53:42 pm
    • Spain
    • oscarstg1@gmail.com
Two simple questions:
Does anyone work?
Could you upload a mugen with everything already in it? Please
#157  January 17, 2020, 12:15:29 am
  • Born From the 93's
    • Puerto Rico
    • http://mrpr1993.deviantart.com/
Well this is just beautiful! I might check out more of this later~
CURRENT PROJECTS:
-Characters: Vera Trappz (OC)
-Stages: Springfield Town Square (Update)

IDEAS I HAVE:
-Characters: Mona-Lisa (OC), Danny Phantom, Betty Boop, Kim Possible, Aladdin, Oggy, NEW! Cartoon Guy
-Stages: Toon World (Cartoon Guy), End Of The World
#158  January 27, 2020, 05:02:29 am
Why is there no tutorial for this?
#159  January 27, 2020, 08:36:13 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#160  January 27, 2020, 09:24:01 pm
Why is there no tutorial for this?

I'm pretty sure there is decent documentation in the .dat files.

This is what I see:
"Installation:
MUGENHOOK WORKS ONLY WITH 1.1 VERSION OF M.U.G.E.N

MugenHook requires https://github.com/ThirteenAG/Ultimate-ASI-Loader/releases Rename the x86 dinput8.dll to ddraw.dll and place the asi in the main mugen folder.

Check out wiki on how to configure.

when I check inside the wiki:
animport.png:
; ermaccer mugenhook - animated portraits
; Format:
; a - Row
; b - Column
; c - Animation
; d - Alternate Animation for P2
; e - Select Animation
; f - Alternate Select Animation for P2
; g - File name (512 max, no spaces)
; ---- These settings require ini bEnableAnimationScale set to true!
; h - Scale X
; i - Scale Y
;
;
0 0 0 0 180 0 chars\kfm\kfm.air 1.0 1.0"

Where do I even put the files?