YesNoOk

ArtMoney is obsolete. CheatEngine is the future. (now with MvC2, CvS2 hitboxes!) (Read 875358 times)

Started by Jesuszilla, July 31, 2015, 10:43:01 pm
Share this topic:
Re: ArtMoney is obsolete. CheatEngine is the future.
#61  August 16, 2015, 05:55:17 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
OMG that's amazing. Something I would like to see is the hitbox on Cable's HP.

I mostly want t see the bullet and how fast the thing travels, but I'm not sure if you can pick up projectiles.

but you've already done this much I can't really complain.
Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 06:00:09 am by -Whiplash-
Re: ArtMoney is obsolete. CheatEngine is the future.
#62  August 16, 2015, 06:03:43 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Projectiles will come after I start dicking around with the same in VSav. Want to get that working first before I tackle Marvel projectiles. Obviously it would NEED to be a thing for Marvel due to how many of them there are in that game.

EDIT: Latest MvC2 script http://www.trinitymugen.net/~Creator/Jesuszilla/CheatEngine/MvC2.CT

As always, pay attention to the data you get! I fixed the velocity formatting issue as best as I could. Turns out I had copypasted the part that displays the text twice, so my format was always being overwritten. Oops.

Time to go back to VSav/SFA3 and add the other stuff to the forms that I want to add.

And for the record, MvC2 does scale on the Y axis!
Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 07:37:54 am by Jesuszilla
Re: ArtMoney is obsolete. CheatEngine is the future. (now with MvC2 hitboxes!)
#63  August 16, 2015, 10:12:10 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Awesome progress Jesuszilla!
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#64  August 16, 2015, 10:43:01 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Hey, uh.. how would I go about pausing attacks the frame they start? I can't imagine I can click the pause button in a 60th of a second.

also fiddling with stuff (I'm too tired to do anything major) but apparently Ruby heart's stance has a Clsn1 on it? does that make sense?
#65  August 16, 2015, 10:51:26 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Yeah, you have to be really fast with the input, sadly. Because it pauses the program entirely, it won't be able to detect inputs while it's paused, hence why I call it a hacky solution.

As for Ruby's stance, I'll look into it. Thanks.
#66  August 16, 2015, 10:55:30 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
It's alright.

getting the red box on cable too, actually. Not sure if it's everyone.

Their CLSN2 boxes look fine though.

EDIT: Yeah I think it might be everyone, Ryu's hitboxes are his ones from MVC1, but he has a red box on his front leg.
#67  August 16, 2015, 11:09:13 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
These hitboxes look as bad (albeit different) as those from SF3. Good job Capcom LOL !

Now, it's Just No Point's duty to remake all his spritepacks into accurate standardized SFF and AIR for direct use in Mugen. :P
#68  August 16, 2015, 11:27:18 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Updated the script. I haven't fixed the CLSN1 problem yet... however I have made framestep a lot better! It writes to the "emulation paused" boolean now, and it successfully detects input while it's paused! :)
#69  August 16, 2015, 11:31:44 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
These hitboxes look as bad (albeit different) as those from SF3. Good job Capcom LOL !

Now, it's Just No Point's duty to remake all his spritepacks into accurate standardized SFF and AIR for direct use in Mugen. :P

Haha the thought is crossing my mind :P
#70  August 16, 2015, 12:31:02 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Hey, uh.. how would I go about pausing attacks the frame they start? I can't imagine I can click the pause button in a 60th of a second.
Because I havent messed with the game I cant tell you for sure. BUT how I would do it in Project Justice is find out what triggers the animation(s). Record what animation numbers/pointers values you need. Then Shove them back in and it should restart the animation.

If you HAVE to have it pause at the very beginning of the animation, you'll have to create a pause the game code. Then while it's paused shove the switch animation into place. Even though it's paused, it should switch.

Get me?

The way I'd attempt to track it down is keep hitting light punch and do same/different searches. Make sure you're doing Endian searches cuz I'm guessing they'll be set up that way.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#71  August 16, 2015, 07:39:35 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Or you could just input the motions for the attack one tick at a time while it's paused since the script now allows for that.
#72  August 16, 2015, 08:14:29 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Hey uhh.. is it pausing for you? because now I can't pause at all, I click the pause/step frame button and it does nothing?

Because I havent messed with the game I cant tell you for sure. BUT how I would do it in Project Justice is find out what triggers the animation(s). Record what animation numbers/pointers values you need. Then Shove them back in and it should restart the animation.

does this mean it would be possible to force the character to do their Medium attacks?

#73  August 16, 2015, 10:49:38 pm
  • Non est hoc propter hoc sed propter est hoc
    • USA
    • doubletrend-zeta.neocities.org/
Unrelated to JZ's current discoveries, but thanks to cheat engine I think I may have cracked how the Hyper NeoGeo 64 stores xyz data through SS64. No guarantees because this is only one game, so I'm going to see if it applies to Buriki One and Fatal Fury Wild Ambition.

If this works out I will see if I can find hitboxes as well.
#74  August 16, 2015, 11:07:01 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Hey uhh.. is it pausing for you? because now I can't pause at all, I click the pause/step frame button and it does nothing?

I can pause and framestep just fine, even after restarting the emulator.

EDIT: That "phantom CLSN1" may actually be the CLSN it uses for throws. I think the earlier marvel games did that too.

EDIT2: Yep, I confirmed it with the CLSN1 in Gambit's regular jump vs. his super jump just like in XMvSF. The box changes between the two just like it used to. Those are used for throws.

Regular:
Code:
Clsn2: 1
  Clsn2[0] = -30,-100,28,-38
Clsn1: 1
  Clsn1[0] = 9,-64,27,-48

Super jump:
Code:
Clsn2: 1
  Clsn2[0] = -30,-100,28,-38
Clsn1: 1
  Clsn1[0] = -5,-52,23,-32

Regular on left, super jump on right.
Source: http://combovid.com/?p=3156

Also, since I want to be able to get projectiles, I'm thinking what I should do for the form is have a list to the side of all available objects, and on the right you view the data for the selected object.

You won't be able to view P1's and P2's data at the same time since you'll be selecting the object, but this will genericize it and allow you to focus on only one object at a time.

Something like this:

How does that sound to you guys?
Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 11:58:21 pm by Jesuszilla
#75  August 17, 2015, 12:02:30 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
That's a good idea. The interface looks simple enough to use, and I can't imagine a situation where I would need to see both character's hitboxes/velocities at the same time, anyway.

I can pause and framestep just fine, even after restarting the emulator.

FIgured it was just me. this is pretty irritating. Everything else is working just not being able to pause.
Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 12:49:13 am by -Whiplash-
#76  August 17, 2015, 01:01:13 am
  • Non est hoc propter hoc sed propter est hoc
    • USA
    • doubletrend-zeta.neocities.org/
Unrelated to JZ's current discoveries, but thanks to cheat engine I think I may have cracked how the Hyper NeoGeo 64 stores xyz data through SS64. No guarantees because this is only one game, so I'm going to see if it applies to Buriki One and Fatal Fury Wild Ambition.

If this works out I will see if I can find hitboxes as well.
Okay I just did a quick test in Buriki One and I'm getting nothing still. Nothing for floats or 4 bytes (which were SS64's) or 2 bytes. It makes sense that it should be different than SS64 because different teams worked on the games, but as to why Buriki One is somehow untouchable aside from Timer, Health and Camera positions is beyond me.

Anyway, I have just about a full table for SS64 so I'll see if I can find those hitboxes next.
#77  August 17, 2015, 08:09:45 pm
  • Thank you so very much.
    • dhillonpowell@gmail.com
    • Skype - dhillon2004521
    • dhillon521mugen.weebly.com/
This will be good for my SF2 Gouken!
#78  August 17, 2015, 09:39:32 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
Err... how?
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#79  August 17, 2015, 10:39:30 pm
  • Thank you so very much.
    • dhillonpowell@gmail.com
    • Skype - dhillon2004521
    • dhillon521mugen.weebly.com/
Well if I want it to be accurate to SF2WW I could use this to look into the game to see the Velocitys or whatever it is. Or I said that because I wasn't paying attention.
#80  August 18, 2015, 04:54:37 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Updated the VS/SFA3 script with the new UI. You can now select projectiles and it should tell you which ones are active so you can pay attention.