YesNoOk

Can you please put download links on your videos? (Read 2701 times)

Started by Luis, April 14, 2018, 09:31:40 pm
Share this topic:
Can you please put download links on your videos?
#1  April 14, 2018, 09:31:40 pm
    • USA
    • goroh16@yahoo.com
What really bothers me about mugen videos is a lot of people don't put download links to the characters or stage being shown in the video. I always put download links on my description. You'll be saving people so much time in having to search for these characters/stages.
Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 01:04:49 am by Luis
Re: Can you please put download links on your videos?
#2  April 14, 2018, 10:17:48 pm
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
Sounds really pointless to me but anyway, could just add the "character name" and "Author Name" (Which mostly DO) since doesn´t take more then 3 seconds to "google" files and find the source link.
#3  April 15, 2018, 12:17:38 am
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
/rant
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#4  April 15, 2018, 03:12:24 am
    • USA
    • goroh16@yahoo.com
Sounds really pointless to me but anyway, could just add the "character name" and "Author Name" (Which mostly DO) since doesn´t take more then 3 seconds to "google" files and find the source link.
True. But it can be nice to have everything there. I'm one of the few people that do this unfortunately. I wasn't expecting this to change people overnight because I knew nobody is going to care. Just throwing out a recommendation out there.
#5  April 15, 2018, 03:20:53 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
As convient as it would be for viewers, I'd imagine most people would just see it as a hastle.

With the way links/websites change/go down, we'll eventually have an age where most of the links lead to dead pages.  (tbh, a lot do already.)
And depending on how many videos an uploader has, fixing dead links could be a hastle.

And then there's the issue of linking to the latest version of a character.  No way in hell I trust uploaders to correctly link to the newest update.

Honestly, I think having the creation name and author is sufficient and works quite well.  If it exists online somewhere, the viewer should be able to trace the link on their own with enough ease.
#6  April 15, 2018, 06:08:00 am
    • USA
    • goroh16@yahoo.com
I don't mind fixing dead links. I'll do it ASAP if someone tells me a link is dead. I have a lot of mugen videos and the main reason I put links is so people won't have to comment asking me for the characters/stage. Yeah the whole latest version thing can be a problem with people who really want their whole roster to be filled with updated stuff. I rarely check the release board because I lost interest a long time ago.
Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 06:12:14 am by Luis
#7  April 15, 2018, 05:55:16 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
You'd get more comments if you didn't add links. That's what youtubes is all about, right? lol

I personally enjoy the search. It's half the fun of mugen for me. Especially when I finally realize the thing I'm searching for is private, that just makes me want it more.