YesNoOk

Character's HUD elements not showing (Read 14147 times)

Started by Zaratos, August 17, 2017, 11:33:19 pm
Share this topic:
Character's HUD elements not showing
#1  August 17, 2017, 11:33:19 pm
    • Italy
Hello everyone!

First off, I'm new here but I'm not new to MUGEN as I've been using it for a long time.

Now, I'll go straight to the problem: I am using the MUGEN Legacy Screenpack by NoZ (MUGEN 1.1). With this screenpack, however, I noticed that 'HUD' elements of certain characters (by HUD elements I mean like Zvitor's Spider-Man web bar, or Acey's Rogue characters logos in the corner) are not showing in the game. They are not there. Health bars, power meters etc. are showing just fine, but character specific HUDs are not it seems. I am fairly certain that it has to do witht the screenpack, as I never had this problem with other screenpacks. I tried looking in the files but I had no luck.  :(

I looked on the internet for a solution but I didn't find anything, so I decided to seek help here. Any kind of help is greatly appreciated, thanks a lot!

Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 08:08:46 pm by Zaratos
Re: Character's HUD elements not showing
#2  August 20, 2017, 03:04:05 am
  • For the Murder!
They are probably coded for 4:3 resolution and said screenpack is 16:9, they could be offscreen
Lord Noble Eye of Dezeroff; High Commander of the Reconnaissance Division, Airborne Corps; Fifth Seat in the Murder's Council; and Duke of Corvus
#3  August 20, 2017, 07:50:06 am
    • Italy
#4  August 23, 2017, 09:09:18 am
  • AfroSamurai
  • Nothing personal. It’s just revenge.
    • Germany
that wont do it because the lifebars etc use other resolutions. so the icons would be pretty small. if that dont bothers you u can just manually drag them around in FF3 in sprite section. once u found the correct spot, save and give it ago.

if you do care about the size u can resize them in FF3 or Gimp,Photoshop (whatever) but bear in mind that up-sizing a low-resoluton image will make things more pixalted. so if you REALLY care (lol) u have to download these symbols somewhere on the internet in better resolution and replace it with the existing ones.

I would suggest you just move them in FF3 and see how it looks. have fun and take care pal :)
Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 09:12:40 am by argyone
#5  August 23, 2017, 08:08:30 pm
    • Italy
Thanks for the help guys!

Yes, I moved the elements I needed manually, thankfully I only needed some of them, won't bother with minor stuff. Again thanks everyone!