YesNoOk

Davismaximus's WIP Thread: Who's Next - Optic Blast! (Read 193411 times)

Started by davismaximus, October 09, 2012, 10:25:09 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

Who should I spend the next 10 years on for a CS?

Cyclops by Buckus
7 (14.3%)
Cyclops by Loganir and Verz36
16 (32.7%)
Sabretooth by Kamekaze
2 (4.1%)
Captain America by Buckus
6 (12.2%)
Rogue by Splode
14 (28.6%)
Do someone else, you fucking hack
4 (8.2%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Voting closed: June 16, 2017, 12:16:34 am

Re: Davismaximus's WIP Thread: Captain Commando CS
#241  November 29, 2016, 06:53:30 pm
Hi, I'm old and slow and like to stop working on things for long periods of time. 

Progress on Captain Commando is slow but steady - I've got all his basic movements done and am working on his intros now.

And hey, if you wanna make some palettes for him, who am I to stop you?
Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 01:29:35 am by davismaximus
#242  November 29, 2016, 09:17:44 pm
  • Amateur Writer
  • Basically, I do palettes.
    • USA
Just a default palette for now.

#243  November 29, 2016, 10:39:54 pm
Thank you Spaz, but I've got all of his default palettes taken care of (probably should have mentioned that).  I am interested to see any custom colors you can come up with though!
#244  November 30, 2016, 12:49:15 am
    • Brazil
    • rafhot@msn.com
    • www.guimabrotherscreations.blogspot.com
good to see you separating colors :P its a long time since nash
amazing separation as always
#245  November 30, 2016, 12:57:39 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Not a big on making pal's but, would be cool to see him with a cool cameo of One punch man. Thinking of Genos, the cyborg man that would be really cool. Great stuff, as usual fellas.
#246  November 30, 2016, 08:06:38 pm
  • Amateur Writer
  • Basically, I do palettes.
    • USA
Tried Genos. Can't seem to get it to look right so I'd say it's Genos "inspired."

#247  December 01, 2016, 03:32:19 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Looks cool enough and still waiting for that update for Mr.Mech.lol
#248  January 03, 2017, 06:55:23 pm
Intros, outros, taunt, and standing punches are all done.  Hot diggity.
#249  February 05, 2017, 09:03:57 pm
    • USA
Let me know if you need any help with this, we can tag team it.
#250  March 26, 2017, 05:10:10 am
Late as fuck reply - thanks for the offer, but I'd rather knock him out on my own.  I hate having other people depend on me for shit, lol.  Speaking of which, almost finished with his basic attacks.  At this rate, he should be done some time before the heat death of the universe.
#251  March 26, 2017, 06:21:50 am
    • USA
Alright for sure. No lie I was about to start from zero, but I'll get Jin instead. Keep up the good work I know how annoying he is.
#252  April 04, 2017, 10:14:59 pm
A Jin CS would be great - he was on my list of Capcom characters to try and separate one day.

Anyway, I finished up all of his basic attacks today so all that's left are throws, specials, supers, and get-hits.

Not sure if I mentioned it, but this will be a patch for Warusaki's Cap.  If there are any other animations floating around please post them here or send them my way.
#253  April 07, 2017, 07:25:54 pm
    • USA
I'm probably going to see about a darkstalkers character, but Jin is necessary. If you still have steam after this we could team that.

That's the only Capcom anyway. You are separating the other commandos right? I wanted to put all the assist sprites in there as well as any other MVC stuff that's missing in this set. I believe Infinites Capcom had a few custom sprites, I'll look through and see if anything worth using. For the FX is that all FX or just the lightning? Like Captain Sword for example. How much space is left on the table?

I just have to add, man he looks so much better with his hair separation. The orange on the hair is so aggravating.

I just noticed "onesie" again once you say how much space is left I'd like to know if it'd be possible to separate the torso, I'd personally do this myself of course for my own needs.
Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 11:23:34 pm by ReixSeiryu
#254  April 08, 2017, 12:31:26 am
You are separating the other commandos right?
They're separated for the most part, but they do share some colors with each other, and I believe some of Cap's skin tones.  I did have to completely separate out Baby Commando's metal tones as they were shared with too much stuff.
For the FX is that all FX or just the lightning? Like Captain Sword for example. How much space is left on the table?
That's just for the lightning.  Warusaki's other electricity and fire effects use 255 colors by themselves, so they'd have to be reduced pretty drastically to fit in the template as is.  Speaking of which, here's how it's filled up as of now:

Still plenty of space for stuff to be added down the line.  I was originally going to separate the torso and parts of his pants, but that would be a shit-ton of tracing and guesswork.  I'm slow enough as is, so the current version is my compromise.
#255  April 08, 2017, 01:35:25 am
    • USA
Ah I see, no worries once you finish this I will gauge it myself and see about it. Trust me, Ive been learning how to sprite shirts lol. Hell. It's really all the angles. Plenty of space on the table though. I actually have some FX ready so all is well. I'll post those extra sprites(MVC/MVC2) later when I get home. Not mandatory of course, but I personally plan to use them & even if you don't cs them I will.
#256  April 08, 2017, 07:34:08 pm
Once I do my final pass checking everything out, I may separate out his torso depending on how sick I am of looking at his sprites, lol.

Had some time off this week so I finished off his special attacks, woo doggy.
#257  April 08, 2017, 09:39:13 pm
    • USA
#258  April 08, 2017, 10:05:13 pm
  • L.E.O.N here o/
    • Brazil
I've made two palettes for him and I forgot to post it  --;
#259  April 08, 2017, 10:08:52 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I have to make a mental note to steal make use of some of the color schemes in this thread, a good portion of them look so pretty, honestly.
This is a generic forum signature.
#260  April 09, 2017, 07:58:50 pm
Here you go. https://www.mediafire.com/?99r7otffnb4fjuf
Thanks, I'll go through and see if there's anything not included in Waru's set.
I've made two palettes for him and I forgot to post it  --;
Thank you, they look great!
I have to make a mental note to steal make use of some of the color schemes in this thread, a good portion of them look so pretty, honestly.
For easier pickins, here's all of the custom pals I've done so far.  Some aren't complete (FX, commandos, etc.) but the main colors for Cap are there.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty