YesNoOk

How to add/code chain combo for multi-moves (one after another)? (Read 4768 times)

Started by AuMiO VXC, July 24, 2015, 05:42:58 pm
Share this topic:
How to add/code chain combo for multi-moves (one after another)?
#1  July 24, 2015, 05:42:58 pm
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
Help. :(
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
Re: How to add/code chain combo for multi-moves (one after another)?
#2  July 24, 2015, 06:34:25 pm
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
To be clear, you mean pressing the same button but doing another move in the combo string?

If that's the case, here is how I've been doing it.

Lets say your first attack is in State 200 and you use "x" for the attack.

Code:
[Statedef 200]

[State 200, blah blah blah]
Type = blah blah blah
value = 11

[State 200, Combo]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = command = "x" && movecontact ;Using the same attack button, and if the move makes contact with the opponent, it will move to the
value = 220 ;next attack state using the same button
ctrl = 0

[State 200, 3]
type = ChangeState ;In the case the move doesn't connect, back to state 0/idle state
trigger1 = AnimTime = 0
value = 0
ctrl = 1

pretty much that. there's prob a way to achieve the same thing in the cmd but i prefer seeing it like so

you could also probably optimize this using ifelse/cond
Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 07:56:48 pm by GT Genesis
#3  July 28, 2015, 08:19:01 am
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
Well, I see here what you say is important for me too. but I no mean this....
Actually I want to perform different moves (with different buttons) and that moves will be chained (no gape XD). But thanks for reply. 
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
#4  July 28, 2015, 08:30:11 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 08:34:54 am by -Whiplash-
#5  July 28, 2015, 08:47:47 am
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com

#6  July 28, 2015, 08:49:06 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
does that mean you understand... or you don't?
#7  July 28, 2015, 10:47:45 am
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
I understanding bro. If I need help (in this case only). I will PM you. ;)
Actually I wanting to make some chain combo for Seth.

Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 10:51:23 am by Aumio Khan
#8  July 28, 2015, 11:02:52 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
K, great.
#9  August 03, 2015, 09:18:35 pm
  • Niigasan
Does this same method apply for special moves?
#10  August 03, 2015, 09:27:27 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
special moves are slightly easier.

Instead of using all those Triggers for each attack you want to be able to chain from, just add:

triggerx = StateNo = [200,699]

where x is the next available trigger number.
#11  August 07, 2015, 12:55:11 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Actually, if it's a floor special move, would need just [200,499], as 600-699 are usually normal jump/air attacks. :)

BTW, while I'm here, is there a difference of using trigger1 = stateno = [200,299], and trigger1 = StateNo >= 200 && StateNo <= 299? Don't they technically mean the same thing?

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#12  August 07, 2015, 12:58:13 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
they do.

And I use  [200,699] so I can paste it into aerial specials (and specials you can do in the air or on the ground) as well. I mean if you make it so they can't do the special in the air (with triggerall = statetype != A) it won't matter anyway.
#13  August 07, 2015, 01:18:53 am
  • Original characters are my forte.
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/bane84/
Actually, if it's a floor special move, would need just [200,499], as 600-699 are usually normal jump/air attacks. :)

BTW, while I'm here, is there a difference of using trigger1 = stateno = [200,299], and trigger1 = StateNo >= 200 && StateNo <= 299? Don't they technically mean the same thing?

Of course there's a difference.  [] can't be used in an IfElse, but >= and <= can (as far as I know).  ;)