YesNoOk

How to make a character invincible when they use a certain attack? (Read 7348 times)

Started by Blazedragon94, April 15, 2017, 08:41:58 am
Share this topic:
How to make a character invincible when they use a certain attack?
#1  April 15, 2017, 08:41:58 am
    • USA
Maybe the title not clear enough what I mean is basically this, imagine Ryu doing the Uppercut move, now I want to set it so that while he using this move if he was hit by the opponent he will still do the uppercut undisturbed like the hit not even effecting him, so it not that I want Ryu unaffected by other attack all the time, it only happen when he use a certain attack or move. Hope some1 can give me a hint, I would be grateful.
Re: How to make a character invincible when they use a certain attack?
#2  April 15, 2017, 08:50:53 am
Use a NotHitBy
You can assign what attacks he'll be invincible towards.

Code:
; Not hit by anything
trigger1 = 1
type = NotHitBy
value = SCA

This would make him invincible to everything.
#3  April 15, 2017, 11:17:00 am
    • USA
Oh thanks but uhm will this make him invincible all time? Or only during certain moment like when he use a move? Cause I don't want the character to be full invincible XD. Like I said I basically just want it so that when he perform a move he wont get interrupted even if he was hit by an attack. Still thanks for replied to me XD.

Maybe it because I wasn't clear my apologize to make it simple I want to make a setting like this.

Ryu vs Ken, Ken hit Ryu with a Hadouken, Ryu effected normally like how a character would when hit by a Hadouken unguarded, then Ryu do the whole spinning kick thing all the way to Ken, Ken hit him with a Hadouken but this time Ryu is not effected n proceed to hit Ken with the spin kick, after the spin kick over, Ryu would then again be effected by a Hadouken normally.
Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 11:23:20 am by Blazedragon94
#4  April 16, 2017, 04:22:18 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
imagine Ryu doing the Uppercut move, now I want to set it so that while he using this move if he was hit by the opponent he will still do the uppercut undisturbed like the hit not even effecting him, so it not that I want Ryu unaffected by other attack all the time, it only happen when he use a certain attack or move.
then Ryu do the whole spinning kick thing all the way to Ken, Ken hit him with a Hadouken but this time Ryu is not effected n proceed to hit Ken with the spin kick, after the spin kick over, Ryu would then again be effected by a Hadouken normally.
Are you asking for invincibility or auto-guard/armor frames?
It almost sounds like you're describing auto-guard in your scenarios, but Ryu normally has invincibility during those times in his games. (Attacks pass through Ryu, instead of him getting hit and continuing to use the move)

For invincibility, you use exactly what Niitris said.
Elecbyte's NotHitBy documentation.
If you place your sctrl in the proper state, and adjust your triggers accordingly, then you shouldn't need to worry about your character being invinvible when you don't want to.
#5  April 16, 2017, 09:00:26 am
    • USA
Yeah thanks for that is just never try this before so trying to make sure I got the right instruction before try this out but let me try anyway X3. But wait what do u mean triggers accordingly? XD So does it mean I have to choose the part involve the move I want, then input the NotHitBy thing then that mean whenever I use said move I wont be hit by anything?
#6  April 17, 2017, 05:37:03 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
He's just saying to make the triggers happen EXACTLY when you need. Making it the whole move isn't that good.
So you want it to only work at a certain time to a certain time. There are lots of ways to do this.
You have to decide exactly when and why you want it to work, then code that in.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#7  April 17, 2017, 06:03:32 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
This is how I set up my medium shoryuken

Code:
			[STATE 1100, INVINCIBILITY]
TYPE = NOTHITBY
TRIGGER1 = IFELSE(VAR(10) = 0, 0, IFELSE(VAR(10) = 1, 1, 0))
VALUE = SCA, NP, SP
TIME = 3

the trigger set i did  tells the nothitby to activate only on medium shoryu(ignore that),
the value makes it invincible to standing, crouching and air attacks, AND
against projectiles.

for trigger1 you can do it with animelem=, time= or more complicated
like ANIMELEMTIME(3) >= 0 && ANIMELEMTIME(5) < 0, that means it starts
at animelem = 3 and ends at the end of animelem = 5

the time I set to 3 because I wanted it to be invincible during startup only
if you hit ctrl+c in mugen you can see the hitboxes, when they turn
"green" that's your invincible portion. fiddle with the time and check
out the hitboxes so you can time it right how you want.
#8  April 17, 2017, 09:28:27 pm
    • USA
OH okay admittedly I am a bit dizzy by all of the text XD. But I will try, thanks a lot for this. XD
#9  April 17, 2017, 10:33:27 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
OH okay admittedly I am a bit dizzy by all of the text XD. But I will try, thanks a lot for this. XD

iTs easy dude just read it over again if you don't understand it and use crtl+c to see the hitboxes.
When they turn green that means your invincible during that time
#10  April 20, 2017, 10:04:14 am
    • USA
Dang I am trying but still don't know how to apply what u showed me to the character XD. Srry but still thanks for the help I will just keep trying till it work.
#11  April 20, 2017, 02:40:29 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Just copy paste that code I posted and where it says trigger1 = , change it to
trigger1=1 and check if your boxes turn green, if they do we got it working
Then we can adjust it to work exactly when you need it to