YesNoOk

Knuckles8864's WiPs - Captaining the Command(o) (Yagami Update) (Read 639144 times)

Started by Knuckles8864, February 14, 2017, 03:34:40 am
Share this topic:

Poll

After Yamazaki, what's next?

Update Iori Yagami?
6 (7.6%)
Update Dhalsim?
2 (2.5%)
Raiden or Maki Update?
9 (11.4%)
Captain Commando?
38 (48.1%)
5th Option?!
24 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Voting closed: August 31, 2019, 03:34:00 pm

Re: Knuckles8864's WiPs - I AM RAIDEN!
#301  September 19, 2017, 01:50:57 pm
  • Was it something I said?
Do you mean by how long it takes for the Giant Bomb to come out? Like shorten the time?
#302  September 19, 2017, 03:36:43 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
I'm saying to increase the time to hold back on Giant bomb command, and that when you're on custom combo mode, Giant bomb still a charge special, when it should be instantly casted by just pressing b,f+p, i hope you understand this time.
Lasagna
#303  September 19, 2017, 04:22:02 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
The Raiden is neat, pal. Here is some feedback:
-I dunno why, but usually when I'm trying to Faint from Giant Bomb Raiden instead starts it all over again. Especially after HP one because of big waiting time.
-Fix your Readme. It says that Poison Breath's command is "D, DB, B, p" while truly it's "F, DF, D, DB, B, p".
-Well, this glitch happens when you're executing Poison Breath in REAL contacting nearby from an enemy. Any further dist will work, but I still suggest you not overlook this.

-Flame Breath suffers from very same problems: wrong command and whiff on contact.
-Flame Breath is somehow pretty hard to execute. Destruction Drop- totally impossible. At least, no matter how much I tried to execute this move I never succeeded.
-Also, KFM escapes from MAX Crazy Train's third punch. Gladly, it still doesn't let KFM to slide from a combo, but still...

-I suggest you go with Raiden Bomber full-explode. Here is what am I talking about:

Just go nuts, create a new sprite with his (whole) hand only, create two animations for every state of move (Normal/Success), and add them as explods with sprpriority = 4. Give priority 3 to ENEMY to overlay Raiden himself and 5 to electric sparks.
P.S.:

Good luck!
#304  September 20, 2017, 03:34:36 am
I'm saying to increase the time to hold back on Giant bomb command, and that when you're on custom combo mode, Giant bomb still a charge special, when it should be instantly casted by just pressing b,f+p, i hope you understand this time.

So, longer normally, but shorter on Custom? Got it.

The Raiden is neat, pal. Here is some feedback:
-I dunno why, but usually when I'm trying to Faint from Giant Bomb Raiden instead starts it all over again. Especially after HP one because of big waiting time.
-Fix your Readme. It says that Poison Breath's command is "D, DB, B, p" while truly it's "F, DF, D, DB, B, p".
-Well, this glitch happens when you're executing Poison Breath in REAL contacting nearby from an enemy. Any further dist will work, but I still suggest you not overlook this.

-Flame Breath suffers from very same problems: wrong command and whiff on contact.
-Flame Breath is somehow pretty hard to execute. Destruction Drop- totally impossible. At least, no matter how much I tried to execute this move I never succeeded.
-Also, KFM escapes from MAX Crazy Train's third punch. Gladly, it still doesn't let KFM to slide from a combo, but still...

-I suggest you go with Raiden Bomber full-explode. Here is what am I talking about:

Just go nuts, create a new sprite with his (whole) hand only, create two animations for every state of move (Normal/Success), and add them as explods with sprpriority = 4. Give priority 3 to ENEMY to overlay Raiden himself and 5 to electric sparks.
P.S.:

Good luck!

-I'll check Feint it again to make sure it's right.
-I forgot about fixing that. To answer the Flame Breath command, I'm not sure how to set it right. 2QCB is easy, but can also be problematic due to being close to Combination Body Blow. Ad for Destruction Drop, I do U, R, D, L X2. Don't worry about getting all the way like you're playing on a controller/joystick  (assuming you're using the keyboard, which is what I use.)
-I kind of intended Poison/Flame Breath to be like that, but I'll look into it.
Again, I'll look better into it.
-I like that idea. I'll experiment with it.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Love you. :thumbsup:
#305  September 21, 2017, 05:49:49 am
    • Canada
Feedback Time!
- Charge time seems quick? (Might just be me though)
- EX Giant Bomb should launch higher (It will allow for more follow-ups if it has a launch like Ryo's EX Hien Shippukyaku)
- Front Suplex counts towards the combo counter (You have numHits = 0 and numHits = 1 in the same hitdef)
- Super Dropkick jumps with a landing FX (Switch it to the jumping FX)
- Sounds during "slams" should be different? (Judging based on other characters)
- You could move the electric FX of Raiden Bomber closer to his elbow since it's a clothesline

Keep it up!
Current Project: ????? ???
Projects
#306  September 23, 2017, 04:13:27 pm
Feedback Time!
- Charge time seems quick? (Might just be me though)
- EX Giant Bomb should launch higher (It will allow for more follow-ups if it has a launch like Ryo's EX Hien Shippukyaku)
- Front Suplex counts towards the combo counter (You have numHits = 0 and numHits = 1 in the same hitdef)
- Super Dropkick jumps with a landing FX (Switch it to the jumping FX)
- Sounds during "slams" should be different? (Judging based on other characters)
- You could move the electric FX of Raiden Bomber closer to his elbow since it's a clothesline

Keep it up!

-Still working on it.
-I'll test it to see how that will affect Raiden.
-Fixed.
-Got rid of the landing FX. He's... "technically" not jumping in the air.
-Fixed.
-Will see when I get around with Trololo's idea.

Anyway, I figured out a simple yet cunning plan for the input problems... an easy command system!

So far I got the following:

-Poison Breath will be D, DB, B, p instead of F, DF, D, DB, B, p.
-Combination Bodyblow is F, DF, D, DB, B, p instead of B, D, DB, p

So, maybe I'll also make regular be holding 3k instead of 2k while easy will have 2k?
Thoughts and suggestions for the other moves?
#307  September 23, 2017, 05:15:05 pm
    • Canada
Holding 3k might not be keyboard friendly though.
Current Project: ????? ???
Projects
#308  September 23, 2017, 05:23:20 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
yes,
2k or 2p would be good!

Im always ok to simplify hard to imput moves on keyboard.
At least give 2 versions possible?? 2p and 3p...
#309  September 23, 2017, 06:09:59 pm
    • Brazil
Lasagna
#310  September 24, 2017, 02:07:32 am
I have no issues holding 3 kicks or 3 punches and my keyboard is like 5 bucks O.o
#311  September 24, 2017, 07:19:41 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Such sh*t depends on the keyboard you're using. I really had one that didn't let me do so. Now I have a laptop, and it LET me press and hold 3 buttons, but I can't press "Forward/Backward + A + X". Not with my preferable buttons configuration.
So, yeah. It really may be unfriendly, but not for keyboard, but for a player.
#312  September 24, 2017, 11:31:58 am
That might be the reason why some people can't pull off Feint. It's not Hold F, B, A + X. It's do Giant Bomb as you would normally would, then quickly press A+X to cancel. Perhaps I should make more of them so you could cancel it more easily?
#313  September 24, 2017, 12:13:58 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Like I said, I personally CAN pull off Faint. But right after it Raiden start Giant Bomb again all by himself.
#314  September 29, 2017, 03:15:42 pm
So, while I get Raiden all ready to go, how about a little poll for the next character?
#315  September 29, 2017, 03:24:58 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Glad to hear that.
And I'd like to suggest you make someone uncreated in P.o.T.S. or P.o.T.S./Infinite style next.
-Rugal.
-Ryuhaku Todoh.
-At least I never was Nakoruru in the same style we're all restricted to.
-Hibiki Takane.
-Didn't see Athena either.
-The same with Maki.
-The same with Kyosuke.
As you can see, the list is wide. Chose whenever you want. But I have one more... Personal suggestion.
-Warisaki has a lot of characters in CvS2 style. And not all of theme WERE in the original game. So, he technically proved me, that characters from Garou, and Hotaru Futaba especially, will definitely work.
;----------------------------------
Sorry. Posted that list before you finished with creating your poll. Well, my votes go to Rugal and Maki.
Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 03:42:24 pm by Trololo
#316  September 29, 2017, 03:43:25 pm
    • Brazil
Lasagna
#317  September 29, 2017, 03:46:10 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
give mahvel love,Froz,Infinite,Divinewolf were the only one that gave,Show Mahvel love after that disaster(MVCI)
#318  September 29, 2017, 03:49:49 pm
  • The other Indian
    • India
I just want a good hulk and batman. If either are not an option, then anybody other than the first four poll choices.
#319  September 29, 2017, 03:52:14 pm
give mahvel love,Froz,Infinite,Divinewolf were the only one that gave,Show Mahvel love after that disaster(MVCI)

I like Jedah in that one. :/

-Ryuhaku Todoh.
I second this one, mainly because i want to see the original CvS2 roster converted to PoTS.

Also, Todoh gets no love from the mugen community.

Aww, poor Todoh. The only problem I'm seeing is an idea for a Lvl. 3. I only remember him from the first Art of Fighting (hope I'm correct on this one), and CvS2 being the most recent game he's in.
#320  September 29, 2017, 03:53:26 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I like all the choices you suggest!
Maki and Yamazaki are some of my fav choices!

But I would really love to see Angel in POTS style some day.
Dampir's SFF is so good it makes me want to see it in action! :)
And it would be a good oppotunity to use her new voiceset from KOF XIV

Anyway, all the choices are OK to me!