YesNoOk

Looking to make my first character. Need pointers. (Read 3760 times)

Started by Facade, October 10, 2016, 06:17:52 am
Share this topic:
Looking to make my first character. Need pointers.
#1  October 10, 2016, 06:17:52 am
    • USA
Re: Looking to make my first character. Need pointers.
#2  October 11, 2016, 07:53:14 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
At this point, I'd probably focus on what its movelist is going to be and how it plays. It's not fun when you're doing an original character (ie: not ripped from a game) and then discover that certain attacks just don't work at all in your system (ie: the Mario I'm sloooooowly working on).

Also you'll definitely want to sprite the required animations as shown in the docs because, well, they're required!

Also I'd recommend reducing the character's colors to something more manageable so that you can do palettes. It looks simple enough, but all that anti-aliasing jacks up the numbers really badly, so you'd need cleaner lines to work with.
Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 07:59:11 am by J.A.N.G.O.
#3  October 12, 2016, 09:42:05 am
  • The Red King
    • Philippines
    • xtremegunner417@yahoo.com
Subscribing to this topic to get some pointers as well. I for one am making a character as well but beyond the basic tutorial from this site ( http://www.elecbyte.com/mugendocs-11b1/mugen.html ), I am at a loss on what to do. Still producing my sprites, tho.

Good luck on your char, dude!
#4  October 14, 2016, 01:47:17 am
    • USA
At this point, I'd probably focus on what its movelist is going to be and how it plays. It's not fun when you're doing an original character (ie: not ripped from a game) and then discover that certain attacks just don't work at all in your system (ie: the Mario I'm sloooooowly working on).

Also you'll definitely want to sprite the required animations as shown in the docs because, well, they're required!

Also I'd recommend reducing the character's colors to something more manageable so that you can do palettes. It looks simple enough, but all that anti-aliasing jacks up the numbers really badly, so you'd need cleaner lines to work with.

I already have something of a moveset made. She's supposed to be a kickboxing style, with small hints of wrestling throughout. I can post the concept and inputs if you wish.