YesNoOk

MegaMan charge attacks, win poses against certain characters + more (Read 84158 times)

Started by RedDragonCats17, April 05, 2018, 03:02:57 am
Share this topic:
Re: MegaMan charge attacks, win poses against certain characters + more
#41  April 09, 2018, 03:21:51 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
If there are 0 var resets outside of state 310, and the var resets, you've entered state 310. Which means your exiting changestate is firing off immediately. I've had this mess-up happen to me plenty of times.

You wont ever want the var reset outside of 310 unless you can whiff it. Then you'll probably want to set up a second var to keep track of that.

At this point, I'd just make a basic changestate to enter 310 to see if it works 100%. Make it x+y or something just for testing.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#42  April 09, 2018, 03:24:15 am
  • Part-Time MUGEN creator
    • USA
    • Skype - reddragoncats17
    • reddragoncats17.weebly.com/
A basic changestate. Got it.

Edit: Should I put it -2 or what?
#43  April 09, 2018, 03:28:31 am
    • USA
Ah HA! I found out what the problem is!

It's the powerset. I got rid of the powerset state and now Zero is firing his level 1 shot like he was supposed to.
#44  April 09, 2018, 03:42:07 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
If the topic is solved make sure to switch the icon by hitting solve at the bottom left.
Was there something else?
#45  April 09, 2018, 03:56:57 am
    • USA
Yes, but one question. Can I use the same command from the level 1 shot for the level 2 shot and other attacks?

Edit: Never mind, I found out that I can.
Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 05:07:50 am by RedDragonCats17
#46  April 09, 2018, 05:15:07 am
    • USA
While I do want to do Omega Zero's level 2 charge shot, because it's 2 charge shots than 1 like regular Zero, but after that nightmare of making the level 1 shot work, this whole charging thing is a headache.

So I think it's time to go for something that's a little more simpler (hopefully), and that's disabling the Up button for jumping and double jumping.

When I disable Up and use A, I also use A for Zero's air jump, but Zero air jumps infinitely. How can I make Zero double jump with A?
#47  April 09, 2018, 07:41:43 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
So get the level 2 shot working. Test it with x+y or what ever works easiest for you. Once it's good, you have your variable keeping track of the power level(s). Like var 3 and power. You can do math to switch the changestate that works for the level 1 charge shot. All you'd need is something like
value =  ifelse(power >=2000,320, ifelse(power <=999,300,310))
so if you've got over 2000 power do level 2. if you have less than 1000 do regular shot, and if you have between 1999 and 1000 do level 1.

When I disable Up and use A, I also use A for Zero's air jump, but Zero air jumps infinitely. How can I make Zero double jump with A?
I'm not 100% sure what you mean. Like which way you want to go. It sounds like you only want ONE double jump. I think because you're using A to jump instead of U, Mugen doesn't recognize that internal value changing. I think it thinks it's a special move or something, not a jump.
You'll want to keep track of your jump with a variable. Every time you land you'd reset it. Every time you jumped from pos y = 0 you'd reset it. And once you double jumped in the air it sets it to 1 or whatever.
If you didn't want to waste a variable, I'm sure you could keep track spawning and killing an explod or helper.

#48  April 09, 2018, 08:46:24 am
    • USA
I honestly can't tell which one is easier. In my mind, the variable probably isn't as complex as the explod, but the explod probably won't make things like the buster shot, a massive headache. As for the helper... idk.
#49  April 09, 2018, 09:01:19 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
All 3 will work exactly the same. If it's there, dont double jump. If it's not there, double jump. You're just checking to see with triggers.
The var is probably the safest, but all 3 wont mess up if you do them right.
So pick a variable number.
You're going to need to make 2 jump changestates in the cmd if you have multiple triggers for the ground jump I believe. Either way, in the air jump trigger group you'll want to make sure it's in the air, and the player has control, and A is pressed, and the var is less than 2.
Then in your jump up state, usually state 40, add 1 to the var. This way, when it's on the ground it's 0. Jumping into the air is 1, and air jump is 2. Once you land it goes back to 0.
So in your landing state(S), 52, you'll want to reset the variable back to 0. IF OTHER STATES ARE USED TO LAND YOU'LL WANT TO SET IT TO 0 IN THEM TOO. I have a few "99" states I use for landing. Like a special air move is 1500, the falling state will be 1599. It almost always switches to 0 or 11 or 10 on land.
Remember to set up debug to watch the variable.
#50  April 09, 2018, 09:24:31 am
    • USA
Like this for the CMD?

Code:
[State -1, Double Jump ctrl]
type = ChangeState
value = 46
triggerall = command = "a"
triggerall = var(4) > 2
triggerall = statetype = A
trigger1 = ctrl

Do I have to use varadd or varset for when I add 1 to var(4) state 40 (or 50 if that's what you meant).

Scratch that. I'm pretty sure that I have to use varadd.
Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 09:31:34 am by RedDragonCats17
#51  April 09, 2018, 10:49:40 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
heh,  I think a lot of what you get wrong is your less than, greater than signs.
    [State -1, Double Jump ctrl]
    type = ChangeState
    value = 46
    triggerall = command = "a"
    triggerall = var(4) < 2   ;this is var 4 is less than 2
    triggerall = statetype = A
    trigger1 = ctrl
I wasn't sure 90% of the time reading your previous posts if you had swapped it trying to mix up the code to poke around to get something working.
If you look the keyboard , and . is less than greater than. There's a few ways to remember, but one way is the bigger number points down at the smaller number. Pacman eats the bigger number. things like that.

I dont like having JUST ctrl as the only trigger outside of triggerall. But everything else in the changestate looks good.
btw, make sure you have
    triggerall = statetype != A
in the other changestate. Otherwise it'll mess up in the air.
#52  April 09, 2018, 10:02:20 pm
    • USA
Aight, that's fixed. But there's one small problem.

When I press Up, Zero does this weird slide, which means it's not entirely disabled. How do I fix this?

(should've added this edit when I made the initial post)
Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 12:18:37 am by RedDragonCats17
#53  April 10, 2018, 06:25:51 am
    • USA
Um.... hello?
#54  April 10, 2018, 07:40:58 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Is up going to do anything? The jump is kinda hardcoded into mugen.
If it does nothing, you may just want to make a statedef 1, as in positive 1. It'd just be a fake standing still state. A clone of statedef 0.

----
Watch the double posting too. You've done it a couple times and I havent mentioned it. We just dont like bumps in the forum for more than a few reasons. Try to give people some time to answer too.
#55  April 10, 2018, 08:53:47 am
    • USA
Sometimes I'm a impatient guy.

I've made the statedef 1, but Zero is still sliding. The Up button is gonna be used for Zero's special attacks, like his upper slash from his Rise armor (MMZ2), and his rising saber (Ryuenjin from MMX4).
#56  April 10, 2018, 09:38:21 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
the Statedef and the Changestate*
You'll be switching to it constantly so you may want to only set an animation to 0 if it doesn't = 0. 
#57  April 10, 2018, 10:29:38 am
    • USA
Although Zero is a little static, I disabled his sliding by getting rid of the velocity in the velset of statedef 40. Even though Zero will be switching from anim 0 and anim 40 very fast, I'll worry about that once he's actually almost done. Right now I'm eyeballing on one last thing before I take a break from Zero and work on character bios (maybe make a idea engineering post about those characters), and that's a win pose against certain characters. Primarily, bosses, since this full game is going to feature A LOT of bosses.

I tried to get Zero's boss win pose to work, using Redline's Infinity Sigma as a example. But apparently it doesn't work.

Here's the code in the decider:

Code:
[State 180, Boss]
type = ChangeState
triggerall = enemy,name = "Infinity Sigma"
triggerall = Roundno >= 1
trigger1 = Time = 0
value = 183

Why won't this pose work?
#58  April 10, 2018, 09:11:22 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
You shouldn't be switching between 0 and 40. You should be switching between 0 and 1.

This isn't enough info to tell you why the pose isn't working. There could be 5 or 6 different reasons I could think of.
You could have a changestate above it that fires off first.
enemy,name isn't working properly. (remember you can see 1 or 0 with debug)
state 183 ends immediately for some reason
are 3 major ones

You can also use
trigger1 = matchover = 1 ;0 is the first round(s).
for the final round pose. Though you cant test it with FF3/FFS because there's no final round. It seems like you may have specific poses for the individual boss. With this you could do a general boss win pose, then the specific win pose once the battle's won.
#59  April 11, 2018, 12:21:05 am
    • USA
I honestly don't know how I should explain this. It just doesn't work. Zero does his other 2 poses instead of his boss pose.

Do you know a alternative for enemy,name? I tried P2name, but no luck.
#60  April 11, 2018, 01:14:19 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Have you set up debug to display the variable to see if the enemy,name is working?
Does it go into state 183 if you comment out the trigger?
Btw, once P2 is dead there's no enemy. You've set up a variable to keep track of which enemy you're facing right?